Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [CL] Champions League 2012-13
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Milan Are Brilliant
HOLDERS: Chelsea (English)

UEFA Champions League/European Cup Recent Winners (Since '92):

92/93 Marseille
93/94 AC Milan
94/95 Ajax
95/96 Juventus
96/97 Borussia Dortmund
97/98 Real Madrid
98/99 Manchester United
99/00 Real Madrid
00/01 Bayern Munich
01/02 Real Madrid
02/03 AC Milan
03/04 Porto
04/05 Liverpool
05/06 Barcelona
06/07 AC Milan
07/08 Manchester United
08/09 Barcelona
09/10 Inter Milan
10/11 Barcelona
11/12 Chelsea
CHU-LIP
Can't wait for Luuk de Jong scoring the winner in the final. smile.gif
Jack Bauer
smile.gif Borussia will need to beat Kiev first, who bought several good player this offseason (Kranjcar, Raffael, Veloso...). Will be an interesting game.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 12 2012, 04:53 AM) *
smile.gif Borussia will need to beat Kiev first, who bought several good player this offseason (Kranjcar, Raffael, Veloso...). Will be an interesting game.

You forgot to mention Taiwo. innocent.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 12 2012, 08:47 AM) *
You forgot to mention Taiwo. innocent.gif

Herrmann is going to have

a good time
Fillipo Simone
Well, I still think Reuss will be sorely missed. And if I know Favre's teams - he won't be as successful in Europe as in the Liga.
Fillipo Simone
Luuk de Jong rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

What a poor replacement for Reus. Lazy up front, sloppy with the ball and now manages an own-goal as well. Kiev 3-1 in Germany. Game over for Gladbach I think.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 12 2012, 05:34 AM) *
Can't wait for Luuk de Jong scoring the winner in the final. smile.gif

Instead he just scored an own goal biggrin.gif Borussia losing 1-3 at home.
Jack Bauer
Damn you Fillipo, beat me to it happy.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 21 2012, 10:27 PM) *
Damn you Fillipo, beat me to it happy.gif

Haha, well better luck next time tongue.gif

I feel so sorry for Gladbach. The fans deserved more.
But they payed their prize for inexperience. Daems and Xhaka were awful as well.
X-Offender
Did Taiwo play for Kiev?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 21 2012, 11:41 PM) *
Did Taiwo play for Kiev?

All 90. Didn't do anything remotely bad.
Danny
My ambitions for us are just to get to the last 16. If we manage that, it'll have been a good CL season.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 22 2012, 01:39 AM) *
All 90. Didn't do anything remotely bad.

His passing was bad. He has a habit to pass dangerous balls through the middle. One of them almost cause Borussia to score and the commentator said that because of his error Kiev lost their last league game.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 22 2012, 03:12 PM) *
His passing was bad. He has a habit to pass dangerous balls through the middle. One of them almost cause Borussia to score and the commentator said that because of his error Kiev lost their last league game.

Yes, but this will likely get better when he starts feeling the team. His defending all in all was okay.
Jack Bauer
I doubt it, I just don't rate him at all. He's mediocre at best and very sloppy. We'll see how he will do in the group stage.
kurtsimonw
Udinese a few minutes from going to penalties against Braga.
kurtsimonw
Maicosuel tries a Pirlo and fucks up...
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 29 2012, 01:21 AM) *
Maicosuel tries a Pirlo and fucks up...

What a douchebag. Should be sodomized by his teammates.
kurtsimonw
Udinese out, that was the only miss. Idiot. sad.gif
han2503
Typical Udine.

Only us and Juve in it now. We'll be out by the groups so it's up to Juve to put in a decent showing.

Italy could easily slip behind France at the rate things are going
Jack Bauer
Sad days for Italian football indeed. And seems like it's gonna be like this for quite a while.
kurtsimonw

Serie A could drop below both France and Portugal (especially seeing as Udinese lost to a Portugese side) by next season. The big worry is that although they're currently 9 points ahead of Holland, in 2 years time they'lllose 11 co-efficient points on them. Dropping to 7th would mean yet another CL place gone.
X-Offender
How far away seem Spain, England and Germany. sad.gif
Rossoneri7
@Kurt that is very sad, yet predictable sad.gif
Fillipo Simone
So typical Udinese. Fight all season long, then sell most of their squad and fail to make the CL. Now they'll play a B-squad in the Europa. This is why I prefer Lazio, Roma or Napoli finishing ahead of them.
amancik
Milan
Manchester City
Paris Saint German
Malaga

How about that?

or

Milan
Sporting Braga
Dinamo Zagabria
FC Nords
han2503
QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 29 2012, 01:25 PM) *
Milan
Manchester City
Paris Saint German
Malaga

How about that?

or

Milan
Sporting Braga
Dinamo Zagabria
FC Nords

With our luck, we'll get the first one rolleyes.gif

Man U will get the second since they always get the easy draws
acid911
If we get Paris Saint German, it'll be further proof that UEFA draws are fixed. wink.gif Not that we need any. Almost every time a big transfer takes place between European clubs, the smart alics at UEFA make sure they pitch the two related teams together. The lure of $$$ for them, and drama for fans, is too big to miss.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 29 2012, 03:25 PM) *
Milan
Manchester City
Paris Saint German
Malaga

How about that?

or

Milan
Sporting Braga
Dinamo Zagabria
FC Nords

YEEEESSSSSSSS!! Ever since Milan eliminated my home team some years ago in a CL qualification tie I've been longing for another chance to wear my Milan shirt in my home town with a special reason devil.gif
Jack Bauer
Real
City
Juve
Dortmund
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 29 2012, 01:24 PM) *
So typical Udinese. Fight all season long, then sell most of their squad and fail to make the CL. Now they'll play a B-squad in the Europa. This is why I prefer Lazio, Roma or Napoli finishing ahead of them.

Exactly. Last season they sell Zapata, Inler and Sanchez before the play-off against Arsenal. Now they sell Isla and Asamoah. How do they expect to qualify for or even play in the CL? We keep bashing B&G for being cheap, but this Pozzo dude has made a shitload of money in recent years and has practically signed no-one worth mentioning. They just sell and sell and sell. Ridiculous.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 29 2012, 03:51 PM) *
How do they expect to qualify for the CL?

I don't think they expect to. Yet despite the sales they've still done it 2 years straight.

I don't they're comparable to Milan either. They averaged 15,000 fans in a season where they finished top 3. Not many outside of Italy will have even heard of them, they have to sell to stay alive pretty much. Milan have regular CL income, a big worldwide fanbase and an average attendance over 3 times as big. Udinese fans can't really complain since they don't put much money into the club and still get to see a good team. Milan fans put lots of money in the club and get **** back.
Jack Sparrow
I don't think we put in that much money into the club to be honest. Our matchday income is incredibly tiny.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 29 2012, 08:05 PM) *
I don't they're comparable to Milan either. They averaged 15,000 fans in a season where they finished top 3. Not many outside of Italy will have even heard of them, they have to sell to stay alive pretty much. Milan have regular CL income, a big worldwide fanbase and an average attendance over 3 times as big. Udinese fans can't really complain since they don't put much money into the club and still get to see a good team. Milan fans put lots of money in the club and get **** back.

+1. sleep.gif Love them or hate them, Udinese has one of the better youth and scouting setup. And it's there for one reason alone. Unearthing and snapping up good players with the intent to sell them to bigger clubs. Farming at it's best. Or worst. And oh, can't really say I care for them, they are free to do whatever their heart desires.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 29 2012, 04:17 PM) *
I don't think we put in that much money into the club to be honest. Our matchday income is incredibly tiny.

45k fans on average? I wasn't talking about just match day income, how many Milan shirts are sold worldwide? A lot I would imagine.
Danny
Not read the whole thread through laziness. Can someone tell me when the draw tomorrow is BST?
Jack Sparrow
45 k fans, but they pay much less in Italy than for example in England or Germany for a match day ticket. The San Siro has pretty low ticket prices.

Milan shirts are a good point. I'll go so far as to say we might even be top in Italy, but as I've been trying to explain for sometime now, top in Italy is still way off the heavy hitter range.

But yes, I understand here the context is with Udinese. No question.

Udinese's model is pretty unique in Italy.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 29 2012, 04:27 PM) *
45 k fans, but they pay much less in Italy than for example in England or Germany for a match day ticket. The San Siro has pretty low ticket prices.

Milan shirts are a good point. I'll go so far as to say we might even be top in Italy, but as I've been trying to explain for sometime now, top in Italy is still way off the heavy hitter range.

But yes, I understand here the context is with Udinese. No question.

Udinese's model is pretty unique in Italy.

Yeah, my point was as a comparison with Udinese regarding finances/player sales. Of course in comparison with similar stature sides in other leagues, Milan have a far lower income.

We really do need to look at getting our own stadium. sad.gif
Jack Sparrow
Well Udinese's model is to have probably THE best South American scouting system in Europe, while making sure that moving players on for a profit keeps them going.

They run a risk of course, of being priced out. But so far it has been successful.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 29 2012, 05:17 PM) *

Yeah, right smile.gif
d'Arc.LP
Uefa Champions League 2012/13 - Winner coefficients

• FC Barcelona3.9
• Real Madrid4.5
• Manchester City7.5
• Manchester United11.0
• FC Bayern München12.0
• Chelsea FC14.0
• Juventus Turin15.0
• Paris Saint Germain18.0
• Borussia Dortmund22.0
• Arsenal FC22.0
• AC Milan24.0
kurtsimonw
Is Juventus Turin their official club name? I never knew that if true.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 29 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Is Juventus Turin their official club name? I never knew that if true.

No, Germans call them by this name. Their founding name is Sport Club Juventus, but F. C. Juventus nowadays. It has something to do with their crooked past, present and future management(s) wink.gif

Poor Gladbach, almost got it right. What a waist de Jong is.
CHU-LIP
it HUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTS
SSSS
Fillipo Simone
It does. Mostly because the next chance will most probably occur in about...10-15 years.
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 30 2012, 12:20 AM) *
it HUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTS
SSSS

Why do you care? Gladbach fan?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2012, 12:32 AM) *

yes
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2012, 12:32 AM) *

Well, they've really deserved it. Last season they played so good and now all the effort was virtually for nothing.
d'Arc.LP
CL draw pots :

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.