Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2021/2022 Season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
han2503
Pioli needs to make the changes now. We're going to concede
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 19 2021, 09:13 PM) *
Pioli needs to make the changes now. We're going to concede

What changes? We have no-one.
han2503
We keep running into cul-de-sacs

Wtf are we trying to do exactly?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 19 2021, 09:14 PM) *
What changes? We have no-one.

3 changes now

All good imo
han2503
Krunic needs to come off ASAP

Holding onto the ball too long
X-Offender
Zlatan, bruh, you're not 30 anymore.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 19 2021, 09:19 PM) *
Krunic needs to come off ASAP

Holding onto the ball too long

And who to come?
X-Offender
1-0

Deserved.
han2503
Was coming
X-Offender
Bakayoko for Tonali. Pioli to defend rightly this 1-0 loss.
William405
How is it not a foul in Bennacer though.
han2503
I feel like we're waving the white flag now

And as I said yesterday, this could be a blessing

Going out will allow us to focus on the league
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 19 2021, 09:30 PM) *
I feel like we're waving the white flag now

And as I said yesterday, this could be a blessing

Going out will allow us to focus on the league

Or it could have an adverse psychological effect.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 19 2021, 09:32 PM) *
Or it could have an adverse psychological effect.

I really don't think so

We've come back to the league and won after that demoralization fiasco against Atletico. We're built stronger than that imo, especially in Serie A where we know how to get the job done

They know they have a great chance at the league this season
William405
The decision making of Krunic is weird. Several situations where could have easily unlocked an attack.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Oct 19 2021, 09:36 PM) *
The decision making of Krunic is weird. Several situations where could have easily unlocked an attack.

He's just crap, bro.
han2503
We're not even trying at this point. Just sending long balls at nothing
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 19 2021, 09:39 PM) *
He's just crap, bro.

He was good against Verona. But that is his level basically
X-Offender
Liverpool winning 3-2 vs Atletico. This was a golden opportunity for us.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 19 2021, 09:42 PM) *
Liverpool winning 3-2 vs Atletico. This was a golden opportunity for us.

I think we just have to tip our hats here

We were just not good enough. The squad as it is is too thread bare. Porto rested half their team on the weekend according to what I read. Us on the other hand lost 2 hugely important players to Covid and even more to injuries

Once again, I stress. We need to just get out of this competition, take whatever money we got from it and focus on the league. Because with the injuries piling up as they are, this is going to hurt us in the league as well.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 19 2021, 09:46 PM) *
I think we just have to tip our hats here

We were just not good enough. The squad as it is is too thread bare. Porto rested half their team on the weekend according to what I read. Us on the other hand lost 2 hugely important players to Covid and even more to injuries

Once again, I stress. We need to just get out of this competition, take whatever money we got from it and focus on the league. Because with the injuries piling up as they are, this is going to hurt us in the league as well.

Sucks being out after only 3 games though. It's almost humiliating. 0 points.
han2503
We didn't even manage to free Leao once on that wing. Ballo-Toure is a nuisance to us rather than the opposition

This new management has been pretty impeccable with their scouting, I really want to know wtf they saw in this guy, because he's barely a footballer. Truely a Mesbah level player
X-Offender
Kalulu has been worse than Ballo-Toure.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 19 2021, 09:48 PM) *
Sucks being out after only 3 games though. It's almost humiliating. 0 points.

I agree, but it is what it is. The other 2 games were unlucky for us considering all that went down in the Atletico game. But this is how it's turned out unfortunately, and in this one we were badly handicapped with injuries.

And like Filippo said, we really don't have much chance of going deep into the competition anyway. I'd rather go out now and just focus on the league.

These next 3 games are going to be a right old drag for sure. But it is what it is. We start again next season, and that can only happen if we do well in the league
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 19 2021, 09:50 PM) *
Kalulu has been worse than Ballo-Toure.

Don't know why Pioli is using him on the left. Calabria has played on that side, Kalulu looks flat footed there
han2503
Look at how we took that corner... We barely even jumped...
han2503

Btw, this was our injury list vs theirs, and that Mbemba guy actually started. Baka is the only one who is wrong on our end

Not to mention they apparently played some 3rd division side on the weekend and rested 8 starters while we had to fight tooth and nail with half our team out on Saturday

I really can't even be critical today.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 19 2021, 09:52 PM) *
I agree, but it is what it is. The other 2 games were unlucky for us considering all that went down in the Atletico game. But this is how it's turned out unfortunately, and in this one we were badly handicapped with injuries.

And like Filippo said, we really don't have much chance of going deep into the competition anyway. I'd rather go out now and just focus on the league.

These next 3 games are going to be a right old drag for sure. But it is what it is. We start again next season, and that can only happen if we do well in the league

Yeah, it's clear as day we're just out of our depth in this competition. As long as Maldini will continue with his string of cheap signings we'll always be out of our depth.

But I do think we were very unlucky for 3 reasons: 1) worst group possible, 2) f*cked over by refs, 3) too many players unavailable.

I'm certain that with Brahim and Theo tonight we could have put up a real fight just like we did against Atletico. But with these players, man...

Ballo-Toure, Krunic, Saelemaekers, Kalulu, Maldini, Bakayoko. So, so unfeasible for such a competition.

I think after half time it became clear we were never going to win this and the players sort of gave up. Leao in primis. Didn't touch a single ball in the second half.

Too bad, really. With this shitty Atletico side we could have really said our word in this group.
Fillipo Simone
Coulda woulda shoulda
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 19 2021, 10:01 PM) *
Yeah, it's clear as day we're just out of our depth in this competition. As long as Maldini will continue with his string of cheap signings we'll always be out of our depth.

But I do think we were very unlucky for 3 reasons: 1) worst group possible, 2) f*cked over by refs, 3) too many players unavailable.

I'm certain that with Brahim and Theo tonight we could have put up a real fight just like we did against Atletico. But with these players, man...

Ballo-Toure, Krunic, Saelemaekers, Kalulu, Maldini, Bakayoko. So, so unfeasible for such a competition.

I think after half time it became clear we were never going to win this and the players sort of gave up. Leao in primis. Didn't touch a single ball in the second half.

Too bad, really. With this shitty Atletico side we could have really said our word in this group.

Our first 11 imo is not out of its depth, but once you lose them and on some occasions their direct backup as well, it becomes a real struggle

The game against Atletico, those first 20 minutes we played them off the pitch, we did the same to Man U last season as well. But yes, players like Ballo-Toure, Krunic, etc are just not good enough

Ballo-Toure is not even good enough against bottom level teams as far as I can see. What possessed us to spend 5m on this guy??

It really has nothing to do with the cost of players. Bennacer, Tonali, Kjaer, etc all were cheap signings compared to players of similar quality, we just need to improve the depth of the squad as well as the f@cking physio department. This is the second season we've been plagued by injuries and it could still most likely derail our entire season the way things are going.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 19 2021, 10:09 PM) *
Our first 11 imo is not out of its depth, but once you lose them and on some occasions their direct backup as well, it becomes a real struggle

The game against Atletico, those first 20 minutes we played them off the pitch, we did the same to Man U last season as well. But yes, players like Ballo-Toure, Krunic, etc are just not good enough

Ballo-Toure is not even good enough against bottom level teams as far as I can see. What possessed us to spend 5m on this guy??

It really has nothing to do with the cost of players. Bennacer, Tonali, Kjaer, etc all were cheap signings compared to players of similar quality, we just need to improve the depth of the squad as well as the f@cking physio department. This is the second season we've been plagued by injuries and it could still most likely derail our entire season the way things are going.

Ballo-Toure cost us 4.2M.

Tonali cost us 20M, Bennacer 16M. Kjaer we all know was a particular case, at 30 years old.

So yes, a 24 year old player that costs you 4M, from a team like Monaco that is well known to overcharge for their players, cannot be anything else but a fucking dud.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 19 2021, 10:08 PM) *
Coulda woulda shoulda

Football is made of episodes and luck. You've been watching it for over 20 years, it shouldn't be me to tell you that.

And I do accept the limitations of our roster, but it would be narrow-minded to ignore all other factors.
X-Offender
Everyone blaming the ref today for not giving foul on Bennacer during the goal.

I honestly didn't see it live mostly because I didn't really care at that point due to how horrible we were, but re-watching the images, yes, there is a clear foul of Taremi on Bennacer. An identical foul I hear was given by the ref in Atletico-Liverpool.

Oh well, it's just not our year in the CL...
Fillipo Simone
I think the referee yesterday was horrible. Irritating and unbalanced, but almost every decision was in our favor. We danced near a second yellow for a few times as well.

Look, I don't think we have a chance in CL. It's different for Sheriff who have absolutely zero pressure and can go down 0-6 easily at home and nothing happens. On the other hand Milan are still a fragile and young team and the mental balance is necessary if we want to achieve something more then last season. Look at Conte and Inter who managed to get eliminated in the group stage and concentrated on the scudetto instead.

Football also changed. In our times once a team from Italy, Spain, Germany or England was in the quarter-finals everything was possible. Every year you had a new champion. Defending the title was virtually impossible.

Now the gaps between say Real Madrid or Liverpool and say Milan or Inter are enormous. You have teams like Real or Liverpool dominating and crushing opposition in quarters or semis even with a big margin. While in the 90's and in the 00's it was still possible to win the CL or go out in style for teams like Ajax, Porto, Deportivo or PSV, nowadays it is almost impossible if you ask me. And the new regulations, like the 5 subs rule go also in favor of the big clubs.

As much as it is fun watching Milan play every Tuesday and Wednesday Euro-football again, it's just a nuisance. We have a good team for Serie A, but we're inexperienced as hell in CL and this will only serve as a nice experience for the young players and Pioli. But we had no chance. No referee is at fault, no hard group was drawn, it just come down to experience. We showed in 3 games exactly 3 different shades of inexperience and inadequacy.
X-Offender
I completely agree with you, but you cannot say no hard group was drawn or no referee is to blame, because it's simply not true.

You think we wouldn't have had it much easier if we were drawn with Lille, Sevilla and Salzburg in Group G? And do you honestly think we deserved to lose against Atletico had not Cakir fucked us over?

Let's just take this season in Europe as a learning lesson, win the league, strengthen the squad with a few real quality signings, and then aim to go as far ahead as possible next season.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2021, 01:14 PM) *
Everyone blaming the ref today for not giving foul on Bennacer during the goal.

I honestly didn't see it live mostly because I didn't really care at that point due to how horrible we were, but re-watching the images, yes, there is a clear foul of Taremi on Bennacer. An identical foul I hear was given by the ref in Atletico-Liverpool.

Oh well, it's just not our year in the CL...

It was a bit soft imo the push on Benna. He was also looking for it. Ifelt like the players didn't really push as hard as they would have tbh. Those last 30 minutes were a real drag. The players know that it's practically impossible to go through now. They know we have a golden opportunity in the league. And while no pro player ever goes into a game with the mindset of not wanting to win. The body language was very clear yesterday

As I said before this game was even played. The CL atm is feeling like a huge nuisance. 'm much more excited by the league games right now, and given our injury situation these extra games are going to cost us points in the league.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 20 2021, 01:45 PM) *
I think the referee yesterday was horrible. Irritating and unbalanced, but almost every decision was in our favor. We danced near a second yellow for a few times as well.

Look, I don't think we have a chance in CL. It's different for Sheriff who have absolutely zero pressure and can go down 0-6 easily at home and nothing happens. On the other hand Milan are still a fragile and young team and the mental balance is necessary if we want to achieve something more then last season. Look at Conte and Inter who managed to get eliminated in the group stage and concentrated on the scudetto instead.

Football also changed. In our times once a team from Italy, Spain, Germany or England was in the quarter-finals everything was possible. Every year you had a new champion. Defending the title was virtually impossible.

Now the gaps between say Real Madrid or Liverpool and say Milan or Inter are enormous. You have teams like Real or Liverpool dominating and crushing opposition in quarters or semis even with a big margin. While in the 90's and in the 00's it was still possible to win the CL or go out in style for teams like Ajax, Porto, Deportivo or PSV, nowadays it is almost impossible if you ask me. And the new regulations, like the 5 subs rule go also in favor of the big clubs.

As much as it is fun watching Milan play every Tuesday and Wednesday Euro-football again, it's just a nuisance. We have a good team for Serie A, but we're inexperienced as hell in CL and this will only serve as a nice experience for the young players and Pioli. But we had no chance. No referee is at fault, no hard group was drawn, it just come down to experience. We showed in 3 games exactly 3 different shades of inexperience and inadequacy.

I agree totally until you go to your last point.

The facts are there. Against Atletico we were totally screwed over. Once that happened I started to think this CL endeavor was going to become a chore for us. Not because I don't think we have the quality. We showed against Atletico that we're good enough to compete with our first 11 side (didn't even have that against Atletico, but that's probably as close as we've been to having a full squad this season). Circumstances have just conspired against us. Against Liverpool we were outplayed but managed to go into HT leading, that shows we have character a resiliency. Against Atletico we should have won that game hands down had the ref not decided to tip the scales. Yesterday we were bad but look at our squad. That's our biggest weakness, we don't have quality in the rotation. I think for Serie A it's good and will do the job most days, in the CL it's another level, and we struggle when we lose the first string

The CL group we couldn't have gotten a worse one, let's be honest here. Look at Man U, always getting sh!tty groups and still they struggle to get out of them. Had we had a similar group to United we would go through imo as we've shown we have the quality, just not of a super team like Liverpool or the strength in depth to compete when half our starters are out

As you said, this year's CL is a good chance to gain experience. Of course there are going to be growing pains and moments when our lack of experience will show. But going out in the groups will be good for our bid for the title imo. Especially with our medical team rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 20 2021, 03:29 PM) *
It was a bit soft imo the push on Benna. He was also looking for it. Ifelt like the players didn't really push as hard as they would have tbh. Those last 30 minutes were a real drag. The players know that it's practically impossible to go through now. They know we have a golden opportunity in the league. And while no pro player ever goes into a game with the mindset of not wanting to win. The body language was very clear yesterday

As I said before this game was even played. The CL atm is feeling like a huge nuisance. 'm much more excited by the league games right now, and given our injury situation these extra games are going to cost us points in the league.

I'm pretty sure the team entered the pitch with the mentality and objective to win the game and pass the group. I'm certain. Look at things. If we had won, we'd be 1 point behind 2nd place Atletico.

What really made the difference last night, and what made the players give up was simply the gap in quality between both sides. It became quite clear after the first half that Porto was the far superior side.

As you said, we simply don't have the bench to compete on these levels. Lose a couple of starters who don't have good substitutes, and our whole game plan goes to shits. Especially if those two players are Theo and Brahim, both of whom are vital for the way we play. Ballo-Toure and Krunic are pathetic replacements.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2021, 03:56 PM) *
I'm pretty sure the team entered the pitch with the mentality and objective to win the game and pass the group. I'm certain. Look at things. If we had won, we'd be 1 point behind 2nd place Atletico.

What really made the difference last night, and what made the players give up was simply the gap in quality between both sides. It became quite clear after the first half that Porto was the far superior side.

As you said, we simply don't have the bench to compete on these levels. Lose a couple of starters who don't have good substitutes, and our whole game plan goes to shits. Especially if those two players are Theo and Brahim, both of whom are vital for the way we play. Ballo-Toure and Krunic are pathetic replacements.

Oh no, I didn't say we set out not to win, but in the 2nd half it was clear that we didn't put in the usual effort.

Even our press was half hearted
X-Offender
Bruh, the same Atalanta side we dominated two weeks ago are demolishing ManUtd 2-0 at Old Trafford at half time. And I know ManUtd are not exactly a superb side right now, but it's not like Porto are Bayern themselves either.
han2503
Man, why couldn't we get Man U and Barca instead of their respective counterparts??

Our luck this season has been non-existent.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2021, 08:40 PM) *
Bruh, the same Atalanta side we dominated two weeks ago are demolishing ManUtd 2-0 at Old Trafford at half time. And I know ManUtd are not exactly a superb side right now, but it's not like Porto are Bayern themselves either.

Porto game aside due to many different factors I think we can compete with many CL teams (aside from the super teams like Livepool, Bayern and City). We ran all over United last season with a demolished squad. We didn't go through because we were once again f@cked over by the ref on that non-existent handball.
Fillipo Simone
Ah, yes,... referees practically took that away from us as well...
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 20 2021, 08:57 PM) *
Ah, yes,... referees practically took that away from us as well...

Well, if you watched the games, they sorta did. ManUtd had nothing on us, and their shitty goal at San Siro came from a Dollarumma blunder.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 20 2021, 08:49 PM) *
Porto game aside due to many different factors I think we can compete with many CL teams (aside from the super teams like Livepool, Bayern and City). We ran all over United last season with a demolished squad. We didn't go through because we were once again f@cked over by the ref on that non-existent handball.

We can compete only with our best starting XI available.

Speaking of which, say what you want, but right now Rebic > Giroud and Zlatan as CF.
X-Offender
Last 7 goals conceded by us:

Nonexistent penalty in favour of Atletico
Nonexistent penalty in favour of Atalanta
Invalid goal of Atalanta due to foul
Legitimate goal from Verona
Nonexistent penalty in favour of Verona
Invalid goal of Porto due to foul

6/7 shouldn't have stood. Just putting it out there...
Rossoneri7
Champions League group is the toughest one IMHO. Even Milan's opponents had a scare.

To grow, a young team needs these experiences. I see the team very much comfortable in Serie A, while in Europe its either they are unlucky or seem to be out of their depth.

Its a learning curve for sure which will help the team in the coming seasons.

Very proud, even if Milan dont make it through (which is very likely) respite there being a slim chance of going through, I dont see Milan able to beat both Liverpool and AM.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2021, 11:13 PM) *
Well, if you watched the games, they sorta did. ManUtd had nothing on us, and their shitty goal at San Siro came from a Dollarumma blunder.

Spoken like a true PSV Eindhoven league supporter. I know some people from Holland who even now question Milan beating them in the CL semis because Ambro's goal was irregular.

Yes, referees damaged us a lot this season. Agreed. Yes, we could have won again ManUtd. But we didn't. We did not put up a stellar performance, especially not at Old Trafford. In the end, their experience won them the game. Not some referee.
Fillipo Simone
And well, looking in hindsight, I really don't see how this first CL campaign could have gone differently for us.

We managed to get a very tough group. We have a team with only a handful of players who played the CL. Everyone made mistakes out of inexperience. First not to include Conti and Samu to the CL players list was a grave mistake. Second, Pioli never really took charge both tactically and in terms of intelligent subs. Thirdly the players and team as a whole collapsed several times. We managed to throw away our comeback against Liverpool, we managed to get the stupid red card during a very good second showing and we managed to lose faith and stop playing during the third game. I really don't see how we could have done anything more.

Remember, Pioli's team tends to bend if the pressure is too high. We collapsed last season several times due to the heat being near us and shined mostly when off the radar or with less pressure. We managed to lose or both several decisive games in the past in Europa League as well.

We need more experience, more time to grow. Being eliminated in 21/22 in group stage is pretty much expected.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 21 2021, 12:26 PM) *
Spoken like a true PSV Eindhoven league supporter. I know some people from Holland who even now question Milan beating them in the CL semis because Ambro's goal was irregular.

Yes, referees damaged us a lot this season. Agreed. Yes, we could have won again ManUtd. But we didn't. We did not put up a stellar performance, especially not at Old Trafford. In the end, their experience won them the game. Not some referee.

Bro, it's useless for you to deny the facts. Nobody will buy it. Kessie's goal was regular. FACT.

Secondly, I never said we put up a stellar performance against ManUtd. I said ManUtd had nothing on us. It was a very, very even match that was decided by episodes. Again, if you deny something so obvious and clear, then nobody will buy your arguments.

You always tend to look at the general picture (no experience, no great players etc.) but you always fail to look at the details. And as I said before, football is a game where episodes and luck player a very, very major role in the final outcome. Everyone knows this.
X-Offender
Kessie (flu) and Rebic (ankle) are out for tomorrow. Look at our luck now with Kessie having Covid. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.