Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 2012-13
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
KillerMax
I mean the guy has a point. With what happened not too long ago with Calcipoli + the evidence that came out against Inter later on and and very recently what happened with Siena and some other teams and all the players that had agreed to "throw" games. It would make me uncomfortable too.
Jack Bauer
Italian football never had integrety to begin with. Even without all the criminal stuff (which I'm sure still going on on some level) the refs here are just awful. We might got more favourable calls this season all things considered but last season they totally r@ped us.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ May 23 2013, 07:40 PM) *
We might got more favourable calls this season all things considered but last season they totally r@ped us.

I believe the Angelli's are even bigger bastards than Berlu when it comes to this stuff (meaning they have more influence). Last year they were competing with us, so we got f@cked over left and right. Muntari goal would have sealed the Scudetto. This year, we were no threat to them, so... Yeah... but they still got a f@ck ton of help from referees and pretty blatant ones too. As soon as it looked they would be winning the Scudetto the favorable calls stopped. They should at least be a bit more subtle.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ May 24 2013, 03:40 AM) *
Italian football never had integrety to begin with. Even without all the criminal stuff (which I'm sure still going on on some level) the refs here are just awful. We might got more favourable calls this season all things considered but last season they totally r@ped us.

They r*ped us??? Last season we had plenty of favorable calls too. Just one episode can't foreshadow the rest.
KillerMax
I remember it was way more than one episode.
dst
QUOTE (KillerMax @ May 24 2013, 12:32 AM) *
I mean the guy has a point. With what happened not too long ago with Calcipoli + the evidence that came out against Inter later on and and very recently what happened with Siena and some other teams and all the players that had agreed to "throw" games. It would make me uncomfortable too.

And after so many years in Serie A he only remembered now? Most, if not all, of the players know what's going on before the scandals break out anyway. This thing does not make any sense.
KillerMax
Yeah, I don't know any more than you do.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 24 2013, 04:55 AM) *
They r*ped us??? Last season we had plenty of favorable calls too. Just one episode can't foreshadow the rest.

Yes they did. Like Max said, way way way more than just Muntari's goal + all the help Juve received. Here's just some of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsQUz86UEqE
William405
Benitez to Napoli!Second place is ours again!
Fillipo Simone
So Spanish Primera has more integrity? I don't buy it.

As for the Agnelli's - they are a whole different league compared to Berlu.
acid911
QUOTE (William405 @ May 24 2013, 03:53 PM) *
Benitez to Napoli!Second place is ours again!

Good times are here to stay. happy.gif
servbot
Poor Napoli. What did they do to deserve that! LOL
X-Offender
Some of you underestimate Benitez. I think he's a great choice for Napoli.
acid911
Oh, yeah, sure I do. biggrin.gif Bye bye Napoli. He's the type of a coach that will see them finish 3rd or 4th. If Napoli wanted to go up, they should have looked elsewhere. Benitez is mediocrity personified. Good coach on his best days, and a total joke on his worst. I'm happy they signed him, I'm happy he is back in Serie A.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 24 2013, 12:20 PM) *
So Spanish Primera has more integrity? I don't buy it.

I fully expect nobody to agree with this but I don't think Serie A is as dirty is any other league. They're all the same in my opinion. The difference is Italy don't seem to care about the consequences when they do all these investigations and stuff - which isn't a bad thing. They've relegated their biggest club to try and help clean up the league. Match fixing and the like goes on in EVERY league, without a doubt. It's just that there's no way in hell FAs of other countries would even dream of relegating their #1 club. Hell, there's even rules in place which mean Madrid/Barca can't get relegated!
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 25 2013, 02:00 AM) *
Hell, there's even rules in place which mean Madrid/Barca can't get relegated!

What kind of rules? huh.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 25 2013, 04:44 AM) *
What kind of rules? huh.gif

If they finish in the bottom 3, they aren't able to get relegated because it would be a conflict of interest with Barcelona B and Castilla. If they finish in the bottom 3 and Barca B/Castilla were to get promoted, the latter have the right to decline promotion. Basically, they can't possibly get relegated.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 24 2013, 10:36 PM) *
If they finish in the bottom 3, they aren't able to get relegated because it would be a conflict of interest with Barcelona B and Castilla. If they finish in the bottom 3 and Barca B/Castilla were to get promoted, the latter have the right to decline promotion. Basically, they can't possibly get relegated.

Had no idea about this. I need a moment to digest how f@cked up this is.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (KillerMax @ May 25 2013, 05:38 AM) *
Had no idea about this. I need a moment to digest how f@cked up this is.

I heard it on Revista de la Liga a few years ago, Guillem Balague was tweeted the question about it and answered it.

A bit off topic but Bilbao are the only other club never to be relegated, pretty amazing when you consider their transfer policy.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 25 2013, 03:36 AM) *

wow!

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 25 2013, 03:45 AM) *
A bit off topic but Bilbao are the only other club never to be relegated, pretty amazing when you consider their transfer policy.

Yeah that's amazing!
KillerMax
Now I'm not sure about this. Some are saying their "B" teams will be relegated to third division in case of the "A" team's relegation.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (KillerMax @ May 25 2013, 08:39 AM) *
Now I'm not sure about this. Some are saying their "B" teams will be relegated to third division in case of the "A" team's relegation.

I'm just going by what mister Ballague said. Though it wouldn't be the first time he's made something up to try and sound like a know it all if it isn't true.

I don't agree with this B team thing at all. What's wrong with a reserve/academy league like in England?
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (KillerMax @ May 25 2013, 10:39 AM) *

Yeah, that sounds more logical. There's no way a team, even as big as Real and Barca, can't be relegated.
Zed.D
Anyone watching Roma-Lazio?

The players have kicked each other more than they've kicked the ball. I know they feel like they ought to since it's the Rome derby, but come on! this is getting too physical.
Fillipo Simone
Yep. And Totti being the most annoying of them. What a dirty player he is.
dst
Oh crap, I completely forgot about that. I understand I have not missed much though? tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
ESPN is showing it at 7:30. Great, show the Final after it's finished. rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
Great cross from Candreva, Lulic with a far post tap in.
kurtsimonw
Congrats Lazio.
Zed.D
Oh well Roma, better luck next time with Allegri happy.gif
Fillipo Simone
Candreva is such a frustrating player. He has the know-how and is really intelligent, but somehow he manages to undo most of what he does good.
dst
yay Lazio! happy.gif
X-Offender
Hernanes: "My future? I don't know..."

Come to Milan!
nuh
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 26 2013, 08:37 PM) *
Hernanes: "My future? I don't know..."

Come to Milan!

X-Off do you know what chances are of us getting him? unsure.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (nuh @ May 27 2013, 01:01 AM) *
X-Off do you know what chances are of us getting him? unsure.gif

Um, no idea. I know that we've been linked with him, and that Hernanes wants to play the Champions League next season, but that's about it.
TriniKing_CE
Serie A 2013 - Goals of the season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPgWYXVXg4M

king.gif
dst
That's not a great list, there's a couple of goals there that are not worthy. I'm sure I saw some much better ones in the weekly compilations during the season.
X-Offender
Livorno beat Empoli and is promoted to Serie A.
kurtsimonw
WTF!?
X-Offender
He's always been a hot-blooded one, but that's going too far.
X-Offender
Blanc cose to signing for Roma.

Link
X-Offender
Tevez very close to signing for Juve.

Link
William405
That would make Juve unstoppable in the Serie A.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (William405 @ Jun 5 2013, 10:23 AM) *
That would make Juve unstoppable in the Serie A.

i don't know... imagine the drama....
kurtsimonw
Links with Higuain and Jovetic.... and you end up with Tevez. laugh.gif

He's a headcase who's just come off a dreadful season and only cares about money. Disaster waiting to happen. smile.gif
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 5 2013, 05:49 PM) *

He's a headcase who's just come off a dreadful season and only cares about money. Disaster waiting to happen. smile.gif

They got Llorente though and they could form a solid solid partnership! Higuain might join Juve as well but I think they'll probably have to offload then.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 5 2013, 05:49 PM) *

Tevez > Higuain

wink.gif
han2503
Tevez is obviously the better player, but as kurt said, he's a disaster waiing to happen. Can you imagine a character like Conte and him clashing?

That would be epic
kurtsimonw
Tevez is also 29 and had only 1 good season in the past 3 years. I'd take Higuain ove Tevez and pay more money for it. They need a pure scorer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.