Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Player Injury Thread
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
X-Offender
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Feb 27 2012, 04:34 PM) *
Suma: Bonera (calf) & Nesta (knee) are in doubt. Boateng will be back against Arsenal or Lecce. Aquilani will return after that."

d'Arc.LP
We expected Aquilani for the first game against Arsenal and look now, he can't play in the second leg either.

So we either don't want to play him so we don't activate his clause for the obligatory buy or MilanLab screwed him too.
X-Offender
We also expected Nesta for the first leg against Arsenal, now he's in doubt for Palermo. Not to mention the Boateng case. Bottom line: if a Milan player is supposed to recover after 3 weeks from an injury, add to that 2 weeks of MilanLab screwing the injured player even more.
Fillipo Simone
That's just...mind blowing.
Jack Bauer
Simply can't catch a break. On the other hand, the zebra scum almsot injury free all season dry.gif
X-Offender
I remember Allegri's interview 2-3 weeks ago when he was saying we were finally getting all our players back. Sorry Max, but you've been duped. sleep.gif
d'Arc.LP
Training Updates: The team is back to training after break. Gattuso & Flamini are training with the rest of group.

Training Updates: Bonera & Maxi Lopez trained separately. Boateng, Pato & Cassano have cycling session.

Training Updates: Abbiati, Amelia,Roma, Antonini, Zambrotta,Calvano, Carmona, Ambrosini,Flamini, Valoti,Robinho & Inzaghi made full training.
X-Offender
What about Aquilani? unsure.gif
d'Arc.LP
No news about him.
X-Offender
I guess they've all forgotten about him. laugh.gif
d'Arc.LP
Well, probably he didn't train at all since they didn't mention him.
X-Offender
Whatever is wrong with him, anyway? He hasn't a played a single game since December, and we're at March in two days. Wasn't he supposed to be out for only a month? This is beyond ridiculous.
amancik
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 29 2012, 02:04 AM) *
Whatever is wrong with him, anyway? He hasn't a played a single game since December, and we're at March in two days. Wasn't he supposed to be out for only a month? This is beyond ridiculous.

Why was he out again? I can't remember what kind of injury he suffered in December.
X-Offender
QUOTE (amancik @ Feb 28 2012, 08:34 PM) *
Why was he out again? I can't remember what kind of injury he suffered in December.

I can't remember. I just hope this isn't a cheap tactic by Galliani to prevent him from reaching the 25 games mark, which would obligate us to sign him. He's only 5 games shy from reaching that amount.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 28 2012, 09:51 PM) *
I can't remember. I just hope this isn't a cheap tactic by Galliani to prevent him from reaching the 25 games mark, which would obligate us to sign him. He's only 5 games shy from reaching that amount.

No way in hell lol...
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 28 2012, 02:51 PM) *

That's what i'd expect, i think they were going to see Emauelson's development before making the aquilani signing permanent. Expect Eman to start over a healthy Aquilani for the rest of the year dry.gif
X-Offender
It's just €6 million, to be paid in two installments, for a player that is quite important to us. Could we be that cheap?
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 28 2012, 04:32 PM) *
It's just €6 million, to be paid in two installments, for a player that is quite important to us. Could we be that cheap?

i don't agree with it, but i can see Allegri wanting a more mobile player in his midfield then aquilani
X-Offender
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 28 2012, 10:34 PM) *
i don't agree with it, but i can see Allegri wanting a more mobile player in his midfield then aquilani

That doesn't mean we don't keep him.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 28 2012, 04:35 PM) *
That doesn't mean we don't keep him.

Again, i'm really indifferent, but i can see Galliani not wanting to buy him...
Fillipo Simone
I don't know what to say; he's been good, but he's also injury-prone, and we have Montolivo coming up next summer.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 28 2012, 04:37 PM) *
I don't know what to say; he's been good, but he's also injury-prone, and we have Montolivo coming up next summer.

He'll be more of a fit IMO, he can defend a lot better then Aquilani while offering mostly the same going forward...
X-Offender
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 28 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Again, i'm really indifferent, but i can see Galliani not wanting to buy him...

I think he's a player Allegri likes. He found his right position in midfield as RCM with Nocerino as LCM. Honestly, as I don't see us making extravagant signings this summer, it's a really good midfield with Boateng as AM. Then, Montolivo is also coming for free, which means we'll have an equal attractive substitute should Aquilani get injured. This is the best we can afford right now.
X-Offender
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 28 2012, 10:39 PM) *
He'll be more of a fit IMO, he can defend a lot better then Aquilani while offering mostly the same going forward...

Aquilani > Montolivo.

sleep.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 28 2012, 10:42 PM) *
Aquilani > Montolivo.

sleep.gif

+1

Btw. you guys think we're gonna keep Muntari? If he maintains the same level of displays, I'd certainly sign him!
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 28 2012, 04:42 PM) *
Aquilani > Montolivo.

sleep.gif

I don't disagree at all, i'm simply stating that Monto is more of a fit in our system...
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 28 2012, 10:45 PM) *
+1

Btw. you guys think we're gonna keep Muntari? If he maintains the same level of displays, I'd certainly sign him!

Of course. He'd come for free anyway. Another player that could come for free and that I'd love us to sign is Keita. He'd be the perfect replacement for Ambrosini.

In other news, Boateng will certainly miss the Palermo game, Pato is in doubt as well.

Link

Hopefully he recovers for Arsenal. We really need him there! Boateng, that is.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 28 2012, 04:45 PM) *
+1

I've actually always found him to be very underrated, even at Inter, where i feel he was misused. I do think he is a perfect player for our system, mostly an unspectacular defensively-minded hard worker who is quick on the counter and has underrated offensive abilities.
X-Offender
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 28 2012, 10:52 PM) *
I've actually always found him to be very underrated, even at Inter, where i feel he was misused. I do think he is a perfect player for our system, mostly an unspectacular defensively-minded hard worker who is quick on the counter and has underrated offensive abilities.

He's the perfect sub for Nocerino.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 28 2012, 04:54 PM) *
He's the perfect sub for Nocerino.

I agree completely, and this may offend all haters of defensive game-planning, but with the RM position stil up for grabs, he could very well win over that position. I obviously hope for us to sign a better mid, but with the overall stinginess of management, i don't see management signing a proper Am and moving Boatang to RM, nor to I feel that Montolivo is above competing for his position, should we sign him.

PS. I do expect to be bashed for management's lack of competitive ambition in writing this. innocent.gif
X-Offender
Pato to miss Palermo as well. Muscular problems.

Link

So, he's been out for most of the season. Gets back against Arsenal, plays a couple of minutes and is injured again. Gets back against Juventus, plays an unwatchable first half, is injured again. Honestly, this is getting worse and worse. Pato's contribution for this season will probably be zero, and considering Cassano's forfeiture, our only reliable strikers are and will be Ibra and Robinho, with Maxi and El Shaarawy popping up once in a while. So depressing...
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 29 2012, 09:24 AM) *
Pato to miss Palermo as well. Muscular problems.

Link

So, he's been out for most of the season. Gets back against Arsenal, plays a couple of minutes and is injured again. Gets back against Juventus, plays an unwatchable first half, is injured again. Honestly, this is getting worse and worse. Pato's contribution for this season will probably be zero, and considering Cassano's forfeiture, our only reliable strikers are and will be Ibra and Robinho, with Maxi and El Shaarawy popping up once in a while. So depressing...

If it's any consolation, El Sha mostly looked sharp yesterday...
Fillipo Simone
Don't forget Pippo smile.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 29 2012, 03:45 PM) *
Don't forget Pippo smile.gif

Tell that to Allegri. tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 29 2012, 05:55 PM) *
Tell that to Allegri. tongue.gif

I know, it's frustrating.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 29 2012, 01:06 PM) *
I know, it's frustrating.

Pippo doesn't fit the system. Hedoesnt have the fitness to do much defensive work and he's never had much in the way of ball handling skill. It's tough to see a legend out in the cold but he just doesn't fit.
Fillipo Simone
Doesn't fit the system? He's a pure striker, every system would need a player like him. But yes, he's past his prime. Yet, he sure does deserve more then he gets.
d'Arc.LP
Mauro Suma at Milan Channel said tomorrow will be a key day for the injured, there's hope* on Bonera to start alongside Thiago Silva.

*Suma doesn't really mean hope. I think he wanted to say fear but it wouldn't be fair.

SUMA: "Nesta could be back vs Arsenal, Pato wont play vs Palermo. Boateng could return vs Arsenal, Lecce or Parma. Aquilani is better"

SUMA: "We'll know more about Maxi tomorrow. Flamini could be called up vs Palermo"
Fillipo Simone
Well, with Yepes gone, Mexes suspended and Nesta questionable, Bonera is hope, like it or not.
X-Offender
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Feb 29 2012, 07:42 PM) *
Boateng could return vs Arsenal, Lecce or Parma.

First it was against Arsenal. Then it was against Arsenal or Lecce. Now it's against Arsenal, Lecce or Parma. sleep.gif
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 29 2012, 01:14 PM) *
Doesn't fit the system? He's a pure striker, every system would need a player like him. But yes, he's past his prime. Yet, he sure does deserve more then he gets.

I think Allegri expects a more complete game from his forwards. I think that's one reason Pato has struggled along with the injuries and why Pippo doesn't get much time.
X-Offender
Allegri plays a system without proper strikers, meaning that all forwards must make movement in order to widen the game. Pato is too stationary and passive in that aspect. Against Juve it was like we were playing with 10 men.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 29 2012, 03:49 PM) *
Allegri plays a system without proper strikers, meaning that all forwards must make movement in order to widen the game. Pato is too stationary and passive in that aspect. Against Juve it was like we were playing with 10 men.

Exactly. All of our forwards that have had periods of success (Ibra, Robinho when he can shoot, and Cassano before he had his incident) all tracked back extensively. Many times a game they will take turns dropping back to midfield allowing Nocerino or Boateng to make forward runs.
Fillipo Simone
Yeah, sure, but a scorer like Pippo nevertheless is always good. Not as a starter, but in some occasions as a bench bonus or a late joker.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 29 2012, 10:27 PM) *
Yeah, sure, but a scorer like Pippo nevertheless is always good. Not as a starter, but in some occasions as a bench bonus or a late joker.

No doubt about that.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2012, 02:27 AM) *

Come again? huh.gif
Jack Bauer
Alexandre Pato is also expected to miss this weekend’s clash with Palermo, as the Milan forward’s muscular problems continue.

‘The Duck’ has missed most of the season due to a series of recurring thigh injuries and picked up a new one during the first half of Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Juventus.

Pato has not taken part in full training yet this week, so is very unlikely to recover in time for this weekend’s game against Palermo.

Alessandro Nesta and Kevin-Prince Boateng are also not expected to make it, so Daniele Bonera should start in central defence in place of the suspended Philippe Mexes.

Maxi Lopez will undergo further tests on Thursday to see if he is ready for his comeback, but Zlatan Ibrahimovic is available after the end of his three-match ban.

http://www.football-italia.net/node/16191

depressing...
arivanjj
beyond depressing. poor kid. its getting hard for him to keep his head up
il_diavolo_mtl
I swear guys, i never thought this thread would amount to so much dispair, i simply thought it would serve to unify all of the information sad.gif
d'Arc.LP
Former director of Milan Lab, Jean-Pierre Meersseman, is at Milanello this week to help evalaute the condition of every Milan player.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.