Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Player Injury Thread
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Jack Bauer
Meanwhile, Juve have a fully fit squad.. dry.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Apr 9 2012, 06:32 PM) *

Unbelievable.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Apr 9 2012, 05:32 PM) *

Only playing Serie A has it's benefits wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 9 2012, 05:53 PM) *
Only playing Serie A has it's benefits wink.gif

And having a medical team that know what they're doing helps a lot as well wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 10 2012, 03:51 PM) *
And having a medical team that know what they're doing helps a lot as well

Voodoo. mellow.gif Witch doctors! No other reason.
Zed.D
Whoever thought of opening this thread first is a genius. I never expected it to have 27 pages already.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 10 2012, 12:32 PM) *
Whoever thought of opening this thread first is a genius. I never expected it to have 27 pages already.

i never wanted it to be this big... dry.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 10 2012, 04:32 PM) *

28 with your post tongue.gif
X-Offender
Full training today for van Bommel.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 11 2012, 03:45 PM) *
Full training today for van Bommel.

No word on the FBs?

What's the problem with Abate and Antonini?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 11 2012, 05:49 PM) *
No word on the FBs?

What's the problem with Abate and Antonini?

Only running for Antonini, no word on Abate.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 11 2012, 04:04 PM) *
Only running for Antonini, no word on Abate.

So we'll most likely be seeing Bonera at RB and Zambro at LB for the next game...

Better than what we fielded against Chievo. That line-up was of nightmarish proportions
Fillipo Simone
What's with Mesbah?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 11 2012, 06:20 PM) *
So we'll most likely be seeing Bonera at RB and Zambro at LB for the next game...

Better than what we fielded against Chievo. That line-up was of nightmarish proportions

I'm curious to see if Boateng will make it. He's becoming a second enigma, after Pato.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 11 2012, 06:25 PM) *
What's with Mesbah?

Don't know, don't care.
Fillipo Simone
Well, against hard opposition he's useless but against the lighter teams he gives us options in a hopeless situation.
X-Offender
According to La Gazzetta, Boateng might suffer from groin (pubalgia in Italian, don't know exactly know what it is). If it's true, his season might be over.

Link

Ahem... rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
Hernia? He's got a hernia of the groin! dry.gif
Zed.D
First Pato and now probably Prince. who's next? rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 12 2012, 01:22 PM) *
Hernia? He's got a hernia of the groin! dry.gif

Yeah, I think that's it. Terrible injury, if true. He had the same problem last year in January after Dubai and was out for a very long time. It looks like Prince is turning to be another injury case. Which is more of a reason to sign a new trequartista for next season.
il_diavolo_mtl
In times of trouble, we must look to Merkel
X-Offender
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Apr 13 2012, 01:07 AM) *
In times of trouble, we must look to Merkel

I read he'll become entirely Genoa's when we'll acquire all the rights to El Shaarawy this summer.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 12 2012, 07:21 PM) *
I read he'll become entirely Genoa's when we'll acquire all the rights to El Shaarawy this summer.

Interesting. What are are the thoughts on this?
acid911
Frankly speaking? I'd have kept him. sleep.gif Him and El Shaarawy both, of course. Decent and cheap backup.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 12 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Frankly speaking? I'd have kept him. sleep.gif Him and El Shaarawy both, of course. Decent and cheap backup.

Well, I would prefer this as well, but it's not to say I will at all be one bit surprised if this were to be true.

After all, we do tend to have a poor record when it comes to handling our youth players and their contracts.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 13 2012, 02:47 AM) *

+1
acid911
What's sad is that we'll probably go looking for an expensive (and older) replacement once the senior retire. And fail most probably too. When we could have nurtured this guy and gave him development time. sad.gif Shaarawy and Merkel aren't the same kind of players, occupy different positions, and play a different game.

To have them both would have meant giving the necessary rest to our first XI at regular intervals. Oh well!
Jack Sparrow
I dunno. I look and Kroos and I look at Merkel...and I think we're diluting quality if we keep him on.
X-Offender
Merkel is a very promising prospect. Giving him away to Genoa would be idiotic, to say the least. I'd keep him, Strasser and El Shaarawy without thinking twice.
X-Offender
Kevin-Prince Boateng underwent a magnetic resonance imaging yesterday which revealed an inflammation in the superior part of the pubis. There is no information about when he might recover, but with all probability his season is already over.

Link

There goes Boateng as well. His injuries are really starting to worry me, especially when I consider that his substitute in Allegri's mind is Emanuelson. dry.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 13 2012, 01:38 PM) *
I dunno. I look and Kroos and I look at Merkel...and I think we're diluting quality if we keep him on.

Wrong comparison to make, for starters. wink.gif And besides, the amount of injuries we get it is vitally important, and importantly vital that we secure our positions with not one but two players for each key position. In fact, all positions. And keeping people like Merkel at 1m or less per season, with a few scattered minutes is a must.

If nothing more, youngsters like him can come in at the 60-70-80 minute marks, to give our starters a rest.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 13 2012, 08:18 PM) *
Merkel is a very promising prospect. Giving him away to Genoa would be idiotic, to say the least. I'd keep him, Strasser and El Shaarawy without thinking twice.

Exactly. All three must be kept without thinking once, not twice in my opinion. Once the senior leave, what are you going to have as cover?! Bring in more Flaminis?! Nah, I'd rather keep all three. And besides, at least Merkel displays a bit of a natural talent, that minimal hint of swagger, and more importantly a wee drop of flair.

Which is much more than that can be said of someone like Emanusleon. dry.gif There I said it.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 13 2012, 09:01 PM) *
His injuries are really starting to worry me, especially when I consider that his substitute in Allegri's mind is Emanuelson.

Well Boateng isn't much of an AM in the truest sense of the word, but when you bring up Emanuelson, that doesn't leave much of a room for debate either. sad.gif Pretty big loss anyway you look at it. I just hope he has a beast of a season next year. This one has been in absolute tatters!
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 13 2012, 09:47 PM) *
Well Boateng isn't much of an AM in the truest sense of the word, but when you bring up Emanuelson, that doesn't leave much of a room for debate either. sad.gif Pretty big loss anyway you look at it. I just hope he has a beast of a season next year. This one has been in absolute tatters!

I don't think we can count on that. It's too risky to rely on such a player, only to end up having to play someone like Emanuelson for the majority of the season. We need to sign a new AM, possibly Eriksen.
acid911
Agreed. mellow.gif But miracles do happen, every once in a while. Ditto on a new AM, Eriksen or better.
TriniKing_CE
Any word on Thiago's recovery thus far? unsure.gif
Zed.D
+1. I thought he was gonna be out for 3-4 weeks. feels much more than that already.
William405
Hurd he'll be back for bologna :S
Jack Sparrow
Keep Merkel, Strasser, Sharaawy ; let Seedorf etc etc go...for COVER??!! COVER??!!

I'm frickin tired of cover. I want first team players. The reason we're in this mess is we have cover and more cover but little quality!

Oh MvB is injured, no problem, we got Flamini to cover, Flamini is injured, no problem we got Muntari to cover.

dry.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Apr 17 2012, 09:02 AM) *
Hurd he'll be back for bologna :S

He should be available for Genoa next week.
William405
Cool either way,we have Mexes and Nesta atm no?
acid911
He can't get back soon enough. happy.gif The only rock we have in the team.
X-Offender
According to Milan Channel, Thiago Silva and Boateng should be back between the Genoa and Siena games, 25 and 29 April.
acid911
As long as they'll be back. sleep.gif
Zed.D
Last post was 9 days ago. that's a record! *knocks on wood*
Fillipo Simone
Injury plague has been substituted by the temporary insanity of Allegri.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 29 2012, 01:38 PM) *

For real... Ain't that the truth! dry.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 29 2012, 10:38 PM) *

Summed it up in a sentence. sleep.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 29 2012, 05:38 PM) *

Yep, we can't seem to catch a break this season
Zed.D
I just noticed this:

According to Milan Channel, Thiago Silva and Boateng should be back between the Genoa and Siena games, 25 and 29 April.

rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
Well, I think Silva was fit before the Siena game, but Allegri just didn't call him up, for precaution or whatever.
Zed.D
He better be ready/be called up for the derby...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.