Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2014
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
han2503
VAN PERSIE sooo close!!!!
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 13 2014, 10:16 PM) *
Spain about to have an Italy-like defence of the title?

As for the penalty I can't blame Rizzoli for giving that because at first glance it looked like Costa's foot was taken out from under him

Personally, I am getting tired of Spain and their tiki-taka. Would not mind to see RVP score a couple more.

EDIT: Or Stefan de Vrij laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
Roncrete has Costa in his back pocket all along. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
han2503
Lol, after 6 years Spain are finally getting punished for not knowing how to defend
Jack Bauer
Spain defence is laughable biggrin.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 13 2014, 09:22 PM) *
Lol, after 6 years Spain are finally getting punished for not knowing how to defend

After having won two Euros and one WC.
Jack Bauer
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
Hahaha.
X-Offender
Casillas with probably the worst performance of his career.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 13 2014, 11:28 PM) *

+1
Forza Milan!
Yes, RVP!!!!
Jack Bauer
F@cking amazing!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
MASSACRE!
X-Offender
What a run by Robben.

But wow, Spain are getting annihilated out there.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 13 2014, 11:17 PM) *
No he didn't. Go and watch the replays again. The Dutch player slides past Costa without making any contact.

laugh.gif

Ah well now that I see it on my computer screen, looks like you were right. mad.gif
han2503
#laughingsohard
Jack Bauer
Ramos gonna sue Robben for r@pe?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 13 2014, 09:28 PM) *

That's the tragedy of it
Jack Bauer
This revenge is Tarantino style.
X-Offender
This game is a perfect example of how Spain completely lose it if you pressure them on every ball for the whole 90 minutes.
kurtsimonw
Torres, haha.
Jack Bauer
So we'll probably have Brazil-Spain in the Round of 16.
han2503
Torres does a Torres
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jun 13 2014, 09:48 PM) *
So we'll probably have Brazil-Spain in the Round of 16.

If they play like this againt Chile I expect another hammering
kurtsimonw
That was a rather enjoyable last hour or so.
Zed.D
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 14 2014, 02:16 AM) *
This game is a perfect example of how Spain completely lose it if you pressure them on every ball for the whole 90 minutes.

It' amazing how other teams let Spain 'impose' their tiki-taka on them for so long. at least they're trying now.

RVP's goal and celebration gave me major goosebumps. guess I was thinking of Holland in 2010 when I said I don't want them to win this world cup. I'm won over for now!
Milan Are Brilliant
That was fantastic laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
Holland, like Brazil, are very likeable I always find.
han2503
Those last 60 minutes or so nearly make up for the shittiness that was 2010
arivanjj
now we have a tournament on our hands. that was just beautiful!
kurtsimonw
So good.

X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 13 2014, 10:37 PM) *
So good.

His run was the best part. Ramos was miles ahead and still lost it.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2014, 03:10 AM) *
Holland, like Brazil, are very likeable I always find.

Exactly, that's why they are my second favorite team. smile.gif And Robben has always been one of my favorite players of this current generation, few favorite players of this current generation. So glad to see him perform like this today, would have preferred a hatrick, to be honest. But amazing stuff, either way. Breathtaking.

The way I like to see football played. happy.gif Pity we don't always get it like this, the game is so off the tangent. And you know what was my favorite sight of this match? Seeing the two smug basturds Blatter and Platini looking like the two smug basturds they are when the scoreline was 5-1.
han2503
My my, Australia are sooo bad, and why the f@ck are they trying to play the ball out defence with players who can barely qualify as professionals against a high pressing team lik Chile? This could get ugly... Spain type ugly biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
if Chile can get anything out of Spain that would be great, they currently have a +6 GD over them. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
All came from the Chile keeper messing about.
arivanjj
utterly disappointing first 30 from socceroos. still in it though
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 14 2014, 12:17 AM) *
Exactly, that's why they are my second favorite team. smile.gif And Robben has always been one of my favorite players of this current generation, few favorite players of this current generation. So glad to see him perform like this today, would have preferred a hatrick, to be honest. But amazing stuff, either way. Breathtaking.

The way I like to see football played. happy.gif Pity we don't always get it like this, the game is so off the tangent. And you know what was my favorite sight of this match? Seeing the two smug basturds Blatter and Platini looking like the two smug basturds they are when the scoreline was 5-1.

I don't mind Holland. (Have liked them since the "Clockwork Orange" days.) Hard not to take them seriously after today, though they have been known to start out strong and then fall apart after a few games.

(I guess I will have to become a Chile fan as well, at least for the group stage. I really do not like Spain.)
acid911
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 14 2014, 04:58 AM) *
I don't mind Holland. (Have liked them since the "Clockwork Orange" days.) Hard not to take them seriously after today, though they have been known to start out strong and then fall apart after a few games.

Agreed. smile.gif But they almost went all the way last time.

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 14 2014, 04:58 AM) *
(I guess I will have to become a Chile fan as well, at least for the group stage. I really do not like Spain.)

Can't say I disagree. tongue.gif I'm rooting for the Aussies, though.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 14 2014, 01:08 AM) *
Agreed. smile.gif But they almost went all the way last time.

Can't say I disagree. tongue.gif I'm rooting for the Aussies, though.

The Aussies almost tied ...
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jun 14 2014, 12:49 AM) *
utterly disappointing first 30 from socceroos. still in it though

Missed the first half. They seem to be doing a lot better now ...
acid911
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 14 2014, 05:11 AM) *
The Aussies almost tied ...

Doesn't surprise me. king.gif The Aussies are the greatest nation in sports, they take athletics and fitness very seriously, and when they get into a sport, they always give their best. Cricket, hockey, football. Not my favorite team by any count, but I've always gotten behind them in all World Cups I've seen them play. Respect.
acid911
QUOTE (William405 @ Jun 13 2014, 01:53 AM) *
Thiago silva is only player I really like in this brazilian squad.

And well, Hernanes. smile.gif And Caesar. The three I care about, the rest are mostly fluff.

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 13 2014, 02:54 AM) *
If all 11 of them were Milan starters I still wouldn't want them to win. I support Milan. Not Italy.

Haha, vintage Danny. biggrin.gif I don't mind Italy all that much, in fact, I consider them the only real and traditional rival to Brazil. But I'd rather them not win this one, I'd rather them not even come close. Because if they do, they have the potential to go all the way. And considering 2006, nah, some other team, please.
Danny
4 matches in and it's been a sparkling feast of football, maybe Mexico and Cameroon match aside.

Loving this tournament, and the Spain result is why I didn't pick them for my semifinal group. After 10 minutes I could tell they just weren't going to win the match. I didn't truly predict them not getting out their group, but seriously? Real possibility of Holland and Chile progressing now.
Danny
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 13 2014, 11:42 PM) *
And well, Hernanes. smile.gif And Caesar. The three I care about, the rest are mostly fluff.

Haha, vintage Danny. biggrin.gif I don't mind Italy all that much, in fact, I consider them the only real and traditional rival to Brazil. But I'd rather them not win this one, I'd rather them not even come close. Because if they do, they have the potential to go all the way. And considering 2006, nah, some other team, please.

I don't actually hate Italy that much, albeit like you I sure don't want them winning this tournament. But I definitely dislike England and Spain way more hence I will be supporting Italy tomorrow night.
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 14 2014, 06:02 AM) *
I don't actually hate Italy that much, albeit like you I sure don't want them winning this tournament. But I definitely dislike England and Spain way more hence I will be supporting Italy tomorrow night.

Ha, fair enough. smile.gif I'm okay with England going to the quarter at least. Better option than Germany, any given four years cycle. Thing with Italy and Germany is that they are awfully hard to stop once they get going. Both are teams with history and tradition, unlike say Spain, which I absolutely don't care an iota about.

Unless, when they are getting humbled, hammer and humiliated like today. tongue.gif Then I do care about them.
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 14 2014, 06:01 AM) *
I didn't truly predict them not getting out their group, but seriously? Real possibility of Holland and Chile progressing now.

Real possibility, indeed. mellow.gif Now only if this happened to Germany too.
kurtsimonw
Chile look crap, Spain will kill them.
dst
That was so satisfying!!

Also, congrats FIFA for deciding to use the Hawk-Eye technology, you're only a decade behind tennis. Well, you're half a century behind most sports in every other aspect so I guess that's a good thing for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.