Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Player Injury Thread
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 1 2012, 10:06 AM) *
Firstly, I think in a tactical constellation Robinho is more desirable in this match as starter then Pato. Secondly, I honestly don't think we should push Pato directly into the fire; he hasn't played a real match for weeks and suddenly he should start in what is called the match of the season. No, I'd keep him on the bench as a joker.

Agreed

Don't forget that Pato will not drop down as deep as Robinho would, not to mention the fact that Pato must be very rusty on the ball as we saw against Juve this season, he might be physically in great condition, but that does not mean that he'll do great in a match where you have to make every ounze of possession count

So I say we push him in during the second half, try to catch Barca out when the game is opening up a bit
Zed.D
How do you know the game will be opening up in the second half? we could concede 2 goals in the 1st half and the tie will be all but over.

We should go for it from minute 1. it's Barca (at home) we're talking about not Juventus.
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 2 2012, 12:02 AM) *
We should go for it from minute 1. it's Barca (at home) we're talking about not Juventus.

Wise words. smile.gif Treat it as a final. If we can't win or draw against Barcelona in a single match, then most probably we don't deserve to go through, simple as that. Play a good 90 minutes, and match them blow for blow.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 1 2012, 10:10 PM) *
If we can't win or draw against Barcelona in a single match, then most probably we don't deserve to go through, simple as that.

Can't agree. Knocking out Barcelona for us would be something extraordinary. If we can't manage it, it would only be normal and expected.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 2 2012, 01:25 AM) *
Can't agree. Knocking out Barcelona for us would be something extraordinary. If we can't manage it, it would only be normal and expected.

Which is kind of what I said. happy.gif We shouldn't be expecting to progress if we go out now, after holding them in our fort 0-0. I wouldn't call it extraordinary, but it would be a good deal satisfying. But like I said earlier (when we beat Arsenal) that my minimum objective for the CL this season has been fulfilled.

If we go further, jolly good, but this far isn't bad. Not much difference between quarter or semi if you aren't going to win the darn thing. But what I meant above was, if we can't do a scoring draw against Barca now, then we shouldn't be complaining at the end of the upcoming match. wink.gif It'll be a good journey regardless.
X-Offender
Let's see if Ibra will have the game of his life or just another lackluster CL night.
Zed.D
I'd bet on the latter sleep.gif
TriniKing_CE
Monday April 2 2012
Just one more hurdle for Cassano

Antonio Cassano is a step closer to playing football again after getting the all clear from the Italian Federation of Sporting Doctors.

A panel of 10 medical experts examined his case today after the Milan man had minor heart surgery last autumn.

The attacker hasn’t played since last October when he fell ill on the flight home from Milan’s 3-2 win over Roma.

After undergoing a series of tests, Cassano was forced to undergo an operation in order to resolve the issue.

Today’s news means that the Italian international, who has resumed full training, now just needs clearance from the Istituto di Medicina Sportiva dell'Acqua Acetosa to resume his career.

Cassano is hungry to prove his fitness and form in time for Italy’s Euro 2012 bid.

Link: http://football-italia.net/17312/just-one-...-hurdle-cassano
han2503
So Pato, Cassano, Abate, Seedorf, Aquilani and hopefully VB next week all back. Great news for the season run in
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 2 2012, 07:10 PM) *
So Pato, Cassano, Abate, Seedorf, Aquilani and hopefully VB next week all back. Great news for the season run in

Cassano will be available only for the last three Serie A games. He needs at least a month's work to regain match fitness, and lose those 2-3 kilos he's gained from inactivity.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 2 2012, 05:33 PM) *
Cassano will be available only for the last three Serie A games. He needs at least a month's work to regain match fitness, and lose those 2-3 kilos he's gained from inactivity.

I read somewhere that he'll be ready for the Fiorentina game...
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 2 2012, 08:06 PM) *
I read somewhere that he'll be ready for the Fiorentina game...

And I watched today StudioSport on Italia 1 that said what I wrote above. Him available for Fiorentina would have been impossible. I mean, has he even started training regularly yet?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 2 2012, 07:52 PM) *
And I watched today StudioSport on Italia 1 that said what I wrote above. Him available for Fiorentina would have been impossible. I mean, has he even started training regularly yet?

Yes he has been training regularly for these past few days, which is what brought the Fiorentina rumours about me thinks
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 2 2012, 09:28 PM) *
Yes he has been training regularly for these past few days, which is what brought the Fiorentina rumours about me thinks

I don't know about that, but whoever brought those rumors didn't consider things thoroughly.
TriniKing_CE
huh.gif

... (Cassano thread)

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 26 2012, 07:43 AM) *
Cassano might become available for the match against Fiorentina.

Link
X-Offender
Hey, I didn't claim that. I just posted what the article mentioned.
TriniKing_CE
Fair enough, understood.
Zed.D
Cassano might become available for the match against Fiorentina.

Something tells me it'll be a slow, overweight and totally unfit version of him though.
Jack Bauer
Well, he did light training and runs for a while now. I don't think he will be too much overweight.

He played in the training game vs the primavera today.

X-Offender
Can't wait to see him back in the game.

This season has been cursed for us. Besides the injury plague, what happened with Cassano and Pato was a major blow. We lost half of our attacking strength. Can't imagine how things would have been if they'd been available for most of the season, especially Cassano.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 4 2012, 09:19 PM) *
Can't wait to see him back in the game.

This season has been cursed for us. Besides the injury plague, what happened with Cassano and Pato was a major blow. We lost half of our attacking strength. Can't imagine how things would have been if they'd been available for most of the season, especially Cassano.

Cassano is still on the top half of the assists charts now when the season is about to end. Says enough.

We've managed without Pato because Zlatan has had an immense season not to mention our mids contributing a lot of goals. Last season the goals from our strikers were the most crucial while this season it's been a different case
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 5 2012, 01:43 AM) *
Last season the goals from our strikers were the most crucial while this season it's been a different case

And Pato had 14 while still being injured for close to 40% or even half the season. sleep.gif Ibra and Robinho played much more than him last year. Not that I am discriminating between the contribution of our three forwards in last season's Scudetto win. Just saying.
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 4 2012, 09:48 PM) *
And Pato had 14 while still being injured for close to 40% or even half the season. sleep.gif Ibra and Robinho played much more than him last year. Not that I am discriminating between the contribution of our three forwards in last season's Scudetto win. Just saying.

Pato is the best finisher we have while Robinho and Ibra are better in build-up and movement.
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 5 2012, 02:04 AM) *
Pato is the best finisher we have while Robinho and Ibra are better in build-up and movement.

Exactly, and that's why I believe he should be played upfront, with both Ibra and Robinho back. dry.gif Boateng further down in the midfield where he can do the running along with Nocerino. And a quality AM if we can find right between the eyes. Of course, you are free to swap Robinho with Tevez anytime you like, but that's that.
X-Offender
I don't like us playing with three forwards. It's never been in our DNA. When we applied that formula under Leo it was a disastrous season. Even when we did it this season (first half vs Lecce and against Arsenal) we played like crap and conceded a lot. No, what we need is a quality AM to play behind the two strikers, a strong and creative DM, and two quality runners on the sides, which we already have in Boateng and Nocerino.
Zed.D
Not that I don't like the 4-3-3 system but I agree with X-Off in that we should play 4-3-1-2. however, finding an AM who can pull it off as good as Kaka did is like mission impossible.
acid911
Well I'm not rigid in favor of the 4-3-3, particularly against the top sides. unsure.gif As long as (a fit) Pato is at the very far end of the field, practically in the box if he have to to finish chances, I'm alright. Sure, it may hurt his overall development as an attacker, but at least, he'll score in bundles and buckets.
il_diavolo_mtl
Edit: wrong topic...
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 4 2012, 11:28 PM) *
Well I'm not rigid in favor of the 4-3-3, particularly against the top sides. unsure.gif As long as (a fit) Pato...

That's when your argument became invalid. sleep.gif tongue.gif
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 5 2012, 04:07 AM) *
That's when your argument became invalid.

I still believe. unsure.gif sad.gif For now, at least.
X-Offender
How come when you quote a post you don't include the emoticons in it? I've noticed this for some time now.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 5 2012, 04:56 AM) *
How come when you quote a post you don't include the emoticons in it? I've noticed this for some time now.

Oh, that's been the case with me since the beginning. wink.gif I used to quote posts as is back in the earliest of days, but then it just gets too overcrowded in my case, what with the amount of emoticons/smilies I used in my replies. And no one wants that, now, would they. So I just take a second to edit them out from the quoted posts.

Anyway, now that you've mentioned emoticons, I just wrote a two-page article for it for the magazine, detailing the history and evolution of these little characters. It's an interesting enough read, I'll post it here for you guys once it's finally laid out as magazine pages.
Jack Bauer
Cassano and Flamini did the entire session with the rest of the team.
Antonini did some running before returning to the gym. Nesta, Mexes, Seedorf and Van Bommel are followed personalized training programs.

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/140398
X-Offender
Allegri: "I hope to recover Boateng for Chievo, Antonini and Seedorf should make it. Van Bommel feels better".
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 7 2012, 06:46 PM) *
Allegri: "I hope to recover Boateng for Chievo, Antonini and Seedorf should make it. Van Bommel feels better".

That means he won't be ready

I'm f@cking sick of this BS!!

Now let's watch him play that air-head Muntari in front of the defence since Ambro is suspended. We lost all of our shape when he went off today.

And if Nesta is not ready we're absolutely f@cked
acid911
We miss Silva and Pato the most. sleep.gif Silva the most of the two. sad.gif Our two most talented players.
Fillipo Simone
Feel funny asking, but how is Rino doing?
X-Offender
^ No idea.

Van Bommel and Nesta trained regularly with the rest of the team today and should be recovered for Chievo, along with Antonini and Seedorf. Nothing to do for Boateng who only made some jogging.

Link

Great news about van Bommel, I hope it's true. However, what is wrong with Boateng? He's becoming another Pato case. And to think this implies Emanuelson as AM again is even worse.
acid911
Frankly, at this point in time I don't care. sad.gif At all. Let's get the season over with, first or second position. This year has been plagued with not just player injuries, but the rise of mediocrity in more than one positions in the team. Players who shouldn't be anywhere near the team cemented their places, whether by luck or otherwise.

It feels like ages since I've seen a full strength first XI play for one match, let alone a stretch of few. Pathetic!
X-Offender
This season is long gone. I just hope we won't be seeing anything of the sorts from next season onwards.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 8 2012, 07:55 PM) *
I just hope we won't be seeing anything of the sorts from next season onwards.

Hope is eternal. goodheart.gif Sadly, so is MilanLab.
han2503
VB and Nesta are the most important, we can survive without Boateng as we've been doing all season. But we need security in that defence.

And with no Ambro now because of his suspension it's critical that we have VB for our next matches. We do not know how to play without an anchor, we completely fell apart when Ambro had to come off. We were playing with Aqui in that position FFS
TriniKing_CE
Van Bommel & Thiago Silva could not have picked worse times to get injured! sad.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 8 2012, 08:05 PM) *
Van Bommel & Thiago Silva could not have picked worse times to get injured! sad.gif

Indeed. sleep.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 8 2012, 07:05 PM) *

And Prince as well.
han2503
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 9 2012, 09:00 AM) *
And Prince as well.

Prince hasn't had a run of 4 games where he's fit this season. And people talk about Pato's injuries as if they were the only really huge injury issue. Boateng has been as much of a problem as Pato this season
Fillipo Simone
Boateng has been as much of a problem as Pato this season - or at least he started to be. This is alarming, if our management doesn't find the roots to this plague...well...I don't see us evolving soon.
acid911
I wouldn't say as much of a problem, I remember seeing him in a fair few games. sleep.gif But yeah, if there is one serially injured player after Pato, it's Boateng. Really out of this world, if you ask me, compared to last season, at least. I can't even begin to imagine how much we have missed out on because of these pathetic injuries!
Jack Bauer
Abate has calf problems. He will be evaluated by the medical stuff tomorrow.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Apr 9 2012, 06:26 PM) *
Abate has calf problems. He will be evaluated by the medical staff tomorrow.

This sentence is starting to get on my nerves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.