Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2014
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 16 2014, 12:33 AM) *
I think the Dutch players will start avoiding Milan in big loops now.

Well, think that has mich to do with what we can offer, as opposed to what the issue is/was with Seedorf. Otherwise, there is a whole bunch of people who should be avoiding Milan, starting with some of the fans tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 16 2014, 12:33 AM) *
I think the Dutch players will start avoiding Milan in big loops now.

Well, think that has mich to do with what we can offer, as opposed to what the issue is/was with Seedorf. Otherwise, there is a whole bunch of people who should be avoiding Milan, starting with some of the fans tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
At least goal line technology was of some relevance for once. The match against Honduras had the second goal need goal line to be accurate.
han2503
I personally can't see Argentina going past the quarters or semis depending on who they get until then.

Messi was really bad, kept trying to dribble past players and always got stopped, even his passing was bad at times.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 16 2014, 11:14 AM) *
At least goal line technology was of some relevance for once. The match against Honduras had the second goal need goal line to be accurate.

A longtime coming, UEFA should start to implement the same. Allegri would have two Scudetties with Milan had this technology been present in Serie A.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 16 2014, 10:05 AM) *
Messi was really bad, kept trying to dribble past players and always got stopped, even his passing was bad at times.

I think this year ought to be the beginning of his gradual decline. Granted, the guy is only 26. Most players haven't reached full maturity at that age. But Messi has won everything, and has spent too much in these last 5-6 years. Perhaps his body can't handle it anymore? Can't see the guy at high levels come the age of 30.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 16 2014, 11:10 AM) *
I think this year ought to be the beginning of his gradual decline. Granted, the guy is only 26. Most players haven't reached full maturity at that age. But Messi has won everything, and has spent too much in these last 5-6 years. Perhaps his body can't handle it anymore? Can't see the guy at high levels come the age of 30.

Could be. And also, unlike Ronaldo, I really don't see Messi as an athlete, as you said, his body probably can't take much more

Can't wait until he's 30 ad we sign him biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
I'd love to criticise, but I'm thinking maybe it's the system? For Barca and the first half yesterday, he plays as the most advanced man in the middle, the false 9 for Barca and in a front 2 for Argentina. As soon as they bought on Higuain and he moved deeper, he played behind the strikers and had someone to 1) drag defenders away and 2) to play quick passes with. Both of these things happened for the goal and he looked better in the 2nd half.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 16 2014, 07:14 AM) *

Unfortunately they made a hash of the implementation. By showing the red 'no goal' it confused fans into thinking the goal hadn't been allowed. The only thing they needed to show was the green 'goal' bit.
kurtsimonw
Oh Khedira, have to put that in.
kurtsimonw
Haha. Germany get a penalty for him stretching for a ball and not reaching it. Pathetic. laugh.gif

EDIT: Yeah, he clearly doesn't push him, just 50/50 then Mario stretches for the ball and doesn't get it. Muller is my fantasy team captain though. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
What a great header.
kurtsimonw
Ref 2-0 Portugal, haha.
kurtsimonw
Muller as fantasy captain. cool.gif Needs to work on that celebration though. tongue.gif
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 16 2014, 06:11 PM) *
Haha. Germany get a penalty for him stretching for a ball and not reaching it. Pathetic. laugh.gif

EDIT: Yeah, he clearly doesn't push him, just 50/50 then Mario stretches for the ball and doesn't get it. Muller is my fantasy team captain though. biggrin.gif

PK looked questionable.

Decided to skip WC fantasy, wasting enough time on MLS, and EPL earlier this year. My daughter has being doing ok, though right now she is regretting not having Muller on her team.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jun 16 2014, 06:49 PM) *
PK looked questionable.

Decided to skip WC fantasy, wasting enough time on MLS, and EPL earlier this year. My daughter has being doing ok, though right now she is regretting not having Muller on her team.

I just do one a friend organises, I don't bother with online ones.

Pepe is seriously stupid looking at the replays. I thought he'd been sent off for trying to hold Muller off and Muller diving, but that headbutt is so dumb. laugh.gif
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 16 2014, 06:54 PM) *
I just do one a friend organises, I don't bother with online ones.

Pepe is seriously stupid looking at the replays. I thought he'd been sent off for trying to hold Muller off and Muller diving, but that headbutt is so dumb. laugh.gif

Pepe is a bit of a hothead, stupid of him to do that, but not surprising.
X-Offender
Portugal are poor in every way. Even Ronaldo has been invisible.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 16 2014, 07:08 PM) *
Portugal are poor in every way. Even Ronaldo has been invisible.

Ronaldo is coming off an injury, so not 100%. I would have pulled him out and used him for the next two games. This game is over, time for damage control. (OTOH, as a US fan, I am happy to see him play right now.)

Big miss from Germany after Ronaldo gifted them the ball.
Forza Milan!
Ronaldo getting frustrated ...
kurtsimonw
Ronaldo started well, but as soon as Germany took control he can't get the ball. He's been okay when he's had it.
kurtsimonw
Nani is an awful player, actually awful. I woldn't have him on the Villa bench.
X-Offender
4-0 cool.gif
kurtsimonw
Been a pretty poor game overall, probably only the 2nd bad game. At least there was some goals.
kurtsimonw
2 penalty decisions in the game and the ref got them both wrong. But it's Germany of course, shocker.
kurtsimonw
Next up, the group game the World Cup has been waiting for.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 16 2014, 06:47 PM) *
2 penalty decisions in the game and the ref got them both wrong. But it's Germany of course, shocker.

Sorry Kurt, but you can spot from a mile ahead your total bias. Perhaps there was a penalty for Portugal, yes, but saying that wasn't foul on Goetze is self-denial. And really, since when are Germany known as being favored by referees? Maybe that's something you came up with by yourself.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 16 2014, 08:05 PM) *
Sorry Kurt, but you can spot from a mile ahead your total bias. Perhaps there was a penalty for Portugal, yes, but saying that wasn't foul on Goetze is self-denial. And really, since when are Germany known as being favored by referees? Maybe that's something you came up with by yourself.

Cannavaro and Vieira in the studio agree with me, I guess they're biased and in self-denial too. laugh.gif

I'm not going to get into it though, you're just as pro-Germany as I am anti. Muller hat-trick is brilliant for me on a personal level though.
han2503
Typical Germany to smash through the group stage
acid911
I'm with Kurt on this one. sleep.gif Those German suckers get an awful lot of decisions thrown their way. Hopefully Italy loses to Uruguay and meets Ze Efficient Ones in the Round of 16. We can then rid ourselves of these guys. I still haven't forgotten the disallowed England goal against Germany that was a country mile in.
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 16 2014, 07:29 PM) *
I'm with Kurt on this one. sleep.gif Those German suckers get an awful lot of decisions thrown their way. Hopefully Italy loses to Uruguay and meets Ze Efficient Ones in the Round of 16. We can then rid ourselves of these guys. I still haven't forgotten the disallowed England goal against Germany that was a country mile in.

I don't think Italy can come up against Germany in the last 16. They'll play someone from group C should they progress
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 17 2014, 12:31 AM) *
I don't think Italy can come up against Germany in the last 16. They'll play someone from group C should they progress

I know. mellow.gif They're going to get either of these might teams. Belgium, Algeria, Russia, South Korea. Belgium then, if they can somehow come to the party. Also, a Brazil versus Spain match up in the Last 16 would be quite some spectacle. Luckily, this one is a real possibility.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 16 2014, 08:17 PM) *
Typical Germany to smash through the group stage

Linaker just said this is the 4th successive World Cup they've opened the tournament scoring 4 or more goals! That's ridiculous.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 16 2014, 06:04 PM) *
Next up, the group game the World Cup has been waiting for.

Dunno why but I suspect this match could be a little gem.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 16 2014, 07:08 PM) *
Cannavaro and Vieira in the studio agree with me, I guess they're biased and in self-denial too. laugh.gif

I'm not going to get into it though, you're just as pro-Germany as I am anti. Muller hat-trick is brilliant for me on a personal level though.

Does it matter what Cannvaro and Vieira said? Germany completely annihilated Portugal. Linking their victory to favorable ref calls is beyond words. You guys are just sad.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 16 2014, 08:58 PM) *
Does it matter what Cannvaro and Vieira said? Germany completely annihilated Portugal. Linking their victory to favorable ref calls is beyond words. You guys are just sad.

The red card to Pepe pretty much ended any real hope Portugal might have had. And that was a well deserved RC. From my perspective, I see little chance of US beating Germany, so this result helps (I think), especially with two of Portugal's starters in defense out for the next match.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 17 2014, 12:58 AM) *

I'm not referencing just this match, though, Portugal was smacked fair and square. unsure.gif But I've seen instances where the officials favor Germany against other teams. Just as they favor some other big teams, including Brazil. Now whether FIFA is behind this or not, probably the latter. But big teams usually get some extra bones thrown to them.

This match was a foregone conclusion for most people before it began. Me included. The only variable was by how many goals. Portugal are not Ukraine, and Cristiano is not Shevchenko.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 16 2014, 08:58 PM) *

Does it matter what you said? Germany completely annihilated Portugal. Saying anyone suggested their win was linked to bad calls in beyond words. You are just sad. rolleyes.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
It's hideous how much Portugal expected Cristiano to do anything, he wasn't great but at least he was trying. Of course he will get all the criticism because if he doesn't get a brace or more that's the norm.

This game is horrendous by the way.
acid911
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 17 2014, 01:48 AM) *
It's hideous how much Portugal expected Cristiano to do anything, he wasn't great but at least he was trying. Of course he will get all the criticism because if he doesn't get a brace or more that's the norm.

His real test will be in the next two matches, though. huh.gif More then him, however, the Portugal team should be getting the bulk of the ire, because really, this is no way to play. Ever since their Golden Generation departed, I've never seen one competitive match where they performed par to what they are capable of.

Not that I watch all Portugal matches, but they are a good, it unspectacular team, and they just bottle it.

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 17 2014, 01:48 AM) *

Expectedly. sleep.gif
kurtsimonw
If only Spain played more like Germany. They keep the ball well, but they do it in a far more interesting way.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 16 2014, 08:19 PM) *
Does it matter what you said? Germany completely annihilated Portugal. Saying anyone suggested their win was linked to bad calls in beyond words. You are just sad. rolleyes.gif

That makes no sense, what you just wrote. Germany won fair and square, everyone and their grandmas saw that. Whether they were favored by the ref, that's subjective. I personally don't think the ref made any mistakes, even though you'll just say that's because I'm pro-Germany. Well, no. I'm being honest here, 100%. You're the one who's always biased when it comes to things you don't like.

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 16 2014, 08:48 PM) *

If Ronaldo today was trying, then Messi last night was MVP.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 16 2014, 10:16 PM) *
That makes no sense, what you just wrote. Germany won fair and square, everyone and their grandmas saw that. Whether they were favored by the ref, that's subjective. I personally don't think the ref made any mistakes, even though you'll just say that's because I'm pro-Germany. Well, no. I'm being honest here, 100%. You're the one who's always biased when it comes to things you don't like.

X-Off in not being able to accept anothers opinion, without having to attack their personality, shocker.
Danny
Well that was one of the worst matches in living memory.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 16 2014, 09:41 PM) *
X-Off in not being able to accept anothers opinion, without having to attack their personality, shocker.

Well, sorry, but you make it too obvious. You're never coherent in your arguments. Even in a blatant example like today's game, you still try to find all sorts of justifications. There's a limit to how much one can accept another's opinion.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 16 2014, 07:44 PM) *
Dunno why but I suspect this match could be a little gem.

Last famous words... biggrin.gif tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 16 2014, 11:01 PM) *
Well, sorry, but you make it too obvious. You're never coherent in your arguments. Even in a blatant example like today's game, you still try to find all sorts of justifications. There's a limit to how much one can accept another's opinion.

kurtsimonw
Boateng the almighty World beater is on the bench. Muntari starts.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 16 2014, 10:50 PM) *
Boateng the almighty World beater is on the bench. Muntari starts.

Good luck Ghana. You'll need it!

He'll probably score just to spite me dry.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 16 2014, 11:53 PM) *
Good luck Ghana. You'll need it!

US are the ones that're Ghana need all the luck.

Yeah, that was a poor pun. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.