Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2021/2022 Season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
CrazyMilanFan
Although unlikely but let's hope atlanta gets something against juve
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 13 2022, 02:26 PM) *
3 points FFS

We really have to suffer even in sure-win games.

Did we suffer though? Samp got basically 1 shot at goal from Candreva all game long and it was an easy one for Magnan. We didn't let them get a look in. On that perspective it was a professional display

BUT, even though we didn't suffer it was frustrating as hell watching them trying to jog the ball into the back of the net. Some good saves aside, we wasted too many opportunities from very good positions. This should have been a great opportunity for us to bring up that goal difference, the opportunities were there. I'm sure Giroud wants to eat the head off of someone, he was getting into so many great areas and everyone kept over-dribbling and missing the chance to play him in.
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Feb 13 2022, 02:28 PM) *
Although unlikely but let's hope atlanta gets something against juve

Nah, Atalanta have been absolute sh!t for a while now. And while Juve are pretty bad themselves, Vlahovic gives them that x-factor in these types of games
han2503
Kessie was whistled before the game during the call outs of the team sheets and when he was coming on today

Curva has finally had enough of him by the looks of it.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 13 2022, 02:31 PM) *
Did we suffer though? Samp got basically 1 shot at goal from Candreva all game long and it was an easy one for Magnan. We didn't let them get a look in. On that perspective it was a professional display

BUT, even though we didn't suffer it was frustrating as hell watching them trying to jog the ball into the back of the net. Some good saves aside, we wasted too many opportunities from very good positions. This should have been a great opportunity for us to bring up that goal difference, the opportunities were there. I'm sure Giroud wants to eat the head off of someone, he was getting into so many great areas and everyone kept over-dribbling and missing the chance to play him in.

We didn't concede anything. Like, I can't remember any clear opportunities. But as you said, the problem was the attitude. Or rather, the grit and aggressivness from midfield upwards.

Rebic was terrible. Brahim regressed back to being a non-factor. Tonali probably had the quietest game this season. Bennacer was not inspired (but his pressing game was top notch). Leao tried a bit and thank god for that moment that made him score. Overall a "yawn match".
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 13 2022, 02:51 PM) *
We didn't concede anything. Like, I can't remember any clear opportunities. But as you said, the problem was the attitude. Or rather, the grit and aggressivness from midfield upwards.

Rebic was terrible. Brahim regressed back to being a non-factor. Tonali probably had the quietest game this season. Bennacer was not inspired (but his pressing game was top notch). Leao tried a bit and thank god for that moment that made him score. Overall a "yawn match".

Agreed on everything there. I feel like we try to cruise in these types of games rather than really stamping our authority on it. It's why we f@cked up against both Spezia and Sassuolo. Got the opener and basically wanted to call it a day in both games and were punished for it

Samp were absolutely terrible, and we pressed them as soon as then got it anywhere near Sensi so we neutralized them easily. But I wasn't seeing the usual pressing and quickness in buildup which made it a really frustrating game, especially knowing the importance of it and how we were punished in previous games where the attitude was not good enough
han2503
This was one of the fixtures we stupidly dropped points in last season as well wasn't it?
han2503
Mentioning the Spezia game.

I have a bad feeling those 3 points and the point we were robbed of against Napoli are going to be a big factor now when looking back on the season. Hope I'm wrong because having our season decided by the referees will be hard to swallow, especially given that they basically decided out CL faith as well

We could be facing a terrible United side come mid-week had that not happened. The financial bearing that would have had for us cannot even be quantified
han2503
Just saw on twitter that since the Juve game we've only conceded 5 shots on target. It seems like we're finally working on that defense. Still think we need to work a lot more on the set-pieces, our biggest weakness.

Also, we really need to do better on set-piece taking not just defending. Messias needs to stop taking corners and free-kicks, always dead-rubber crosses
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 13 2022, 02:37 PM) *
Kessie was whistled before the game during the call outs of the team sheets and when he was coming on today

Curva has finally had enough of him by the looks of it.

It's the right thing to do. These mercenaries need to understand that football is of the fans, and such disrespect cannot be accepted. Also very glad Pioli benched him.

With only one game per week now we can play Tonali-Bennacer every time no problem. There's no more need to rotate to rest players, except when there'll be the Coppa semi-finals or any eventual mid-week league games.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 13 2022, 03:56 PM) *
It's the right thing to do. These mercenaries need to understand that football is of the fans, and such disrespect cannot be accepted. Also very glad Pioli benched him.

With only one game per week now we can play Tonali-Bennacer every time no problem. There's no more need to rotate to rest players, except when there'll be the Coppa semi-finals or any eventual mid-week league games.

Agreed. It's not like he's unplayable atm either.

He's been dropping stinkers all season barring a handful of games.

Really hope we bring in Sanches as his replacement. He'd be great at providing that drive from midfield we sometimes lack

Btw, Florenzi should be bought come the end of the season. The buy-out is dirt cheap and he's proven to be a great utility player for the team, no to mention that he's a constant professional who always gives his all. Makes the Ballo-Toure addition look even worse tbh considering we bought him outright
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 13 2022, 01:06 PM) *
Where do you live?

Washington DC
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 13 2022, 05:15 PM) *
Agreed. It's not like he's unplayable atm either.

He's been dropping stinkers all season barring a handful of games.

Really hope we bring in Sanches as his replacement. He'd be great at providing that drive from midfield we sometimes lack

Btw, Florenzi should be bought come the end of the season. The buy-out is dirt cheap and he's proven to be a great utility player for the team, no to mention that he's a constant professional who always gives his all. Makes the Ballo-Toure addition look even worse tbh considering we bought him outright

Also very glad that Bennacer is getting good ratings lately.

Mediaset: Bennacer 6,5
Preferred to Kessie, he holds down Sensi and Rincon, extinguishing the possible quality flare-ups of Sampdoria. He recovers, presses, runs, does not spare himself alongside Tonali by forming a hinge for pressing and recovering the balls.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 13 2022, 05:57 PM) *
Also very glad that Bennacer is getting good ratings lately.

Benna was great again

He was sacrificed a bit at the start because Tonali started so strong and everyone thought Kessie was the sure starter. He's come back from AFCON in great shape and him and Tonali complement each other as well, and that will continue to grow with each game they play together
William405
We controlled the whole game. Samp had 0 chances. Would have preferred an extra goal, but it is what it is. We just had two great intense games, so you can expect a bit of a drop off in form. I'm really feeling positive about the Scudetto but I don't want to jinx it. I'll just say I feel this team has a good feel about it at the moment.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 13 2022, 08:36 PM) *
We controlled the whole game. Samp had 0 chances. Would have preferred an extra goal, but it is what it is. We just had two great intense games, so you can expect a bit of a drop off in form. I'm really feeling positive about the Scudetto but I don't want to jinx it. I'll just say I feel this team has a good feel about it at the moment.

Still think Inter are the favourites but we should push them all the way this season

Last season we really struggled to get out of the slump. This season we've done well to get out of it quicker and avoided the big losses that really killed our season last time out

I think the fixture list favoures Inter a bit more now. We still have Lazio, Napoli and Atalanta to play, not to mention typical nuisances like Sassuolo, Fiorentina and Udine. Inter just have Roma (easy win) and Juve left of the "top" sides. So aside from having a game in hand the calendar favoures them a bit more.

That being said, we are the best performing team against the tope sides. Only losing that stupid game against Napoli. Both Juve games will be a regret as well as we should have won both. So we should get the majority of the points from those games
han2503
Malinovsky... What a goal that was

Hoping it stays like this
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 14 2022, 12:22 AM) *
Malinovsky... What a goal that was

Hoping it stays like this

Incredible goal, Juve were lucky to get the draw. Still this result favors us.
han2503
Don't know if anyone is watching the Inter game, but it is too funny to see them do a derby repeat against Liverpool

Honestly, the myth that they have the deepest squad in Italy has got to be the most baffling. As soon as you take out any single one of their starting players, the quality drops big time. Whether it's in defence, midfield or the attack. The bench options are not good. The only reason this myth has persisted is because they've literally had no absences this season aside from De Vrij for a few weeks and that happened during an easy run in the league. So their bench basically does 15 minute cameo appearances in games, rather than having to rely on their bench non-stop as us an Napoli have had to

But, as much as I wanted them to lose. The self congratulatory british commentary has got to be the most grating thing I've listened to in a while. The best part was Michael Owen saying that if the Liverpool B team beat Milan easily in the groups, then surely that means they'll also sweep Inter away. How simplistic and dumb a take is that? Failing to mention that we basically played half our B team half our C team during that game due to injuries. And in neither game was the score a blow out as they beat us by just one goal in both games. So annoying, almost made me route for our cousins (just for a moment)
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 16 2022, 10:59 PM) *
Don't know if anyone is watching the Inter game, but it is too funny to see them do a derby repeat against Liverpool

Honestly, the myth that they have the deepest squad in Italy has got to be the most baffling. As soon as you take out any single one of their starting players, the quality drops big time. Whether it's in defence, midfield or the attack. The bench options are not good. The only reason this myth has persisted is because they've literally had no absences this season aside from De Vrij for a few weeks and that happened during an easy run in the league. So their bench basically does 15 minute cameo appearances in games, rather than having to rely on their bench non-stop as us an Napoli have had to

But, as much as I wanted them to lose. The self congratulatory british commentary has got to be the most grating thing I've listened to in a while. The best part was Michael Owen saying that if the Liverpool B team beat Milan easily in the groups, then surely that means they'll also sweep Inter away. How simplistic and dumb a take is that? Failing to mention that we basically played half our B team half our C team during that game due to injuries. And in neither game was the score a blow out as they beat us by just one goal in both games. So annoying, almost made me route for our cousins (just for a moment)

Yeah, their bench is extremely limited, at least in defense and midfield. Aside from Vidal (who's mostly sh*t anyway), everyone else wouldn't even be warming our bench. Ranocchia, Kolarov, D'Ambrosio, Di Marco, Vecino, Gagliardini etc.

As for Owen, looks like he's trying to emulate his sh*t footballing career by being a sh*t commentator as well. But British pundits are usually a bunch of myopic c*nts with no real perspective about European football.
X-Offender
Anyway, I thought Inter had a fairly decent game. Liverpool didn't dominate and they weren't extremely dangerous either. Both goals came from set pieces.

If only we had put a similar performance...
Rossoneri7
I believe inter are a much weaker team than that whom won the Scudetto. The loss of Lukaku and Hakimi is something to take note of. Also, the pace of play in Serie A is way behind that of the EPL.

Those two coupled together shall decide how this fixture will end.

Granted inter made an outstanding showing last night, their ability to match a like for like pace was nonexistent and the quality of their reference points had degraded from those of last year.

Thats my two cents on it. And as much as I want Serie A teams to go further in Europe, I am happy to see Cala fail.
William405
Kessie on the bench again smile.gif
X-Offender
Thank f*ck.
William405
We're not as compact as I want us to be
X-Offender
Maigan howler.
han2503
Wtf are we doing

Sloppy throughout so far

Bad passing, multiple bad defensive situations. Just all over the place against the sh!ttiest side in the leage

Maignan has let the hype get to him there
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 19 2022, 11:15 PM) *
Maigan howler.

Yeah, but we're Also not doing great
han2503
If we lose points here...

No words
X-Offender
Leao needs to wake the f*ck up!
han2503
We're just dwelling on the ball.

Such a lazy display so far

I hate these games where the players just expect a walk-over
X-Offender
FFS, do these players even practice passing in training??? They're so, so bad. There have been so many good opportunities wasted due to a terrible pass or ball control. C'mon for f*ck's sake, we should be eating them alive!
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 19 2022, 09:19 PM) *
Leao needs to wake the f*ck up!

Everyone else included in this

Even Tomori and Tonali have looked bad all game. And they're usually the most dependable players on the pitch
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 19 2022, 09:33 PM) *
FFS, do these players even practice passing in training??? They're so, so bad. There have been so many good opportunities wasted due to a terrible pass or ball control. C'mon for f*ck's sake, we should be eating them alive!

This is the reason why we cannot be champions.

We do not have the right attitude in games where we should cruise. We pulled off the same BS against Spezia, Sassuolo, Udinese and some other games throughout the season

Everyone seems to switch off and expect the win to be handed to them because they're better

Look at Inter

They've had a really terrible time against all the top sides. But they sweep these teams aside. In the end these games are what wins you the campionato, not winning the big games
X-Offender
Giroud is trash.
han2503
Brahim with a serious stinker
X-Offender
WTF is wrong with Maignan tonight???
han2503
Maignan man...

Wtf is everyone doing FFS??

Everyone f@cking up left and right!!
William405
Wtf
X-Offender
Can't believe we're fucking this up. Against a virtually relegated side.
X-Offender
2-1...
X-Offender
Tomori has been abysmal tonight.
han2503

Wtf am I watching??
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 19 2022, 10:18 PM) *
Tomori has been abysmal tonight.

He's been bad since his surgery
William405
Great...
William405
Bye bye Scudetto
X-Offender
ANTEEEE!!!! LET'S GO!!!
William405
Fuckin rebic let's go
han2503
Wasting the last few minutes defending rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
My god Rebic's touches are absolute dogshit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.