Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World Cup 2014
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Danny
Have to feel for Chile - the better team by a mile. Once again Brazil were just too scared to try and win, and after a thunderous all-round first half they faded in the second badly and Neymar especially became totally isolated.

Better team lost but football is a cruel, cruel lady.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2014, 09:30 PM) *
Better team lost but football is a cruel, cruel lady.

Yep. Hit the bar in the 120th minute to stop them winning, hit the post in the shootout to put them out. It's amazing how close the margins are in this sport.
kurtsimonw
Honduras and Uruguay are disgusting teams. Even Suarez aside, their aim is to just kick the opposition to death. One of them are out, hope the other is soon.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2014, 10:08 PM) *
Honduras and Uruguay are disgusting teams. Even Suarez aside, their aim is to just kick the opposition to death. One of them are out, hope the other is soon.

Agreed. I do like Bernardez, though. Hopefully will get to see him play later on today ...
Forza Milan!
Cavani is a butcher.

And yessss ! (1-0)
kurtsimonw
James is ridiculous.
Fillipo Simone
I'm all for Uruguay, sorry guys.
Zed.D
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jun 28 2014, 10:43 PM) *
My god, so much self-deprecating...
We insist on getting one of our star players rushed back onto the field in- yes- an irresponsibly short-sighted manner 5 years ago and now you guys act as though our medical staff will meet every teenage signing, the first night of their arrival, armed with a sledgehammer, chainsaw and a thirst for torture...

Am i the only one who doesn`t understand why we should no longer go after youth because of pato?

Ehhem! I don't think you got my point.

I didn't say we should no longer have youngsters because of what happened to Pato, I was specifically talking about Neymar.
Milan Are Brilliant
Ridiculous that goal.

Been fantastic throughout the tournament, seemingly taken that leap now.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 28 2014, 10:48 PM) *
I'm all for Uruguay, sorry guys.

Any particular reason?
Zed.D
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 29 2014, 12:57 AM) *
wtf? When did I say he'd flopped in this tournament? He's been, imo, one of the top 3 performers! blink.gif

I'm 99% sure you said, after the 2nd game, that Neymar had flopped so far blink.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2014, 11:56 PM) *
Any particular reason?

I like them since the 1990's. Tabarez was a Milan coach, I like Godin and Forlan. Milan had many Uruguayan ties.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 17 2014, 11:32 PM) *
Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar have all flopped, and Portugal, Spain, Argentina, France and Brazil have all been ghastly.

Belgium showed signs if they can get their system right they're a force to be reckoned with

You said he flopped here. Also France as "ghastly" was a bit harsh!
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 28 2014, 10:58 PM) *
I like them since the 1990's. Tabarez was a Milan coach, I like Godin and Forlan. Milan had many Uruguayan ties.

Yeah, I have supported Uruguay in the past. Just got utterly disgusted at their reaction to the Suarez incident. I understand them voicing support for their teammate, but you can do that without being insulting to others.

Yesss ! (2-0)

(Rodriguez again.)
kurtsimonw
James is really something special.

Hope Uruguay get embarrassed.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 29 2014, 02:34 AM) *

Thanks for finding it 96.gif
Forza Milan!
Lugano not playing and still got a YC !!!
Milan Are Brilliant
Comfortable for Colombia that, Uruguay a completely different outfit without Suarez.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2014, 09:04 PM) *

I don't even remember that post! But opening match V Croatia yes, he was poor.
kurtsimonw
Uruguay were still quite aggressive, but lacked that extra bit of bite.
Danny
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 28 2014, 09:10 PM) *
Thanks for finding it 96.gif

You're both ganging up on me so you are tongue.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 28 2014, 09:55 PM) *
Comfortable for Colombia that, Uruguay a completely different outfit without Suarez.

As are Liverpool. The guy is a ... I use this term reservedly ... monster on the pitch. He's insanely good as a player and takes ok teams and makes them world class.

I think the ban will totally ruin him as a player, personally speaking.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2014, 11:59 PM) *
As are Liverpool.

Agreed to an extent, though Sturridge did alright at the start of last year, even to the point I think there were honest debates if bringing Suarez would even help the team laugh.gif

With Uruguay though, they just turn into nothing without him, least that has what has shown in both games he hasn't been involved in.
X-Offender
James' goal is probably the best one so far. Pure class.
Fillipo Simone
I prefer Persie's.
Danny
Those two and Cahill's are the 3 screamers of the tournament so far.
Ry4n
I liked James alot but i have a soft spot of Cahil so i will go for his! James to get golden boot tho that would be a nice suprise!
Zed.D
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 29 2014, 03:28 AM) *
You're both ganging up on me so you are

You started it tongue.gif

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 29 2014, 03:36 PM) *
I prefer Persie's.

Me too. I'd never seen a goal quite like Van Persie's, but I've seen similar goals (however few they might be) to James'. it doesn't even matter than James' goal was probably harder to execute, because RVP's goal is one of those iconic WC moments.
Danny
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 29 2014, 02:09 PM) *
You started it tongue.gif

No I didn't! I praised Neymar then you waded in remembering I'd called him a flop. Which, even I accept was harsh but he certainly didn't excel V Croatia. Since then though, he has, albeit not so much V Chile.

Anyway, one player who hasn't flopped is the player of the tournament so far, Rodriguez.

Monaco got him for 45M. His value is probably doubling as we speak. He's only 22 but looks every inch the new Falcao, maybe even better. I thought Falcao's absence would really hurt Colombia, little did I know Rodriguez is actually as good as if not better than his 'mentor'.

But then it's not a surprise if you look at his career stats.

He's actually an incredible striker, and some are saying he's as good Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez. I'd have to agree.

Over reaction? Maybe.
dst
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2014, 07:55 PM) *
You're taking me too literally, and tbh you've been doing so for a few days now. If you have an issue with my posts, out with it.

I don't have an issue with your posts, I just disagree. I really don't get what you mean by saying that I'm taking you too literally? What am I supposed to do? I mean, when you take it to the extreme aren't I supposed to think that you believe something close to what you're saying will happen? Like...

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 29 2014, 12:59 AM) *

What is this? It's not like you're saying something that can't happen. Like if you said "if x happens the world's gonna explode" I obviously wouldn't argue that the world is not going to explode. When you're being serious and you keep saying such things about Suarez what am I supposed to do? I can't listen to the tone of your voice or guess your expression either. So you've now said three extreme things about what's gonna happen to Suarez. Am I still not supposed to take you literally? I'm sorry, I can only respond to what you post.

So what does this mean if taken non-literally then? I can't guess to what degree you mean it's going to totally ruin him!

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 29 2014, 12:58 AM) *
Uruguay were still quite aggressive, but lacked that extra bit of bite.

biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 29 2014, 05:09 PM) *
Me too. I'd never seen a goal quite like Van Persie's, but I've seen similar goals (however few they might be) to James'. it doesn't even matter than James' goal was probably harder to execute, because RVP's goal is one of those iconic WC moments.

Yep, that's the same logic i applied as well. Put it in perfectly devil.gif
kurtsimonw
De Jong subbed after ten minutes. Hmm.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 29 2014, 05:11 PM) *
De Jong subbed after ten minutes. Hmm.

Injury?
Forza Milan!
Mexico doing better than I would have expected. Looking like the better team, AFAIAC.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 28 2014, 11:59 PM) *

Pele:

"Fifa's decision is good and is correct because it sets an example"

"If he was not sanctioned in this way, such incidents could be repeated. No player can do what Luis Suarez did. I believe that the punishment is fair because the parameter can be used henceforth."

(source)
Milan Are Brilliant
That was horrendous to watch.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 29 2014, 07:24 PM) *
Injury?

Must be. He's one of their key players.
Forza Milan!
Mazzola wants Rivera to run FIGC. Interesting choice. Loved Rivera as a player, but was not overly impressed when he was running Milan in the 80's.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 29 2014, 07:50 PM) *
That was horrendous to watch.

Mexico are the poor mans Atletico Madrid.
X-Offender
Holland are clearly suffering the heat.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 29 2014, 06:04 PM) *
Holland are clearly suffering the heat.

When I said this about the Italians I was accused of making excuses

But fact is the European sides do find playing in these conditions far more difficult than their S. American counter parts.
han2503
Why are there SOO many empty seats?
han2503
Goal! Dos Santos!
Fillipo Simone
Not just the heat. Classic van Gaal playing and a overall average defense are starting to cost them. Hopefully the come around.
Milan Are Brilliant
Sneijder biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
And the Hunter. Good. Great.
TriniKing_CE
Heartbreak for Mexico!!! sad.gif

Unlucky!
han2503
This is the only European side that has impressed so far in this tournament, and that's only marginally thanks to them demolishing another European side. And even then, they struggled big time today and needed a penalty to close it out
X-Offender
Yes! F*ck you Mexico!
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 29 2014, 11:57 PM) *
And the Hunter. Good. Great.

Indeed. king.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.