Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2021/2022 Season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
Fillipo Simone
On a side note:

- Pioli also did not help; we started losing this game when we gave up playing with dynamism. Leao (as usual) did not manage to stay consistently good, while Alexis was taken off prematurely. But Pioli failed to react and once again created even more confusion with adding Giroud to Ibra.

- our set piece taking is horrible; not a single corner Theo and Messias took made any difference bar exposing us to counters/forcing us to foul.

- something happened to Bakayoko; this is not the same player who played with Milan two years ago. Not that he was Gattuso back then, but his awfulness is on a completely different level.

-
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 17 2022, 09:02 PM) *
Messias man, he played for, what, 30-35 minutes? A complete disaster. The guy combines decent games like against Roma with Serie C performances like tonight.

Serves us right to sign a player like him instead of getting a quality RW.

He's terrible

Never liked the move from the moment it happened. The Atletico goal really gave him lots of miles but this little fairytale story should end at the end of the season. Just not good enough

The club needs to finally be serious and invest on that RW and AM position. Not to mention the added headache of finding a striker to replace Zlatan
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 17 2022, 09:51 PM) *
On a side note:

- Pioli also did not help; we started losing this game when we gave up playing with dynamism. Leao (as usual) did not manage to stay consistently good, while Alexis was taken off prematurely. But Pioli failed to react and once again created even more confusion with adding Giroud to Ibra.

- our set piece taking is horrible; not a single corner Theo and Messias took made any difference bar exposing us to counters/forcing us to foul.

- something happened to Bakayoko; this is not the same player who played with Milan two years ago. Not that he was Gattuso back then, but his awfulness is on a completely different level.

-

The Alexis sub is what really put us under pressure and it was needless at that point since we were winning and creating chances still we arguably got worse in attack with Messias in

The set-pieces were awful for sure. I don't understand why we keep putting in corners in those tight angles at the near post. Nothing ever happens.

Bakayoko is just not the kind of player Pioli is asking him to be. He was great with us playing as an anchor. Winning the ball and just releasing it. He's also a player that needs consistency and to know that he's valued. Gattuso gave him all of that during his first stint. He was an important player in the side who played practically every match during the 2nd part of the season. He played a role he'd comfortable playing and he was appreciated a lot by the fans for some really good performances. Since then he's had a terrible time in various clubs. It's only helped to destroy his confidence even more
han2503
https://twitter.com/i/status/1483164821260492803

Watching this back now makes it even worse, as the whistle literally goes as Messias is shooting. Not immediately as the foul on Rebic happens
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 17 2022, 09:50 PM) *
Click

This here is a perfect representation of our season so far. D'Ambrosio yesterday literally plays volleyball on the line and nothing.

Us on the other hand have been screwed over so many times this season that I feel completely deflated at this point. Add all the injury and Covid problems and I'm starting to worry about top 4 now as well with the way things are going.

From the ridiculous call for offside against Giroud while on the ground and not playing the ball against Napoli, to today's robbery. No we have not been great all the time. There are various reasons for that and we've soldiered on with all the problems. But now not only the internal problems we've lost points directly because of refereeing. In any other universe where this game was reffed by someone who is not an utter moron, we would have won. Maybe not the prettiest win, but a win non-the-less and we'd have gone top of the table. Now the entire chasing pack for CL places are 3 points closer to us as they all won aside from Atalanta.

I'm very curious about what the club can legally do re today's game as there was a clear error which effected the match result. We have to start throwing our weight around more and stop being classy pushovers at this point

Anyway, off to bed as tomorrow is another early day. Just an utter demoralizing day. And watching everything Inter touch turn to gold at this point makes it all the more worse.

What do they call it, luck of the strongest? Let's face it, Inter are far superior and deserve to win the league. That extra-push for the title was necessary so we could remain concentrated till the end, but if the scudetto race is over by March I'm afraid we'll start losing points left and right like last year and risk the top 4 placement.

We try, I'm not going to deny it. With the roster we have, and with the injuries we have, we do try. We're second place after all. But it's just not good enough. Especially in terms of squad depth. I'm sure with Kjaer, Tomori, Tonali, Bennacer and Kessie we would have won this. But take out a few players and there's nothingness. Just a bunch of garbage players that do not deserve to wear this shirt.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 17 2022, 10:03 PM) *
https://twitter.com/i/status/1483164821260492803

Watching this back now makes it even worse, as the whistle literally goes as Messias is shooting. Not immediately as the foul on Rebic happens

Unvelievable. This cannot happen at such levels. Who even picks these refs???
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 17 2022, 09:51 PM) *
On a side note:

-

+1000000
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 17 2022, 10:07 PM) *
What do they call it, luck of the strongest? Let's face it, Inter are far superior and deserve to win the league. That extra-push for the title was necessary so we could remain concentrated till the end, but if the scudetto race is over by March I'm afraid we'll start losing points left and right like last year and risk the top 4 placement.

We try, I'm not going to deny it. With the roster we have, and with the injuries we have, we do try. We're second place after all. But it's just not good enough. Especially in terms of squad depth. I'm sure with Kjaer, Tomori, Tonali, Bennacer and Kessie we would have won this. But take out a few players and there's nothingness. Just a bunch of garbage players that do not deserve to wear this shirt.

Inter might have a better overall squad. But their luck is just that. The only bad call they've gotten this season is that pen against Juve and even that I wouldn't call a bad call yet they're still bitching about it to this day. They've even ad the audacity to whine at Milan and Napoli fans about injuries because they missed De Vrij for a Month. A single Month!! while we've been in crises mode since the start of the season basically

No covid cases for them while we have covid cases coming out of the wazooo

Now we have the added bonus of refs f@cking us over and costing us big points. These 3 points can be season defining.

Let's not talk about squad depth at this point. The management is at fault for sure there. But we started the season with good depth. When you o down to your 3rd/4th options, you're going t struggle. Tell me at which point did Inter have to resort to playing their 3rd string defensive line. Arguably we've shown much greater strength than they have throughout the course of the season. But there is only so much you can do.

I don't know what will happen now with the rest of the season. I can't even say if we'll show a reaction because we'll still be missing most of our first choice CBs and CDMs. Just really worrying moment during the season.
Fillipo Simone
Winning teams do tend to have luck on their side as well.
X-Offender
I feel like commenting our players for some reason:

Maignan - Another solid performance.

Florenzi - Good overall. He's exactly what you need from a rotation player.

Kalulu - Bad night. I feel that (stupid) yellow conditioned his performance, like in the very end you could see he was afraid to tackle his opponent. Also lost his man on their first goal.

Gabbia - Slow, so slow. In everything. He's a 5th choice defender and it shows.

Theo - Inconsequential. Does the bare minimum and it's not enough. Horrible penalty taken.

Bakayoko - This player is embarrassing to watch. He doesn't even do the bare minimum. Terrible touch of the ball, slow and rusty in his movements, no contribution whatsoever to our attacking phase. Just a fish out of water.

Krunic - What else to say for this player that hasn't been said already. He could do well in a Spezia or Empoli, but he should have no place in the roster of a title-challenging team. Him combined with Bakayoko has been one of the most atrocious things I have seen in the last few years.

Saelemaekers - I thought he was decent overall, nearly scored twice, was always involved. But again, he's just not good enough. The quality simply isn't there.

Brahim - Nothingness.

Leao - As I said during the game, the only driving force of this Milan side. Without him our attacking prowess is miserable.

Zlatan - Meh, I don't wanna criticise him because there's little more you can ask from a 40 year old.

Messias - No comment. Worst player of the match.

Giroud - Not what we needed in the summer, not what we need right now. Sorry Olivier.

Calabria - Good to have him back.

Rebic - Too little time to make an impact but he did more in 10 minutes than Messias in 40.

Pioli - There's little he can do more with the quality he's handed. Should be more demanding to mgmt about the mercato. We can't have such duds starting games for us.
X-Offender
Apparently after the game in the stadium corridors the ref started crying for his error, and Zlatan consoled him.

Now I just feel bad for the guy.
nuh
Italy's consumer watchdog Codacons has announced that it will request Italy's football federation FIGC the repetition of the Milan-Spezia match for the mistake committed by the referee Serra who overturned the fate of the match.

Source is Milanews.it
X-Offender
QUOTE (nuh @ Jan 18 2022, 02:55 PM) *
Italy's consumer watchdog Codacons has announced that it will request Italy's football federation FIGC the repetition of the Milan-Spezia match for the mistake committed by the referee Serra who overturned the fate of the match.

Source is Milanews.it

After the sensational mistake of the referee Serra, many Rossoneri fans have wondered if there is the possibility of repeating yesterday's match between Milan and Spezia. Is it really possible? According to gazzetta.it, the answer is no as we can't even talk about a goal canceled to Messias because the referee's whistle happened before and therefore everything that happened after is as if it never happened. Serra's was not a technical error, but an error in the interpretation of the game (he didn't have to stop the game, but he had to give the advantage).
Fillipo Simone
Ain't gonna happen. I read we got a fine delivered as well. Nice..
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 19 2022, 10:50 AM) *
Ain't gonna happen. I read we got a fine delivered as well. Nice..

Fine? About what? Our behavior was classy. If it had happened to Roma or Napoli they would have deserted the league.
X-Offender
CM: Bennacer faces Kessie with Algeria hanging on ? he could be on the bench vs. Juventus

Here's to hoping.

Edit: Confirmed Algeria out. We'll see if Bennacer will return in time for Juve.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 19 2022, 03:48 PM) *
CM: Bennacer faces Kessie with Algeria hanging on ? he could be on the bench vs. Juventus

Here's to hoping.

Edit: Confirmed Algeria out. We'll see if Bennacer will return in time for Juve.

Thank God for small miracles

They're saying he'll be available as he returns tomorrow (pending negative Covid test of course)

Most outlets saying he'll be on the bench. But if I were Pioli I'd throw him in there. I don't care if he's just returned. We need him in that midfield against Juve. We cannot play against them with Bakayoko or Krunic in that midfield. Bennacer has been training for the past month, it's not like he isn't fit to play. Pioli needs to take some risks at some point.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 20 2022, 08:09 PM) *
Thank God for small miracles

They're saying he'll be available as he returns tomorrow (pending negative Covid test of course)

Most outlets saying he'll be on the bench. But if I were Pioli I'd throw him in there. I don't care if he's just returned. We need him in that midfield against Juve. We cannot play against them with Bakayoko or Krunic in that midfield. Bennacer has been training for the past month, it's not like he isn't fit to play. Pioli needs to take some risks at some point.

Totally. If he's available it would be nonsensical not to play him from the start.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 20 2022, 08:27 PM) *
Totally. If he's available it would be nonsensical not to play him from the start.

Bet my house he'll start on the bench. One of Pioli's big question marks for me is that he's too predictable and cautious. It's one of the things that makes me question whether he can make us take that final step.

Maybe we can have Kessie available for the derby as well.

Too bad they couldn't knock each other out today...
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 20 2022, 10:16 PM) *
Bet my house he'll start on the bench. One of Pioli's big question marks for me is that he's too predictable and cautious. It's one of the things that makes me question whether he can make us take that final step.

Maybe we can have Kessie available for the derby as well.

Too bad they couldn't knock each other out today...

Agreed about Pioli. He never takes any risks and always tries to play it safe, even if playing it safe might not be ideal at all.
han2503
Inter man...

There's luck and then there's their luck!!

First they score after a clear foul that was an elbow to the head. Player goes down with a head injury, they keep playing and ref doesn't whistle. They score. Dzeko clearly elbows the player imo, as can be attested to by the very clear lump that develops right bey the Venezia player's eye following the incident

Then they score in the 90th.

All this against a Covid ridden Venezia side.
Fillipo Simone
Oh man, that was a regular goal on Dzeko, no foul.

But they are lucky as hell. I really wanted them to squander points so a little less pressure is on us tomorrow. But well...

Have you seen Caldara play? At this point, we should just quit jerking around with random names and unreachable targets and recall Caldara.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 22 2022, 08:46 PM) *
Oh man, that was a regular goal on Dzeko, no foul.

But they are lucky as hell. I really wanted them to squander points so a little less pressure is on us tomorrow. But well...

Have you seen Caldara play? At this point, we should just quit jerking around with random names and unreachable targets and recall Caldara.

How is this not a foul?

And the player was clearly down with a head injury following the collision. Ref would have blown the whistle 99% of the time except against their lucky @sses obviously rolleyes.gif

At least if they play like this against us we know we can do damage

Re Caldara. I don't know tbh. Considering his injury history and our track record you just know he'll break down as soon as he steps past the Milanello threshold
X-Offender
Oh come on man, the ball afterwards went to Venezia who cleared it poorly. Crying over Dzeko's foul is an over-exaggeration.

These f*ckers are just lucky. Everything goes their way. I honestly thought they would drop points in the end but of course they have to score in the 90th minute. Of course. Whereas our goal in the 90th minute against Spezia was unjustly disallowed.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 22 2022, 09:49 PM) *
Oh come on man, the ball afterwards went to Venezia who cleared it poorly. Crying over Dzeko's foul is an over-exaggeration.

These f*ckers are just lucky. Everything goes their way. I honestly thought they would drop points in the end but of course they have to score in the 90th minute. Of course. Whereas our goal in the 90th minute against Spezia was unjustly disallowed.

A player was down with a head injury. It does not matter what happens in the aftermath of that or who has the ball. The ref 99% of the time stops play.

And how is that not a foul? Did you see the bump that sprouted out next to his eye from the extended arm of Dzeko?

And why are you debating this anyway. You just said the f@ckers are lucky. That's my entire point!! Everything they touch is turning to gold. Us on the other hand, everything we touch turns to sh!t!

The calls go their way
Injuries are non-existent throughout their squad (except for Sensi, but he's just a lemon)
Covid is apparently repelled by them
They face teams decimated by injuries/covid
They have Ranocchia scoring ridiculous scissor kicks at the death

Honestly, at this rate, I'm expecting a meteor to drop in front of their goal during the derby to stop a goal from going in. ..
Fillipo Simone
Han, in all my life I've seen literary dozens of such goals allowed. It's a regular goal IMO.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 22 2022, 10:56 PM) *
Han, in all my life I've seen literary dozens of such goals allowed. It's a regular goal IMO.

If I could turn it into a scenario where that's Zlatan. You know that's chalked off. Or better yet, immediately whistled because the player is down with a head injury
han2503
Oh and btw Fillip, re the CB situation

Do you really think we'll get anyone at this point?

If we didn't get anyone at the beginning of the month, I doubt we'll make the effort now when Romagnoli is coming back and Tomori could be ready for the Inter game

The management played the risk game. Bided their time to see what happens. Now that we're nearing the end of the month, I don't see anyone coming in.

X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 22 2022, 10:54 PM) *
A player was down with a head injury. It does not matter what happens in the aftermath of that or who has the ball. The ref 99% of the time stops play.

And how is that not a foul? Did you see the bump that sprouted out next to his eye from the extended arm of Dzeko?

And why are you debating this anyway. You just said the f@ckers are lucky. That's my entire point!! Everything they touch is turning to gold. Us on the other hand, everything we touch turns to sh!t!

The calls go their way
Injuries are non-existent throughout their squad (except for Sensi, but he's just a lemon)
Covid is apparently repelled by them
They face teams decimated by injuries/covid
They have Ranocchia scoring ridiculous scissor kicks at the death

Honestly, at this rate, I'm expecting a meteor to drop in front of their goal during the derby to stop a goal from going in. ..

I didn't say it wasn't a foul, I said nevertheless Venezia reacquired possession of the ball. They could have thrown it out themselves, instead the defender tried a "clever" clearance and gave the ball away.

As Fillipo said, we've seen countless goals like this being allowed. I don't see what the big fuss is about.

When I talked about luck, I meant them winning it in the very end, completely the opposite of what happened to us against Spezia. And all the other stuff you mentioned as well.

Anyway, about tomorrow, I keep reading Bakayoko or Krunic in CM. Seriously Pioli, you're the only one who could do this. Bennacer might not be at the peak of his form right now, but any sane coach would choose a one-legged Bennacer over Bakayoko or Krunic any day of the week. FFS this pisses me off so much!
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 22 2022, 11:35 PM) *
I didn't say it wasn't a foul, I said nevertheless Venezia reacquired possession of the ball. They could have thrown it out themselves, instead the defender tried a "clever" clearance and gave the ball away.

As Fillipo said, we've seen countless goals like this being allowed. I don't see what the big fuss is about.

When I talked about luck, I meant them winning it in the very end, completely the opposite of what happened to us against Spezia. And all the other stuff you mentioned as well.

Anyway, about tomorrow, I keep reading Bakayoko or Krunic in CM. Seriously Pioli, you're the only one who could do this. Bennacer might not be at the peak of his form right now, but any sane coach would choose a one-legged Bennacer over Bakayoko or Krunic any day of the week. FFS this pisses me off so much!

My point was, what does it matter what happened with the Venezia players? A head injury is usually whistled and play is stopped. No matter what the players are doing.

Add to that the obvious contact and it's just a simple nutshell example of how everything comes out smelling like roses for them

X-Offender
Krunic starting rolleyes.gif
han2503
Cannot for the life of me understand this restriction on stadium attendance.

What is the point of limiting the number to 5000 when you have everyone crammed in the same stand??

This is basically hurting clubs financially for no reason
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 23 2022, 08:44 PM) *
Krunic starting rolleyes.gif

Florenzi would have been better there FFS
han2503
Why the f@ck does Messias keep starting these games FFS??

Just not good enough
X-Offender
Krunic and Messias are two non-factors. Absolutely garbage.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 23 2022, 11:30 PM) *

Yes, both should be subbed off. Hopefully we'll see Bennacer and Rebić in.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 23 2022, 09:30 PM) *

Self inflicted handicaps

Pioli needs to put in Rebic and Bennacer immediately next half. No f@cking about waiting for the 60th. Juve are there for the taking FFS. 3 points here will be huge. Losing out because he's too conservative is not acceptable
han2503
Tonali, Brahim and Leao have been good though

Brahim is working exceptionally hard in there and making up for the ghost of Krunic

Defence hasn't been tested. Calabria with some excellent movement
X-Offender
What a 'meh' first half. We should be steamrolling them, yet we've barely created anything. We need more quality Bennacer and Rebic or even Alexis are a must.
Rossoneri7
Such a high tempo, very intense. A pitty Zlatan couldnt continue, but Giroud does give a certain presence in the box.

I disagree on Krunic he is having a very good game in comparison to his previous showings.

First half over, they say the first half is the half of the players and the second half is the half of the coaches. This is where Allegri and Pioli will try to outwit the other.
Fillipo Simone
Yes, sorry for Zlatan. I had a feeling he would have scored.

Hopefully he returns against Inter.
han2503
Messias over-complicated sh!t too much

Everytime he has the ball in good areas he over does it
han2503
Pioli waiting for the 60th to make changes. As usual rolleyes.gif

So frustrating!
han2503
Wtf are we doing??

Doing everything to try NOT to score!!
han2503
Krunic still on rolleyes.gif
han2503
Such a sh!tty performance against a terrible Juve

Seriously p!ssed off

Pioli must take on the blame here.
X-Offender
I could stay here all night talking about how garbage this team is, but what's the point? This is who we are. A team full of mediocre players that are simply not good enough led by a small-time coach that's way out of his depth. I swear, if I hear another one of our players talk about scudetto I'm gonna head over to Milanello and make them eat their own sh*t.
Fillipo Simone
Although I think you're overreacting (steamrolling Juve? With what? Ibra? Giroud? Bare in mind Juve is in better form then us at this point), I agree, this one goes on Pioli.

His decision making was off (again) and too cautious. Rebić should have gone in for Ibra, not Giroud. Giroud is a great player and asset to have, but our team is just not tactically synced with the rest of the team.

Making stupid routine subs like Leao and Diaz off also weakened our attack. I know Leao is inconsistent and tends to get lost in the second half, but why not try keeping the kid for 90 minutes? Why not use Rebić as CF or RW? Why insisting on taking out Diaz when he had a good game finally?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 24 2022, 12:44 AM) *
I could stay here all night talking about how garbage this team is, but what's the point? This is who we are. A team full of mediocre players that are simply not good enough led by a small-time coach that's way out of his depth. I swear, if I hear another one of our players talk about scudetto I'm gonna head over to Milanello and make them eat their own sh*t.

Why are you saying these things?

Yes, Pioli was at fault today. Is he a small-time coach? Maybe, but that's not the problem here.
Our players are garbage? I don't think so. I think our expectations are maybe to high. But surely this (of all teams after 2011) team isn't the one to be called garbage.

And as for the scudetto... I haven't heard our players speaking about the title that much.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 23 2022, 10:47 PM) *
Why are you saying these things?

Yes, Pioli was at fault today. Is he a small-time coach? Maybe, but that's not the problem here.
Our players are garbage? I don't think so. I think our expectations are maybe to high. But surely this (of all teams after 2011) team isn't the one to be called garbage.

Did you watch the game or did you not? You don't agree it was a pitiful, miserable performance worthy of a Cagliari-Sampdoria match?

You talk about expectations, so tell, what are your expectations? Are you satisifed with so little?

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 23 2022, 10:47 PM) *
And as for the scudetto... I haven't heard our players speaking about the title that much.

Yes, they. On various occassions this season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.