Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2021/2022 Season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 22 2021, 10:04 PM) *
Btw, I don't understand why we're playing Florenzi at RW. I thought he came in to be a sub for Calabria... Doesn't make sense to use him like this. I'd actually prefer an actual RW there, even if that is Samu

+10000

Florenzi is an anonymous body in this team. I won't exaggerate when I say that Castillejo was a much more useful player than him.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 22 2021, 10:05 PM) *
Was he good in the attacking phase? Because defensively I think he has great potential but once he crosses that half way line he doesn't know what to do

Yeah, he was fine. Almost scored also via a nice combination with Rebic.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 22 2021, 11:51 PM) *
Bruh, the f*ck did Alexis smoke tonight? He was on fire. blink.gif

We really came out in the second half, especially after the triple change. Theo showed character.

I think we should keep Tonali-Bennacer as the starting pair in the double pivot. So much more dynamism and pace as opposed to when Kessie plays there.

Leao was also really good with his dribblings, but his end product is still horrible. The guy has no clue how to pass and shoot.

Yeah, I think we don't give Saelmakers enough credit for how much he developed. He was called up for Belgium this year, and did really well during the internationals (got one or two goals). He was simple great yesterday, just inspired. Now, I get it he will never be Ronaldinho or someone like Ziyech. He said it himself, he's more a defensive-minded player. In Pioli's system, it seems to balance out. Yesterday, his dribbling was really good and the passing was also spot on. What I think he should improve on is his general passing though. Sometimes, he is sloppy in this aspect...He certainly still has a long way to go, but he's improving a lot!

Theo did okay you know, but I really think he has yet to kick to second gear.

Tonali-Bennacer was really nice, some of the forward passes from these two certainly unlocked the game. Kessie did also good when he came on, he provides great physicality in that midfield. I'm wondering if we should play a 3 man midfield in some of these big matches. As I think all of Tonali/Bennacer/Kessie can provide a lot with forward runs etc...

I still think though that an AM is the way to go to play attractive football. wink.gif

Speaking of AM, Brahim was frustrating a bit yesterday. I mean he's really great, and you can see flashes of his talent...but if he is ever to become a top player he needs to be so much more implicated during the game. It's a good thing Tonali/Bennacer kind of compensated by having some good forward attacks.

Leao's dribbling was simply on another level, he was just having fun with Venezia. Yeah, I admit the final touch is still a bit lacking, but I think also the other players didn't provide him with any "easy" passing outlet. Leao this year when he got the opportunity put the ball in the back of the net, or gave a good pass. The problem is from his usual movement on the left wing, he passes 1-2 players but then it never delivers much more. The team should work on taking advantage of that. He's certainly developing though some very interesting characteristics. What I'm sure of is that he will never be
the CF a la Ibra that we dreamed of...he simply doesn't know how to handle playing in the center. Rebic whom it's not his natural position, knows how to handle it much much better.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 23 2021, 12:00 AM) *
Sometimes these games are more difficult than against teams like Lazio for example, because their main goal is to basically stop you from playing

I would venture to guess that a couple of years ago we would not only have drawn this, but probably lost due to sheer frustration and panic to try to score. (Benevento a few years back screams to mind). I'm happy to see that the team is confident in their abilities.

How were the subs today? Guys like B. Toure, Gabbia, Kalulu? It's important that they all get game time and are ready to step in when needed. Having quality like Theo coming off the bench though is always great

Yeah, these games tend to be harder. But, Venezia...we should be able to win that 10/10. Now, I think Spezia will be an entirely different manner, and we should field a full first team for that game.

We were having a good game intensity-wise, it was nice to see. But, Brahim was often found missing, and we couldn't get a decent shot on goal for some reason. Florenzi was useless, so that's that also...half of our attacking line was not doing great.

The young players did well, honestly. B. Tour? was good, Kalulu did well also. (I'm frustrated he still hasn't snatched his goal). Gabbia held his own as well. They are all players who could develop with time to get into the starting the lineup in long-term. But, we'll see. They're definitely again smart signings, who will definitely be sold for profit if needed, but also provide nice depth, and in general it's just really nice to see them develop.
William405
And, one last post, about Pellegri, this time. We didn't really get to see a lot of him, but he seems very physically imposing. Now, whether he can transform that to being a good CF, is another thing altogether. He still seems to be adapting to the movements of the team and often felt quite lost.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 23 2021, 06:12 AM) *
Yeah, these games tend to be harder. But, Venezia...we should be able to win that 10/10. Now, I think Spezia will be an entirely different manner, and we should field a full first team for that game.

We were having a good game intensity-wise, it was nice to see. But, Brahim was often found missing, and we couldn't get a decent shot on goal for some reason. Florenzi was useless, so that's that also...half of our attacking line was not doing great.

The young players did well, honestly. B. Tour? was good, Kalulu did well also. (I'm frustrated he still hasn't snatched his goal). Gabbia held his own as well. They are all players who could develop with time to get into the starting the lineup in long-term. But, we'll see. They're definitely again smart signings, who will definitely be sold for profit if needed, but also provide nice depth, and in general it's just really nice to see them develop.

Spezia are a much weaker side to the one we faced and lost to last season. Most importantly they lost their coach and some players as well.

I still think we should rotate again before the Atletico match

Gabbia and Romagnoli can hold the CB spots. I'd play Florenzi at RB so Kalulu can be ready to start in the CL on Tuesday if Calabria is not back. I'd also give Ballo Toure another chance and leave Theo as a super sub.

Do we know when Krunic gets back? I'd play him instead of Diaz for this one if he's available. We've been playing Diaz a bit too much and could explain why he's fading out. He put a lot of physical effort in each game he plays, we need to rotate him. With Rebic and Leao, I'd be tempted to rest Rebic and play Pellegri but Pioli probably won't go for that

Regarding Florenzi. I honestly don't know why we're playing him as a RW. He should be playing at RB. It's where he's played for these last few years now for both club and country
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 23 2021, 06:06 AM) *
Speaking of AM, Brahim was frustrating a bit yesterday. I mean he's really great, and you can see flashes of his talent...but if he is ever to become a top player he needs to be so much more implicated during the game. It's a good thing Tonali/Bennacer kind of compensated by having some good forward attacks.

I agree with you, yet somehow a lot of people are praising Brahim's performance. I really don't get it. Had he not scored I'm sure he would be given the short stick. Sometimes journalists tend to be myopic like that. They see a goal and automatically convert an average performance into a great one.

That is why I think Theo is overrated. Because he scores these great goals against low-table teams but whenever he faces real threats he becomes a Serie B player.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 23 2021, 11:10 AM) *
Spezia are a much weaker side to the one we faced and lost to last season. Most importantly they lost their coach and some players as well.

I still think we should rotate again before the Atletico match

Gabbia and Romagnoli can hold the CB spots. I'd play Florenzi at RB so Kalulu can be ready to start in the CL on Tuesday if Calabria is not back. I'd also give Ballo Toure another chance and leave Theo as a super sub.

Do we know when Krunic gets back? I'd play him instead of Diaz for this one if he's available. We've been playing Diaz a bit too much and could explain why he's fading out. He put a lot of physical effort in each game he plays, we need to rotate him. With Rebic and Leao, I'd be tempted to rest Rebic and play Pellegri but Pioli probably won't go for that

Regarding Florenzi. I honestly don't know why we're playing him as a RW. He should be playing at RB. It's where he's played for these last few years now for both club and country

Spezia nearly defeated Juve. Granted, it's a weak Juve side, but still we shoudn't be making the same mistake as last year by underestimating them. The only player I would rest is Brahim cos he's played every single game thus far, but then again who we play instead of him? Messias is not ready yet. That's why we needed an up-and-ready AM alternative, and not some guy who was playing video games the entire summer.

No sense to rest guys like Tomori, Kalulu, Theo etc. when they had their rest last night (playing only 30 minutes is not comparable to playing a full match).

Hopefully Giroud will be back.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 23 2021, 06:06 AM) *
Yeah, I think we don't give Saelmakers enough credit for how much he developed. He was called up for Belgium this year, and did really well during the internationals (got one or two goals). He was simple great yesterday, just inspired. Now, I get it he will never be Ronaldinho or someone like Ziyech. He said it himself, he's more a defensive-minded player. In Pioli's system, it seems to balance out. Yesterday, his dribbling was really good and the passing was also spot on. What I think he should improve on is his general passing though. Sometimes, he is sloppy in this aspect...He certainly still has a long way to go, but he's improving a lot!

Well, it's hard to say. There are games where he plays really well, like last night for instance. And there are games such as against Liverpool or Juve where he looks absolutely mediocre.

The kid has talent and commitment, no doubt, but good or great players show their worth against tough opponents. Everyone can be Messi or Ronaldo against Venezia or Cagliari.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2021, 01:50 PM) *
Well, it's hard to say. There are games where he plays really well, like last night for instance. And there are games such as against Liverpool or Juve where he looks absolutely mediocre.

The kid has talent and commitment, no doubt, but good or great players show their worth against tough opponents. Everyone can be Messi or Ronaldo against Venezia or Cagliari.

True, I concede that he has yet to show his true worth against big opponents.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2021, 01:36 PM) *
Spezia nearly defeated Juve. Granted, it's a weak Juve side, but still we shoudn't be making the same mistake as last year by underestimating them. The only player I would rest is Brahim cos he's played every single game thus far, but then again who we play instead of him? Messias is not ready yet. That's why we needed an up-and-ready AM alternative, and not some guy who was playing video games the entire summer.

No sense to rest guys like Tomori, Kalulu, Theo etc. when they had their rest last night (playing only 30 minutes is not comparable to playing a full match).

Exactly, what I was going to say, Spezia caused some real issues for Juve. I don't think we should risk the three points. We already did a heavy rotation against Venezia.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2021, 11:36 AM) *
I agree with you, yet somehow a lot of people are praising Brahim's performance. I really don't get it. Had he not scored I'm sure he would be given the short stick. Sometimes journalists tend to be myopic like that. They see a goal and automatically convert an average performance into a great one.

That is why I think Theo is overrated. Because he scores these great goals against low-table teams but whenever he faces real threats he becomes a Serie B player.

Brahim tends to fade in and out of games. Yet he keeps popping up with moments of quality. The issue with him is, if he's not dribbling or running at players he's so far not a huge factor to our play. Hakan played in the AM position but he imposed himself more in the centre of midfield with passes and covering. I think this is because Brahim is more of an SS/winger type rather than a true number 10 as Hakan was. So it is something we'll have to get used to as a change from how we played before. The good things is that Tonali and Bennacer can make up for that in their own way

Re Theo, I don't think it's because he doesn't show up in big matches, it is because he's a wing back more than he is a full back. So when we're facing big sides he tends to get overly occupied with his defensive game (which still needs to improve by a good margin imo). When we play smaller teams he's free to make those runs without being too worried about getting caught out

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2021, 11:36 AM) *

Juve have been awful, Empoli and Udine also game them a terrible time, that doesn't mean they're good teams. The only reason we didn't ragdoll them is because we had more than half of our first 11 out and were coming off that draining Liverpool game.

I'm not saying we should underestimate Spezia. Rotating the squad does not mean you're underestimating them. Last season we went there with our best 11 playing (barring injuries that it) and lost because we did not take them seriously.

Re Diaz's rotation, if Krunic is fit I'd play him in that position, if he's not, we can always shift Leao there. He played there last season when we had the emergency injury situation and was fine.

I think Giroud will be available so we can go Giroud upfront, Rebic on the left, Leao in the centre, Alexis or Samu on the right

I really want to the team to be as fresh as possible against Atleti on Tuesday, that's why I think we should still rotate where we can. And Gabbia-Romagnoli should be more than enough against them
han2503
Napoli are going to be a certainty for top 4 if they keep performing like this

Their biggest problem is their thin squad. But Spaletti is the perfect coach for them
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 23 2021, 08:19 PM) *
Napoli are going to be a certainty for top 4 if they keep performing like this

Their biggest problem is their thin squad. But Spaletti is the perfect coach for them

They haven't faced big teams yet...
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 23 2021, 07:30 PM) *
They haven't faced big teams yet...

Well, they beat Juve... And Samp haven't been a walkover against either us or Inter.

I just hink Spaletti is the perfect guy to coach them. Obviously if they even lose 1 or 2 of their first 11 they are not going to cope. But they've been pretty good
Rossoneri7
Serie A stadium capacity is to increase to 75% from 50% for the upcoming games, and a new proposal to further increase to 100% towards the end of october.

Great news for both clubs and stadium goers.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 23 2021, 10:23 PM) *
Well, they beat Juve... And Samp haven't been a walkover against either us or Inter.

I just hink Spaletti is the perfect guy to coach them. Obviously if they even lose 1 or 2 of their first 11 they are not going to cope. But they've been pretty good

Let's see. It's all about consistency. These early bloomers usually get a reality check a few games into the season. Obviously, they have a decent team and a good coach. But, I don't feel they will keep it up, I might be mistaken.
X-Offender
Pioli said Giroud and Calabria are both at disposal for tomorrow. He said Giroud might even play from the start, but he will decide tomorrow.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 24 2021, 01:31 PM) *
Pioli said Giroud and Calabria are both at disposal for tomorrow. He said Giroud might even play from the start, but he will decide tomorrow.

Great news.

I'd still keep Kalulu for this one and not risk Calabria. Same goes with Giroud. Give him and Rebic a half each but not more. I want to see both against Atletico
X-Offender
Probable line-up: Maignan; Kalulu, Tomori, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Tonali, Kessie; Saelemaekers, Maldini, Leao; Giroud.

Weird to see Maldini start. Also, Tonali should have rested.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 25 2021, 01:15 PM) *
Probable line-up: Maignan; Kalulu, Tomori, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Tonali, Kessie; Saelemaekers, Maldini, Leao; Giroud.

Weird to see Maldini start. Also, Tonali should have rested.

It was in the clauses when Maldini signed to be a director of Milan tongue.gif
X-Offender
Rebic to start on the left, which means Leao will start against Atletico. I would have rather preferred the opposite.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 25 2021, 01:12 PM) *
It was in the clauses when Maldini signed to be a director of Milan tongue.gif

It would have made much more sense playing Tonali more advanced. Maldini is too green and he's not even that talented in my personal opinion. The only reason he's still here is only due to his name.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 25 2021, 03:14 PM) *
Rebic to start on the left, which means Leao will start against Atletico. I would have rather preferred the opposite.

I don't understand
han2503
Maldini showing some skillz though.

I think we just need to blot out who his father is and just look at him as a young kid with potential
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 25 2021, 02:12 PM) *
Maldini showing some skillz though.

Is he, really? All I've seen so far has been lost balls.
X-Offender
Kessie has been a complete ghost so far. It's very obvious he's barely trying.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 25 2021, 03:25 PM) *
Kessie has been a complete ghost so far. It's very obvious he's barely trying.

Because of which there is no fluency as well

Quite poor display so far
X-Offender
Spezia have the second worst defence in Serie A thus far, yet we can't create a single opportunity.
X-Offender
Theo is worse than Neymar. I'm serious.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 25 2021, 04:34 PM) *
Theo is worse than Neymar. I'm serious.

I hate that.
CrazyMilanFan
What a poor half
X-Offender
Terrible, terrible first half. So messy and so sloppy.

Playing with Kessie right now is like playing with one man down. Rebic absolutely bad in everything. Tonali looks tired. Saelemaekers very quiet. Giroud completely out of the game. Maldini out of his depth.

Bring on Leao, Bennacer and Brahim in the second half.
CrazyMilanFan
Rebic not at all in form, kessie is walking or max jogging. Giroud had not service. Maldini i dont know.
han2503
terrible first half. Changes need to b made at half time

Giroud doesn't look up for it. Completely anonymous. Rebic is terrible today, Maldini is lost out there, Kessie and Tonali are moving the ball too slowly and Kalulu is not incisive.
Fillipo Simone
Another bad game, another match that we started losing as soon as we entered the field. Pioli needs to wake up. Our mentality is unacceptable.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 25 2021, 02:53 PM) *
Another bad game, another match that we started losing as soon as we entered the field. Pioli needs to wake up. Our mentality is unacceptable.

Just too nonchalant. It comes from the players as well not just Pioli. He started a stronger team today than he did on Wednesday
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 25 2021, 02:55 PM) *
Just too nonchalant. It comes from the players as well not just Pioli. He started a stronger team today than he did on Wednesday

Yeah, but it was the same against Venezia as well. Bad first half, barely created anything, zero shots on target.
han2503
I think I only saw their GK in the frame a total of 2 times. We've been so sterile
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 25 2021, 02:56 PM) *
Yeah, but it was the same against Venezia as well. Bad first half, barely created anything, zero shots on target.

I watched the replay of that and I disagree that is was this bad. We were controlling the game better and moving the ba;; better in that one. Today is much worse. We're not even making their defenders work
X-Offender
MALDINI!!!
han2503
DANIRELLLLLLL
han2503
So happy for the kid!!!

Should relax him a bit that
CrazyMilanFan
Wonderful to watch
han2503
Kalulu with a great cross as well. Gives me hope that he's not a total loss is attack
William405
Omg leaoo
han2503
WTF are we doing in defence FFS?????

William405
It's like Kessie wants us to lose.
han2503
Calabria needs to come on for Kalulu
han2503
It feels like everyone wants to walk this...
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 25 2021, 03:22 PM) *
It feels like everyone wants to walk this...

It's a clusterfuck of a match.

Can't believe Leao didn't score earlier.
CrazyMilanFan
We need to get that 2nd goal. Because it unlikely to be a clean sheet
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.