Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IT] Serie A 2012-13
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Fillipo Simone
I did, too. But only because our record stayed untarnished.
kurtsimonw
They're different kind of rivals.

It's like Man U and Arsenal/Liverpool and City. One is a more historic, the other City. I personally consider Juve the bigger rivalry because more often than not it's meant something. Inter is just for bragging rights and not living in Milan I don't care as much.
Fillipo Simone
Historic rival?

I don't know, Inter is the historic rival if you ask me. We have a direct history involved with them; take for example the whole Inter origin story. Or think about the Giuseppe Meazza/San Siro thing.

Think about the players who've changed sides. Hardly anyone is moved when Milan players switch to Juve or otherwise. Look at Inzaghi or Pirlo. Yet, Ibrahimović and Ronaldo for example rattled far more fans.

kurtsimonw
I thought Pirlo's move had a big deal made of it.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 5 2012, 12:50 AM) *
I thought Pirlo's move had a big deal made of it.

In which way? It made a big deal when Pirlo started to play rough and blabber things about Milan.
X-Offender
Agreed with Fillipo. Inter will always be the hated rivals for me. However, right now, the team I can't stand the most are those juventini thieves.
Jack Sparrow
The thing with Juventus is that we consider them 'worthy' rivals. I don't know to break this to you, but the truth is the Rossoneri are some of the most nose-in-the-air fans of Italy. Could come from the Milanese city itself. Inter fans are always a little nicer, yet bitter about being in our shadow.

Juve fans are the only ones who come close to us.

So we will always consider Juve the only club who is our equal and therefore worth beating on the field, while Inter are our 'poor' cousins from the estranged family. We must put one over them.

Now the current scenario might seem a bit odd but that's only because of some of the bad blood and trashtalking. I doubt the equation will change in the large scheme of things. But one can never say.

Please don't think this as a renewal of the Juve-Milan rivalry. For all practical purposes this isn't our daddy's Juve. They have changed, and are almost a new club post calciopoli. I would say what we're seeing here is the start of something new in Serie A. A bit like Man Utd vs Chelsea. A decade and half ago they weren't the hated rivals they are now.
Zed.D
http://youtu.be/sIUryuWY2M8

Yeah, almost a new club post calciopoli!
Jack Sparrow
Ha! I mean from a management/philosophy perspective.

I actually think it was Tagliavento (agreeing with Galliani). The old Juve and Milan management were pretty close. Some say this was to the detriment of Serie A, as Milan sewed up the commercial income while Juve sewed up the operations of the league.

The new management I think have very little in common with the old, and also do not share the same relationships.
kurtsimonw
Pescera. rolleyes.gif
acid911
Ha, this proves my suspicion, these Juventus guys are FIFA players. wink.gif PES 1 - JUV 5.
Fillipo Simone
angry.gif

Surely, this Serie B team couldn't have fallen into Juve's arms in a better moment. After the CL tie and this match, all the Inter shock will be gone.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 10 2012, 10:58 PM) *
angry.gif

Surely, this Serie B team couldn't have fallen into Juve's arms in a better moment. After the CL tie and this match, all the Inter shock will be gone.

Agreed.
han2503
Pescara's defending was just Sunday league level.

Still if it had been us we would have made a meal out of just getting one goal. You have to admire how Juve move as a unit. That's the one thing I really envy from them. They're such a cohesive unit.

@ Filippo, it doesn't really matter, these last 2 games were probably the easiest they'll play all season (until Pescara visit Turin that is). Did you really expect Juve to curl into the fetal position and self-distruct after the Inter game?

In fact I think this is good, as it lulls them back into a false sense of security, where had there been tougher games against harder opposition which they fought for and won it would have been a bigger marale booster
kurtsimonw
It's nice to get it out of their system though. Had they play Chelsea/Shakhtar after Inter, then followed it up with a Napoli/Roma/Lazio/no walkover game, they could've started to slip and lose confidence.

2 wins, 10 goals, later that aint gonna happen.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 11 2012, 01:00 AM) *
@ Filippo, it doesn't really matter, these last 2 games were probably the easiest they'll play all season (until Pescara visit Turin that is). Did you really expect Juve to curl into the fetal position and self-distruct after the Inter game?

In fact I think this is good, as it lulls them back into a false sense of security, where had there been tougher games against harder opposition which they fought for and won it would have been a bigger marale booster

No, I did not expect such a thing to happen - but a loss of confidence and momentum.

False security? I don't know.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 11 2012, 01:20 AM) *
It's nice to get it out of their system though. Had they play Chelsea/Shakhtar after Inter, then followed it up with a Napoli/Roma/Lazio/no walkover game, they could've started to slip and lose confidence.

2 wins, 10 goals, later that aint gonna happen.

Indeed.
samira
Why did they put the Rome Derby in the afternoon and not as an main event? dry.gif
kurtsimonw
This game isn't going to last if the rain keeps up.
samira
If the lights keep going out at Stadio Olimpico, should just let the fireworks light up the place ... but someone should just stop this game, you can barley pass the ball on Lazios left side.
At least Totti is looking briilliant as usuall.

kurtsimonw
Candreva scored a 30 yard free kick with poor goalkeeping. Klose has just put Lazio 2-1 up.

Roma are the masters at not being able to defend a lead.
samira
I saw it coming and now De Rossi got himself an unnecessary red card dry.gif

edit: hahah not a proper Rome derby without any drawls.. Great goal from Pjanic!!!

What a ball from Michael Bradley and Osvaldo nearly with a dramatic last second goal
Fillipo Simone
Good match the Roman derby, sorry I wasted my time with Milan. Why didn't they play in an evening venue?

Oh and yes...this has been bothering me for weeks. Why is this Alessi guy now Juve's "coach"? Why did they part with Carrera?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 11 2012, 07:19 PM) *
Oh and yes...this has been bothering me for weeks. Why is this Alessi guy now Juve's "coach"? Why did they part with Carrera?

Aye, that's been puzzling me as well.
KillerMax
Carrera is Juventus' First Team Coach and Alessio is the team's Assistant Coach but as he was also banned from football(well not completely, just like Conte) after the hearings, albeit with a much shorter sentence, Carrera was given the responsibility to handle the press and so on. After Alessio's suspension ran out, he came back to cover for Conte because of his superior hierarchical position.
X-Offender
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 11 2012, 08:36 PM) *
Carrera is Juventus' First Team Coach

First team coach? huh.gif
Fillipo Simone
Oh, thanks for clearing that up... smile.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 11 2012, 12:58 PM) *
First team coach? huh.gif

http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/campo/gioc.../prima/tecnico/

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 11 2012, 01:01 PM) *
Oh, thanks for clearing that up... smile.gif

No problem.
X-Offender
I thought first-team coach meant the primary coach, i.e. Conte.

Anyway, yeah, thanks for clearing that up.
Jack Bauer
And a week after the big win, Inter lost to Atalanta.
Fillipo Simone
Juventus are born under a lucky star. There it goes, third star coming.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 12 2012, 04:07 AM) *
Juventus are born under a lucky star. There it goes, third star coming.

Certainly not in CL!!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Nov 12 2012, 01:59 AM) *
Certainly not in CL!!

No, not in CL, but in Italy. Cumulatively speaking, they've been better in Serie A then we in the CL.
Zed.D
So many Scudetti but huge underachievers in CL. I like our more balanced output better.
Jack Sparrow
What balanced!! dry.gif If we don't get our shite together, we shall soon be the Liverpool FC of Serie A. Bloody hell!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 12 2012, 01:27 PM) *
What balanced!! dry.gif If we don't get our shite together, we shall soon be the Liverpool FC of Serie A. Bloody hell!

This is all too complex. Serie A is rather competitive, with only 3 CL seats available, it seems more than likely.
Zed.D
Juve's time is slowly running out. it's time the ref came to the rescue rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
Not this time...
Jack Bauer
Inter lost points for the second week in a row and couldn't benefit from Juve's draw. As I said, no one can really challenge them in a long run this season.
Fillipo Simone
Yep, while Napoli failed as well. Good god, Nesta, Silva and a good coach (I'm gonna gamble and say even without Ibra) and Milan could have been right there, chasing Juve.
Rossoneri7
'Sneijder won't play until pay cut'

Inter director Marco Branca has confirmed Wesley Sneijder “will not play until we have made the necessary modifications to his contract” – a pay cut or January sale.

Sneijder has insisted for several weeks that he is getting back to full fitness and ready to play, but has been left out by Coach Andrea Stramaccioni and was banned by the club from using Twitter.

Amid reports of a bid from Russian side Anzhi, today technical director Branca announced the real reason behind his absence.

“We is part of our history and we care for him, but we are discussing a necessary contract modification with him,” Branca told Sky Sport Italia.

“We will give him and his entourage the time to evaluate our proposal, so the decision not to use the player can be traced back to this wait for a more relaxed and clear situation.

“The club and Coach are in agreement that until the player is in a clear state of mind, he will not play.”

Sneijder is Inter’s top earner on €6m per season and the club is eager to slice down its wage bill even further after off-loading Julio Cesar, Lucio and Douglas Maicon.

It is thought unlikely that the Dutchman will accept a pay cut when he is being offered considerably higher wages at Manchester City, Manchester United and Anzhi, so a January move looks inevitable.

Now I wonder why merda would do that to arguably one of their better players? Must, be Galliani's fault eh
William405
He had a bad season plagued with injury(and still is) etc...Ibra had one of the best seasons in terms of scoring and assists.I can't see the similarity to be honest.
Jack Sparrow
To me that's just cheap. Kurt talks of players respecting the contract and he's right. But this is the flip side. Basically inter are keeping him out of the team just to force him to reduce wages. I hope we buy him.

No matter how 'useless' our players were I love that our club would never act this way.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 25 2012, 01:06 PM) *
To me that's just cheap. Kurt talks of players respecting the contract and he's right. But this is the flip side. Basically inter are keeping him out of the team just to force him to reduce wages. I hope we buy him.

No matter how 'useless' our players were I love that our club would never act this way.

Agreed.
CHU-LIP
What are our chances to sign Sneijder this Winter?
Fillipo Simone
Little if you ask me. I'd say United will be the prime club knocking on Inter's door.
Zed.D
It'd be priceless if we got him. more chance of Milan signing me than him, I know. but one can dream.
X-Offender
I would never sign him. He's injured most of the time.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 25 2012, 12:06 PM) *

UEFA need to do something about this.

It's a complete joke that players can dictate what they want to do at a club. If they want more money or want to leave, they can basically force it. Play like crap or hardly ever play and the club can do nothing about it (though they do get insurance on injuries, I believe).
Kazdoodle
I wouldn't mind sneijder at Ac Milan, But i think as Zed'd mentioned it's not likely, I think clubs like Anzhi PSG Manchester City Manchester United Real Madrid or Barcelona would be more likely destinations seeing as they Are more so football or Financial powerhouses, I remember a summer or two ago sneijder wanted a LOT just to move to manchester united.

Who knows If he does come do consider two players from milan's past they got off Inter in Seedorf and Pirlo, might do that effect might not.

Honestly I would more so think PSG or Anzhi will be his more likely destinations, More leaning towards PSG. Thus this would probably butt out Pastore to move somewhere else XD.

And is it me or the famous champions league winning inter team is really starting to split apart if you see

Julio cesar, Lucio, Santon,Balotelli,Thiago motta,Eto'o,Maicon,Muntari,Quaresma,Toldo,Pandev etc All gone from that squad so different now o-o
kurtsimonw
Nearly won £27 on a £3 bet today. All I needed was Fiorentina to win and they ***** up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.