Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 2012-13
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
X-Offender
Galliani obviously didn't see this through. Cassano had just managed a very good World Cup, we had lost Ibra, Pato was injured, SES hadn't exploded yet, of course selling him wasn't good for us. Especially since we paid €7 million for Pazzini, as well. But we got lucky, cos Inter and Cassano in the end sucked, whilst we signed Balo afterwards and finished 3rd.
Fillipo Simone
But you make it sound very one-sided. First of all, signing Balotelli was also Galliani's work. Second, SES did explode actually. Third, I think it was quite foreseeable that Cassano's career is going downhill. The mere fact that he had a good Euro (not WC tongue.gif) but we decided to sell him anyway tells you there was enough baggage to make such a decision. And obviously Inter couldn't deal with it either.

If you ask me, it was quite foreseeable. Don't get me wrong, I blame Galliani and the management for many things, but not for a moment did I believe the were such fools.
X-Offender
Foreseeable? We would have never sold Cassano had he not asked to be sold. After Ibra's departure, him and Pato were supposed to be leading our attack. And it's not like Galliani knew since August that we would sign Balotelli in January. And nobody even thought about SES exploding. Things just happened as they happened, and we simply were lucky, that is all.
Jack Bauer
Mario Gomez’s move from Bayern Munich to Fiorentina has been completed, the German side's official website has confirmed.

The Bundesliga club have come to an agreement with the Viola for a €16m move.

The Tuscan side are set to pay Pep Guardiola’s men the fee over a period of four years, plus €4m more in add-ons.

Gomez has become one of the most sought-after striker in Europe in recent season, with Napoli, Atletico Madrid and Arsenal all reportedly interested.

A bit surprising that he chose them. Good addition for the league.
X-Offender
Gomez is somewhat of a gamble. Technically he's crap, but he can score shitloads of goals given the right conditions. But €20 million sounds rather expensive, at least for a Serie A team. And the guy is 27. I thought he was 24 or 25.
Fillipo Simone
Toni did good. I think Gomez will do even better, given he makes the transition to Serie A football.
X-Offender
I wonder why Bayern sold him, though. Don't they need a second striker choice? Mandzukic can't play all games.
Jack Bauer
Because Gomez didn't want to be a second choice and rightfully so. He scored about 120 goals in 4 years there.
Zed.D
Aren't they going to sign Lewandowski?
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jul 9 2013, 12:21 AM) *
Aren't they going to sign Lewandowski?

next summer
Rossoneri7
So Roma are making moves for the Strootman.

I personally think the player is overrated, way overrated. Especially after the Urby experience.
Fillipo Simone
What's Emanuelson got to do with Strootman though?
Jack Bauer
Yeah, Strootman is a much better player.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jul 9 2013, 07:33 PM) *
Yeah, Strootman is a much better player.

Totally.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 9 2013, 08:31 PM) *
What's Emanuelson got to do with Strootman though?

They both built their reputation in Holland.

Dont get me wrong, I like what I see on YouTube. Then again, we had the same source for Ganso.
TriniKing_CE
I'm sure some have seen his performance in actual games as well.

I'm also pretty certain that players like Ganso could have walked into our team last year (despite his decline).
il_diavolo_mtl
An extraordinary scandal is erupting after Roma threatened legal action against a radio station that aired private conversations between their directors.

The Giallorossi released a statement this evening warning they would take legal action against anyone who committed the “crime” of illegally intercepting a phone call.

The conversation between director of sport Walter Sabatini and general manager Claudio Fenucci was apparently recorded because one of the two men forgot to hang up the phone after they had spoken to the asromaradio.it staff for an interview.

Because of that, the radio station released its own statement pointing out “if a director leaves his phone on after a conversation and we hear him when he’s talking to someone else, it is certainly not our fault.” They have in turn threatened legal action against Roma.

In amongst all this, the content of the conversation has fallen by the wayside, but will be of great interest to Giallorossi supporters.

Sabatini explained to Fenucci that he had clearly ordered Pablo Daniel Osvaldo to begin pre-season training with the squad on Tuesday with everyone else rather than on Friday.

He noted this was because he wanted Osvaldo to receive the insults that other players had when arriving at the training camp this morning.

Sabatini hoped that the abuse would push Osvaldo towards accepting a £17m move to Southampton, which he had otherwise turned down.

The Italy international is currently on vacation in Chicago.

In the conversation, the directors also let slip that Barcelona target Marquinhos would be sold immediately if the offer reached €25m plus commission for his agents.

It was also noted that Daniele De Rossi is on the market for the right price.

To be honest this really damages their hand in both transfers discussed,,,
X-Offender
Strootman to Roma for €17 million. Contract of €2.2 million per season.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 10 2013, 02:12 PM) *
Strootman to Roma for €17 million. Contract of €2.2 million per season.

Another opportunity lost.

Oh well... What's new?
X-Offender
You know, it's quite baffling how clubs like Roma and Fiorentina can afford to pay +15 million for their signings. Even Napoli, Inter, and of course Juventus don't have a problem with that. We are the only club that really stuggles by making minimal offers for our targets. It's do depressing.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 10 2013, 05:08 PM) *
You know, it's quite baffling how clubs like Roma and Fiorentina can afford to pay +15 million for their signings. Even Napoli, Inter, and of course Juventus don't have a problem with that. We are the only club that really stuggles by making minimal offers for our targets. It's do depressing.

Finivest, all along.
Jack Bauer
Ogbonna is a Juve player dry.gif
X-Offender
Do they really need him, though? He's basically a Chiellini clone is terms of role and position.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 11 2013, 05:27 PM) *
Do they really need him, though? He's basically a Chiellini clone is terms of role and position.

Juve are becoming the Bayern of this league. They have the cash to buy the league's best talent and at this rate they've pulled miles ahead of the rest already
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 10 2013, 05:25 PM) *
Another opportunity lost.

Oh well... What's new?

Just got the HTC One smart phone biggrin.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 12 2013, 09:30 AM) *

laugh.gif LOL
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 12 2013, 01:30 PM) *

Great choice!! biggrin.gif

Personally I'm still using my HTC Desire HD from 3 years ago. It's still top notch after taking more tumbles to the ground than I'd care to admit biggrin.gif
X-Offender
I had HTC Wildfire before I switched to iPhone 4S.
Jack Bauer
Galaxy S2 all the way smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 12 2013, 08:19 PM) *
I had HTC Wildfire before I switched to iPhone 4S.

I would NEVER pick an iphone!
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 12 2013, 10:42 PM) *
I would NEVER pick an iphone!

You d*ck, why? biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 12 2013, 08:56 PM) *
You d*ck, why? biggrin.gif

Where do I even start!!!?

There is a reason why Apple is called a prison and it's users are prisoners.

It's such a restricted world. Even something as simple as mounting the device on the PC is not possible without downloading illegal software to do so. Just ridiculous.

Here's a great saying:
What’s really troubling is that Jobs made the walled garden seem cool. He created a huge following that is not merely resigned to having their choices limited, but willing to praise the prison bars because they have pretty window treatments. Eric S. Raymond

I only own 1 apple product, the ipad 3. And to tell you that you can count the number of times I've actually used it on one hand wouldn't be an exaggeration.
X-Offender
Well, I don't feel the same way. I own a MacBook Pro, an iPhone 4S and an iPod Classic, and I don't see myself as a prisoner. I chose these products because they complement my preferences, not the other way around. I realize that there are countless people out there that are so dependent of Apple that they would buy any kind of crap they'd put on the market, but I'm not one of them. For example, I wouldn't buy the iPhone 5 because I don't like it. I'd gladly buy a Galaxy S4 or HTC One instead, if I had to choose.

PS: OMG, han is talking about something not football-related! ohmy.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 12 2013, 09:54 PM) *
Well, I don't feel the same way. I own a MacBook Pro, an iPhone 4S and an iPod Classic, and I don't see myself as a prisoner. I chose these products because they complement my preferences, not the other way around. I realize that there are countless people out there that are so dependent of Apple that they would buy any kind of crap they'd put on the market, but I'm not one of them. For example, I wouldn't buy the iPhone 5 because I don't like. I'd gladly buy a Galaxy S4 or HTC One instead, if I had to choose.

PS: OMG, han is talking about something not football-related! ohmy.gif

Well you chose them so obviously you wouldn't feel that way about it. But personally, I can't stand the restrictions they put on someone. It's either buy something off iTunes or you're f@cked.

Yeah well, my brain IS able to comprehend other topics I just choose not to discuss them on the FOOTBALL forum I frequent tongue.gif
X-Offender
I bought the iPod Classic about four years ago because of its 160 GB capacity (I barely use it nowadays, though). I bought the MacBook Pro because I think it's awesome, and the iPhone was actually a gift. I think they're great products, but I don't consider myself devoted to Apple. But I see what you mean.

You should post more often in the Off Topic section. We miss you there. sad.gif
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 13 2013, 01:18 AM) *

Not really smile.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jul 13 2013, 12:53 AM) *
Not really smile.gif

huh.gif
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 13 2013, 03:17 AM) *
huh.gif

TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jul 12 2013, 04:26 PM) *
Galaxy S2 all the way smile.gif

*Hi5* wink.gif

Ditto
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 12 2013, 10:55 PM) *
Great choice!! biggrin.gif

Personally I'm still using my HTC Desire HD from 3 years ago. It's still top notch after taking more tumbles to the ground than I'd care to admit biggrin.gif

Haha .. this is my first experience with an HTC phone. And let me tell you, using this HTC phones makes me want to smash the iPhone on the wall. But I wouldn't do that, I'm a slave to iTunes tongue.gif

han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 12 2013, 10:18 PM) *
I bought the iPod Classic about four years ago because of its 160 GB capacity (I barely use it nowadays, though). I bought the MacBook Pro because I think it's awesome, and the iPhone was actually a gift. I think they're great products, but I don't consider myself devoted to Apple. But I see what you mean.

Yeah, I get what you mean as well, but let's just say that's I'd never actually spend another cent on any of their products.

Yeah well, I usually drop in and fire off posts here and there but I rarely scroll down to the off topic thread for some reason.

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jul 12 2013, 10:53 PM) *
Not really smile.gif

sad.gif Your really hurt my feelings Jack...

tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 13 2013, 11:01 PM) *
Haha .. this is my first experience with an HTC phone. And let me tell you, using this HTC phones makes me want to smash the iPhone on the wall. But I wouldn't do that, I'm a slave to iTunes tongue.gif

iTunes is probably my MOST hated thing that's apple related!! I download my music, movies, books all for free so iTunes is just a nuisance.

And yeah, HTC is great, Samsung's S4 is a top class phone don't get me wrong, but I like the HTC sense skin that HTC put over Android which gives it a totally different look from other Android phones
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 14 2013, 02:38 PM) *
iTunes is probably my MOST hated thing that's apple related!! I download my music, movies, books all for free so iTunes is just a nuisance.

I thought I was the resident pirate on here. rolleyes.gif Guess not. Watch out for the NSA and FBI champ...though if you get busted, you can point me out and we can share jail cells and talk football.

HTC one is a great phone. Love the build of it. But I'm a Sony loyalist, so I'm eagerly waiting for the Xperia Honami so I can upgrade my trusty Xperia Neo V.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 14 2013, 03:14 PM) *
I thought I was the resident pirate on here. rolleyes.gif Guess not. Watch out for the NSA and FBI champ...though if you get busted, you can point me out and we can share jail cells and talk football.

HTC one is a great phone. Love the build of it. But I'm a Sony loyalist, so I'm eagerly waiting for the Xperia Honami so I can upgrade my trusty Xperia Neo V.

biggrin.gif

Well my motto is, "why pay for something when you can get it for free?" innocent.gif

Which coincidentally is also a motto used a lot by our management so...
X-Offender
I always get music, movies and TV shows for free. I only pay for video games.
Fillipo Simone
Guys, I'm very sorry to interrupt, but this thread is named "Serie A 2012-13". Not to mention that we need a new for the 13-14 season wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 14 2013, 03:44 PM) *
I always get music, movies and TV shows for free. I only pay for video games.

Same here biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 14 2013, 04:03 PM) *
Guys, I'm very sorry to interrupt, but this thread is named "Serie A 2012-13". Not to mention that we need a new for the 13-14 season wink.gif

Yeah, sorry, we've gone a bit off topic, but at least it's better than the depressing news of how all our direct rivals are either selling their deadweight for huge amount of cash or how they're signing great players.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 14 2013, 06:30 PM) *
biggrin.gif

Well my motto is, "why pay for something when you can get it for free?" innocent.gif

Which coincidentally is also a motto used a lot by our management so...

han !!! What are you saying !! biggrin.gif tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 14 2013, 06:47 PM) *
han !!! What are you saying !! biggrin.gif tongue.gif

I don't know... unsure.gif

It seems that I might have confused myself now... unsure.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
Giaccherini? Well, the thing is, Giaccherini played a solid Confed Cup and Prandelli made sure his prize rises. If only Scolari was that good with Milan's management.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 14 2013, 10:12 PM) *
If only Scolari was that good with Milan's management.

What? blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.