Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summer Transfers 2014
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
Jack Bauer
http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/milan-...e-ultime-135464

Seems like we reached an agreement with Michael Agazzi (will be a free player in the summer so we can agree with him now). Hope he'll be our second choice next season and they are still planning to bring someone better.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Feb 2 2014, 06:39 PM) *

Seems like we reached an agreement with Michael Agazzi (will be a free player in the summer so we can agree with him now). Hope he'll be our second choice next season and they are still planning to bring someone better.

We still don't know that.
Jack Bauer
That's why I wrote 'Hope'.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Feb 2 2014, 02:39 PM) *

I thought he signed a contract with chievo...i guess it was just a loan...
If not, I'm not sure i'm enthralled about his signing. The chance of signing a player of the raw talent of Perin doesn't happen every day, especially when Juve and Inter already have their #1s and wouldn't be competing for his signing. No doubt he will offer more then the current 3 keepers, although i still feel as though Gabriel might have the potential of being a stronger keeper then Agazzi is now. Anyhow, Milan settling for the cheap option surely doesn't take any of us by surprise...
il_diavolo_mtl

http://www.football-italia.net/44718/repor...ee-agazzi-terms
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Feb 2 2014, 06:55 PM) *
That's why I wrote 'Hope'.

Ha, didn't notice that. My bad.
Jack Sparrow
Wingers, Left Back, One top centre back, Goalkeeper.

Easily looking at 60 million total in outlay. We'll need to sell, because I don't think we have a market budget of more than 30 million without sales.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 3 2014, 08:53 AM) *
Wingers, Left Back, One top centre back, Goalkeeper.

Easily looking at 60 million total in outlay. We'll need to sell, because I don't think we have a market budget of more than 30 million without sales.

I don't think we need a LB aside from someone who can cover Abate on the right the FB area is good.

I'd much prefer a really good CB that can replace Mexes, especially since it's clear that the intention is to sell him
ganney
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 3 2014, 01:55 PM) *
I don't think we need a LB aside from someone who can cover Abate on the right the FB area is good.

lets buy santon already and trade away constant
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (ganney @ Feb 3 2014, 04:10 PM) *
lets buy santon already and trade away constant

+1
Jack Bauer
http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/02/ac...ensive-changes/

Don't like the Abate thing at all, especially for someone like Urby.
-------

P.s. pin this thread instead of the old one.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Feb 4 2014, 02:10 AM) *

-------

That would be retarded beyond belief
Rossoneri7
Yeah, retarded! A downgrade from idiot, eh? And all this time I thought the retard was a step better than an idiot biggrin.gif tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 4 2014, 11:31 PM) *
Yeah, retarded! A downgrade from idiot, eh? And all this time I thought the retard was a step better than an idiot biggrin.gif tongue.gif

What would you call selling Italy's starting RB to accomodate Urby Emannualson?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 5 2014, 12:28 AM) *

Why are you trying to argue with the troll?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Feb 4 2014, 04:10 AM) *

-------

It says for De Sciglio. Where does it say anything about Urby?
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 5 2014, 01:06 AM) *

The very first paragraph.

[...] while Ignazio Abate could be a possible casualty of the new regime.

EDIT: Sorry, thought you meant Abate. My bad.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 5 2014, 04:06 AM) *

Bacause it wouldn't be MDS vs Abate for RB role if Seedorf didn't see Urby as a starting and irreplaceable LB. IMO, Abate at RB and MDS at LB as starters as it was before is a much better option than Urby with one of them.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Feb 5 2014, 03:59 AM) *
Bacause it wouldn't be MDS vs Abate for RB role if Seedorf didn't see Urby as a starting and irreplaceable LB. IMO, Abate at RB and MDS at LB as starters as it was before is a much better option than Urby with one of them.

Where did he say that?
Jack Bauer
He didn't say that but it seems like that so far + it was implied there: http://www.football-italia.net/43900/seedo...enew-emanuelson and it turns to be true so far as Abate is healthy but not playing and this wasn't the only rumor about his possible departure.
KillerMax
I'm starting to dislike Seedorf as a coach already. dry.gif Abate is one of my favorite players.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 5 2014, 03:28 AM) *

Id call that f-ing retarded laugh.gif
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Feb 5 2014, 02:07 PM) *
A few interesting articles on Goal.com.

<http://www.goal.com/it/news/7/calciomercato/2014/02/05/4595251/il-milan-si-prepara-a-unestate-rovente-45-milioni-pronti-per> is basically saying that we will have some money to spend this summer, something in the order of 45M. Some data points:
- Missing CL will cost us 30M, but ...
- Recent contracts made with players have a clause that reduces salary by 20% if Milan does not make a European competition. With player salaries at 105M, that would be a savings of 21M.
- Additional savings would come if we get rid of excess players (in particular Mexes and Robinho). Personally, I will believe this when I see it, as our recent track record shows we are not good at unloading players.
- The article also has some suspect looking calculations that yield 45M as the amount we could spend

<http://www.goal.com/it/news/7/calciomercato/2014/02/05/4596273/pazza-idea-cellino-per-il-cagliari-galliani-presidente-al-fianco-?ICID=HP_TS_2> is basically sayng that Galliani is being offered a job to run Cagliari. Apparently the team is going to be owned by the Al Thani family from Abu Dhabi, who have strong links with Galliani (as does Cellino, who apparently recommended him for the job). Have mixed feelings about this. It is time for new management and new ideas. OTOH, who do we have that can step in? Barbara? (Hmm ...)

<http://www.goal.com/it/news/7/calciomercato/2014/02/05/4596452/calciomercato-milan-altro-colpo-low-cost-nel-mirino-piace?ICID=HP_BN_1> links us with Alex from PSG, who apparently is not renewing his contract. We are also linked with Vidic, Musacchio, Doria from Botafogo, and Martins Indi from Feyenoord. Only familiar with Vidic. Any insight on the rest?

Should have posted this under "Summer Transfers 2014", did not realize it had been opened :-). Can we pin it?

In any case, Galliani has denied the rumor about Cagliari (see <http://www.goal.com/it/news/7/calciomercato/2014/02/05/4596878/macch%C3%A8-cagliari-galliani-giura-amore-eterno-al-milan-non-lo?ICID=HP_BN_4>). Though in Galliani's case a denial could mean anything.
X-Offender
^ Thanks for the info. The Goal article was interesting.

—————————————

Taarabt: "Milan have the Italian Balloteli, and now they'll have the Moroccan Balotelli"

acid911
Something tells me we've another Niang among our ranks. sleep.gif Less talk more action, Taarabt boy!
il_diavolo_mtl
Read on FIF that we are after Van der Vaart, end of contract and Seedorf might work his magic...
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 5 2014, 02:14 PM) *
^ Thanks for the info. The Goal article was interesting.

—————————————

Taarabt: "Milan have the Italian Balloteli, and now they'll have the Moroccan Balotelli"

yeah, this is what's allowed to happen when the high-flying disciplinary boot of Ibra no longer patrols and invigilates practices...guys start thinking they can invent a reputation for themselves without even playing 1 minute for the club...
dst
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Feb 5 2014, 04:02 AM) *
I'm starting to dislike Seedorf as a coach already. dry.gif Abate is one of my favorite players.

Never liked Abate. Seedorf is AMAZING! biggrin.gif
milanbuf88
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 5 2014, 09:26 PM) *
Never liked Abate. Seedorf is AMAZING! biggrin.gif

Getting rid of Abate would be a terrible move. He's a starter for the National team, a Milan youth product, entering his prime years as a footballer, and doesn't make a huge amount. I like Urby and I think he should get an extension but we shouldn't be sacrificing Abate for him.
KillerMax
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Feb 5 2014, 09:47 PM) *
Getting rid of Abate would be a terrible move. He's a starter for the National team, a Milan youth product, entering his prime years as a footballer, and doesn't make a huge amount. I like Urby and I think he should get an extension but we shouldn't be sacrificing Abate for him.

Yeah, it's nonsense. There are SO many ahead of him that need to go.
X-Offender
Mediaset reports that Juve have reached an agreement for Fernando Reges, whereas Vidic has already signed for Inter. They were both our objectives.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 6 2014, 06:30 PM) *
Mediaset reports that Juve have reached an agreement for Fernando Reges, whereas Vidic has already signed for Inter. They were both our objectives.

Oh, that's just grand. dry.gif
han2503
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 5 2014, 08:38 PM) *
Read on FIF that we are after Van der Vaart, end of contract and Seedorf might work his magic...

Meh, he's past his best, if this was a few years ago sure. Having said that I always preferred Sneijder over him.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 6 2014, 01:30 PM) *

Meh, again, Vidic is a player that I'd have wanted to see with us a few years ago. Now he's deteriorated badly. Let Inter get him, I'd rather we go after someone in his early twenties that's showing talent
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2014, 02:49 PM) *
Meh, again, Vidic is a player that I'd have wanted to see with us a few years ago. Now he's deteriorated badly. Let Inter get him, I'd rather we go after someone in his early twenties that's showing talent

I think we should convince Mexes to halve his wages, from €4 million to €2 million or so. Given our financial resources, we simply cannot aim for a better defender.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 6 2014, 03:12 PM) *
I think we should convince Mexes to halve his wages, from €4 million to €2 million or so. Given our financial resources, we simply cannot aim for a better defender.

I've been saying this for a while. But given that Seedorf isn't using him, this while he's on a 4m wage, I don't think keeping him in general (no matter what he's getting paid) is in the plans for them
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2014, 04:07 PM) *
I've been saying this for a while. But given that Seedorf isn't using him, this while he's on a 4m wage, I don't think keeping him in general (no matter what he's getting paid) is in the plans for them

We don't know that yet. I think the problem is his wage rather than his skills. Maybe not playing him is like a warning, either earn less or GTFO.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2014, 10:49 AM) *
Meh, he's past his best, if this was a few years ago sure. Having said that I always preferred Sneijder over him.

2013/14 German Bundesliga
GAMES........GOALS.......ASSISTS

Your opinion, but who else amongst our 3 AMs is scoring a goal every second game and an assist every third?

The only thing i would say agaisnt this is that, with a squad likely to missout on european footy next near, how big do we want the squad to be...
dst
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Feb 6 2014, 02:47 AM) *

If we can get good money for him I'd let him go.

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Feb 6 2014, 03:20 AM) *
Yeah, it's nonsense. There are SO many ahead of him that need to go.

True but they can't get us any money.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 6 2014, 12:30 PM) *

Didn't Reges sign for Manchester?

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 6 2014, 03:25 PM) *
We don't know that yet. I think the problem is his wage rather than his skills. Maybe not playing him is like a warning, either earn less or GTFO.

That's stupid, mob-like behavior. We're obviously hurting our team in the process if that's true. And I would not personally wanna play for a team that chose this path.

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 6 2014, 05:30 PM) *
The only thing i would say agaisnt this is that, with a squad likely to missout on european footy next near, how big do we want the squad to be...

Good point. It's also who wants to come to Milan right now. We're a mess. And have been since last year. We're not an attractive destination right now. And many agents would advice their young, aspiring clients against joining us. We can't get many of them, if any.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 6 2014, 03:00 PM) *
Good point. It's also who wants to come to Milan right now. We're a mess. And have been since last year. We're not an attractive destination right now. And many agents would advice their young, aspiring clients against joining us. We can't get many of them, if any.

I would have agreed with this pre-seedorf. I think this technocratic leadership has some player-appeal (espescially if you're dutch). I read the other day that even Stam would consider leaving his directorial position at Ajax if Milan made a good offer....just to be an assistant manager! Even Crespo has openly said he"d love to join us, though i suspect he<s fishing for a managerial position elsewhere...

For the likes of the current generation of dutch players neering the end of their careers, i don<t know that Seedorf would be enough to secure them, but in dreaming a bigger dream, the young dutch midfielder or young dutch defender, given a chance to play for a big club that no longer has the money to block it's holes with copious market spending, that has offered more and more oppurtunities to young players, we might be a chance worth taking...

Just think of all the argentinian starlets that must have growth idolizing Crespo, presented a chance to be coached by him and become close to him at a huge club where the stadium can fit up to 80k screaming fans....it's quite something
han2503
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 6 2014, 06:30 PM) *
2013/14 German Bundesliga
GAMES........GOALS.......ASSISTS

Your opinion, but who else amongst our 3 AMs is scoring a goal every second game and an assist every third?

Well his stats look good, but he's not the player he used to be. Add to that he's on the same level as Kaka and Honda, what we need to elevate our attack to the next level is a real quality winger, not another slow AM

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 6 2014, 07:00 PM) *
That's stupid, mob-like behavior. We're obviously hurting our team in the process if that's true. And I would not personally wanna play for a team that chose this path.

I don't think so.

I think the club needs to finally get some b@lls with regards to dealing with players. We cannot afford to let things slide as usual. 2m per year over the next 3 years or so is still a very generous contract offer for Mexes. If he doesn't want to take it then it should be made clear that we'll be looking elsewhere. On the other hand the passive behaviour shown when dealing with the likes of Mesbah, Traore and now Constant, players who we want to sell but can't because they want to stay and earn their wages shows that we still haven't learnt our lesson. Look at what Mourinho constantly does when he doesn't want a player anymore and that player clings on. Banishes him from the squad and doesn't even allow him to train with the rest, Juve are now doing the same thing with Quagliarella. No it's not "classy" behaviour, but there's no more room left for classy, especially when we've thrown classy out the window in every other area. When Constant rejected that move he should have been given an ultimatum, either accept or suffer the consequences. Because if the club doesn't do this, we'll continue to be taken for a ride
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2014, 06:12 PM) *
I don't think so.

I think the club needs to finally get some b@lls with regards to dealing with players. We cannot afford to let things slide as usual. 2m per year over the next 3 years or so is still a very generous contract offer for Mexes. If he doesn't want to take it then it should be made clear that we'll be looking elsewhere. On the other hand the passive behaviour shown when dealing with the likes of Mesbah, Traore and now Constant, players who we want to sell but can't because they want to stay and earn their wages shows that we still haven't learnt our lesson. Look at what Mourinho constantly does when he doesn't want a player anymore and that player clings on. Banishes him from the squad and doesn't even allow him to train with the rest, Juve are now doing the same thing with Quagliarella. No it's not "classy" behaviour, but there's no more room left for classy, especially when we've thrown classy out the window in every other area. When Constant rejected that move he should have been given an ultimatum, either accept or suffer the consequences. Because if the club doesn't do this, we'll continue to be taken for a ride

I'm not talking about Constant or any other Milan or Mourinho reject. I'm talking about Mexes. We can't afford not to play Mexes. Unless you learned to like Bonera.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 6 2014, 10:29 PM) *
I'm not talking about Constant or any other Milan or Mourinho reject. I'm talking about Mexes. We can't afford not to play Mexes. Unless you learned to like Bonera.

No, of course I know that. I've been harping on about that for months now, ever since Bonera had his "miracle" run of a handful of decent games and suddenly some wanted him starting games.

But having said that, we also need to look at this from a financial and business perspective.

We don't know what's going on, if it's really Seedorf not taking a liking to him for whatever reason and he's already decided that he wants him sold, then we can't do anything about it. Best to sell him in the summer. We could easily get 10 to 12m for him, even more if Monaco are really interested.

But if this is as x-off said, an internal battle due to contract issues. Then yes, I do think that the club should stand their ground. Why? Because he'll be a free agent soon enough, and either he stays WITH an extension AND a reduced wage or he's sold in the summer, we can't afford to either lose him for free or keep him on the bench while earning the money he is.

Footballing wise. Yes, we cannot afford to have a player of his quality on the bench while Bonera makes an @ss out of himself on a weekly basis. But in either case, a decision needs to be made sooner rather than later, and benching him could force his hand either way.
X-Offender
Mexes should be played alongside Rami till the end of the season. Then Galliani has to make it clear to him that either he cuts his wage, or he gets sold and we look elsewhere for a replacement. Mexes is the best defender we've got, but €4 million is too much for our pockets.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 6 2014, 09:00 PM) *
Mexes should be played alongside Rami till the end of the season. Then Galliani has to make it clear him that either he cuts his wage, or he gets sold and we look elsewhere for a replacement. Mexes is the best defender we've got, but €4 million is too much for our pockets.

Agreed,

Although I think by shrinking the squad size we don't have to bully a good performer. Besides why would any elite(or as elite as we can manage) want to play for us when we go after them screaming fowl one year into a contract we drafted. Sell the pulp and we will have MORE than enough to keep him...
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 7 2014, 03:00 AM) *
Mexes should be played alongside Rami till the end of the season. Then Galliani has to make it clear to him that either he cuts his wage, or he gets sold and we look elsewhere for a replacement. Mexes is the best defender we've got, but €4 million is too much for our pockets.

+1
X-Offender
According to Mediaset, we'll sign Alex (32) from PSG for free this summer (2-year contract for €2.8 million per season + option for a third year). We're also far ahead of Juve in regards to Fernando. Agazzi will be the new goalie. Our main objective will be Cerci, whom we want to get by selling Saponara to Parma.

Link

Thoughts?
X-Offender
Tuttosport says we're after Fabio Coentrao for the left flank. He'll cost around €10 million. We might get him on loan or pay his fee in installments. Coentrao on the left in order to definitely place De Sciglio on the right. Doria is our main objective in defense.

Link
Jack Sparrow
Without commenting on the names, I'm at least satisfied that work is being done in the right areas. I was half worried we'd be getting one more striker.
Fillipo Simone
I don't like the rumors one bit. This would be another restart. I'm getting tired.

Mexes, Abate, MDS are the few players that actually play good at Milan. Now we have the chance to build on that, but as usual, we decide to turn the page and sell in order to bring in questionable "targets". Don't get me wrong, Coentrao is a good player - but do we really need him? Alex is a fair defender, yet I wonder myself, wouldn't Mexes perhaps agree cutting his salary to €2.8 million per season? Because in that case, Mexes has the advantage: he's played for years in Serie A, he's been good for Milan and he has still something to offer.

Cerci and Fernando are okay, but not game changers. I'd rather we buy one player, but with true class or at least top potential then again buying all the usual rejects we can find.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 7 2014, 05:01 PM) *
Without commenting on the names, I'm at least satisfied that work is being done in the right areas. I was half worried we'd be getting one more striker.

You are? I really don't think we need fullbacks right now, and that seems to be our main thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.