Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 2012-13
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
William405
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Sep 16 2012, 07:05 PM) *
laugh.gif

I was going to say inb4 they concede 2 goals ;p
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 16 2012, 04:01 PM) *
Roma looked impressive only against a crappy Inter. They've drawn at home against Catania and lost today to Bologna.

I think they play a very dynamic style which imo requires stronger central defenders.
X-Offender
Chievo are utter crap.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 22 2012, 10:15 PM) *
Chievo are utter crap.

And what's with those green-yellow shirts? When did they change into that? Also a new club badge?
kurtsimonw
Juve will lose 2 games max.
acid911
As long as they do lose. sleep.gif And soon. Their streak is already crazy scary!
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 23 2012, 01:27 AM) *
And what's with those green-yellow shirts? When did they change into that? Also a new club badge?

No idea.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 23 2012, 02:45 AM) *
As long as they do lose. sleep.gif And soon. Their streak is already crazy scary!

If they break our 58-match unbeaten run I think I'm gonna go to a killing spree in Turin.
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 23 2012, 05:31 AM) *
If they break our 58-match unbeaten run I think I'm gonna go to a killing spree in Turin.

And you can be sure I'll join you shoulder-to-shoulder. mad.gif angry.gif Their undefeated Scudetto was pain enough, particularly considering how they remained such - referee assists and feather light penalties including. That's why I was so rooting for a 4-0 Chelsea drubbing for these criminals. That would have shook them up mentally.

But yeah, the 58-match streak is a boiling point no-no for me. Sadly, I think as they get close, they'll get their way during matches. Juventus knows how to manipulate and influence Italian media and officials.
Fillipo Simone
They knew it before as well. We've been saying that the Serie A is more competitive (at least some people here) but I think Juve's results and recent success says everything. Sure. they are a nice little side with maybe some strong collective mentality, but really...a record-breaking team? I don't think so.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 23 2012, 08:29 AM) *
They knew it before as well. We've been saying that the Serie A is more competitive (at least some people here) but I think Juve's results and recent success says everything. Sure. they are a nice little side with maybe some strong collective mentality, but really...a record-breaking team? I don't think so.

Agreed.

Too bad we'd most likely struggle to get a draw off Chievo these days. But the sad part is, it's because we're terrible these days and not because the league has any strength in depth.
kurtsimonw
They've lost 1 of their last 52 Serie A games, a 1-0 loss to a Giovinco goal near end of 10/11 season.

Their current unbeaten Serie A streak is at 43.
X-Offender
Inter seem no better than us. Lost 2-0 at home to Siena.
KillerMax
Inter can not stray too far away from their identity. Merda.
Fillipo Simone
At least they have a better squad. Hopefully we can send them Allegri soon wink.gif
William405
Juve draw 0-0 with Fiorentina.
kurtsimonw
Must be the first bad team ever to go 44 games unbeaten?
Zed.D
biggrin.gif
acid911
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Beaten, man, I need to see beaten. Like right about now. sad.gif Somebody please do it already!
kurtsimonw
Napoli beat Lazio 3-0. At 0-0 Klose scored a goal with his hand, which was given. He then told the referee to disallow it. Pretty classy move.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 28 2012, 02:56 AM) *
Napoli beat Lazio 3-0. At 0-0 Klose scored a goal with his hand, which was given. He then told the referee to disallow it. Pretty classy move.

To quote Fishdoll, +3 cookies to him!
Fillipo Simone
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

You know, this is very funny...for months I've been trying to remember when was the last time someone made such a fair gesture. Deep in my memory I have the picture of a German player in Serie A having given a penalty, but then he steps to the referee and shouts it wasn't a penalty, wrong decision. Can't remember if it was maybe Rudi Völler or Klinsmann even.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 28 2012, 12:42 AM) *
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

You know, this is very funny...for months I've been trying to remember when was the last time someone made such a fair gesture. Deep in my memory I have the picture of a German player in Serie A having given a penalty, but then he steps to the referee and shouts it wasn't a penalty, wrong decision. Can't remember if it was maybe Rudi Völler or Klinsmann even.

De Rossi against Messina a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhpW_VxJBp0
kurtsimonw
I remember Di Canio doing something classy here.

Robbie Fowler also did something here but the ref still gave the penalty, which makes no sense.
Fillipo Simone
So, Roma-Juve today. Really hope good ol' Zeman can crack them.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 29 2012, 02:44 PM) *

Somehow until now I thought it was Roma-Juve and not Juve-Roma. Juve will probably win since they're playing at home.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 29 2012, 03:44 PM) *

Nupe.3-0 for Juve...
KillerMax
I really thought this Zeman guy was great but the more I learn about him the more I see he is a one-trick pony and nothing special at all.
X-Offender
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Sep 29 2012, 10:50 PM) *
I really thought this Zeman guy was great but the more I learn about him the more I see he is a one-trick pony and nothing special at all.

You mean you didn't know him from before? Zeman doesn't care about the defensive aspect of the game, his only focus is attacking and scoring as many goals as possible. He's a complete d!ck, and that's why he's never managed a big Italian side, apart from Roma and Lazio many, many years ago. Not to mention that Roma have a crap defense, so that worsens it. Roma made the most idiotic mistake by choosing him over Montella.
KillerMax
No, I had no idea who he was. Good to know.
han2503
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Sep 29 2012, 09:12 PM) *
No, I had no idea who he was. Good to know.

Even if you don't know who he is, it becomes very clear what type of football ideals he has. I think he would do great with a team that has a rock solid defence that could make up for the defensive shortcomings in his tactics.

I really hate to see what Juve would do to us should we face them now...
Fillipo Simone
You never know, Allegri might just surprise us all.
William405
He does.Every fricking week.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 30 2012, 08:38 AM) *
He does.Every fricking week.

Sadly, not in a good way dry.gif dry.gif
Zed.D
That's like one of Maradona's goals with Napoli, even better.

Miccoli is one of those very talented players that could've been much bigger.
kurtsimonw
Big fish in a small pond mentality.
Jack Bauer
Only some kind of miracle will prevent Juve for winnig it this season. Kinda like merda in the after Calciopoli years.
Fillipo Simone
Well, you guys laughed at Zeman yesterday but Montella is doing practially the same thing. If only Inter would have been a bit deadlier, it would have been 4 or 5 to 1, not just 2-1.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 30 2012, 10:32 PM) *
Well, you guys laughed at Zeman yesterday but Montella is doing practially the same thing. If only Inter would have been a bit deadlier, it would have been 4 or 5 to 1, not just 2-1.

Nah, Inter are crap defensively compared to Juve.
kurtsimonw
Unless someone spends a lot of money, Juve will run away with the league for a few years. Miracle we even managed to keep it close last year.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 30 2012, 11:43 PM) *
Unless someone spends a lot of money, Juve will run away with the league for a few years. Miracle we even managed to keep it close last year.

Agreed. But then again Juve have the bigger share in the TV rights followed by inter with their post-calciopoli 'form'. Moreover, Juve cater to a bigger audience in Italy, add to that their own stadium ... I think, right now, Juve is in a league of its own. They came back from Serie B, and restructured. Five/six years later Voila!

They were dismantled and reconstructed. A couple of seasons to build a core and Juve got a team that is threatening to break an unpresidented record.

I don't think our goal should be to play catch-up, otherwise Zlatan and Silva would still be here. I believe our goal is long-term and will take at least two/three years for us to actually see a competitive team with positive streaks and perhaps a title or two. No earlier than that.

Money? Its easy, if we generate profit, we could buy important players. But I beg to question, would such an 'important player' prefer to play for 4MM a season at Milan or 6MM+ in the Premier League? To that effect, Bolton Wonderers could afford such a player if Milan's salary cap is at 4MM. <-- food for thought.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 1 2012, 12:26 AM) *
Agreed. But then again Juve have the bigger share in the TV rights followed by inter with their post-calciopoli 'form'. Moreover, Juve cater to a bigger audience in Italy, add to that their own stadium ... I think, right now, Juve is in a league of its own. They came back from Serie B, and restructured. Five/six years later Voila!

They were dismantled and reconstructed. A couple of seasons to build a core and Juve got a team that is threatening to break an unpresidented record.

I don't think our goal should be to play catch-up, otherwise Zlatan and Silva would still be here. I believe our goal is long-term and will take at least two/three years for us to actually see a competitive team with positive streaks and perhaps a title or two. No earlier than that.

Money? Its easy, if we generate profit, we could buy important players. But I beg to question, would such an 'important player' prefer to play for 4MM a season at Milan or 6MM+ in the Premier League? To that effect, Bolton Wonderers could afford such a player if Milan's salary cap is at 4MM. <-- food for thought.

You forget that Berlusconi wants to sell Milan. Things could drastically change then.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 1 2012, 02:51 AM) *
You forget that Berlusconi wants to sell Milan. Things could drastically change then.

Unless that means increased revenue for Milan, nothing will change. That is if we plan on playing in Europe.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 1 2012, 12:56 AM) *
Unless that means increased revenue for Milan, nothing will change. That is if we plan on playing in Europe.

yes but remember it takes money to make money wink.gif
X-Offender
So, Inter have started using the 3-man defense as well, and with good results. I wonder if Allegri will ever consider this possibility.
kurtsimonw
Hopefully.
Fillipo Simone
Naah, can't see that happening. Maybe after a few more bumps on the road.
X-Offender
The thing is that even in the last few games he hasn't really changed much. Against Udinese and Cagliari, the intention was to play 4-3-3, but one of the forwards was Emanuelson, and in the words of Nesta: "Emanuelson is a fullback, not a striker". Against Parma he played Boateng alongside El Shaarawy and Bojan, which, again, doesn't change much in terms of attacking power. He never strays from the 3 defensive midfielders, no matter what. At least he could play a 4-2-3-1 with Emanuelson on the right wing, instead of Bojan, which would grant him some more cover.

Montolivo - De Jong
Emanuelson - Boateng - El Shaarawy
FW

The question is, does he have the balls to play such an attacking formation? I highly doubt so.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 1 2012, 07:55 PM) *
Montolivo - De Jong
Emanuelson - Boateng - El Shaarawy
FW

The question is, does he have the balls to play such an attacking formation? I highly doubt so.

Emanuelson as RW? Boateng as trequarista?

3-4-3 please. When I take a look at our fullbacks, they all fit better as wingbacks anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.