Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2014
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Milan Are Brilliant
Should be a couple of decent games tonight, will be nice to actually talk about what's happening on the pitch again.
Danny
Can see a real test for Brazil. Chile have been outstanding.

Colombia will beat Uruguay with room to spare. With Suarez I'd have pinned this as a cert on Uruguay but without him they're absolutely nothing. Unlike Colombia who have brilliantly adapted to life without Falcao, Uruguay just have no compensation for their star man's absence, as we saw V Costa Rica.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jun 28 2014, 10:49 AM) *
Also, how pathetic is Uruguayan FA saying that it's all an english-italian conspiracy and their players claiming that things like this happen all the time biggrin.gif biggrin.gif GFUS.

It makes it all the more funny when Uruguay only qualified because of awful refereeing decisions going for them in the games again England and Italy. I can't wait for Colombia to tear them to shreds. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 28 2014, 11:13 AM) *
I think you're overdoing this thing. Suarez is the person we love to hate publicly, but in fact, there are much worse footballers playing in Premier League or Serie A shirts, making dangerous tackles and destroying great players. Yet, no one cares, no one bans them for months or so.

As I said though, dangerous tackles are often sincere tackles. In a game this quick, even being a split second out can make a fine tackle dangerous. If someone makes reckless tackles, you bet I'm the first one on here calling for them to get a big ban. But what Suarez did is beyond ridiculous. It's not a split second thought of "I'm gonna hurt him" or being that little bit late to a tackle, it's something he's thought of and then taken the time to sneak around when the ball is away from play to carry out... multiple times.

I'm personally fine with the punishment. I think he is personally getting away lightly what with still being paid, but Uruguay and Liverpool are going to be hurt a lot by this, maybe Liverpool get fed up and sell him? Can't happen soon enough.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2014, 02:42 PM) *
As I said though, dangerous tackles are often sincere tackles.

Often. Not always. What about the ones which aren't? Those are the ones I was personally meaning. Yet the perps don't get a 4 month ban from...life...borderline!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2014, 04:48 PM) *
Often. Not always. What about the ones which aren't? Those are the ones I was personally meaning. Yet the perps don't get a 4 month ban from...life...borderline!

It's not a ban from life though is it, he's going to be paid millions to sit at home. I'd happily take that. These over-privileged people get far too much defense. I don't think there's much argument for Suarez as its a repeat offense. If you don't learn your lesson, your bans should get bigger IMO.

As I mentioned, anyone who makes a clear reckless challenge should get a massive ban. Problem is a challenge is harder to decide whether it was intentionally done to hurt someone, they can always just claim they were just too late, Suarez doesn't really have any kind of defense for what he does. It is a shame people, continually, get away with bd challenges. I think the only way to stamp it out is to make a ruling before the season starts that, for example, any 2 footed challenge is a 5 game ban, repeat offenses add another game ban to it throughout the season.
dst
A ban from life and his career is in jeopardy? Come on man, why are you being so overly dramatic?
Forza Milan!
According to this, Suarez is now claiming that he did not bite Chiellini on purpose. He was falling and he hit Chiellini's shoulder with his teeth. Unintentional.

Really? What gets me is not so much the act (which is bad enough) but all the sorry excuses that have come after it. This one, though, tops them all, IMHO. Personally, I think this racist scumbag deserves what he got.

BTW, yeah Sanchez !!!
han2503
Sanchez!!!!

Chile though are sooo rushed. It's like they're in a hurry to get somewhere more important at times. If they had more composure this team would be absolutely lethal.

I said previously that this is the World Cup without any defensive strategy. But I think it's the midfield that's being totally by-passed, Brazil and Chile barely have midfields, the ball literally goes from defence to attack in a few seconds with both teams. And this has been a common occurrence in all of the games, I guess it's why it's been such a goal frenzied tournament.

And is there any reason as to why Vidal plays so high up the pitch? I think he does a lot better in a slightly deeper area on the pitch
kurtsimonw
Neymar in twice and for some reason takes an unnecessary touch both times. But hey, I'm a hater so he obviously did the right thing.
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 28 2014, 05:33 PM) *
According to this, Suarez is now claiming that he did not bite Chiellini on purpose. He was falling and he hit Chiellini's shoulder with his teeth. Unintentional.

Really? What gets me is not so much the act (which is bad enough) but all the sorry excuses that have come after it. This one, though, tops them all, IMHO. Personally, I think this racist scumbag deserves what he got.

BTW, yeah Sanchez !!!

Lool, that's what he made it look like after he did it to try to dupe the referee, when it was obviously a pre-meditated action, which is why I can never personally accept that it is a mental issue and that he impulsively bites people rolleyes.gif

He was steady on his feet, it's very clear that he leaned his head over to go for Chiellini's shoulder
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 28 2014, 06:33 PM) *

BTW, yeah Sanchez !!!

Yep. THIS is exactly why he should get a massive ban. It's like pleading guilty, you get a lighter sentence. Fighting in when you're so clearly in the wrong and a repeat offender makes him look ridiculous.
kurtsimonw
Brazil are **** at the back.
Milan Are Brilliant
Not a bad first half, bit stop-start as Chile are more interested in getting rid of Neymar one way or another.
kurtsimonw
Hmm. Seeing the replays of that Hulk penalty shout, I think it's probably a penalty since the Chile player does make a move with his leg towards Hulk.
Milan Are Brilliant
Yeah I thought it was a stonewall penalty when it happened to be honest.

And everyone was going on about Webb/Brazil rolleyes.gif
Danny
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 28 2014, 03:39 PM) *
A ban from life and his career is in jeopardy? Come on man, why are you being so overly dramatic?

You're taking me too literally, and tbh you've been doing so for a few days now. If you have an issue with my posts, out with it.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2014, 04:42 PM) *
Yep. THIS is exactly why he should get a massive ban. It's like pleading guilty, you get a lighter sentence. Fighting in when you're so clearly in the wrong and a repeat offender makes him look ridiculous.

You're obsessed with castigating him further. The world needs to move on from this obsession!
Zed.D
Neymar has huge potential. he's still green and makes mistakes sometimes, but he will learn and improve over time.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2014, 03:21 PM) *
It's not a ban from life though is it, he's going to be paid millions to sit at home. I'd happily take that. These over-privileged people get far too much defense. I don't think there's much argument for Suarez as its a repeat offense. If you don't learn your lesson, your bans should get bigger IMO.

As I mentioned, anyone who makes a clear reckless challenge should get a massive ban. Problem is a challenge is harder to decide whether it was intentionally done to hurt someone, they can always just claim they were just too late, Suarez doesn't really have any kind of defense for what he does. It is a shame people, continually, get away with bd challenges. I think the only way to stamp it out is to make a ruling before the season starts that, for example, any 2 footed challenge is a 5 game ban, repeat offenses add another game ban to it throughout the season.

If people claim 'they were just too late' why do you ignore his defence of losing his balance? Equally as 'unbelievable', right?

Ach, I am absolutely done discussing Suarez on here. Only Pippo has any bloody sense out of all of you.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2014, 06:56 PM) *
You're obsessed with castigating him further. The world needs to move on from this obsession!

Further? I said he needs a massive ban and he got one, I'm happy with it. All the Suarez talk the past few days has been from people saying it was too harsh, etc.
Danny
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 28 2014, 04:58 PM) *
Neymar has huge potential. he's still green and makes mistakes sometimes, but he will learn and improve over time.

I am a huge fan of his, his virtuoso display V Cameroon was, Suarez v England aside (Maybe Rodriguez brace too) the performance of the tournament so far for me.

I really think he's got skill unmatched by anyone else around. And he's doing a decent job of carrying 200M people's hopes on his shoulders.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2014, 04:59 PM) *
Further? I said he needs a massive ban and he got one, I'm happy with it.

biggrin.gif well I'm glad you're happy el-Kurto tongue.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 28 2014, 01:58 PM) *

I remember us linked to a 14-15-16yo Neymar back in the day. Everyone thought the dad kept saying no for reasons to do with his son, atleast we now know that he conducted some back-room deal with barca to line his pockets...Don`t get me wrong. For better or for worse, Neymar and Barca deserve each other...
Zed.D
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2014, 10:31 PM) *
I am a huge fan of his, his virtuoso display V Cameroon was, Suarez v England aside (Maybe Rodriguez brace too) the performance of the tournament so far for me.

I really think he's got skill unmatched by anyone else around. And he's doing a decent job of carrying 200M people's hopes on his shoulders.

So you don't think he has flopped in this tournament anymore? wink.gif

I think the bold part is true.
Zed.D
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jun 28 2014, 10:35 PM) *
I remember us linked to a 14-15-16yo Neymar back in the day. Everyone thought the dad kept saying no for reasons to do with his son, atleast we now know that he conducted some back-room deal with barca to line his pockets...Don`t get me wrong. For better or for worse, Neymar and Barca deserve each other...

Yeah imagine us doing a Pato on him... I'm glad he didn't end up at Milan, as much as it pains me saying it.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 28 2014, 02:08 PM) *
Yeah imagine us doing a Pato on him... I'm glad he didn't end up at Milan, as much as it pains me saying it.

My god, so much self-deprecating...
We insist on getting one of our star players rushed back onto the field in- yes- an irresponsibly short-sighted manner 5 years ago and now you guys act as though our medical staff will meet every teenage signing, the first night of their arrival, armed with a sledgehammer, chainsaw and a thirst for torture...

Am i the only one who doesn`t understand why we should no longer go after youth because of pato?
kurtsimonw
Wow... massive decision.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2014, 06:16 PM) *
Wow... massive decision.

Correct imo
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 28 2014, 07:17 PM) *
Correct imo

Dunno. From the replay, it looks to me like the ball does not hit his arm.

Link
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 28 2014, 06:28 PM) *
Dunno. From the replay, it looks to me like the ball does not hit his arm.

Link

I think it did hit his upper arm
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 28 2014, 07:29 PM) *
I think it did hit his upper arm

It does come close, hard to tell really.
X-Offender
LOL, I'm not exaggerating when I say that I haven't noticed Neymar at all in this second half. Mr. Invisible laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
I think it was correct to give the handball after watching it a few times. Yellow card was wrong though.
Fillipo Simone
Hmh. Chile are giving Brazil a hard time. The lack of a true striker is evident. Jo and Fred are laughable. Pippo Inzaghi would have been a better pick.
Fillipo Simone
Btw. Oscar was also invisible for all of the match so far.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 28 2014, 08:21 PM) *
Btw. Oscar was also invisible for all of the match so far.

Aside from Hulk and Sanchez all attackers have been bad I think.
han2503
NOO!!
kurtsimonw
WOW!
han2503
Cagliari almost KO'd Brazil biggrin.gif
Forza Milan!
Regardless of how this ends, getting to PKs is a big accomplishment for Chile !
Fillipo Simone
Yes, indeed. But I'd still prefer Brazil to make it through.
kurtsimonw
The pressure on these Brazilian players must be crushing.
kurtsimonw
Hard luck Chile, congrats Brazil.
Fillipo Simone
Yep, they were strong right up till the end, hats down.
Milan Are Brilliant
Both teams have been great to watch.

It's a real shame that one of Greece or Costa Rica is a certainty to get through and Chile go out. But that's football.
kurtsimonw
Gotta give credit to Neymar for taking the 5th. Ridiculous pressure on that penalty.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2014, 01:55 PM) *
You're taking me too literally, and tbh you've been doing so for a few days now. If you have an issue with my posts, out with it.

He's not the only one. I mean absolutely no offense to you personally but I think I've disagreed with every post you've made the past week haha. People just disagree sometimes I guess.
Danny
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 28 2014, 05:07 PM) *
So you don't think he has flopped in this tournament anymore? wink.gif

I think the bold part is true.

wtf? When did I say he'd flopped in this tournament? He's been, imo, one of the top 3 performers! blink.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2014, 09:19 PM) *
Gotta give credit to Neymar for taking the 5th. Ridiculous pressure on that penalty.

Great when it works out but if Brazil went out before the 5th I imagine he'd have got a lot of criticism, or I'm not sure if that was just one of those things only Cristiano would get criticised for, like in the last Euro's.
Danny
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jun 28 2014, 07:22 PM) *
He's not the only one. I mean absolutely no offense to you personally but I think I've disagreed with every post you've made the past week haha. People just disagree sometimes I guess.

None taken, disagreement is perfectly normal. I think I've disagreed with 110% of Kurt's biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.