Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2021/2022 Season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
William405
BENNACERRRR
William405
We are starting to play decent football, again.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Mar 19 2022, 10:10 PM) *
We are starting to play decent football, again.

But we gotta close these games down. Still too many mistakes.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 20 2022, 12:16 AM) *
But we gotta close these games down. Still too many mistakes.

Yes
han2503
Alexis and Messia should have no place on this team come next season. Truly terrible
X-Offender
Calabria. No comment.
han2503
How the F@CK do you not score there?????!!!

FFS!!

So wasteful
han2503
The amount of clear-cut chances we've p!ssed away between Napoli, last week and today is becoming a big worry for me
han2503
F@cking Saelamakers!!!

Dribbling for no reason and losing the ball!! Almost conceded off of that
han2503
3 huge points

WE MOVE!!
X-Offender
WTF happened there in the end???
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 19 2022, 10:39 PM) *
WTF happened there in the end???

What?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 19 2022, 10:40 PM) *
What?

Huge brawl after the ref whistled, one of the biggest I've seen in recent years. Didn't understand the motive.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 20 2022, 12:40 AM) *
What?

Between tomori and the crowd maybe? Big fighting with Maldini egen intervening there.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 19 2022, 10:41 PM) *
Huge brawl after the ref whistled, one of the biggest I've seen in recent years. Didn't understand the motive.

BT cut off

Didn't see anything

People saying crowd racially abused Tomori at the end...
X-Offender
Anyway, we were so fucking lucky to be saved by the post there in the end. It would have been mind-blowing not winning this game after creating so many chances. Once again, we piss away any conceivable chance to score. Calabria's is the symbol of them all. One-on-one vs the goal, passes the ball to the keeper.

Thank f*ck for our defensive solidity, cos otherwise we would never be winning any of these games.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 19 2022, 10:42 PM) *
BT cut off

Didn't see anything

People saying crowd racially abused Tomori at the end...

Yes, racist chants there in the end. Shameful.
William405
Anyway, fucking crucial 3 points. We are just lacking a lot of quality at the moment. There were some very nice proactive moves from the team. But, the final touch and the general quality is lacking in the attacking phase. If we can get Diaz, Rebic, Ibra in form for the next 8-9 games, we can do this. Also, I wonder what is going on with Ibra, has he not recovered still? He's only getting 5 min per game.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Mar 19 2022, 10:48 PM) *
Anyway, fucking crucial 3 points. We are just lacking a lot of quality at the moment. There were some very nice proactive moves from the team. But, the final touch and the general quality is lacking in the attacking phase. If we can get Diaz, Rebic, Ibra in form for the next 8-9 games, we can do this. Also, I wonder what is going on with Ibra, has he not recovered still? He's only getting 5 min per game.

Rebic brought incredible energy there in the end. Everything that was lacking with Leao, who was abysmal tonight.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 19 2022, 10:47 PM) *
Anyway, we were so fucking lucky to be saved by the post there in the end. It would have been mind-blowing not winning this game after creating so many chances. Once again, we piss away any conceivable chance to score. Calabria's is the symbol of them all. One-on-one vs the goal, passes the ball to the keeper.

Thank f*ck for our defensive solidity, cos otherwise we would never be winning any of these games.

This game should have been a 4-1 win minimum!

Giroud
Diaz
Calabria
Rebic
Alexis

All with huge chances that they either p!ssed away or were somehow cleared. We need to be far more clinical

I know we're winning and this is basically how Juve scrapped away at least 5 of their 9 consecutive titles. But this just grates on me because we played decently and most importantly created the chances. The sheer lack of quality behind the striker is just painful at this point! When we're within touching distance of winning this thing but we're playing Russian roulette with it.

Pioli needs to take his head out of his @ss while he still can. We cannot keep using Messias/Alexis on that right side. They've become such a huge liability to the attacking phase of our game. I do not understand why he keeps insisting on it. Rebic should play there or we go with a flat 4-3-3 and move Diaz out there. I'm sure he'll get much more joy playing on the wing than in the centre of the pitch where it is congested and he gets out-muscled easily

han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Mar 19 2022, 10:48 PM) *

Diaz came out much better in the 2nd half and he basically created that goal with his movement. He's lacking so much in confidence. He just needs that goal and today he had one set up on a plate and couldn't take the chance.

Don't know re Ibra. Pioli must be hesitant given his fitness issues. But this game was crying for him earlier. Pioli really needs to be a bit more pro-active

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 19 2022, 10:50 PM) *
Rebic brought incredible energy there in the end. Everything that was lacking with Leao, who was abysmal tonight.

Rebic is like a caged animal atm. We need to start using him from the start of games. It's pointless bringing him on for these short spells

Leao was isolated and for some stupid reason we were playing through our right side all night. A right side that would basically belong in a relegation battling side.
han2503
It feels like Inter keep getting all the refereeing breaks going their way. I know they say things even out over the course of a season but this is not normal how many terrible errors happen to go their way

That non-penalty against Torino was egregious enough. Now against Juve, Lautaro 100% should not be on that pitch after nearly leaving Locatelli without an eye and then that ridiculous penalty... Just ridiculous how this league has been reffed all season.

At this point the title race has been badly influenced by refereeing to the point where the scale has tipped things over far too much
Rossoneri7
Napoli and inter will have a boost in confidence given their results from last night. They will be on a sprint to the end.

Milan must not loose nor draw from now till the end to win this, if a draw or loss comes about, it will hit the confidence of these players real hard.

Heres to hoping!

One game at a time lads!
han2503
Messias needs to be yanked off the pitch by his nose FFS!!!!

I cannot take watching him play for Milan anymore. This is not a Milan caliber player, but a Serie B one. The fact we're in a close title race and we relying on him to start makes my blood boil!!!

This game is calling for Ibra to sit Medel down. Giroud is taking the p!ss with so many flicks it's beyond annoying, why are we not arrowing the ball at his head?? It's just baffling why we also keep trying to play through the right side...
han2503
That 4th kit is vomit inducing btw

I really want to know who came up with that sh!t shirt. He should be fired on the spot
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 4 2022, 11:39 PM) *
That 4th kit is vomit inducing btw

I really want to know who came up with that sh!t shirt. He should be fired on the spot

Dont like it at all!

But apparently the club racked in more merchandise income from this kit in 24 hours than it did in the 24 hours proceeding the summer transfer window.

Think that is what counts when it comes to these kits. Otherwise i definitely prefer the red and black. On this note, i miss Galliani?s superstition in finals where Milan are to be groomed in all whites sad.gif
han2503
Unbelievable how we keep f@cking up these sorts of games...

The attacking department just letting the rest of the team down now

Zlatan not match fit, Giroud is more occupied with making pretty flick-ons, Leao kept slipping and sliding and tripping over his own feet, Messias, no words required. And Rebic is lacking so much sharpness that it's getting worrying at this point

This has been coming, the fact that Pioli doesn't just start with at least his most competent attackers from the first minute and wastes the first half on a f@cking delivery man is the tip of the iceberg. We've been struggling to score goals for weeks now, Bennacer and Kalulu won't save you every week with a wonder goal.

We've got a ridiculously tough stretch of games heading our way now, we still hold our own fate, but we will not win the title playing like this. Pioli also making a mistake tonight taking off Bennacer. Our best midfielder. Zlatan should have come on for Brahim who went missing in the 2nd half, especially if the entire gameplan was to revolve around hitting crosses into the box. Giroud and Zlatan should have both been on the pitch
Rossoneri7
33 shots fired the most since 04/05 according to Opta stats - from their tweet - (AC Milan have fired 33 shots tonight against Bologna, their most without finding the net in a single Serie A game since Opta started to collect this kind of data)

The game was one where if Milan didnt find the early goal, the game gets closed down real fast.

I just hope the team dont get demotivated, as it is a fragile state where they are with such fierce competition on their heals ?

But I loved the atmosphere at San Siro, the crowd showed immense support, which is what this team needs in such times.

If Milan do pull it off, the Scudetto, it will be one of the most intense season finals in Europe! If they don?t then they have done something extraordinary altogether. This is a team that was patched together and gelled into what we see today. Cant complain.

Forza Milan!
Danny
This is my fault. For coming back on here. I apologise.
X-Offender
Messias, Brahim, Leao, Giroud, Zlatan, Rebic, all trash. Not a semblance of a decent striker. The whole attack needs a massive revamp this summer.

PS: Leao is massively overrated. The only good thing he can do is beat players with this pace, but he's embarrassing in everything else. He stumbles on his feet, awkward, slow, missplaces every touch. Top player my foot.
Rossoneri7
Carlo Ancelotti 2-1 up at Stanford Bridge.

I remember Milan had 7 CL trophies while Madrid 10. Today I look at their sleeve and it reads 13.

Madrid went from 4 CL difference to almost double that of Milan.

Times are definitely different. This forum has certainly aged since those days.
Rossoneri7
inter 2 up on Verona, Napoli face Fiorentina tomorrow (Napoli most definitely have an obvious edge), while Milan go to Torino.

Torino gave inter problems, so I dont think it will be a given Milan will walk away with 3 points. Its the goal, but not a given.

Seems as though this Scudetto will elude Milan.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 9 2022, 06:49 PM) *
inter 2 up on Verona, Napoli face Fiorentina tomorrow (Napoli most definitely have an obvious edge), while Milan go to Torino.

Torino gave inter problems, so I dont think it will be a given Milan will walk away with 3 points. Its the goal, but not a given.

Seems as though this Scudetto will elude Milan.

If we had a proper attack we'd have run away wit this a long time ago.

So frustrating
Rossoneri7
Milan is missing a lot of players.

Torino are no pushovers, they drew with Juve and inter also lost to Fiorentina.

It sounds like a cliche saying all remaining games are important, but all remaining games for Milan are complicated as these teams all have something to play for which makes it paramount from their perspective. Add to that Milan are under so much pressure.
Rossoneri7
Torino closing down the spaces on Milan, gonna be a tight game. An early goal should open things ip, without the early goal, this could be the last week Milan are top of the table
CrazyMilanFan
Mam our bench is shockingly poor.. Mot a single option which we can bring on..
han2503
Our sterile attack is going to cost us the title...

Who knew? rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
I disagree.

Leao may be part of the problem, his irritating way of playing in spurts is certainly not helpful.

But I think Pioli lost it. He lost the team (players not responding or getting better like he used to do with Rebić or Alexis for example) and has no idea other then just sticking to plan A.

Sending Pellegri off and bringing this Serbian kid who is nowhere to be found, betting on Diaz, letting the season start with just Messias and Alexis as RW. No man... it's not Giroud. It's our midfield and creative department that is failing us.

Calabria is also a mediocre captain at best. Tonali needs to get the armband next season.

I'm very disappointed because these 2 seasons were big chances of Milan resurrecting. Inter and Juventus will eventually regain momentum and we'll probably wait another decade for real trophies.
han2503
Sadly, our lack of quality in the attack has cost us. Not just today, but for a good number of games throughout the season

I'm not even p!ssed off about this because I knew before the game we were going to draw this.

For all the good work the management has done, their penny pinching is what has cost us here. And or them it might not be an issue because their goal was always top 4 and not the title. But it's right there for the taking and we can't go for it.

Ibra and Rebic have spent more time on the treatment table this season. The least said about Messias and Alexis the better at this point. I just cannot take either of them anymore. Messias is even more frustrating than Alexis if that could be possible.

Giroud keeps making flick ons to no one. Just bring the ball down and pass it FFS. Why is he trying to be all fancy when no one is running onto the f@cking flicks??

I feel like a lot of our most important players have just run into a wall at this point and they're not performing up to par.

What's most frustrating is that we all know if we had made that ONE move in January for a proper RW we'd have probably gotten the 3 points from some of these draws. And what is concerning is that we don't seem to be looking for RW either and we're not heavily linked to anyone in the position. Which seriously makes me want to lose my sh!t, how can astute people like Paolo watch Messias and Alexis and think any of that is okay for a top 4 sides with aspirations of winning the league?
X-Offender
There's nothing to comment. We have a terrible attack.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 10 2022, 09:47 PM) *
I disagree.

Leao may be part of the problem, his irritating way of playing in spurts is certainly not helpful.

But I think Pioli lost it. He lost the team (players not responding or getting better like he used to do with Rebić or Alexis for example) and has no idea other then just sticking to plan A.

Sending Pellegri off and bringing this Serbian kid who is nowhere to be found, betting on Diaz, letting the season start with just Messias and Alexis as RW. No man... it's not Giroud. It's our midfield and creative department that is failing us.

Calabria is also a mediocre captain at best. Tonali needs to get the armband next season.

I'm very disappointed because these 2 seasons were big chances of Milan resurrecting. Inter and Juventus will eventually regain momentum and we'll probably wait another decade for real trophies.

I disagree re Pioli. You have been saying he's lost the players since last season but this team has kept on going

Pioli has his hands tied. Literally, today he had no options aside from a f@cking delivery driver!!! That is the extent he's been reduced to. We cannot play in the way he wants because he never has a fully fit side available to him. Our right side is literally dead. That is not Pioli's fault when the management passed up on a player like Faivre for a mere 4m only to bring in a Serie B player. Who let's face it, looks like a Serie B player.

I'm not saying Pioli has not made mistakes, he has. And his lack of experience at winning is also part of this as well. But our attacking department is just disgraceful and not good enough for a team with title aspirations.

The creativity in our set-up comes from the 3 behind the striker. Leao has completely gone off the boil and he keeps trying to do everything himself. Diaz is just the invisible man at this point, while the ones that play on the right, I won't even talk about as my blood will start to boil.
Rossoneri7
When you are a young team, one with no pressure you show courage and bring in the results.

When you are a young team, show courage but the pressure of the world rests on your shoulder. You lack the experience to keep the cool head. That is what will cost Milan the title.

I dont consider this season lost nor do I consider it a failure. On the contrary, Milan have exceeded expectations, look at the front line and the support? No potency there.

Milan have 2 points difference, and inter have a game in hand. inter are a team that has the possibility to shoulder the pressure and has the characteristics to win the Scudetto. In contrast to Milan?s young, inexperienced team that implodes under pressure.

We can go around in circles pointing fingers at the attack or Pioli, but the fact remains; a young team incapable of handling the pressure. Would a creative player who can unlock games be the solution? Maybe, but that is hypothetical and not the fact.

P.S. Think we should give this team credit for actually attempting to fight for the Scudetto. CL was always the target and I hope Milan finishes in that position come season end.
X-Offender
No point in arguing and over-analysing matters. We simply have a horrible attack, that's it. And I mean horrible without exaggeration. Our best attacker is the most overrated player in Europe who stumbles on his feet and has no idea how to play proper football. I just hope this charade has made Maldini aware that instead of focusing on Botman and Sanches they should be focusing on signing some bloody decent strikers.
X-Offender
Looks like we are about to be sold to some Bahrein investment fund.
CrazyMilanFan
Great ball and finish
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 15 2022, 04:30 PM) *
Looks like we are about to be sold to some Bahrein investment fund.

Are they rich??
CrazyMilanFan
2-0 messias.

Such a crap game but just that genoa are quite bad.

This second goal hopefully gives a boost though
X-Offender
I don't know how they hope to win the scudetto playing like this, but what can you do. At least we can say we were "fighting" for the title till the end.
X-Offender
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Apr 15 2022, 08:19 PM) *
Are they rich??

No idea.
han2503
Apparently they are backed by some Abu Dhabi fund...

As for the game, that was really horrible. The quality of our play has seriously taken a nose dive and this switch from Pioli of playin the misshapen 4-3-3 with Kessie higher up and then practically out wide getting in Theo's way really makes no sense.

The attack has completely let this team down. Giroud first and foremost is a target man and he's not getting any quality deliveries. The one moment where he had that great opporunity Alexis put the ball behind him. Giroud is a great finisher but he needs service and isn't getting much of anything.

Leao I feel like he's trying too hard. There was a moment in February where we saw what he could really bring to the table if he added that final ball to his game. Now he's just gone back to over-doing it. Trying to dribble 3 players at once. Obviously, other teams know that the left side is our only dangerous area so they double/triple team us there and Theo and Leao are constantly running into wall now. Obviously this is an issue because our ight side is absolutely dead so it's easy for teams to do this.

Tonali I feel has also really taken a dive form-wise. And this is partly the reason why we're seeing such scrappy displays in midfield. He's not putting in the dominant displays he was earlier in the season. Kessie I feel like he's just drifting along. I don't think he should be starting and I certainly don't think he should be made captain anymore. That is an insult to the armband.

One thing we have really fixed is the defensive play. 7 clean sheets in a row now. That at least gives me a bit of hope going into these last 5 games.

Having said all that. Playing this way. I think the title is gone. We're just not Scudetto material right now. We do not have the quality to get us over the line.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.