Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything Milan...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
TriniKing_CE
I've long been meaning to open a thread similar to this one, where random (yet related Milan) info can be posted in one place without being lost between threads.

I came across this pic, and realized I didn't know where to post this given our previous options.

And so... became the birth of this thread.

By all means if we have a similarly yet forgotten thread of the same nature, please direct me towards it, and close this one off. If not - You're welcome! smile.gif

Players with highest goal ratio during the Berlusconi era:

X-Offender
They've misspelled Sheva's name. angry.gif
TriniKing_CE
If only I was able to understand Italian sad.gif, this clip could have been so much more for me.

Despite that, it's still good:

AC Milan - Final Effort - HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pUIbZIX8uY&hd=1

devilsmiley.gif devil.gif devilsmiley.gif

X-Offender
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 14 2012, 03:19 AM) *
If only I was able to understand Italian sad.gif, this clip could have been so much more for me.

Despite that, it's still good:

AC Milan - Final Effort - HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pUIbZIX8uY&hd=1

devilsmiley.gif devil.gif devilsmiley.gif

You don't need to know Italian, Trini. wink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_iKg7nutNY&feature=fvst

It's the same audio, in English. smile.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 13 2012, 09:26 PM) *
You don't need to know Italian, Trini. wink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_iKg7nutNY&feature=fvst

It's the same audio, in English. smile.gif

Awesome.

Thanks! smile.gif

I knew it ran a bell; but to think I have never sat down yet to watch Any Given Sunday in entirety yet. (...just sad)

Especially while being a Pacino fan, and hearing countless other people talk bout 'the speech'.

Then again, I was never really one to place something in higher regard just because of the mass' opinion. dunnosmiley.gif

Either way, I think this is one I really should have seen by now.
Jack Bauer
You should, a very good movie.
X-Offender
Looking at the rosters of the four CL semi-finalists, we notice that Barça have a roster of 22 players, Real of 23 players, Bayern of 24 and Chelsea of 25. We have a roster of 33 players, with an average wage of €2 million per player. If we reduced our roster to 25 players, we'd be saving about €30 million per season. The key element here is to change/improve the training methods, in order to have as few injuries as possible, which would make it unnecessary to have such a large roster.

Link
X-Offender
Top 10 most valuable football clubs in the world:

1. Manchester United - $2.235bn (£1.396bn)
2. Real Madrid - $1.877bn (£1.17bn)
3. Barcelona - $1.307bn (£816m)
4. Arsenal - $1.292bn (£807m)
5. Bayern Munich - $1.235bn (£770m)
6. AC Milan - $989m (£615m)
7. Chelsea - $761m (£473m)
8. Liverpool - $619m (£385m)
9. Juventus - $591m (£367m)
10. Schalke 04 - $587m (£365m)
acid911
Both very valid points, we're valuable for a reason, and frankly, I'd love a trim down in the squad. sleep.gif But of course, the powers that be can do whatever they want. I mean B&G recently said that they invested around 1 billion Euros into Milan. No one had the guts to ask them that not all of it was their (or Berlusconi's) money.

You invest money to earn it, and then invest it back again. Sure football clubs can be a risky business, but still.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 19 2012, 10:13 PM) *
Top 10 most valuable football clubs in the world:

1. Manchester United - $2.235bn (£1.396bn)
2. Real Madrid - $1.877bn (£1.17bn)
3. Barcelona - $1.307bn (£816m)
4. Arsenal - $1.292bn (£807m)
5. Bayern Munich - $1.235bn (£770m)
6. AC Milan - $989m (£615m)
7. Chelsea - $761m (£473m)
8. Liverpool - $619m (£385m)
9. Juventus - $591m (£367m)
10. Schalke 04 - $587m (£365m)

You forgot Villa.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 19 2012, 10:03 PM) *
Looking at the rosters of the four CL semi-finalists, we notice that Barça have a roster of 22 players, Real of 23 players, Bayern of 24 and Chelsea of 25. We have a roster of 33 players, with an average wage of €2 million per player. If we reduced our roster to 25 players, we'd be saving about €30 million per season. The key element here is to change/improve the training methods, in order to have as few injuries as possible, which would make it unnecessary to have such a large roster.

Link

Just read on FI that all of Nesta, Ambro and Rino are most likely to get n extension. Aside from Nesta it's a completely idiot move. This is the reason why we'll never move forward at this rate, and why we'll require a huge roster, simply because these guys cannot even be considered back ups anymore. Just ridiculous. I mean what's the point of renewing with these 2? Especially Rino, he can't even be considered a player anymore, yet we're about to hand him a 2.5m a year deal.
kurtsimonw
I like Ambro and think he has performed very well a few times this season, but it's really time to move on.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 20 2012, 02:26 PM) *
I like Ambro and think he has performed very well a few times this season, but it's really time to move on.

I agree that he has stepped up this season. But still those moments are very few and far between. Playing good in a maximum of 4 games in an entire season does not mean he should be given an extension.

VB and Nesta should be the only ones to stay the others just have to be let go. No more stalling. We're most likeely going to give up the Scudetto to Juve this season, simply because we're still relying on these guys as back up
Jack Sparrow
The problem here is everyone assumes, letting go of the older players means someone is automatically gonna come in who is as good as these veterans on their best day.

I used to believe it, now I don't. So I'm pretty non-commital on these extensions.
William405
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 20 2012, 06:35 PM) *
The problem here is everyone assumes, letting go of the older players means someone is automatically gonna come in who is as good as these veterans on their best day.

I used to believe it, now I don't. So I'm pretty non-commital on these extensions.

Do you mean on big games?Such as the CL vs Barca.Well,you are kind of correct,but I really doubt they can do it anymore.Seriously,most of them require a great deal of physical strength that they just can't handle anymore,in addition there wages are not so small.Like others,I would only keep Nesta and Van Bommel.Maybe Ambro,just maybe,but Gattuso and Seedorf can't cut it anymore.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 20 2012, 05:35 PM) *

I don't think it's necessary to replace them with players who are as good these guys were on their best day. They're not starting material anymore. Strasser for Ambrosini and Merkel for Seedorf, I'd take that in a heartbeat. And we already have our Gattuso replacements in Nocerino and Muntari. What we desperately need are a quality LB, a DM if van Bommel leaves, an AM, and Tevez. Those, along with the free-agent signings Galliani makes every year, like Montolivo, and we should be fine.
X-Offender
Milan players trying to speak Chinese. Very funny. biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUl1SqfopSo...player_embedded
TriniKing_CE
laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
At least no "Asian face" jokes.
Zed.D
Awesome. Van Bommel speaks very impressive Chinese!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 5 2012, 01:56 AM) *
At least no "Asian face" jokes.

laugh.gif Yes at least that...

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 5 2012, 03:26 AM) *
Awesome. Van Bommel speaks very impressive Chinese!

Yup he made it look effortless compared to the rest.
TriniKing_CE

Milan taking it to the field.

TriniKing_CE
TriniKing_CE
Honor the legends at the San Siro - Nesta, Gatusso, Sedorf, Pippo, Zambrotta and Bommel:
(15 minutes of the game's aftermath & farewell celebrations.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkLTj7mWoxE

Maestr021Channel - GoodBye AC Milan Legends

(Part 1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfccxyBCVPk&hd=1

(Part 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svyhF4hDGOE&hd=1
Fillipo Simone
Just figured out some stats:

- don't know when was the last time a Milan player scored 28 goals in one league season
- don't know when we last played more then 30 players in one season
- or when was the last time we had 18 different players score
X-Offender
Wow, I just checked, we have only like three over-30 players at the moment (Abbiati, Yepes, Ambrosini), assuming Seedorf will leave, and that Ibra and Bonera are still 30, so I'm not considering them. When was the last time we had this few? biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
So now if we don't win those darned sky commentators won't say it's coz we are old.
Fillipo Simone
No, all shifts to Allegri now. I'm just waiting.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 16 2012, 07:47 PM) *
So now if we don't win those darned sky commentators won't say it's coz we are old.

Haha, exactly. Unless we bring a bunch of (talentless) overaged players this summer instead, like Natali, Rigoni etc. unsure.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 16 2012, 08:48 PM) *
No, all shifts to Allegri now. I'm just waiting.

I believe we have good elements in the locker room, Thiago Silva has really impressed on the field with his level headed mentality. We also know Ibra has a winning mentality which is positive influence. Abiati and Ambrosini are rich in experience. We are fine I guess, just sad to actually think about Milan without Gattuso, Seedorf, Nesta and Inzaghi ... Maldini's retirement is so much more hurtful now ... The final blow would be Galliani sad.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 16 2012, 05:11 PM) *
The final blow would be Galliani sad.gif

The horror... ohmy.gif
Jack Sparrow
He is 67 and has a very young wife. smile.gif He'll go another 8 years at least.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 17 2012, 09:51 AM) *
He is 67 and has a very young wife. smile.gif He'll go another 8 years at least.

Somehow I thought he was 73 or something.
X-Offender
San Siro's restyling to be completed in 2015.

Link

Damn, I was hoping for 2013 or sooner. sad.gif
Jack Sparrow
Do we have any schematic diagrams or anything? Just to know what to expect?
TriniKing_CE
I don't have rights to create new topics in the past players thread.

I was about to do one for Dejan Savićević.

Just came across this clip and I realized we never had a thread for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature&v=urNMQktz96I
TriniKing_CE
Seire A through the years - A brief history (1987 to present 2012):

http://www.freewebs.com/footballontap/italianfootball.htm
Fillipo Simone
Don't exactly get why language and length play a role? Can we somehow download those matches or what?
X-Offender
In four weeks San Siro's pitch will undergo some works in order to increase its quality. The new technology that will be used, which involves inserting into the pitch synthetic fibers of grass imune to ripping, is already in use at Wembley, Donetsk, and various stadiums for Brazil 2014.

Link

Hopefully next time Barça won't have to nag about the pitch conditions. sleep.gif
kurtsimonw
Barca will always find something to complain about if they don't win.
X-Offender

Oh god...
Zed.D
That's some of you guys in 40 years' time. tongue.gif
Jack Bauer
http://youtu.be/MdcaiIl3nb0
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jul 19 2012, 11:10 PM) *

And that's how Strasser got injured.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 20 2012, 03:49 AM) *
And that's how Strasser got injured.

Seriously?
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 20 2012, 04:28 AM) *
Seriously?

No man, I was kidding. biggrin.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 20 2012, 04:07 PM) *
No man, I was kidding. biggrin.gif

K, k. biggrin.gif

I have heard weirder stuff with Milan players getting injured, so nothing will surprise me anymore. dry.gif
X-Offender
We'll play Palermo in a friendly on 12 August at Renzo Barbera, 20:45.

Link
Fillipo Simone
Hmh, fishy. Maybe we'll really sign Balzaretti then.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 1 2012, 07:11 PM) *
Hmh, fishy. Maybe we'll really sign Balzaretti then.

http://www.football-italia.net/22532/balza...ng-roma-medical
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.