Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2021/2022 Season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2022, 10:41 PM) *
Inter won today thanks to a soft penalty.

While we should have been given a penalty today for that foul on Leao and Tonali was blatantly elbowed in the face by a player already on a yellow...

One of the main reasons I'm sh!tting my pants for these last 3 matches is the possibility of refs putting their fingers on the scale one final time for Inter. As if the 7 points already taken off of us this season isn't enough

The atmosphere in San Siro today gave chills! The players felt that pressure for sure.

Galliani was also in the stands devil.gif

The atmosphere gave the team one final push to make it across the finish line.

inter have the easy fixtures, Milan have an uphill task. One game at a time, add to that ref bias and you have a real complex situation. But one game at a time!
X-Offender
Inter play on Friday at home to Empoli because they have the Coppa final in mid-week next week. We play Verona on Sunday night. The pressure this time will be on us, because Inter will get 3 easy points no doubt.

I'm not somebody who believes in this kind of stuff, but we've already lost the scudetto twice by losing to Verona in the last couple of weeks (in 1973 and 1989), which has given rise to the famous 'Fatal Verona' epithet. unsure.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 1 2022, 08:51 PM) *
The atmosphere in San Siro today gave chills! The players felt that pressure for sure.

Galliani was also in the stands devil.gif

The atmosphere gave the team one final push to make it across the finish line.

inter have the easy fixtures, Milan have an uphill task. One game at a time, add to that ref bias and you have a real complex situation. But one game at a time!

Agreed. I can't see where Inter drop points in the next 3 games. We just have to concentrate on our games. Just win the next 2. It will make everything a bit easier going into that final game against Sassuolo

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 2 2022, 11:39 AM) *
Inter play on Friday at home to Empoli because they have the Coppa final in mid-week next week. We play Verona on Sunday night. The pressure this time will be on us, because Inter will get 3 easy points no doubt.

I'm not somebody who believes in this kind of stuff, but we've already lost the scudetto twice by losing to Verona in the last couple of weeks (in 1973 and 1989), which has given rise to the famous 'Fatal Verona' epithet. unsure.gif

Yeah, the history is ominous against Verona. We just need to play our best 11 and try to play our high pressing game. No slow possession BS against Verona.

Inter will win on Friday, no question about that, so the pressure will be on us because they'll be first in the table at the end of the day. We just have to make sure we don't let it get to us. Which is easier said then done. I think we're slightly better when we're chasing rather than defending the lead, so that's a small bright side of it if you want to take that
X-Offender
The only game where Inter could drop points is the Cagliari one, considering they're in a desperate relegation battle at the moment. Mazzarri just got sacked. But Empoli and Sampdoria should be walks in the park.
han2503
Inter have the Coppa final between Empoli and Cagliari so there is hope for them dropping points. Obviously it's a remote chance still... But I thought they'd win easily at Bologna so what do I know?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 4 2022, 05:54 PM) *
Inter have the Coppa final between Empoli and Cagliari so there is hope for them dropping points. Obviously it's a remote chance still... But I thought they'd win easily at Bologna so what do I know?

I think the best way to go about this is assume inter win all their remaining games by default. Milan take it one game at a time, giving it their best in ever remaining game. If inter do drop points, which is possible but highly unlikely, then Milan get a nice cushion for the final game.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 4 2022, 08:48 PM) *
I think the best way to go about this is assume inter win all their remaining games by default. Milan take it one game at a time, giving it their best in ever remaining game. If inter do drop points, which is possible but highly unlikely, then Milan get a nice cushion for the final game.

Yes of course you're right there.

But knowing this group of players and how sometimes we tend to go up and down a bit with our performances, I do think we need Inter to draw one of those games to make it over the finish line. Don't know, just a bad feeling that we're going to lose points in more than one game of the remaining 3

Cagliari now officially in the relegation zone, so hopefully they're fighting for their lives when they face Inter
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 5 2022, 07:22 PM) *
Cagliari now officially in the relegation zone, so hopefully they're fighting for their lives when they face Inter

This Sunday there's Salernitana-Cagliari. If Salernitana win and they also win their next game (which they play before Cagliari), then Cagliari could very well go into the Inter match already officially relegated.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 5 2022, 07:51 PM) *
This Sunday there's Salernitana-Cagliari. If Salernitana win and they also win their next game (which they play before Cagliari), then Cagliari could very well go into the Inter match already officially relegated.

F@ck it! We just have to do the business ourselves

Look at today's sh!tshow FFS!!

Barella clear foul leading up to the equalizer, should have even been a yellow, a clear dive for a penalty as well so on top of that he should have been sent off

Last week it was a soft pen against Udine. The BS against Toro, and many other incidents which have helped them along this season, while we've been screwed over for 7 points.

Just unacceptable. This league is f@cking corrupt!
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 6 2022, 07:56 PM) *
F@ck it! We just have to do the business ourselves

Look at today's sh!tshow FFS!!

Barella clear foul leading up to the equalizer, should have even been a yellow, a clear dive for a penalty as well so on top of that he should have been sent off

Last week it was a soft pen against Udine. The BS against Toro, and many other incidents which have helped them along this season, while we've been screwed over for 7 points.

Just unacceptable. This league is f@cking corrupt!

Oh come man, Inter completely destroyed them. So, so many chances created. Foul or not they were going to win it. Empoli's defense were unwatchable.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 6 2022, 09:50 PM) *
Oh come man, Inter completely destroyed them. So, so many chances created. Foul or not they were going to win it. Empoli's defense were unwatchable.

It is still an instance where for some reason they got a favorable call. And that's during an important moment in the game. You cannot say that they wouldn't have started to panic if they went into the half a goal down.

The facts are there for all to see. This title race has been severely influenced by refereeing errors. All of which have gone one way
X-Offender
Yes, this title race has been severely influenced by refereeing errors, namely:

1) Disallowed Messias goal in Milan-Spezia
2) Udinese handball goal in Milan-Udinese
3) Disallowed Kessie goal in Milan-Napoli
4) Penalty not given to Torino at 1-0 in Torino-Inter

That is potentially 9 points of difference between us and Inter that refs have taken. Let us be a bit more pragmatic and call it 5 points. Considering the actual 2 point gap as well (until this week), that's 7 points. The scudetto would have been ours. Undoubtedly.

Everything else has been circumnstancial. Yes, in the doubt Inter always get calls in their favour, unlike us, but it's part of the game. So, I won't cling on yesterday's calls and deny Inter's crushing win. That would be nitpicking and unsportsmanlike. It'd be the same as Inter saying Giroud fouled Sanchez in the derby or Tonali pushed Acerbi in the Lazio match.
X-Offender
I have a bad feeling about tonight...
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 7 2022, 05:22 PM) *
Yes, this title race has been severely influenced by refereeing errors, namely:

1) Disallowed Messias goal in Milan-Spezia
2) Udinese handball goal in Milan-Udinese
3) Disallowed Kessie goal in Milan-Napoli
4) Penalty not given to Torino at 1-0 in Torino-Inter

That is potentially 9 points of difference between us and Inter that refs have taken. Let us be a bit more pragmatic and call it 5 points. Considering the actual 2 point gap as well (until this week), that's 7 points. The scudetto would have been ours. Undoubtedly.

Everything else has been circumnstancial. Yes, in the doubt Inter always get calls in their favour, unlike us, but it's part of the game. So, I won't cling on yesterday's calls and deny Inter's crushing win. That would be nitpicking and unsportsmanlike. It'd be the same as Inter saying Giroud fouled Sanchez in the derby or Tonali pushed Acerbi in the Lazio match.

I really don't care about sportsmanship at this point when we could be robbed of the title. Those 5 points would make us virtual champions at this point. It is just not acceptable anymore how this title race has been so severely influenced in one way

Had the refs been sh!t for everyone, I would accept it. But I literally cannot recall one single instance going against Inter this season. The only slight doubt was that pen against Juve, which imo, going how pens have been given willy nilly throughout the season, was correct

Tonali has been possessed so far.

Kessie needs to be hauled out. Worst player on the pitch, which is quite the feet when Alexis is on there as well.

Pioli needs to play his hand early. Bring in Rebic for Alexis ASAP.

We need to close this out
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 8 2022, 07:19 PM) *
I have a bad feeling about tonight...

Same, but that goal gave me the belief.
han2503
Krunic surprisingly good as well. Doing much more than Diaz has been lately
X-Offender
Theo, Kessie and Giroud have been abysmal. We need to increase the intensity and not let Verona to counter because they're devastating when they do.
han2503
Calabria brain farting on the goal as well. Alexis needs to drop back and help him better. Verona are a good attacking side we need to watch it
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 8 2022, 08:43 PM) *
Theo, Kessie and Giroud have been abysmal. We need to increase the intensity and not let Verona to counter because they're devastating when they do.

Agreed

Grioud always with the f@cking flick ons. So annoying when he should be doing better with the hold up

Theo just not in it at all. Seems clumsy

Kessie has just been chasing shadows.
X-Offender
Rebic needs to come in as CF and Bennacer instead of Kessie. Massive improvement.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 8 2022, 08:46 PM) *
Rebic needs to come in as CF and Bennacer instead of Kessie. Massive improvement.

I'd hold a bit with Bannacer. We might need to switch to a 3 and take off Krunic. Rebic absolutely should come on. I don't think he'll use him upfront though...
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 8 2022, 08:41 PM) *
Krunic surprisingly good as well. Doing much more than Diaz has been lately

Saelemaekers has been overall decent as well. Obviously expectations are very low with him.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 8 2022, 08:49 PM) *
Saelemaekers has been overall decent as well. Obviously expectations are very low with him.

Lol, agreed!
han2503
TONALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
han2503
GET IN!!!

Just put them to the sword on the counter now

Leao and Tonali incredible tonight
William405
Leaooooo
han2503
Alexis really coming through today, have to say
CrazyMilanFan
Messias for Alex.. I think but tok early for this as alex was playing well today
William405
We're getting a bit lazy there..
han2503
Theo and Calabria man....

They have been killing us. Calabria keeps getting beaten 1v1

Theo keeps making dumbass choices
han2503
Theo looks completely off today. What is wrong with him??
han2503
FLORENZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
X-Offender
YES!!!!

Massive, massive 3 points. And what a performance. Save a few brain farts from Theo and Calabria, the lads really came through. Let's do this!
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 8 2022, 09:44 PM) *
YES!!!!

Massive, massive 3 points. And what a performance. Save a few brain farts from Theo and Calabria, the lads really came through. Let's do this!

Incredible performance overall. Theo and Calabria with head scratchers. Kalulu and Tomori once again impeccable to make up for them

Inter have t relegation battlers coming up, let's hope Cagliari can put something up against them to we can close this thing out next Sunday!
han2503
Tonali on his birthday with a performance of a senatore.

This kid has it.
han2503
Pioli was excellent as well tonight. Played it perfectly
CrazyMilanFan
Great result.. Next is atlanta for us i am sure they will give everything against us
William405
I can't believe we might win the Scudetto
han2503
That rat Gasperini will be foaming at the mouth to derail us.

We have the chance to take this full circle. After that 5-0 when he danced and acted like the low class pos he is, to next Sunday when we can take one of our final steps to the title
han2503
If we could bring in someone similar to Leao on that right side, we'll be golden
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 8 2022, 09:46 PM) *
Inter have t relegation battlers coming up, let's hope Cagliari can put something up against them to we can close this thing out next Sunday!

That 99th minute goal today from Cagliari is fundamental, otherwise they could have been relegated next weekend before they played their game. Now everything is still open and Cagliari will give their souls against Inter.

And we're also facing an Atalanta aiming the EL, but they've won only 4 games out of 17 in the second half of the season. They are very, very beatable. If we put another performance like tonight we'll get the 3 points.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ May 8 2022, 09:52 PM) *
I can't believe we might win the Scudetto

It's quite unbelievable. So, so many times during this season I gave up hope, be it due to poor displays or results. But we were lucky Inter also dropped points. Before the February derby we were 7 points behind Inter, and until the 75th minute we were -10. The title race would have virtually been over, but that Giroud brace literally brought us back to life.

But what's more reinvigorating is the fact we haven't won it in 11 years! All of us here had to endure that 2013-2019 shitty banter era of pure mediocrity. All those 7th and 10th places. It took very, very long, but it feels good to be fighting for the title again. If we somehow screw it up in the end it would be the biggest disappointment for me after Istanbul.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 10 2022, 08:55 PM) *
It's quite unbelievable. So, so many times during this season I gave up hope, be it due to poor displays or results. But we were lucky Inter also dropped points. Before the February derby we were 7 points behind Inter, and until the 75th minute we were -10. The title race would have virtually been over, but that Giroud brace literally brought us back to life.

But what's more reinvigorating is the fact we haven't won it in 11 years! All of us here had to endure that 2013-2019 shitty banter era of pure mediocrity. All those 7th and 10th places. It took very, very long, but it feels good to be fighting for the title again. If we somehow screw it up in the end it would be the biggest disappointment for me after Istanbul.

Nah, nothing will ever come close to that

This group of players and Pioli have done so well that we tend to forget where we come from. It was 2019 when we were absolutely demolished by Atalanta. Pioli had only been on the job for a few months at the time. But that was a perfect snapshot of our entire banter era perfectly captured within 90 minutes. And just a few months before that we started out the season with Gianpaolo a lost to Udine on the first day. We have a come a long long way in such a short amount of time imo. And if we were to lose this title, I will still be immensely proud of the entire team and staff. We have the much more difficult run-in, we've been screwed over so many times, I've lost count while Inter have had a lot of favorable calls, so much so, that they are currently the difference between us already being crowned champions. We've had so many injury issues, plus covid cases it was ridiculous at one point. That is why when we played that derby in February it was nearly a foregone conclusion that Inter would retain their title. But we've soldiered through it all and 2 more games stand between us and this thing.

So no matter what happens, I'm immensely proud of this team. The future is bright for the red half of Milan anyway, if we don't win this season, we'll do it next. Inter are the ones on the downward trajectory with no hope of things improving anytime soon, not us
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 12 2022, 02:32 PM) *
Nah, nothing will ever come close to that

I said second biggest disappointment after Istanbul. Right now it's La Coruna, but this one could topple it.

I agree nothing comes close to Istanbul. Istanbul has left me with PTSD. That is why I find it hard to be optimistic at times, such as right now, when most Milan fans seem so sure we'll win the scudetto. But after witnessing that final I know anything, and I mean ANYTHING is possible in football.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 12 2022, 03:29 PM) *
I said second biggest disappointment after Istanbul. Right now it's La Coruna, but this one could topple it.

I agree nothing comes close to Istanbul. Istanbul has left me with PTSD. That is why I find it hard to be optimistic at times, such as right now, when most Milan fans seem so sure we'll win the scudetto. But after witnessing that final I know anything, and I mean ANYTHING is possible in football.

Yeah, that's why I said 'come close'. It's Istanbul 1. After 100 everything else. That night scarred me for life. I still remember the day as if it was yesterday.

Aside from Istanbul, these past 10 years as a Milan fan have scarred me as well, and that is why I cannot trust this until it is mathematically ours. And it is the reason why I will still be proud of this team even if we don't win it and it will be hugely disappointing. And until we win something of significance again and get over this last hurdle out of our banter era, I will always be hesitant to be sure of anything, especially in football as you so rightly said there.
X-Offender
So, apparently Gasperini is preparing this match like a final cos he nurtures a strong disdain towards us and wants to make us lose the scudetto at all cost. He won't participate in tomorrow's press conference, and Atalanta have been training behind closed doors.

Little sh*t. The most irritating and despicable coach in Serie A. I really hope we give him a good lesson on Sunday that he'll never forget.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 13 2022, 05:08 PM) *
So, apparently Gasperini is preparing this match like a final cos he nurtures a strong disdain towards us and wants to make us lose the scudetto at all cost. He won't participate in tomorrow's press conference, and Atalanta have been training behind closed doors.

Little sh*t. The most irritating and despicable coach in Serie A. I really hope we give him a good lesson on Sunday that he'll never forget.

Cannot stand him.

Let's just send him packing on Sunday
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 13 2022, 05:08 PM) *

Btw, just this fact alone should be enough to light a fire under our player's @sses.
Rossoneri7
Tomorrows fixture will be nothing short of a war. Atalanta have nothing to loose and no pressures. Milan have it all to loose plus pressure.

The team will have to play the best game ever if they are to salvage a draw or win from this fixture.

If the inevitable happens, I shall remain very proud of these lads and this team.

Forza Milan!
X-Offender
Atalanta actually do have a lot to lose: access to Europe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.