Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2014
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Fillipo Simone
But it's good they check it every match from now on. I thought some of the dutch goals were pretty much in question. Never would have known it without help.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2014, 04:18 AM) *
Chile look crap, Spain will kill them.

All Chile will need is a draw and with this crappy Spanish defence it's very possible.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jun 14 2014, 03:18 AM) *
All Chile will need is a draw and with this crappy Spanish defence it's very possible.

I really hope you're right.
Jack Bauer
arivanjj
hahaha too funny!
han2503
Chile are great to watch but defensively? What a mess they are. It's like that aspect of the game is completely unacknowledged by them. That Australia side is probably the worst and most limited in this tournament, yet they could have easily equalised more times than anyone would care to admit.

I'm with kurt, I think Spain will hammer Chile if they play this no defence style.
Danny
Hard to defend against a big strong team who pretty much rely on the (admittedly incredible) aerial prowess of Cahill.

They won't have that problem with Spain IMO, despite Costa.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 14 2014, 11:59 AM) *
Hard to defend against a big strong team who pretty much rely on the (admittedly incredible) aerial prowess of Cahill.

They won't have that problem with Spain IMO, despite Costa.

That's the problem, I don't think they were even trying. Australia were getting in behind their defence with shockingly relative ease in order to supply the ball to Cahill
kurtsimonw
4 games today, but have to stay up until 4am to watch them all! We get to see England and... 7 other teams.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2014, 12:48 PM) *
4 games today, but have to stay up until 4am to watch them all! We get to see England and... 7 other teams.

4? unsure.gif

I thought there were 3 today...

Colombia - Greece

Uruguay - Costa Rica

England - Italy
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 14 2014, 01:57 PM) *
4? unsure.gif

I thought there were 3 today...

Colombia - Greece

Uruguay - Costa Rica

England - Italy

Colombia-Greece - 12pm
Uruguay-Costa Rica - 3pm
England-Italy - 6pm
Korea-Ivory Coast - 9pm

In Europe some games are counted as "tomorrow" because the start after midnight in that country, but there's 4 today.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2014, 03:01 PM) *
Colombia-Greece - 12pm
Uruguay-Costa Rica - 3pm
England-Italy - 6pm
Korea-Ivory Coast - 9pm

In Europe some games are counted as "tomorrow" because the start after midnight in that country, but there's 4 today.

It's Japan vs Ivory Coast. No, they don't all look the same!

Are you watching all of them then?
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2014, 01:01 PM) *
Colombia-Greece - 12pm
Uruguay-Costa Rica - 3pm
England-Italy - 6pm
Korea-Ivory Coast - 9pm

Oh ok, forgot that there was a 4th one. But now that you mentioned it I remember the local broadcasters mentioning that it's at something like 3am over here. Technically speaking for us it's only 2 games as the Italy - England game starts a midnight
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 14 2014, 02:12 PM) *
It's Japan vs Ivory Coast. No, they don't all look the same!

Are you watching all of them then?

I have no idea why I put Korea.

If England win, then I'll be too hyper to sleep. biggrin.gif
han2503
Manaus 48 hours ago and Manaus today

ohmy.gif Miracles do happen!!
kurtsimonw
They painted the grass... laugh.gif
X-Offender
Yep.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2014, 01:51 PM) *
They painted the grass... laugh.gif

The players better watch their step on it.

It's mostly sand underneath, someone could easily get injured. Just unacceptable.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 14 2014, 02:51 PM) *
Manaus 48 hours ago and Manaus today

ohmy.gif Miracles do happen!!

It's like one of those Just for Men adverts laugh.gif

Been a fantastic World Cup so far, even Mexico - Cameroon was enjoyable, the only reason it was 1-0 was the linesman wanted to make a name for himself.

So thankful, South Africa was painful but this has been insanely good, shaping up to be the best I've seen. Still wanting to watch every match and as Kurt mentioned that means staying up until 4am tonight (good warm up for the NFL anyway!).
han2503
Buffon probably out of the game tonight with a slight sprain to his ankle. Sirigu set to start
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 14 2014, 03:16 PM) *
It's like one of those Just for Men adverts laugh.gif

Been a fantastic World Cup so far, even Mexico - Cameroon was enjoyable, the only reason it was 1-0 was the linesman wanted to make a name for himself.

So thankful, South Africa was painful but this has been insanely good, shaping up to be the best I've seen. Still wanting to watch every match and as Kurt mentioned that means staying up until 4am tonight (good warm up for the NFL anyway!).

Yep. Some poor officiating aside, it's been a fantastic start. This probably means England-Italy will be real boring.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2014, 02:24 PM) *
Yep. Some poor officiating aside, it's been a fantastic start. This probably means England-Italy will be real boring.

That's what we're all expecting...

Could be in for a shocker
dst
I say over 3.5 goals. (I'm usually wrong.)
han2503
Buffon definitely out for the opener as it's just minor and they don't want to risk it getting worse for the other games. Sirigu starts tonight
X-Offender
Great, any more injuries before the game starts? rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
Pirlo would be nice. tongue.gif

We're stuck with Lallana and Welbeck on the wing because all our wingers picked up injuries before the tournament. rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2014, 03:54 PM) *
Pirlo would be nice. tongue.gif

We're stuck with Lallana and Welbeck on the wing because all our wingers picked up injuries before the tournament. rolleyes.gif

I think he's using those 2 to cover back and mark Pirlo, more than anything else. He still has Sterling
kurtsimonw
Colombia time!

Glad Falcao is missing personally, I prefer their other strikers.
kurtsimonw
Great start.
Milan Are Brilliant
Another decent game.
han2503
A lot of Serie A players as well in this game
Forza Milan!
We also have enough controversy. Inclusing Blatter openly cheering for Brazil after they scored their non-existent PK.
X-Offender
How's Zapata playing?
Forza Milan!
Is Tiki-taka obsolete?
kurtsimonw
GODrardo.
han2503
Getting seriously edgy about this thing.

I live in an apartment and if England win I have to deal with the people that live above me jumping on my ceiling like maniacs and shouting like idiots... sad.gif
kurtsimonw
This game has been poor.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2014, 09:07 PM) *
This game has been poor.

I'm surprised by how much Costa Rica are involved in this.
han2503
COSTA RICA!!!

YES!
kurtsimonw
WOW
han2503
Suarez in 3...2...
han2503
Costa Rica on the up.

Uruguay are looking completely out of it atm, hope I don't jinx it
han2503
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kurtsimonw
YES!
han2503
This could turn the group on it's head now.
han2503
Every scenario painted before the World Cup started has just been turned to sh!t
han2503
Are Uruguay just bad or are Costa Rica better than everyone thought?

I can't make up my mind atm...
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 14 2014, 05:20 PM) *
Are Uruguay just bad or are Costa Rica better than everyone thought?

I can't make up my mind atm...

A little of both maybe...
han2503
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jun 14 2014, 09:26 PM) *
A little of both maybe...

Hmmm, could be but Uruguay are so completely out of it atm that I'm thinking it's more of the former rather than the latter
han2503
HAHA!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.