Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2021/2022 Season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
han2503
We cannot get a call

Dzeko nearly taking off Leao's shirt and no card
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 7 2021, 09:24 PM) *
We're playing well, we just need to be careful of counter attacks...

I don't understand the decision to play Brahim at the right.

Agreed

I'd move him centraly, bring on Rebic 2nd half

This game is calling for him
han2503
Lucky there

Falling asleep
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 7 2021, 11:34 PM) *
Lucky there

Falling asleep

Yeah, bad few minutes there.
han2503
We're too rushed.

Just need to calm things down
han2503
Inter with the better chances

Brahim wasted out wide, Krunic is a lamp post, not supporting Ibra at all.

Kessie with a huge f@ck up. That's twice now he's cost us in a big game. Don't know man, you're demanding how much now?

Ballo-Toure... At least he cleared that off the line

The first pen was absolute BS though.
X-Offender
FFS we've forgotten how to defend!!! I don't know where to begin.

Stop keep the ball so close to your area when you're surrounded! We conceded against Porto like that, we did the same mistake tonight. Kessie wake up!

The flanks are so exposed. Ballo-Toure has no idea what's going on, Brahim can't help Calabria on the right (look at Barella chance). Their counters are also so deadly every single time. We need to press more and be more careful.

Leao stop holding the ball for so long! One slip up and you pave the way for an Inter counter.

Brahim has been good but the right flank has nothing to do with him.
Fillipo Simone
Kessie? Man, that really wasn't a penalty.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 7 2021, 09:39 PM) *
FFS we've forgotten how to defend!!! I don't know where to begin.

Stop keep the ball so close to your area when you're surrounded! We conceded against Porto like that, we did the same mistake tonight. Kessie wake up!

The flanks are so exposed. Ballo-Toure has no idea what's going on, Brahim can't help Calabria on the right (look at Barella chance). Their counters are also so deadly every single time. We need to press more and be more careful.

Leao stop holding the ball for so long! One slip up and you pave the way for an Inter counter.

Brahim has been good but the right flank has nothing to do with him.

We're just frenetic for no reason

If I didn't know any better I'd think we're the ones 7 points behind these numbnuts

Just too open. Brahim leaving Calabria exposed and on the other side you have Ballo-Toure... Theo's stupidity really costing us here.

Brahim needs to be moved centrally ASAP

Rebic or Alexis should come on on the right
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 7 2021, 09:41 PM) *
Kessie? Man, that really wasn't a penalty.

But why was he f@cking about in the area.

Just invited the ref to whistle, even though it was never a pen. Doing sh!t like that is just not excusable
han2503
As for the left side, I don't know what can be done. Even the Romagnoli option is taken away from us now. If they bring in Correa on that side we're in deep sh!t
X-Offender
We need to stop keeping the ball for so long. Every time we do, Inter press us with 2-3 players, we lose it, and they counter. Every single time. We lack mobility in the center. Krunic has done some great work on Brozovic, but he's a lamp post. Move in Brahim there and play Alexis or Rebic on the right at this point.

We cannot lose this man!
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 7 2021, 09:43 PM) *
We need to stop keeping the ball for so long. Every time we do, Inter press us with 2-3 players, we lose it, and they counter. Every single time. We lack mobility in the center. Krunic has done some great work on Brozovic, but he's a lamp post. Move in Brahim there and play Alexis or Rebic on the right at this point.

We cannot lose this man!

I'd take the draw

We're struggling the way things are going

Alexis needs to come in ASAP. Inter are overloading that side because they can easy Brahim out of it
Fillipo Simone
I really hope we see Alexis come in for Krunić. Ibra is having a off night so far, so we need that true AM in order to be more effective.

Not sure what to say about Ballo-Toure other then rue the day Hernandez got send off (with his incredible poor defending). Maybe we should try Kalulu? Toure made Darmain look like Cafu.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 7 2021, 11:46 PM) *
I'd take the draw

We're struggling the way things are going

Alexis needs to come in ASAP. Inter are overloading that side because they can easy Brahim out of it

Let's go win this one.
han2503
strange changes...

Krunic still in there
han2503
This ref man...
han2503
A fake head injury stops our attack
han2503
Barella having to come off...

If this is long term, that's our biggest win of the night
han2503
We need to do better on the counters FFS!!
han2503
Tonali off FFS???

WHY?? Krunic is invisible FFS
han2503
Tata not wanting to come out for ball is such a problem man
han2503
Have not had a single 50/50 call go our way FFS
han2503
F@@@CCCKKK

Should have scored!!!
han2503
Kessie man...

How do you miss that???
William405
Big mental win in my opinion.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 7 2021, 10:41 PM) *
Big mental win in my opinion.

Bitter taste though. Those misses at the end were criminal

Kessie with the biggest one

That being said, this is a big win for us mentally. We keep Inter at -7, stay level with Napoli.

Also Barella seems to have a hamstring issue, same with Dzeko. Inter have Napoli after the break and they have a lot of south American players, while we have Fiorentina who have their CBs suspended
Fillipo Simone
Could have won this one. But a draw is still fair and also a good result for us.

The refs are seriously getting our heads and nerves.

Pioli made very strange changes. Taking off Leao and especially Tonali was a mistake. Whereas Bakayoko did in 10 minutes more then Krunić all game long. Keeping Krunić that long in the game was a big mistake.
han2503
Only played for 20 minutes today.

Pioli's changes made me scratch my head but they made a difference. Putting in aggressive players like Rebic and Alexis pushed Inter's wingbacks back because they were killing us in the 1st half.

Tonali should have stayed on though, his set-pieces were one of our biggest threats plus he was everywhere in that midfield, would have done better to take out Krunic earlier, who did nothing all game. Pioli's fetish for this dude is disturbing
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 7 2021, 10:45 PM) *
Could have won this one. But a draw is still fair and also a good result for us.

The refs are seriously getting our heads and nerves.

Pioli made very strange changes. Taking off Leao and especially Tonali was a mistake. Whereas Bakayoko did in 10 minutes more then Krunić all game long. Keeping Krunić that long in the game was a big mistake.

The changes were strange, but ultimately worked.

Yes, I agree though. Krunic was the weak link, keeping him in there hurt our game. Bakayoko looked sharp the last 10 minutes, which is good to see seeing as we're going to have to do without Kessie and Benna soon

The changes should have been made at HT

Kalulu was great as well. Should be started ahead of Toure when Theo is not available, the latter is just a liability
han2503
Btw, Hakan very obviously fouled Kessie first. Never had the ball. I simply do not understand how that could ever be given under any circumstance.

I do not want to see any Inter fan whining ever again

Every 50/50 was given to them
X-Offender
Pioli's choice to play Krunic for 80 minutes cost us the win. Had we gone with the usual set up with Brahim and Alexis we'd have won this.

Pioli needs to wake up. He needs to understand that when you play 4-2-3-1 every single role has to be perfect. Perfect. It's a very delicate formation. You cannot "kill" the AM position by playing a dud there simply because you want to press a specific opponent. No. Great coaches do not think like that. Even worse by playing Brahim wide.

Thank f*ck for the draw cos for 30 minutes in the second half they walked all over us and should have scored. Rebic really vitalised our game upfront, and Bennacer gave the team much needed geometry (Tonali was superb though).

Zlatan showcased that he's too old for such high tempo and intensity, but his physical support was very good.

All in all a good result but we could and should have played much better.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 8 2021, 12:44 AM) *
Bitter taste though. Those misses at the end were criminal

Kessie with the biggest one

That being said, this is a big win for us mentally. We keep Inter at -7, stay level with Napoli.

Also Barella seems to have a hamstring issue, same with Dzeko. Inter have Napoli after the break and they have a lot of south American players, while we have Fiorentina who have their CBs suspended

Yeah, sure, I understand. But, at the end of the day, it was an even game that could have gone either way. I think they're at their top form (in contrast to what Moratta said). On the other hand, we are not, with injuries here and there and options lacking. We did well though at the end. We could done so much better with that Saelmakers opportunity.

William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 8 2021, 01:00 AM) *
Pioli's choice to play Krunic for 80 minutes cost us the win. Had we gone with the usual set up with Brahim and Alexis we'd have won this.

Pioli needs to wake up. He needs to understand that when you play 4-2-3-1 every single role has to be perfect. Perfect. It's a very delicate formation. You cannot "kill" the AM position by playing a dud there simply because you want to press a specific opponent. No. Great coaches do not think like that. Even worse by playing Brahim wide.

Thank f*ck for the draw cos for 30 minutes in the second half they walked all over us and should have scored. Rebic really vitalised our game upfront, and Bennacer gave the team much needed geometry (Tonali was superb though).

Zlatan showcased that he's too old for such high tempo and intensity, but his physical support was very good.

Yeah, I understand that position too. But, I think Pioli went into the game with more of a safe aspect. I still think he did a good job with those substiutions and overall the team wasn't setup awfully. Brahim wide was definetly a no-no though. Krunic at AM, I understand the reasoning, but we're not gonna win like that.

Did Hakan celebrate against us?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 7 2021, 11:00 PM) *

This was in a way similar to the Juve game

Pioli tried to make adjustments to the team based on the opponent. We should be doing that. We need to play our game, because we have it in us to beat anyone in the league when at our best. But as you said, this cannot be achieved when the coach thinkers with stuff to adjust to the opponent.

The changes were good, but came all too late. Should have been more pro-active.

Re Ibra, he was not receiving proper support. He was dropping too much into the midfield areas which was problematic for us as Brahim and Leao weren't creating problems by running the channels when he did this.

Inzaghi is a dud at changes as soon as he makes his subs, his team generally suffers this was a hallmark with Lazio and has carried over to Inter, who have a much deeper squad.

In the end we should have finished their sorry @sses but overall we have to admit it was a fair result as they could have easily scored as well.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 7 2021, 11:03 PM) *
Yeah, sure, I understand. But, at the end of the day, it was an even game that could have gone either way. I think they're at their top form (in contrast to what Moratta said). On the other hand, we are not, with injuries here and there and options lacking. We did well though at the end. We could done so much better with that Saelmakers opportunity.

True true.

It's notable that we've had so many personnel issues while Inter have basically had none all season

Theo was such a huge miss today. Brahim being wasted on the right as well, although that's a problem of our own doing.

We are far from our best but we're soldiering on. Inter have no excuses. Should have in theory beat us today considering all the issues we have
William405
But, man, I'm not afraid of this Inter. We can take them dead-on for the Scudetto.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 7 2021, 11:05 PM) *
Yeah, I understand that position too. But, I think Pioli went into the game with more of a safe aspect. I still think he did a good job with those substiutions and overall the team wasn't setup awfully. Brahim wide was definetly a no-no though. Krunic at AM, I understand the reasoning, but we're not gonna win like that.

Yes, the idiota did.

Did you see the insta post before the game?

I swear this mofo has no self awareness.

He has one of his only 2 decent games all season against us though. Have to hand it to him. Because he's been sh!te for them all season aside from that Genoa game
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 7 2021, 11:09 PM) *
But, man, I'm not afraid of this Inter. We can take them dead-on for the Scudetto.

Agreed.

That's why I mentioned Inzaghi, because he's a clear weakness for them and a huge drop off from Conte.

I want to stress how well we have done so far. Not once having a fully fit squad at Pioli's disposal.

Of the top 6 sides, we have already played
- Inter
- Juve
- Roma
- Lazio
- Atalanta

Won 3 drew 2, having played 3 of those away from home.

Napoli have played
- Juve
- Roma

Won 1, drew the other

Inter have played
- Milan
- Juve
- Atalanta
- Lazio

Drew 3, lost 1. They have not won a single one of their big games.

I think this says a lot about our season and how good we've been even through difficult moments

This international break come at a good time for us. Give us time to regroup, get some players back fully fit. I think we'll only have Maignan missing after the break if I am not mistaken

Inter had to take off Barella, Dzeko and Bastoni because of injuries. So let's hope we passed the injury bug onto them
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 7 2021, 11:05 PM) *

han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 7 2021, 11:28 PM) *

F@cker
X-Offender
We need to have a fully fit team if we want to win the scudetto. These injuries are just too much. Rebic made a world of difference when he came in, we've never had him for 3 straight weeks.

We also need to sign at least one quality RW. And maybe even a LB at this point, cos this Ballo-Toure guy is trash.

And we need to address the Kessie situation. He's just not playing well. He's making a lot of mistakes that have cost us dearly.

I'm still for the Benna-Tonali double pivot. I think it can function well because they're not similar. Bennacer is clearly a playmaker, Tonali is not. He's more of a box-to-box guy. But they both run and press the hell out of their opponents. And that's what we need in that midfield. Movement, quick thinking and passing.

Kessie is too slow and very bad at passing. His shots are also mediocre. How the hell did he miss that bounce from Alexis' post???
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 7 2021, 11:35 PM) *
We need to have a fully fit team if we want to win the scudetto. These injuries are just too much. Rebic made a world of difference when he came in, we've never had him for 3 straight weeks.

We also need to sign at least one quality RW. And maybe even a LB at this point, cos this Ballo-Toure guy is trash.

And we need to address the Kessie situation. He's just not playing well. He's making a lot of mistakes that have cost us dearly.

I'm still for the Benna-Tonali double pivot. I think it can function well because they're not similar. Bennacer is clearly a playmaker, Tonali is not. He's more of a box-to-box guy. But they both run and press the hell out of their opponents. And that's what we need in that midfield. Movement, quick thinking and passing.

Kessie is too slow and very bad at passing. His shots are also mediocre. How the hell did he miss that bounce from Alexis' post???

I've been thinking a lot about Renato Sanches as a potential Kessie replacement. He's similar to both Tonali and Benna in the way that he carries the ball, he's a good dribbler, passer, works hard. But he'll also give you the physicality of Kessie.

I agree about Kessie. We need to resolve his situation ASAP. But I don't really like the Benna-Tonali double pivot. I think they leave too many spaces behind them and they don't overpower opposing mids like Kessie does. It's a problem, but I do think Kessie is just not all there right now.

I really do think we need to try to sell him this January if he hasn't signed by then. Losing him for free would be criminal

Man U, Tottenham, both are begging for a player like him. Man U have about a million wingers and AMs, we should try to work out some type of deal with them for someone plus cash, their midfield is so horrible that they would be desperate to get him. Conte would bite someone's arm off to get Frank. If we can't get him to sign then he needs to be given an ultimatum and we have to sell

There's Sanches, there's Kamara in League 1. We can get either of them for a fair price

I don't know who we can get at RW, Faivre would be good, but I don't think he'd be an instant impact player. EPL players would be hard to get as their teams want an arm and a leg for them + cash. Maybe we could poach someone off PSG. I'm sure there are many unhappy players there

Van De Beek at Man U would be a great shout for a backup AM as well. He desperately wants out. If Olly is still there we could have a chance to get him

As for LB, we just need someone dependable who can step in for Theo. Although Kalulu stepped in impressively today
X-Offender
RW for the short time in January has to be Faivre. Guy can also play as AM so he'd be perfect. In the long term in the summer I'd get Antony of Ajax. He's really great. We have to bid for him before his price skyrockets to +50M.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 7 2021, 11:52 PM) *
RW for the short time in January has to be Faivre. Guy can also play as AM so he'd be perfect. In the long term in the summer I'd get Antony of Ajax. He's really great. We have to bid for him before his price skyrockets to +50M.

We're probably already priced out of a player like Antony

We're just not going to make the kind of big money bids that EPL clubs will make so we'll always get priced out for such highly rater players

One thing I do think we'll look for in the RW is that he has to be someone who can put in the work rate as Alexis does. This is why I shed a tear about Chiesa every day ( dramaqueensmil.gif ). He would have been the perfect RW for us. Fast, hard worker, can pitch in on the goals and assists and is as versatile as Rebic on the other side. And Juve got him on that criminal deal as well to rub salt into the wounds. The RW cannot jus be someone like Leao for example, that would throw off the balance of the team
X-Offender
Calf strain for Calabria, will be out for some time. What's new... rolleyes.gif

At least we have Florenzi back. About time Pioli started playing him as RB.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 15 2021, 01:15 PM) *
Calf strain for Calabria, will be out for some time. What's new... rolleyes.gif

At least we have Florenzi back. About time Pioli started playing him as RB.

Every time he goes with the national team he comes back with an injury FFS

Kalulu will be ahead of Florenzi I'm sure, and he's deserved it based on his performances as of late
han2503
Italy dropping into the play-offs...

They have been @ss since returning from the Euros.

Donnarumma making an idiot of himself in practically each game makes it kinda sorta satisfying in a masochistic way.
X-Offender
Watched the second half. Pathetic performance. Serves them right. Mancini as well. No idea how he won the Euros. Mediocre coach.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 15 2021, 10:48 PM) *
Watched the second half. Pathetic performance. Serves them right. Mancini as well. No idea how he won the Euros. Mediocre coach.

That Euros win has gotten to their heads.

I'm an Azzurri fan but Mancini's decisions are seriously mind boggling

I still think they were one of the best teams at the Euros though, they've just been figured out now, and unfortunately, as you said, Mancini is not good enough to change things

Risking not seeing Italy in the World Cop for 12 years now with the way the play-offs are now it's even more difficult. Would be truly sad for such a great footballing nation, but it is a reflection of the rot at the core of Italian football
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.