Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 2012-13
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Zed.D
Cassano was sensationally dropped after he had a blazing row with Coach Andrea Stramaccioni in the Inter locker room on Friday.

God, I'm so happy about this biggrin.gif I wish him a miserable time at Inter or any other club for that matter.

Forza Catania!
KillerMax
2-0 Catania so far! Go Catania!
KillerMax
Almost made it 3-0! Poor finishing from Catania.
KillerMax
2-1 Alvarez dry.gif
KillerMax
2-2 Shameful defending from Catania.
KillerMax
2-3 Inter snatch the winner. Palacio with an assist and two goals. Catania were just BAD in the second half.
X-Offender
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Mar 3 2013, 06:09 PM) *
Almost made it 3-0! Poor finishing from Catania.

That would have sealed the match.
Zed.D
Oh God. from 2-0 to 2-3. shame on Catania. dry.gif we need to watch out for Inter. they're refusing to let go of 3rd place easily.
Jack Bauer
X-Offender

laugh.gif

EDIT: Looks like Trini already posted it in the Comedy Thread.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 3 2013, 01:06 PM) *

laugh.gif

EDIT: Looks like Trini already posted it in the Comedy Thread.

No biggy, whoever didn't see it there can see it here.

I got a good laugh with those pictures.

I have truly made almost a complete 180 in my opinion on Cassno.

I always used to try backing him and supporting him, as he's such a talented lad, it's such a shame in the manner which he left us. Although it should be noted, that I do not believe he ever caused any problems while in our dressing room.

All that being said, he is truly a D!<K!
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 3 2013, 07:58 PM) *
Oh God. from 2-0 to 2-3. shame on Catania. dry.gif we need to watch out for Inter. they're refusing to let go of 3rd place easily.

+ they have a head to head advantage if we finish with the same amount of points.
F@ck Catania, ruined my day dry.gif
acid911
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Mar 3 2013, 11:11 PM) *
No biggy, whoever didn't see it there can see it here.

But what of, the souls, who have seen it in both places? ohmy.gif
X-Offender
You know, I'm really glad we didn't sign Balzaretti this summer. He's turned out rather mediocre for Roma, not to mention he's 31. On the other hand, we have a really good Constant and a very promising De Sciglio in top form at the moment. And besides, it was Balzarettu who didn't want to come here because, in his own words, "Milan play the Champions League and there's too much pressure there". Who would want a player with that mentality?!
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 4 2013, 01:38 AM) *
You know, I'm really glad we didn't sign Balzaretti this summer. He's turned out rather mediocre for Roma, not to mention he's 31. On the other hand, we have a really good Constant and a very promising De Sciglio in top form at the moment. And besides, it was Balzarettu who didn't want to come here because, in his own words, "Milan play the Champions League and there's too much pressure there". Who would want a player with that mentality?!

True. Had we signed this ball-less creature, Constant, most probably, would be still playing in midfield.
dst
Seriously, he really said that? Idiot.
Fillipo Simone
Yep, he did.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 4 2013, 01:37 AM) *
Seriously, he really said that? Idiot.

Nah, I like his honesty.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 4 2013, 01:50 AM) *
Nah, I like his honesty.

Yeah, I guess he's an honest idiot. I don't mind that he said it I'm just really surprised there are players who think that way.
Zed.D
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 4 2013, 03:08 AM) *

What I'd been saying all along about his mediocrity... I was surprised after the Euros most folks wanted him at Milan.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 4 2013, 11:11 AM) *
What I'd been saying all along about his mediocrity... I was surprised after the Euros most folks wanted him at Milan.

Well, he had a really good Euros, and we lacked a LB, so it's only natural that we wanted him. Who would have thought that both Constant and De Sciglio would have turned out into quality fullbacks.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 4 2013, 07:42 PM) *
Who would have thought that both Constant and De Sciglio would have turned out into quality fullbacks.

Bluesummers? huh.gif wink.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 4 2013, 06:04 PM) *
Bluesummers? huh.gif wink.gif

He did?
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 4 2013, 09:50 PM) *
He did?

I wouldn't be surprised. happy.gif Considering how much he follows young players and keeps tabs on their progress.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 4 2013, 07:13 PM) *
I wouldn't be surprised. happy.gif Considering how much he follows young players and keeps tabs on their progress.

Ah, well, OK.
han2503
I'd hardly call Constant a youngster biggrin.gif

I think we all saw that DS had potential it's just that none of us could have predicted that he'd be so much better on the left, so no, I don't think anyone really saw that LB situation being corrected this season. Even more so by Constant.

I think all of us thought we'd be stuck with the prowess of Antonini and Mesbah this season
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 4 2013, 07:39 PM) *
I think all of us thought we'd be stuck with the prowess of Antonini and Mesbah this season

Yep, absolutely.
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 4 2013, 04:39 PM) *

I think we all saw that DS had potential it's just that none of us could have predicted that he'd be so much better on the left, so no, I don't think anyone really saw that LB situation being corrected this season. Even more so by Constant.

So is DS good or not? i thought you didn't like him.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 4 2013, 06:51 PM) *

Don't you know, he played well last game, he's the best left back in the World now. #ModernFootball.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 4 2013, 05:51 PM) *

I never said I didn't like him!

I said that he seems to be far away from being ready to be a starter this season when he was given opportunities to start at RB, it's because he simply looked very green on that side to me. I always said that I thought he had great potential and wanted him to be a part of our future project without any doubt.

But, if you've seen DS at LB against Inter and Lazio you'd know what I'm talking about. He's a completely different player to the hesitent and meak kid on the right who's mostly concerned with not doing anything wrong rather then putting in a good performance. He's confident in attack, very strong in defence, can cross a mean ball with his left foot as well.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 4 2013, 06:14 PM) *
Don't you know, he played well last game, he's the best left back in the World now. #ModernFootball.

biggrin.gif

He played extremely well against Inter as well. I was never against him, just not in favour of him being played ahead of Abate, especially when he'd never really shown anything that could suggest that he is good enough to take his place yet.

But the difference between him playing on the right to him playing on the left is huge. Completely different player on that side, which I pointed out multiple times on both match threads, as I was seriously astonished by his performances in both games when he'd been very underwhelming in previous games on the right
dst
He did look shaky in defense though when playing on the left. Anyway, I like him. Is he left footed originally or is he trying to be God?
kurtsimonw
I didn't mind him on the right, but he really does seem far more effective on the left.

@dst, pretty sure he's right footed.
Jack Bauer
He's right footed but can use his left foot well too.
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 4 2013, 10:09 PM) *

The first time DS really impressed me was last season against Inter and he played on the left so it was not that unexpected.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Mar 5 2013, 12:18 AM) *
He's right footed but can use his left foot well too.

wub.gif
X-Offender
De Sciglio: "Transformation from right to left like Maldini? Playing on both left or right is the same for me, but I have more option to attack when I play on the left side."
Fillipo Simone
That's good. Santon will do nice on the right then tongue.gif
X-Offender
De Sciglio is our Santon.
Jack Sparrow
I think he does better on the left like he says, because our right side is our weak side. On the left, we have SES doing a lot of tracking back and covering, while the mid has either Noce or Muntari in so there's added protection. Our right means, he has to be a little more alert coz neither Boateng or Bojan are particularly disciplined in defending.

I think that's why when played on the right we are impressed with this defensive stability while on the left we see him attack more. It's not a lack of capability, it is just what gets showcased while he is on that particular flank.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 6 2013, 06:12 AM) *
I think he does better on the left like he says, because our right side is our weak side. On the left, we have SES doing a lot of tracking back and covering, while the mid has either Noce or Muntari in so there's added protection. Our right means, he has to be a little more alert coz neither Boateng or Bojan are particularly disciplined in defending.

I think that's why when played on the right we are impressed with this defensive stability while on the left we see him attack more. It's not a lack of capability, it is just what gets showcased while he is on that particular flank.

I don't think that's the case because we see Abate do both effortlessly on the right, I think it's the very simple explenation of him being more comfortable on the left.

@ Fillipo, why would we want another LB when we already have 2 good ones now? Santon is a LB these days, buying him for well over 10m and then playing him in a position where he's weaker when we already have a quality RB is ridiculous.

I think this is the first time in years where we can actually say that our FB areas are covered with quality options. 2 of them being players who came through our own system, which is great. Spending money in these areas would just be madness. We have other areas that do actually require attention and money to be spent so they can be strengthened
kurtsimonw
So I heard on a podcast earlier today that in the year 2013, after Ronaldo and Messi, the highest scorer in European football is Mauro Icardi. I've only seen highlights shows of him aside from the Juve game, but he does look like a good prospect.

Another player I seem to hear a lot of in Serie A is Marco Sau, was quite surprised to find he's 25, I just assumed he'd be younger than that. Looks a handy little player.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 6 2013, 12:12 PM) *
@ Fillipo, why would we want another LB when we already have 2 good ones now? Santon is a LB these days, buying him for well over 10m and then playing him in a position where he's weaker when we already have a quality RB is ridiculous.

I think this is the first time in years where we can actually say that our FB areas are covered with quality options. 2 of them being players who came through our own system, which is great. Spending money in these areas would just be madness. We have other areas that do actually require attention and money to be spent so they can be strengthened

100% agreed.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 6 2013, 12:12 PM) *
I don't think that's the case because we see Abate do both effortlessly on the right, I think it's the very simple explenation of him being more comfortable on the left.

Naah, I agree. Only Santon is my soft spot. I really like him very much and I think he's the next big Italian thing. No matter how "good" Abate or MDS are.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 6 2013, 07:18 PM) *
Naah, I agree. Only Santon is my soft spot. I really like him very much and I think he's the next big Italian thing. No matter how "good" Abate or MDS are.

Meh, we have our own very good Italian players who came through our own system.

You just want to get a former Inter player who can ctually be good biggrin.gif

We hav Balo for that anyways smile.gif
X-Offender
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 6 2013, 10:46 PM) *
Meh, we have our own very good Italian players who came through our own system.

You just want to get a former Inter player who can ctually be good biggrin.gif

We hav Balo for that anyways smile.gif

You're partly right. But like Baresi and Pirlo, I really like the though of us rubbing them into their faces their mistakes.

Balo is different. Unlike Baresi, Pirlo or Santon, it's not a case of lack for vision or planning. They knew they had a talent in Balo, just couldn't resist selling him to City as he was a troublemaker and they had other good options.
KillerMax
Baresi? huh.gif When was he an inter player?
milanbuf88
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Mar 7 2013, 06:38 AM) *

I think he was turned down for their youth academy as a kid.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Mar 7 2013, 11:38 AM) *

You were rejected by Inter as a teenager, while your brother was taken on. How did this make you feel. Did it make you even more determined to succeed?

No, what happened was that my brother was already with Inter; he's older than me. I wanted to follow him so I had a trial first with Inter, and they said, "Well, come back next year." But my coach took me to Milan, and there I was accepted, although it took a couple of trials. They were worried about my size, that I wouldn't grow much, or toughen up. I was only 14 at the time.
KillerMax
I was guessing it had something to do with that. But Pirlo and Seedorf were a different story to this. For one thing everyone SAW them play for inter and fail. And then come to Milan and play like a boss.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.