Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 2012-13
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Fillipo Simone
Why not? As han said, Bayern will keep them preoccupied for a while.
kurtsimonw
Juve seemingly have an ulimited supply of players that can score. I actually think I'd prefer what they have than say City with Aguero. Aguero is a 25 a season type player most years, but this season he's struggled and the team have as a result because not many others will really score goals. Juve have Vucinic, Matri, Giovinco and Quags who can all score goals - they have 41 between and they're all pretty evenly spread out. On the off chance that they all have an off night? Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo and Pogba have 27 goals this seasom from CM. Yes I throw around stats a lot, but that's 68 goals between 7 players, with no player having more than 11. That's an amazing thing to have in your team.

Not to mention they don't let all that many in. Bonucci is having a great season and looks to be reaching the potential he showed at Bari, Cacares is also having a very good year. They have 4 guys at CB to rotate through, Peluso isn't great but is servicable as a 3rd CB against weak teams.

They're just a very, very good squad. Strength in depth with versatility. It's frustrating because even if they have injuries, it doesn't seem to matter. Pirlo went down, Pogba stepped in and was sensational.
acid911
Good for them. sleep.gif Will make the experience more satisfying when we beat these drugged dozers in the years to come. I just hope we can find a champion (aside of Balotelli, that is). As of right now we have none in the team. Some good players, one or two very good ones, and a lot of stinkers currently don our shirt.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 17 2013, 02:03 PM) *
Why not? As han said, Bayern will keep them preoccupied for a while.

Which won't change a thing anyway. But hey, you're welcome to keep your hopes up. Personally, the scudetto doesn't even cross my mind.

QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 17 2013, 04:07 PM) *
Good for them. sleep.gif Will make the experience more satisfying when we beat these drugged dozers in the years to come. I just hope we can find a champion (aside of Balotelli, that is). As of right now we have none in the team. Some good players, one or two very good ones, and a lot of stinkers currently don our shirt.

Don't be so spiteful. I'd rather beat Inter than Juventus.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 17 2013, 07:21 PM) *
Don't be so spiteful. I'd rather beat Inter than Juventus.

And end up second best in the league? unsure.gif Not many fans understand this, but really, Juventus is our biggest rival, and not just in terms of challenge. Inter has good relationship with us, Juventus as a club, has a strong dislike. We don't take them down, then rest assured we will not win the league for years upon years.

Just like the past decade, where the drugged ones did not let us any room to win. In fact, I don't even feel a thing when we lose to Inter, because ultimately I know they are within reach any given Sunday. Juventus, not so!
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 17 2013, 04:31 PM) *
And end up second best in the league? unsure.gif Not many fans understand this, but really, Juventus is our biggest rival, and not just in terms of challenge. Inter has good relationship with us, Juventus as a club, has a strong dislike. We don't take them down, then rest assured we will not win the league for years upon years.

Just like the past decade, where the drugged ones did not let us any room to win. In fact, I don't even feel a thing when we lose to Inter, because ultimately I know they are within reach any given Sunday. Juventus, not so!

I don't hate Juve as much as I hate Inter. The merdazzurri are our spiritual rivals. We live in the same city, share the same stadium, have a rich history of antagonism. Juventus can't even be considered rivals since their number of scudetto's is far greater than ours. For me, the Milan-Juve games can't even be compared to the tension and anticipation of the derby.
acid911
But you are thinking just in terms of the derby and intercity rivalry. wink.gif Besting Inter makes us the best club in Milan, laying the smack down on Juventus gives us a chance to become the best club in Italy. And I know where my interest lies. Inter are not going to mount a serious challenge for the Scudetto for a few good years, I reckon.

Heck, Juventus are trying to get back Ibra, they have a new stadium, massive earning potential and they are the type of club that spends money (little financial corruption). sad.gif A derby does not even fill me with as much electricity as seeing us dispose of Juventus, and nothing will make me happier when we punish these lobos and win a title.

Spiritual rivals or not, I want us to win gold, and the only real club between us and glory is (and will be) Juventus.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 17 2013, 06:09 PM) *
But you are thinking just in terms of the derby and intercity rivalry. wink.gif Besting Inter makes us the best club in Milan, laying the smack down on Juventus gives us a chance to become the best club in Italy. And I know where my interest lies. Inter are not going to mount a serious challenge for the Scudetto for a few good years, I reckon.

Heck, Juventus are trying to get back Ibra, they have a new stadium, massive earning potential and they are the type of club that spends money (little financial corruption). sad.gif A derby does not even fill me with as much electricity as seeing us dispose of Juventus, and nothing will make me happier when we punish these lobos and win a title.

Spiritual rivals or not, I want us to win gold, and the only real club between us and glory is (and will be) Juventus.

You're seeing this from a different perspective. I'm talking about spiritual rivalry, which club of the two I hate more and which game I feel the most. You're talking about which club we should surpass to become the best in Italy. They're two completely different things.
acid911
I know, and this is what I have maintained since my first post in this discussion. smile.gif Anytime and every time I see Juventus play, I want them to lose, such is my dislike for everything they stand for. In fact, there are times I even support Inter when they play in Europe, but Juventus, the threat they are, never get something like this from me.

The years when Juventus was in the depths of Serie B were the best years in terms of Serie A.
X-Offender
Yeah, that doesn't really make me hate them more than Inter, though.
acid911
Fair enough. sleepysmiley03.gif
kurtsimonw
Inter linked with Benteke. sad.gif cry.gif
kurtsimonw
Serie B has on Tuesday approved a salary cap that will apply to new player contracts signed from July onwards.

In a step towards protecting its 22 member clubs from financial problems, the Lega Serie B has decided any contracts signed by players from July 1 will have a maximum value of 300,000 euros (£255,000) gross per season.

A statement published on legaserieb.it read: "These new rules will allow us to make further progress towards protecting the financial assets of our clubs and establishing and developing a positive cycle of income in a sustainable system."

Player salaries will be divided into a maximum fixed amount of 150,000 euros (£127,500) with a maximum of 150,000 euros payable in additional bonuses.

Clubs that do not heed the new salary cap will receive penalties on their share of funds generated from television revenue and from other pooled resources.

In addition, youth teams that reach the quarter-finals of underage competitions will earn their clubs financial rewards.

Sky Sports

I'd like to think this could be the start of something, but that's a misguided hope.

I particularly like the part at the bottom to try and get clubs to focus on developing internally as a way of financial rewards.
Jack Bauer
Milan: Serie A has been altered
Jack Bauer
A really ugly foul by Cambiasso at the end of Inter-Juve. Should be banned for multiple games.
Jack Bauer
han2503
I'm surprised he didn't break his leg
X-Offender
Giovinco was lucky.
han2503
Forza Torino!
X-Offender
Yeah, c'mon Granata!
X-Offender
Jovetic got injured today and most probably won't make it against us next week.
Jack Bauer
Hamsik biggrin.gif Thank you for missing that penalty.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 30 2013, 09:20 PM) *
Jovetic got injured today and most probably won't make it against us next week.

More reasons to celebrate
X-Offender
1-2. dry.gif
X-Offender
2-2!
X-Offender
3-2! yay.gif
X-Offender
3-4! DAFUQ?!
Jack Bauer
Crazy game with awful defence.
han2503
Damn him that Cavani. So good.
X-Offender
3-5 FT.

F*cking Torino! mad.gif
Fillipo Simone
Well, that's just bad luck.
X-Offender
Vucinic removes his shorts after scoring his penalty against Pescara. blink.gif

Jack Bauer
Now I'm gonna have nightmares. Thank you, X-off dry.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 6 2013, 08:40 PM) *
Vucinic removes his shorts after scoring his penalty against Pescara. blink.gif

laugh.gif

If taking off the shirt means a yellow then that should be a straight red!! And the granny panties deserve a 3 game suspension!
William405
dat ***
Fillipo Simone
What an idiot.
X-Offender

Oh dear...
han2503
Why would you take off your shorts FFS??

I saw the replay this morning and Conte was seriously p!ssed off at him for doing that
Fillipo Simone
Well, why do you take off your shirt? (Not that I'm defending Vučinić)
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 7 2013, 02:44 PM) *
Well, why do you take off your shirt? (Not that I'm defending Vučinić)

But a shirt is just a typical thing, taking off your shorts and showing off your tighty whities is plain offensive to our eyes
X-Offender
If both Inter and Napoli win tonight, things are going to get tough considering our schedule.
han2503
Who do we have left aside from Juve and Napoli that would be tricky?
Fillipo Simone
Have we played Roma and Lazio yet?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 7 2013, 08:09 PM) *
Have we played Roma and Lazio yet?

Ah yes.

We have Roma late in the season, but we've already played Lazio twice
X-Offender
Inter and Napoli leading at HT 1-0 and 2-0 respectively.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 7 2013, 08:36 PM) *
Inter and Napoli leading at HT 1-0 and 2-0 respectively.

I don't think these results make that much of a difference in the big picture.

Yes we've lost 2nd place now, that's pretty clear, but i think 3rd is ours and if we don't get it it would be a miracle, and heads should seriously roll
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 7 2013, 10:42 PM) *
I don't think these results make that much of a difference in the big picture.

Yes we've lost 2nd place now, that's pretty clear, but i think 3rd is ours and if we don't get it it would be a miracle, and heads should seriously roll

Are you serious? If we get only one point in the next two fixtures (which is very likely) and Inter win both their games, then we'll have the same amount of points.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 7 2013, 09:08 PM) *
Are you serious? If we get only one point in the next two fixtures (which is very likely) and Inter win both their games, then we'll have the same amount of points.

That's only an assumption though.

I know ifs and buts, but I think we'll get 3 points at the least from those 2 games, and the bigger assumption here is that Inter will win all their games which is highly unlikely, so even if we manage to get level on points with them, when we have the easier fixtures we'll most likely collect max points while Inter are more likely to slip up.

I think FOR NOW we're ok. Yes losing the 2 points today complicated things slightly but I seriously believe (blindly HOPE) that the players won't throw away all their hard work.
X-Offender
We're playing the two top sides in the league, and chances of...

HOLD ON

Inter 3-3 Atalanta laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 7 2013, 09:15 PM) *
We're playing the two top sides in the league, and chances of...

HOLD ON

Inter 3-3 Atalanta laugh.gif

As I was saaying... innocent.gif

Now let's hope Atalanta don't do a Torino rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.