Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 2012-13
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Jack Bauer
I wish someone would punch Conte in the face. I'm willing no pay.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Dec 21 2012, 10:37 PM) *
I wish someone would punch Conte in the face. I'm willing no pay.

I'd rather see someone pulling out his fake hair
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 22 2012, 01:36 AM) *
The refereeing here is shameful

It really is. So many mistakes...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 21 2012, 11:36 PM) *
He can score another 10 goals today and I still wouldn't want him anywhere near here. 2 glorius tap-ins for him after the other million tap-ins his team mates missed

Poachers gonna poach.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 21 2012, 11:36 PM) *
The refereeing here is shameful

Cagliari's penalty was dodgey and they could've had about 3 players sent off today, can't put this on the ref.

3-1 anyway, Vucinic.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 21 2012, 10:39 PM) *
Poachers gonna poach.

Cagliari's penalty was dodgey and they could've had about 3 players sent off today, can't put this on the ref.

3-1 anyway, Vucinic.

Yep, he did poach, good for him, at least he didn't have the time to miss as many chances as he usually does. I seriously do not understand what you see in these types of players. And as much as I don't like Pazzini's style, I still prefer him over this pretty boy any day of the week

I think it was terrible on both sides. Juve's penalty was just as terrible and before Matri's second goal there was a hand ball from Vidal I think.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 21 2012, 11:45 PM) *
Yep, he did poach, good for him, at least he didn't have the time to miss as many chances as he usually does. I seriously do not understand what you see in these types of players. And as much as I don't like Pazzini's style, I still prefer him over this pretty boy any day of the week

I think you're too harsh on some. You say he wastes chances, he's had 10 shots in Serie a. 10. Hardly a lot. He's scored 3 of them too.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 21 2012, 11:45 PM) *
I think it was terrible on both sides. Juve's penalty was just as terrible and before Matri's second goal there was a hand ball from Vidal I think.

I'd need to see it again. I think his arms weren't outside of his body so it's difficult to give handball. But as I said, I could be wrong. Giovinco was basically untouched for the penalty. rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 21 2012, 10:49 PM) *
I think you're too harsh on some. You say he wastes chances, he's had 10 shots in Serie a. 10. Hardly a lot. He's scored 3 of them too.

I'd need to see it again. I think his arms weren't outside of his body so it's difficult to give handball. But as I said, I could be wrong. Giovinco was basically untouched for the penalty. rolleyes.gif

Not too harsh, just don't think players like Matri or Pazzini belong at lubs like Juve and Milan and in the long run this always end up going sour. You think Pazzini will last here more than 2 seasons? And the only reason Matri is still there is because the Juve management are procrastinating on the striker issue. Had they bought someone great, they would have already won this title. Hands down. And I think this shortcoming will also be something that holds them back in Europe once they face the real top clubs.

Yep, his hands were not out, but the ball still hit his arm and had that happened at any other moment the ref would have most likely called the foul. It's once again the same case of trying to corrent one wrong with another so the teams can be "equal"
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 21 2012, 11:53 PM) *
Not too harsh, just don't think players like Matri or Pazzini belong at lubs like Juve and Milan and in the long run this always end up going sour. You think Pazzini will last here more than 2 seasons? And the only reason Matri is still there is because the Juve management are procrastinating on the striker issue. Had they bought someone great, they would have already won this title. Hands down. And I think this shortcoming will also be something that holds them back in Europe once they face the real top clubs.

I do agree and I never said they are good enough. Matri isn't good enough for Juve, but Pazzini is good enough for what we are. They're good enough for high end Europa League teams in my opinion and that's basically what we are. We're not your usualy Serie A CL quality team - not with how we spend anyway.

I think Vucinic/Giovinco will be the only players still at Juve up front in 2 years time probably. Matri, Quags and Bendtner (laugh.gif) will be gone.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 21 2012, 11:00 PM) *
I do agree and I never said they are good enough. Matri isn't good enough for Juve, but Pazzini is good enough for what we are. They're good enough for high end Europa League teams in my opinion and that's basically what we are. We're not your usualy Serie A CL quality team - not with how we spend anyway.

I think Vucinic/Giovinco will be the only players still at Juve up front in 2 years time probably. Matri, Quags and Bendtner (laugh.gif) will be gone.

Respectfully disagree with that bit but I won't go into it again. No matter how rough a moment we're in, Pazzini is still not good enough for us.

And he won't be good enough to help in our 3rd spot push, if SES has trouble in the 2nd half of the season then we're completely f@cked and THAT is when we'll actually become an EL team because we'll literally be playing in it come next season

Even Vucinic is pretty terrible on his days. I think out of all their strikers Vucinic has the biggest love/hate relationship with the Juve fans. He can have a couple of really great games and then go one a terrible run with huge misses and even lazier plays.

The amount of chances Juve players miss in each game has got to be a league record
X-Offender
Inter 1-1 Genoa FT

laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 22 2012, 02:35 PM) *
Inter 1-1 Genoa FT

laugh.gif

Did you see their miss from 2 feet out? Shocking and ridiculously funny.

Juve are going to walk to this title if Inter are their biggest challenge
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 22 2012, 04:49 PM) *
Did you see their miss from 2 feet out? Shocking and ridiculously funny.

Juve are going to walk to this title if Inter are their biggest challenge

Yeah, I saw it. Somehow I felt they would score a second, but good for us they didn't. If we win tonight, we'll only be 5 points behind. Now let's hope Lazio and Napoli stumble today as well.
kurtsimonw
Llorente to juve in July on a free it seems. He's obviously great value for free, but I don't think he's that elite striker they need to make them a true top European team in my opinion.
Fillipo Simone
Yep, agreed. But that's good for us.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 3 2013, 08:44 PM) *
Llorente to juve in July on a free it seems. He's obviously great value for free, but I don't think he's that elite striker they need to make them a true top European team in my opinion.

Agreed. And I'm iffy about Spanish players coming to Serie A. The past has thought us that this rarely works out well. Llorente is a decent player, but Juve would do better getting Drogba imo. He's still a great player
Danny
Had no idea where to put this, and indeed there was no thread for this in the match forum, so this seems the most prudent place:

We played a friendly today, or rather, we tried. I believe it was away to some tiny team called Prescota or something, but the match will be remembered for the wrong and right reasons.

Apparently a section of the home support took to booing and racially abusing Boateng - who had enough after a while, belted the ball towards them and applauded the decent fans before walking off in protest.

As did the rest of the team.
Fillipo Simone
Pro Patria was the teams name, and yes, we've discussed this on another thread.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 4 2013, 12:07 AM) *
Pro Patria was the teams name, and yes, we've discussed this on another thread.

Could maybe link me to it?!
Fillipo Simone
No problem: link
X-Offender
Make sure to check all new posts next time you sign in, Danny. wink.gif
kurtsimonw
Rocchi to Inter. Err, ok.
X-Offender
laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
What's so funny? He's a solid rotational player. A filler.
X-Offender
For a Serie B team, yeah.
Fillipo Simone
I think you're being unfair here. Your criteria means the new Serie A is full of "Serie B quality" players - but that's just Inter's reality, just like it is ours as well.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 4 2013, 03:59 PM) *
Make sure to check all new posts next time you sign in, Danny. wink.gif

I've never used that feature.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 4 2013, 12:16 PM) *
No problem: link

Danke.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 4 2013, 08:17 PM) *
I think you're being unfair here. Your criteria means the new Serie A is full of "Serie B quality" players - but that's just Inter's reality, just like it is ours as well.

Or maybe I've just never rated Rocchi.
kurtsimonw
I think Rocchi used to be very good. But he's 35 years old now! Imagine the reaction on here if we'd signed him!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 5 2013, 12:29 AM) *
I think Rocchi used to be very good. But he's 35 years old now! Imagine the reaction on here if we'd signed him!

Good god, I thought he was max. 33, but yes, 35 justifies X-O's reaction!
han2503
I personally just don't understand why Inter signed him. I think he's a decent player. But don't Inter have enough of those?

Can't see where he'll fit in with Milito, Palacio, Cassano, etc
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 5 2013, 02:30 AM) *
I personally just don't understand why Inter signed him. I think he's a decent player. But don't Inter have enough of those?

Can't see where he'll fit in with Milito, Palacio, Cassano, etc

He's supposed to be Milito's back-up.
Fillipo Simone
Yep, like a finisher. It really is pointless, but whatever. Maybe there is something beyond that deal. Lazio and Inter have good relations and use to switch players regularly (just mind Favalli, Mihajlovic, Vieri, or more recently Zarate). Maybe Rocchi is a "gift" for something in the future.
X-Offender
So, Inter lost 3-0 earlier today to Udinese. Would I be wrong if I said they're as mediocre as we are this season?
X-Offender
Juve and Fiorentina lose at home against Samp and Pescara, respectively. Who would have thought.
han2503
Atm it doesn't really matter to us what Juve and Inter do. Our concerns are mostly Roma and Napoli. We'll see what they do tonight. But if we get a consistant run of games before the hard fixtures roll in we can get into third by the end of February imo
Jack Bauer
I wouldn't put Juve and Inter in the same bucket as Inter are very unstable and not as good. We are only 5 points away from them and it wouldn't suprise me if they finish outside of top3. Also, hope Lazio will have their bad time soon, we don't need them to overachieve this season.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 6 2013, 07:35 PM) *
I wouldn't put Juve and Inter in the same bucket as Inter are very unstable and not as good. We are only 5 points away from them nad it wouldn't suprise me if they finish outside of top3. Also, hope Lazio will have their bad time soon, we don't need them to overachieve this season.

Agreed. Inter are on the same level as us, Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina and Lazio. It'll be a hard race for those two CL spots indeed.
Fillipo Simone
Great week for us anyway. The results went completely to our favor.
Zed.D
Except Lazio winning. a draw between Roma and Napoli would be perfect.
kurtsimonw
2-0 Napoli.

Cavani's goals will be enough for top 3 I think.
Jack Bauer
3-1, 76 min. Plus Roma with a man down. Game over.
Jack Bauer
4-1. What a r@pe.
X-Offender
Cavani surpassed El Sha as top goalscorer with 16 goals.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 7 2013, 12:35 AM) *
4-1. What a r@pe.

And to think that we got trashed by the very same team a few weeks ago.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 7 2013, 12:39 AM) *
Cavani surpassed El Sha as top goalscorer with 16 goals.

dry.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 6 2013, 11:47 PM) *
And to think that we got trashed by the very same team a few weeks ago.

To think we were able to come from 2 behind in Naples!
han2503
To think...

The fact is that all of the teams bar Juve are horribly inconsistant this season. It's just pointless to try to rationalise it.

I think we have a fairly light schedule coming up ahead uf us. This is the moment where we need to capitalise on the constant stumbling from the other teams if we want that 3rd spot

@ Jack. I wasn't lumping Juve and Inter together tbh. I was just saying that at this point what they do is not so important for us. We need to keep our eye on the prize, and right now that's Roma and Napoli
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 7 2013, 01:10 AM) *
@ Jack. I wasn't lumping Juve and Inter together tbh. I was just saying that at this point what they do is not so important for us. We need to keep our eye on the prize, and right now that's Roma and Napoli

Of course we need to keep an eye on Inter, they're our direct competition.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 7 2013, 02:10 AM) *

Just like X-Off said, Inter are part of that prize along with Lazio and two teams you mentioned. Outside of Juve, it's anyone's game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.