Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2021/2022 Season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
William405
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 29 2021, 10:58 PM) *
It is isn't it, goes to show TV rights are not even in demand, good for us though biggrin.gif

Yes! biggrin.gif
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 29 2021, 10:41 PM) *
What I have noticed though is that although the intensity is a bit too all over the place at times rather than concentrated, this is probably the fittest the team's looked all year. Last season it was like we never were really able to get to peek physical shape, and all the games kept rolling in non stop. Then the injuries kept happening and we limped through the season.

Now, after a proper pre-season we look much fitter

Let's not forget it's our first time playing in the San Siro with fans since a long time. Players must be hyped up.
X-Offender
Second half of pure administration though we could have easily scored the 5th. I think we still need to work on our end product a lot. Sometimes we move the ball well but then f*ck everything up with the last couple of passes.

Very positive game overall. Giroud was good. I like his movements and touches, and he's shown great desire thus far. I remember in an interview he said he still feels like a 20 year old so that's a good thing.

Now NT break, next 3 games will be death. Lazio at home, Liverpool away and Juventus away.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 29 2021, 11:44 PM) *
Second half of pure administration though we could have easily scored the 5th. I think we still need to work on our end product a lot. Sometimes we move the ball well but then f*ck everything up with the last couple of passes.

Very positive game overall. Giroud was good. I like his movements and touches, and he's shown great desire thus far. I remember in an interview he said he still feels like a 20 year old so that's a good thing.

Now NT break, next 3 games will be death. Lazio at home, Liverpool away and Juventus away.

Wow, the next three games will be tough, but also exciting. Forza Milan!
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 29 2021, 09:44 PM) *

Don't have any expectations for that Liverpool game tbh. Just want the 3 points against Lazio and Juve. We should be able to do it imo. Especially with Kessie and Bennacer back; maybe Zlatan too.

How Pioli managed Zlatan and Oli G. will tell us a lot imo

Games are going to be coming in thick and fast after this break. Pioli needs to rotate well to keep everyone happy and in good condition
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 29 2021, 09:46 PM) *
Don't have any expectations for that Liverpool game tbh. Just want the 3 points against Lazio and Juve. We should be able to do it imo. Especially with Kessie and Bennacer back

It's not about having expectations, it's about returning in the CL after 7 years and showing we're still AC Milan. Whether we win, draw or lose is another matter.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 29 2021, 09:47 PM) *
It's not about having expectations, it's about returning in the CL after 7 years and showing we're still AC Milan. Whether we win, draw or lose is another matter.

True, but I'd personally much prefer we concentrate on the two hugely important league games tbh. Liverpool at Anfield is going to be difficult. Obviously I want to see us put in a good and respectable display. I think in the games against Liverpool most especially we have to sit deep and just hit them on the breaks. They struggle against that type of setup as they don't come up against it too often in the EPL

Wouldn't be surprised if Pioli switched to a 3-4-3 or 4-5-1 setup

the worst thing we could do against them is play an open game or try to play a high press
X-Offender
I've noticed that Brahim tends to sort of disappear in the second half. He starts great and with much intensity, but then by the hour mark he's sort of gone AWOL. Probably hasn't the best of stamina I assume.
X-Offender
By the way, looks like the second goal was assigned to Leao. Why? Brahim made the final touch. Like Pippo in Athens. Have the rules changed or something?
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 29 2021, 11:18 PM) *
By the way, looks like the second goal was assigned to Leao. Why? Brahim made the final touch. Like Pippo in Athens. Have the rules changed or something?

Ununtentional deflection and initial shot was on target as per what i read. Although thought this was more for own goals
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2021, 12:11 AM) *
I've noticed that Brahim tends to sort of disappear in the second half. He starts great and with much intensity, but then by the hour mark he's sort of gone AWOL. Probably hasn't the best of stamina I assume.

That's one of the problems we have. Leao tends to disappear as well. Rebić seems completely off as well.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 30 2021, 10:47 AM) *
That's one of the problems we have. Leao tends to disappear as well. Rebić seems completely off as well.

Maybe also cos we dropped the tempo significantly in the second half.

I think Rebic's problem is psychological. He seems very tense. He should be more relaxed and have faith in his abilities.
Fillipo Simone
Sure is. Look what kind of meltdown he achieved with Croatia at the Euro. But he lost immense credit in my book.
CrazyMilanFan
Krunic got injured calf injury, unavailable for even bench for bosnia.

These international breaks and injures are always scary
X-Offender
Fixtures until the NT break in October:

12 Sept - Milan-Lazio
15 Sept - Liverpool-Milan
19 Sept - Juventus-Milan
22 Sept - Milan-Venezia
25 Sept - Spezia-Milan
28 Sept - Milan-Atletico
3 Oct - Atalanta-Milan

Death.
CrazyMilanFan
Giroud is covid positive... No flipping break for us..

Fillipo Simone
Better now then later.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 2 2021, 05:13 PM) *
Better now then later.

Exactly.
X-Offender
Conti, Castillejo and Pellegri not included in the Champions League group stage list by Pioli.
CrazyMilanFan
Read that Tonali had a great game for u21s. Two assists and overall great display. I am looking forward to see him this season. Hopefully will make real progress this season
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 2 2021, 03:13 PM) *
Better now then later.

True, but I hope we don't have similar luck as we did last season with Covid cases... I ready somewhere that our entire squad is vaccinated. Don't know if Giroud was yet or not but we need better luck with Covid and injuries this season. It could easily mean +/- 10 points if we have similar absences as we did last season. Although we do have better depth in midfield and defence this time around.

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 4 2021, 07:27 AM) *
Read that Tonali had a great game for u21s. Two assists and overall great display. I am looking forward to see him this season. Hopefully will make real progress this season

If we have to sell Kessie then he has to be ready. Unfortunately this is how we're going to have to operate for now. We cannot keep players who are demanding astronomical money so their replacement has to always be at the ready.
Rossoneri7
La Gazzetta is running this story that Pioli is amending the formation to acvomidate Tonali, Bennacer and Kessie at the same time, as three midfielders. With each alternating between defense and offense tasks.

Think if this is done, it's a way to ease in Adli into the formation when he returns.

Bakayoko and Krunic as the subs.

P.S. Bakayoko could be the Kessie alternative incase the later is sold/moves on for free.
William405
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 5 2021, 02:26 PM) *
La Gazzetta is running this story that Pioli is amending the formation to acvomidate Tonali, Bennacer and Kessie at the same time, as three midfielders. With each alternating between defense and offense tasks.

Think if this is done, it's a way to ease in Adli into the formation when he returns.

Bakayoko and Krunic as the subs.

P.S. Bakayoko could be the Kessie alternative incase the later is sold/moves on for free.

Interesting, would the formation be a 4-3-3? What would happen to Diaz? Where would he play?
han2503
can't see Pioli actually switching the system. Sure he's trying out different things but he's not going to deviate from something that clearly works for all his players. Just like he's not going to play 4-4-2 with Ibra and Giroud up front
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 5 2021, 02:05 PM) *
can't see Pioli actually switching the system. Sure he's trying out different things but he's not going to deviate from something that clearly works for all his players. Just like he's not going to play 4-4-2 with Ibra and Giroud up front

+1
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 5 2021, 04:42 PM) *
Interesting, would the formation be a 4-3-3? What would happen to Diaz? Where would he play?

Don't think Diaz is instrumental in the formation.

Think the goto tactic is his 4231, but the same could be modified from game to game, and within the modification he could have his 3 midfielders there. OR insert all three players in the 4231.

I find it rather interesting, especially given Adli coming in.
Fillipo Simone
Isn't Adli still at Bordeaux?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 6 2021, 09:28 AM) *
Isn't Adli still at Bordeaux?

Yes.
Fillipo Simone
Well now that this is settled, I don't think Pioli is having Adli in mind when and if he changes our formation. I don't think anyone at Milan is thinking that far ahead.
Rossoneri7
The curva won't be present in Liverpool, as the UK authorities are enforcing strict measure to curtail spread of covid.

As such, the only Milan fans able to attend would be those who reside in the UK, or are on the UK's Green list to enter. (Amber listed countries need to quarantine for 2 weeks in the UK)

So sad. But then again, Italy played the Euro finals in Wembly with 1000 fans from Italy against a stadium with 68000 fans. (but Liverpool are not England and Milan not Italy).
Rossoneri7
Serie A back tomorrow, Lazio will be a tough test ahead of the CL fixture with Liverpool.

One thing in concerned about is rotation and the freshness of debuting against Liverpool two days after the Lazio fixture.
X-Offender
Giroud tested negative to Covid and will return training with the team tomorrow.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 10 2021, 10:14 PM) *
Giroud tested negative to Covid and will return training with the team tomorrow.

Yeah, he won't feature in the Lazio game though.
William405
Juventus lost against Napoli. Atalanta currently losing against Fiorentina.

This Lazio game will be very important for our momentum in the coming games.
X-Offender
Probable line-up: Maignan; Calabria, Tomori, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie, Tonali; Florenzi, Brahim, Leao; Rebic.

Ibra doesn't have the full 90 minutes, so it's probable he'll start from the bench. Bennacer, Kjaer and Alexis will rest due to their national team engagements.

Not too happy with Florenzi as RW, I hope this doesn't become a recurring thing for Pioli. He should be Calabria's back up and only play there if we need more defensive commitment.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 11 2021, 11:51 PM) *
Probable line-up: Maignan; Calabria, Tomori, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie, Tonali; Florenzi, Brahim, Leao; Rebic.

Ibra doesn't have the full 90 minutes, so it's probable he'll start from the bench. Bennacer, Kjaer and Alexis will rest due to their national team engagements.

Not too happy with Florenzi as RW, I hope this doesn't become a recurring thing for Pioli. He should be Calabria's back up and only play there if we need more defensive commitment.

Not ideal...
William405
https://youtu.be/Q_0WzZBGdAs

In love with Giacinti 🥰🥰🥰
CrazyMilanFan
Inter just drew away to samp 2-2
William405
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 12 2021, 03:30 PM) *
Inter just drew away to samp 2-2

Yep smile.gif
X-Offender
After the first two weeks I feel Lazio have shown they're the most in form team at the moment. It's going to be very tough, I wouldn't exclude a loss. But here's to hoping. FORZA MILAN!
CrazyMilanFan
I just hope Tonali comes back.. Although not looking good
X-Offender
Leao's end product is absolutely terrible.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 12 2021, 06:41 PM) *
Leao's end product is absolutely terrible.

Its beyond terrible, its not even a product.

I doubt we will be able to continue woth this pressing as well next half
CrazyMilanFan
We get credit for this as we pumped him up with our comments smile.gif
William405
**** them, dirty players

Leaooo
William405
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 12 2021, 07:48 PM) *
We get credit for this as we pumped him up with our comments smile.gif

You guys focus too much about him.
CrazyMilanFan
That's a PK?
William405
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 12 2021, 07:51 PM) *
That's a PK?

100 percent
CrazyMilanFan
Wtf
William405
Oh man...Kessie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.