Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2021/2022 Season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 25 2022, 08:02 PM) *
I agree to a certain extent there re Giroud. I'm not saying he's the perfect striker. And I do think we played better when Rebic was playing upfront. But the fact is that his chances have been very limited at times. And he's the kind of player that if you give him good enough service, he'll score eventually. But the service has not been there, especially these past 3 months or so our attacking play has been really terrible. All because we always go through the left side and it makes us predictable, and when we try to go through the right or centre, it's just not good enough because the quality is not there.

A proper AM replacement for Hakan and a quick, scoring RW would have secured us the title by now

Btw, I'm not saying we don't need a striker as you are describing. But on the list of priorities, for me, a striker comees after the AM and RW

And I'm telling you Giroud hasn't been as prolific as you make it out to be. He's had service in plenty of games and yet failed to score. That's because he's not able to make the most of the chances he gets due to his limits. For example, the second gol in the derby, I expect him to produce that on a constant basis. But he barely does it.

Giroud is old, and even in his prime he's always been a very limited player. He didn't score a single goal in the 2018 WC despite playing all games for a France side that rolled their way to the trophy. It was very wrong to rely only on him and Zlatan for this season, just like it was very wrong to rely only on Brahim, Alexis and Messias. It's actually incredible we're still first despite such a mediocre attacking line.
Rossoneri7
Carlo to me remains synonymous to Milan. Todays CL tie was probably one of the most entertaining for the neutrals. I watched the tie reminiscing on his European pedigree Milan.

Madrid have a very good chance of going through to the final (the same could be said of City), as Madrid have the experience and tactical intelligence to overcome and neutralize City's threat in the return fixture.

Forza Don Carlo!
X-Offender
Love Carlo and all, but I wouldn't wish another CL to Madrid (just like I wouldn't wish it to Liverpool). I hope City or Villareal get it.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 25 2022, 08:12 PM) *
And I'm telling you Giroud hasn't been as prolific as you make it out to be. He's had service in plenty of games and yet failed to score. That's because he's not able to make the most of the chances he gets due to his limits. For example, the second gol in the derby, I expect him to produce that on a constant basis. But he barely does it.

Giroud is old, and even in his prime he's always been a very limited player. He didn't score a single goal in the 2018 WC despite playing all games for a France side that rolled their way to the trophy. It was very wrong to rely only on him and Zlatan for this season, just like it was very wrong to rely only on Brahim, Alexis and Messias. It's actually incredible we're still first despite such a mediocre attacking line.

Well this is what I have been saying all along when people expect that we romp every game. The fact is that we don't have the quality up front to win the title. Giroud is no doubt a part of that as he has missed a couple of good chances but you can't really say we give him lot of quality service in each game because that is simply not the case. Especially in the last few months when we have been very sterile in attack.

Obviously I would like to have a mobile CF who can do it all upfront. But that would cost serious money. And if it came down to it, I'd rather the AM and RW over the striker. Especially with Origi coming in. He'll most likely do very well in Serie A

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 27 2022, 12:15 AM) *
Love Carlo and all, but I wouldn't wish another CL to Madrid (just like I wouldn't wish it to Liverpool). I hope City or Villareal get it.

If it came down to it, I'd rather Real over Liverpool though. Liverpool match us should they win it again. Real are already too far ahead now anyway, one more won't matter to us. Plus, I love Carlo and he deseres it. Considering everyone thought he was just the yes-man being brought in by Perez to put out some fires and nothing was expected of them this season, especially in Europe.
Rossoneri7
So you guys were complaining about Pioli, Milans attack, etc as Milan drew to both Bologna and Torino?

Well guess what Bologna and Torino are doing today? laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 27 2022, 09:00 PM) *
So you guys were complaining about Pioli, Milans attack, etc as Milan drew to both Bologna and Torino?

Well guess what Bologna and Torino are doing today? laugh.gif

Bologna winning atm

I cannot believe that we actually have an opening again. I'm so worried we're about to f@ck this up now I'm already in knots about Sunday and I can't watch the game either because I have a dinner thing I have to go to!!

I really think that last minute winner from Tonali shook Inter now. They were drinking their own cool-aid against Roma and after that game. But our win against Lazio must have worried them enough. They played well first 20 minutes or so today, then fell apart
han2503
Fiorentina losing 4-0 to Udine as well. I don't even know how to take that. It could either be good or terrible for us...

We need to absolutely play them on the counter. We cannot f@ck this up! The Scudetto is back in our hands. This is where having Kjaer and Ibra fit would have proven useful for us. I really don't trust our players to pull this out just yet. We get so in our heads, especially when we're leading and have big opportunities like this
han2503
Inter lose!

That's the title back in our hands... Let's see. Sunday is going to be huge
Rossoneri7
Credit is due to Milan, they drew to Bologna and Torino back to back. Guess what? Torino held Atalanta to a draw and Bologna snatched a win against inter.

Whether Milan win the Scudetto or not is irrelevant to my point. The point was it is not just due to back coach and lack of fire power upfront. But that these two teams really have courage to stop those in the top half of the table.

P.S. Im going on instagram to troll Cala laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 27 2022, 09:16 PM) *
Credit is due to Milan, they drew to Bologna and Torino back to back. Guess what? Torino held Atalanta to a draw and Bologna snatched a win against inter.

Whether Milan win the Scudetto or not is irrelevant to my point. The point was it is not just due to back coach and lack of fire power upfront. But that these two teams really have courage to stop those in the top half of the table.

P.S. Im going on instagram to troll Cala laugh.gif

Atalanta have been bad for a while now. Not saying much. Toro have been a difficult team to beat this season, no doubt.

Bologna, I still think we should have beaten them, no excuses. Toro I expected it, but Bologna we were just not good enough

Inter maybe throwing the title away the way they did with such a terrible error would be truly poetic though. FOUR games left. No doubt we have the tougher schedule. But Inter have some relegation sides in there. Udine up next for them, so they should put up a fight at least
han2503
Also, Inter now 2 points behind us, we have the H2H on them, so that means we're allowed a draw from the next 4 and still go on to win the title even if Inter win all their games.

Massive opportunity here.
X-Offender
Unbelievable. Radu has just gifted us the scudetto on a silver platter. This is an immense opportunity. Please lads, don't let us down!
Danny
I completely forgot Inter were playing, and I just learned of the result.

Absolutely huge. This Milan squad isn't great, but it has spirit.

In all fairness, to quote Han in 2012, or whenever it was, it would be a terrible Milan team which benefited from everyone else being absolutely howling bad, but it doesn't matter how you win, just that you do.

Come on Milan, it's in your hands.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 28 2022, 12:19 AM) *
Atalanta have been bad for a while now. Not saying much. Toro have been a difficult team to beat this season, no doubt.

Bologna, I still think we should have beaten them, no excuses. Toro I expected it, but Bologna we were just not good enough

Inter maybe throwing the title away the way they did with such a terrible error would be truly poetic though. FOUR games left. No doubt we have the tougher schedule. But Inter have some relegation sides in there. Udine up next for them, so they should put up a fight at least

Bologna drew Milan 0-0, Juve 1-1 and beat inter 2-1.

Credit is due king.gif

Milans attack is lacking, but to be fair, this Milan was never going to challenge for the Scudetto. It was always a project under construction. To be top of the table now is something the bookies never even considered when the season kicked off.

Danny, where have you been? Hope your showing brings Milan some luck!!
Danny
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 28 2022, 12:17 AM) *
Bologna drew Milan 0-0, Juve 1-1 and beat inter 2-1.

Credit is due king.gif

Milans attack is lacking, but to be fair, this Milan was never going to challenge for the Scudetto. It was always a project under construction. To be top of the table now is something the bookies never even considered when the season kicked off.

It would be the most astonishing Scudetto in history I think. We're some distance off being the best team/squad in the league. And we've done all of this without our first choice defence as well.

Danny, where have you been? Hope your showing brings Milan some luck!!

Greetings R7, nice to see you too. Time out from things recently. Hope you're well! I hope so too, it's been an unacceptable time since our last league win, just one title since I joined this forum for goodness sake!
X-Offender
I just hope our players realise what a massive, maaaassive chance this is. We have four games, four finals, and we can even afford one draw (assuming Inter win all their games, at equal points we'd be crowned champions due to the H2H advantage).

Fiorentina and Atalanta are in a mess right now, Verona are beatable, and for Sassuolo we can worry in the last week. Just give your hearts and souls in these remaining games, please!
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 27 2022, 10:43 PM) *
I completely forgot Inter were playing, and I just learned of the result.

Absolutely huge. This Milan squad isn't great, but it has spirit.

In all fairness, to quote Han in 2012, or whenever it was, it would be a terrible Milan team which benefited from everyone else being absolutely howling bad, but it doesn't matter how you win, just that you do.

Come on Milan, it's in your hands.

Can't remember what I ate yesterday Danny. So I don't remember saying this. But it's correct biggrin.gif

You know there is a saying that goes, the league table never lies. This is not KOs. We've played almost an entire season now and we're top of the pile 4 games out. That's more than any of us hoped for at the start of the season. This group of players and Pioli have over-achieved for sure. And maybe we have to fight harder for the wins than Inter do when they are on song. But no one can take away what we've achieved so far this season.

The mental fortitude, the strength of the group as a collective, the fight and passion the players show each week, no matter what we're facing, whether it's a covid outbreak or enough injuries that doesn't leave enough player on the bench for Pioli. We've ploughed on through. Inter on the other hand, as soon as they don't have their full roster, they start stumbling. Considering all these problems and BS refereeing calls, we've been better then them overall this season. And once again the table does not lie.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 28 2022, 07:17 PM) *
I just hope our players realise what a massive, maaaassive chance this is. We have four games, four finals, and we can even afford one draw (assuming Inter win all their games, at equal points we'd be crowned champions due to the H2H advantage).

Fiorentina and Atalanta are in a mess right now, Verona are beatable, and for Sassuolo we can worry in the last week. Just give your hearts and souls in these remaining games, please!

It is.

But this is where we struggle most. When we're leading we tend to stumble for whatever reason

I'm sure the players are all aware what the stakes are. But this is where we tend to get in our own heads too much and make mistake.

Next Sunday is going to be huge. More than any of the other games. If we win against Fiorentina, we'll be putting Inter under massive pressure to get a result. We just have to make sure to do the job there. Because if we win. I think Inter will stumble again. They're shook atm. We need to take advantage of them. I'm sure that last minute winner and then the Inter result will have given our players a big boost. Pioli has all week to prepare, which is a worry as we tend to be better when we play every 3 days. But I think we can pull this off
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 28 2022, 07:46 PM) *
It is.

But this is where we struggle most. When we're leading we tend to stumble for whatever reason

I'm sure the players are all aware what the stakes are. But this is where we tend to get in our own heads too much and make mistake.

Next Sunday is going to be huge. More than any of the other games. If we win against Fiorentina, we'll be putting Inter under massive pressure to get a result. We just have to make sure to do the job there. Because if we win. I think Inter will stumble again. They're shook atm. We need to take advantage of them. I'm sure that last minute winner and then the Inter result will have given our players a big boost. Pioli has all week to prepare, which is a worry as we tend to be better when we play every 3 days. But I think we can pull this off

Yes, we usually tend to struggle under these circumnstances. But this is not some mid-season lead that we need to maintain. It's not even a CL qualification like last year, but the fucking scudetto. It's a history definining moment.

I think it also helps that the teams we'll be facing play a very open and attacking football, because I think we massively underperform against teams that park their bus and only defend.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 28 2022, 08:21 PM) *
Yes, we usually tend to struggle under these circumnstances. But this is not some mid-season lead that we need to maintain. It's not even a CL qualification like last year, but the fucking scudetto. It's a history definining moment.

I think it also helps that the teams we'll be facing play a very open and attacking football, because I think we massively underperform against teams that park their bus and only defend.

problem is that we lost to 2 out of these 4 teams in the reverse fixture and could have easily lost points against Verona as well

I agree to a point. We struggle massively against teams who play a low block. Torino, Bologna and Udine are the poster children for that type of style.

Let's see. If we get past this Fiorentina game with the 3 points I think we'll be in an excellent position. But right now it's obvious that Inter have a far more straight forward schedule.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 29 2022, 03:21 PM) *
problem is that we lost to 2 out of these 4 teams in the reverse fixture and could have easily lost points against Verona as well

I agree to a point. We struggle massively against teams who play a low block. Torino, Bologna and Udine are the poster children for that type of style.

Let's see. If we get past this Fiorentina game with the 3 points I think we'll be in an excellent position. But right now it's obvious that Inter have a far more straight forward schedule.

We lacked concentration against both Fiorentina and Sassuolo. I remember very well that Firenze game. We created a lot, wasted a lot, and two errors from Tatarusanu and Theo cost us two goals. We didn't deserve to lose.

Against Sassuolo we just crumbled because we didn't expect them to play such a fast-paced and aggressive game.

But things have changed now. Obviously it's a very, very tough fixture list, but it's the last 4 games of a season that could gift us the scudetto. And I'm sure the Bologna's victory will have hyped the players even more.

I still view Inter as favorites, but at least our fate is in our own hands now.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 29 2022, 03:51 PM) *
We lacked concentration against both Fiorentina and Sassuolo. I remember very well that Firenze game. We created a lot, wasted a lot, and two errors from Tatarusanu and Theo cost us two goals. We didn't deserve to lose.

Against Sassuolo we just crumbled because we didn't expect them to play such a fast-paced and aggressive game.

But things have changed now. Obviously it's a very, very tough fixture list, but it's the last 4 games of a season that could gift us the scudetto. And I'm sure the Bologna's victory will have hyped the players even more.

I still view Inter as favorites, but at least our fate is in our own hands now.

For sure, that Fiorentina game if we played it another 10 times we'd have probably won every single time. But it's the age old story for us of shooting ourselves in the foot needlessly.

The Sassuolo game they outplayed us in probably the worst performance in the league all season thus far imo. They're just a major thorn for us for whatever reason which is why they worry me so much. Thankfully it's the last game, and if things go our way, we could even not need a result there. But we have to be perfect in the next 3 games.

And yes, right now I feel like the tide has swung our way. What with that late win against Lazio and how Inter lost to Bologna. But as we've seen these last few weeks, it keeps swinging back and fourth because neither us, nor Inter are dominant enough imo.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 29 2022, 07:51 PM) *
TThey're just a major thorn for us for whatever reason which is why they worry me so much.

Hmm, are they? Last 8 games: 5 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 29 2022, 09:46 PM) *
Hmm, are they? Last 8 games: 5 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss.

Sassuolo?

In my mind it's much worse for some reason. Maybe they were worse at the beginning of our banter era. But Sassuolo always give me a bit of PTSD
X-Offender
The tension man, you could cut it with a knife...
X-Offender
What a shitty performance thus far...
Danny
It's been that bad I ended up working halfway through the first half and my missus had to tell me it was half time.
X-Offender
It's these kind of performances that make me think we don't deserve to win the scudetto. We should be steamrolling Fiorentina in their own half, yet all we've been a bunch of complete zombies.

Kessie is the only one pressing the opponent. Brahim also the only one with a half-decent performance.

Calabria and Messias have been sh*t. Tonali has been very poor as well.

And Giroud, man. How did he miss that stter?

Danny
He missed some golden chances in recent matches. He's normally a monster with his head but he's been unreliable lately.
Danny
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!
han2503
LEAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
han2503
So many wasted chances.

Need to be better these last 3 games.

HUGE win
X-Offender
I can't keep up like this. I think I'm gonna have a mental breakdown or heart attack. FFS!
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2022, 03:58 PM) *
HUGE win

HUGE is an understatement. MASSIVE!!!
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 1 2022, 04:00 PM) *
I can't keep up like this. I think I'm gonna have a mental breakdown or heart attack. FFS!

At least we can't complain about being board

Leao, Giroud, Rebic, Theo. All shold have put this to bed much earlier

Maignan coming up with that massive save as well. Player of the season for us
han2503
This will hopefully put pressure on Inter. Let's see if it shakes their confidence
X-Offender
Anyway, I stand by my comment after the first half. The approach to this game was completely wrong. Or rather, the players couldn't handle the pressure. Too scared shitless to dominate a rather poor Fiorentina. And this is something we continue to carry behind. Against Atalanta last season in the final match, same approach. Against Liverpool at San Siro, same approach. Whenever the stakes become too high, we assume this small-club mentality that is simply not acceptable.

But the chances, man. The chances... Even if you play badly, you cannot afford to be wasting goals like this. The Giroud, Leao and Theo chances in particular were mind-boggling. And then the final touch, be it a pass or a cross, it's always the wrong one. Always. So fucking frustrating!
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2022, 04:09 PM) *
Maignan coming up with that massive save as well. Player of the season for us

Maignan has been massive for this season. What a keeper, man!

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2022, 04:10 PM) *
This will hopefully put pressure on Inter. Let's see if it shakes their confidence

I have a feeling they will win comfortably.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 1 2022, 04:12 PM) *
Anyway, I stand by my comment after the first half. The approach to this game was completely wrong. Or rather, the players couldn't handle the pressure. Too scared shitless to dominate a rather poor Fiorentina. And this is something we continue to carry behind. Against Atalanta last season in the final match, same approach. Against Liverpool at San Siro, same approach. Whenever the stakes become too high, we assume this small-club mentality that is simply not acceptable.

But the chances, man. The chances... Even if you play badly, you cannot afford to be wasting goals like this. The Giroud, Leao and Theo chances in particular were mind-boggling. And then the final touch, be it a pass or a cross, it's always the wrong one. Always. So fucking frustrating!

Yeah, I think it's the players more than the approach. I didn't watch the first half but I can only imagine that it's the same thing we've seen over and over this season, just as you described in those games.

We find it very hard to lead the table. Every time we have been leading we fumble it. Today I think we did a lot well and a lot badly

Winning this title will be hugely important for these players to get themselves over that mental block. The San Siro being full and so much enthusiasm and tension coming off the stands can't help in such matters imo.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 1 2022, 04:13 PM) *
Maignan has been massive for this season. What a keeper, man!

I have a feeling they will win comfortably.

I think they'll draw... We'll see. Udine are a bogey team for us not them so wouldn't be surprised if you were right
han2503
Do Verona have anything to play for at this stage?

Let's hope they're on the beach already. They've already been the reason why we lost 2 Scudetti in our distant past. Let's not make it 3 next week
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2022, 04:20 PM) *
Do Verona have anything to play for at this stage?

Let's hope they're on the beach already. They've already been the reason why we lost 2 Scudetti in our distant past. Let's not make it 3 next week

I honestly think the teams that don't have anything to play for are the most dangerous ones. Remember Cagliari last season? They have a clean slate, no pressure, and just play for fun. Whereas the pressure for us becomes a terrible factor. Before this game I considered the Verona match out of the 4 the most dangerous one, and I still stand by that.
X-Offender
Oh, and the Diaz-Krunic change. WTF man! One time Brahim has a half-decent game and he subs him off. And Krunic did jackshit.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 1 2022, 04:26 PM) *
I honestly think the teams that don't have anything to play for are the most dangerous ones. Remember Cagliari last season? They have a clean slate, no pressure, and just play for fun. Whereas the pressure for us becomes a terrible factor. Before this game I considered the Verona match out of the 4 the most dangerous one, and I still stand by that.

Good point...

Eeeehhh. I'm so tense about these last 3 games! Just have to do the business ourselves. If only we hadn't been f@cked over so many times this season man. We'd be celebrating this title now
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2022, 04:33 PM) *
Good point...

Eeeehhh. I'm so tense about these last 3 games! Just have to do the business ourselves. If only we hadn't been f@cked over so many times this season man. We'd be celebrating this title now

We even have the luxury of drawing one (assuming Inter win today). But we should always aim for the win and avoid making calculations.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 1 2022, 04:32 PM) *
Oh, and the Diaz-Krunic change. WTF man! One time Brahim has a half-decent game and he subs him off. And Krunic did jackshit.

True, But Brahim was making terrible final passes and was seriously frustrating.

Next game Pioli just needs to go 4-3-3 and just play Rebic instead of any of the spazzes we have on that right side.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 1 2022, 04:34 PM) *
We even have the luxury of drawing one (assuming Inter win today). But we should always aim for the win and avoid making calculations.

Agreed.

Ideally we win the next 2 so we have a bit of leeway in that Sassuolo game.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2022, 04:34 PM) *
True, But Brahim was making terrible final passes and was seriously frustrating.

Next game Pioli just needs to go 4-3-3 and just play Rebic instead of any of the spazzes we have on that right side.

Rebic brings a lot of vivacity and high pressing, but his final product is so sh*t, probably the worst player in that aspect. I don't know what's happened to him. He used to be so precise and clinical.

Also, it pains me to say it but Zlatan is completely useless. I hope he understands that at the end of this season he should retire, or do his own thing elsewhere whatever.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 1 2022, 04:36 PM) *
Rebic brings a lot of vivacity and high pressing, but his final product is so sh*t, probably the worst player in that aspect. I don't know what's happened to him. He used to be so precise and clinical.

Also, it pains me to say it but Zlatan is completely useless. I hope he understands that at the end of this season he should retire, or do his own thing elsewhere whatever.

Rebic creates chaos for our opponents because of his pressing, his final product has taken a hi but he's been out practically all season injured. Rebic at the start of this season was our best attacker, but sadly the season has turned out as it did for him. He's still much more useful than Messias or Alexis. And that's the point here. These are 3 finals. We have to play our best 11. There's no need for rotation, just get the job done, and make it as easy on ourselves as possible, and that comes by playing your best players.

Zlatan is just not match fit at this point, probably never will be again. I agree that he needs to hang up his boots. Especially if we win the title, he'll have accomplished his ultimate goal with this Milan side which is to get us back to winning.
han2503
Inter won today thanks to a soft penalty.

While we should have been given a penalty today for that foul on Leao and Tonali was blatantly elbowed in the face by a player already on a yellow...

One of the main reasons I'm sh!tting my pants for these last 3 matches is the possibility of refs putting their fingers on the scale one final time for Inter. As if the 7 points already taken off of us this season isn't enough
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.