Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Player Injury Thread
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Fillipo Simone
Yeah, I agree, that's what I was thinking as well.
TriniKing_CE
dry.gif And so it has officially begun...
Fillipo Simone
It never stopped to be more precise.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 4 2012, 07:25 PM) *
It never stopped to be more precise.

True. sleep.gif So very true. I year for the day when we'll have more than 90% of our players fit and available!
drucurl
Wow $hitlegri ohmy.gif

My money's on him making the players do keep ups with rocks cool.gif Would make sense since Pato is supposed to have the hardest shot in our team
d'Arc.LP
This is ridiculous.
X-Offender
It's unbelievable that after all that happened last season, we still haven't fixed the problem.
Zed.D
Who cares about injuries? we are il club piu titolato al mondo. that's what matters rolleyes.gif
dst
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 5 2012, 02:54 AM) *
Who cares about injuries? we are il club piu titolato al mondo. that's what matters rolleyes.gif

and we're not even that in fact...
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 5 2012, 04:07 AM) *
and we're not even that in fact...

We're not? unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 5 2012, 01:54 AM) *

Anything that count Super Cups and not league titles clearly is irrelevant. It's embarassing when the club bring this up.
Fillipo Simone
I don't think it's embarrassing at all. Anyway, it has nothing to do with injuries.
dst
I do find it embarrassing too and don't like it at all. And what it Galliani who last year said something in the lines of "we have to thank Corinthians for beating Boca Juniors and allowing us to remain the bla bla bla"? I find that a bit ungentlemanly. I wish Boca Juniors will win another one soon.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 5 2012, 05:16 AM) *
We're not? unsure.gif

No because Boca have the same number of titles as we do. And they're just some Juniors for ****'s sake!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 5 2012, 03:54 AM) *

Boateng, Montolivo, Robinho, Pato ... all out injured.

This is a position I suspected we would be in. Anyways, its a mid-table finish for il club piu titolato al mondo, hence we seem like we are steadily moving towards our objective king.gif
d'Arc.LP
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 5 2012, 12:17 PM) *
I do find it embarrassing too and don't like it at all. And what it Galliani who last year said something in the lines of "we have to thank Corinthians for beating Boca Juniors and allowing us to remain the bla bla bla"? I find that a bit ungentlemanly. I wish Boca Juniors will win another one soon.

Agreed.

It'd be like Rangers calling themself the Greatest league club of all-time because they have the most league titles. With all due respect to Danny and this is not intended to insult but make a point, t'd be embarassing for them to claim such a thing due to the lack of prestige the league holds.
Fillipo Simone
But how is this related to Milan, who won prestigious titles?
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 5 2012, 08:34 PM) *

The way I rank titles, Real Madrid are the most successful club in the world.
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 5 2012, 09:30 PM) *
The way I rank titles, Real Madrid are the most successful club in the world.

Those titles being national championship and Champions League? Well, let's not forget that Madrid won 5 of its 9 CL titles when my grandma was a teenager.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 5 2012, 07:34 PM) *

European Super Cup, Cup Winners Cup And World Club Cup are not prestigious to me.

Oh and how many injuries is it we have now?
kurtsimonw
Serie A injuries last few years
arivanjj
nasty. most of last season was cause of pato but still way too much compared to other clubs.
Fillipo Simone
Interesting. Sky high right now for Milan. But take Napoli for example: almost every season a small roster of players and a low injury rate. Now take Juve and you see that their problems stopped the year they won the scudetto but made no changes in the medical team.

Jack Bauer
servbot
What's encouraging is that this chart makes it look like last year was just a crazy statistical outlier, with Juve having the exact opposite. I hate to make excuses for things, but I think it's pretty clear that without that crazy swing of bad luck for us, good luck for Juve, that Milan would still be the reigning Serie A champs.

That Napoli has been able to keep their numbers far below the average for 5 straight years is very intriguing. At what point does statistical variance cease to be a factor and perhaps they truly do have better training methods than the rest?
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 7 2012, 02:07 AM) *

This is crazy. and I blame bad management. whatever it is, there must be a way to fix it.
Fillipo Simone
You blame management?
Ry4n
Who ever is to blame is f**king shocking. Napoli look great with those statistics.
Jack Bauer
Here's how Napoli preventing injuries:

Napoli ban sex two days before matches to prevent injuries
Zed.D
Good thing Barbara dumped Pato then.
Jack Bauer
According to milannews, Boateng and Abate should be ready for the next league game vs Atalanta, Robinho and Pato could return within the next two weeks but Montolivo might take a little longer.
X-Offender
IMO, from what I've read lately, Montolivo, Robinho and Pato will return against Zenit. Until they get back, I think this is how we should play:

Opinions?
Fillipo Simone
I'd try out Constant. During the season training matches he did well IMO and now is the perfect time to give him a shot.

But that, just like your tactical display XO, would mean Allegri makes minor changes. I don't think he's up to it.
William405
When is our next match?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 9 2012, 11:43 PM) *
I'd try out Constant. During the season training matches he did well IMO and now is the perfect time to give him a shot.

But that, just like your tactical display XO, would mean Allegri makes minor changes. I don't think he's up to it.

It's futile continuing with the 4-3-1-2, especially without a playmaker in midfield. Apparently Allegri has been trying the 4-3-3, but I think, given our men, we should try out the 4-2-3-1. Emanuelson did great in pre-season, time to give him a chance.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 10 2012, 12:02 AM) *
When is our next match?

Saturday against Atalanta at the San Siro.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 10 2012, 12:12 AM) *
It's futile continuing with the 4-3-1-2, especially without a playmaker in midfield. Apparently Allegri has been trying the 4-3-3, but I think, given our men, we should try out the 4-2-3-1. Emanuelson did great in pre-season, time to give him a chance.

You think he's a better option then Constant? I'm not so sure.
han2503
While I completely agree with x-off that we absolutely need a change of system as the diamond won't work without a pure trequartista, I can't see Allegri really doing that, and for me, a 4-3-3 is not the way to go either as we'd need very specific type of players for that and we just don't have that.

So, with that siad, Filippo is right. Constant will just have to take Monto's place in midfield, as for who will replace Boateng for the Atalanta game, I have a bad feeling it will be Urby. And don't get me wrong, I have nothing against him, I think he's a great rotation player to have on the team, but he just cannot be played as an AM
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 10 2012, 12:23 AM) *
You think he's a better option then Constant? I'm not so sure.

Yes, I think so.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 10 2012, 12:40 AM) *
While I completely agree with x-off that we absolutely need a change of system as the diamond won't work without a pure trequartista, I can't see Allegri really doing that, and for me, a 4-3-3 is not the way to go either as we'd need very specific type of players for that and we just don't have that.

You never know.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 9 2012, 10:50 PM) *
Yes, I think so.

You never know.

I think a 4-3-3 is the furthest he'll deviate from his preferred system. I honsetly cannot see him switching to a 4-2-3-1, even though I think that would make the most sense for us at this point (even when the injured players return)

Abate--Mexes--Zapata--Antonini
Monto--De Jong
Urby/Bojan--Prince--Robinho
Pato/Pazzini
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 10 2012, 12:53 AM) *
I think a 4-3-3 is the furthest he'll deviate from his preferred system. I honsetly cannot see him switching to a 4-2-3-1, even though I think that would make the most sense for us at this point (even when the injured players return)

Abate--Mexes--Zapata--Antonini
Monto--De Jong
Urby/Bojan--Prince--Robinho
Pato/Pazzini

Where is our best player of the season (so far) ?
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 10 2012, 01:36 AM) *
Where is our best player of the season (so far) ?

You mean, Nocerino? unsure.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 10 2012, 02:03 AM) *
You mean, Nocerino? unsure.gif

are you being serious?

De Sciglio obviously
Fillipo Simone
You're serious? I mean, he did okay, but best player of the season? With 2 matches played?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 10 2012, 02:12 AM) *
You're serious? I mean, he did okay, but best player of the season? With 2 matches played?

best Milan player those two matches combined

you disagree?

De Sciglio should not be benched at this point
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 10 2012, 02:09 AM) *
are you being serious?

De Sciglio obviously

Well, I just couldn't think of anyone, since IMO De Sciglio has done just OK, definitely not best player material.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 10 2012, 02:16 AM) *
Well, I just couldn't think of anyone, since IMO De Sciglio has done just OK, definitely not best player material.

yet you could think of Nocerino, our worst player from last match ...

and just OK? sure...
Fillipo Simone
Did he provide an assist? Did he score? Was he put really up to the test by on offensive right-flank player? Did he made some important tackles or shut some dangerous player? Cause that's what it takes to be more then fair or okay.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 10 2012, 03:28 AM) *
Did he provide an assist? Did he score? Was he put really up to the test by on offensive right-flank player? Did he made some important tackles or shut some dangerous player? Cause that's what it takes to be more then fair or okay.

when Pazzini scored his 3rd, guess which player was responsible for Milan getting the chance to score...

which is just an example, but if you wants stats like goals and assists, sorry, can't help you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.