Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Player Injury Thread
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 24 2013, 04:45 PM) *
He won't be and that will go to show how poor our team is. Muntari has been no worse than Monto this season.

???

Talk about exaggerating!! Monto has had a couple of indifferent performances because he's not in good form atm, he's still one of our best mids. Muntari is having one shocking game after another.

Monto is a definite starter, no matter how he's playing, so he's not even in this discussion. So when he's back the question that will need to be answered is if Poli will keep his place or if Muntari will once again be chosen in front of better options. Simple as that. And I think everyone here can basically put money with his mind completely at ease on Muntari keeping his spot and Poli being dropped
kurtsimonw
You're being too kind. If Matri/Muntari/Urby/etc. were playing the way Monto has this season, you'd be demanding they're nowhere near the first XI.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 24 2013, 07:58 PM) *
You're being too kind. If Matri/Muntari/Urby/etc. were playing the way Monto has this season, you'd be demanding they're nowhere near the first XI.

And you are exaggerating. Monto hasn't been very good, but he hasn't been terrible either. And besides, it takes a lot more (or should I say less) to equalize Muntari on the pitch.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 24 2013, 05:58 PM) *

Matri hasn't been doing anything special, he's simply just... there. But I haven't said anything about him, mostly because there's no other option and also because I've decided to give him a bit of a chance and not jump the gun like I did with Pazzo last season. If by January he's still just... there, then I'll have something to say about him.

Same thing with Urby, both him and Constant have been disappointing in their own ways. But they're the only choices we currently have.

Muntari though, he's just out of this world bad and to even compare Monto to him is completely and utterly ridiculous. Like I said, I'm not saying Monto has been great, he's not in form atm. But his performances during this have mostly ranged from average to good. Saying that he might as well not play Monto and keep Muntari on...

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 24 2013, 06:00 PM) *
And you are exaggerating. Monto hasn't been very good, but he hasn't been terrible either. And besides, it takes a lot more (or should I say less) to equalize Muntari on the pitch.

This
han2503
http://www.milannews.it/altre-notizie/gds-...recupero-123880

Gds saying that SES, Monto and DS will be back for the Ajax game. Great news!

Too bad we couldn't get any one of them back against Samp.
Fillipo Simone
Too bad? What for? We won anyway. I don't like us pushing half-recovered players into the fire. Pato said it best.
servbot
sigh...

Forward Stephan El Shaarawy will miss AC Milan's Champions League game against Ajax after getting injured again in training.

El Shaarawy had been included in Milan's squad for the match but shortly after announcing the 20-man list on Monday, the club says the striker has a "microfracture of the fourth metatarsal in his left foot" and will not travel to Amsterdam.

The 20-year-old El Shaarawy has been sidelined for nearly a month with a muscle injury and Tuesday's match was set to be his first appearance since Sept. 1.

The Italy international expressed his disappointment on Twitter, saying "I don't believe it!"

Milan has not announced how long El Shaarawy is expected to be out, but he will also miss Sunday's Serie A match against two-time defending champion Juventus.

espnfc.com
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 30 2013, 12:24 PM) *
Too bad? What for? We won anyway. I don't like us pushing half-recovered players into the fire. Pato said it best.

It seems like we are still doing it. dry.gif
han2503
Birsa now as well with a muscle strain and will undergo tests today.

Getting absolutely ridiculous now!
Fillipo Simone
So, was last season really a heavenly strike of pure luck? Or did something change?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 2 2013, 11:38 AM) *
So, was last season really a heavenly strike of pure luck? Or did something change?

Probably just dumb luck
Fillipo Simone
I'd be interested to see some stats. My impression is younger players get injured with Milan more often. And new players.
X-Offender
This season is wasted.
Fillipo Simone
Like the last one wasn't. Every season with this "plan" and under Allegri will be wasted.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 3 2013, 08:53 AM) *
Like the last one wasn't. Every season with this "plan" and under Allegri will be wasted.

Last season we managed to make 3rd spot mostly because Inter and Roma were crap. This season we have twice as much competition, and unlike our rivals who have progressed we're slowly but surely regressing into a mid-table team. Such a disgrace this team is called AC Milan.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 4 2013, 01:40 AM) *
Last season we managed to make 3rd spot mostly because Inter and Roma were crap. This season we have twice as much competition, and unlike our rivals who have progressed we're slowly but surely regressing into a mid-table team. Such a disgrace this team is called AC Milan.

Well technically speaking we do have a better squad in terms of personnel than last season. The coach is our biggest issue. Do we need to make improvements in the squad? Yes obviously, our midfield still needs work, same goes the centre of our defence where we need to find someone who's good enough to push Zapata to the bench. But still, we have a squad that is only bested by Juves's and maybe Napoli (as long as you don't look at their terrible defence) and even that's a stretch as their squad has no depth.

We're still better than Roma and Fiorentina when you look at the squads man for man. It's just that ours isn't utilised properly by our coach while Montella and Garcia are doing some great things with their sides. Add to that, Inter who basically have stayed the same but have brought in a coach who is capable of getting the best out of his side.

Thankfully this seems to be the final year for Allegri.

Personally I can't see us making the CL, but maybe that will be a good thing - footballing wise. Give the new guy time to really figure things out without the added pressure of a tiring fixture list, sort of how Conte worked at Juve without that added pressure
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 4 2013, 03:35 PM) *
Well technically speaking we do have a better squad in terms of personnel than last season. The coach is our biggest issue. Do we need to make improvements in the squad? Yes obviously, our midfield still needs work, same goes the centre of our defence where we need to find someone who's good enough to push Zapata to the bench. But still, we have a squad that is only bested by Juves's and maybe Napoli (as long as you don't look at their terrible defence) and even that's a stretch as their squad has no depth.

We're still better than Roma and Fiorentina when you look at the squads man for man. It's just that ours isn't utilised properly by our coach while Montella and Garcia are doing some great things with their sides. Add to that, Inter who basically have stayed the same but have brought in a coach who is capable of getting the best out of his side.

Thankfully this seems to be the final year for Allegri.

Personally I can't see us making the CL, but maybe that will be a good thing - footballing wise. Give the new guy time to really figure things out without the added pressure of a tiring fixture list, sort of how Conte worked at Juve without that added pressure

Yeah, I know that we have a better squad than Roma, Fiorentina and even Inter, but when I say our rivals have progressed I mean in terms of football. Inter and Roma are two completely different sides from last season, and that's mostly due to their new coaches, whilst Fiorentina are more or less on the same level despite losing Ljajic and Jovetic. We, on the other hand, are stuck with this half-arsed team that reflects its inept coach, uncapable of giving an identity or game to his team in more than 3 years now. Tragic.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 4 2013, 06:58 PM) *
Yeah, I know that we have a better squad than Roma, Fiorentina and even Inter, but when I say our rivals have progressed I mean in terms of football. Inter and Roma are two completely different sides from last season, and that's mostly due to their new coaches, whilst Fiorentina are more or less on the same level despite losing Ljajic and Jovetic. We, on the other hand, are stuck with this half-arsed team that reflects its inept coach, uncapable of giving an identity or game to his team in more than 3 years now. Tragic.

But that's the main point I was making, just worded differently tongue.gif

Garcia and Montella are really doing great things for their respective teams while Mazzarri is the iron fist that Inter needed after the colossal collapse they suffered post-Mourinho.

We have improved this side. I think it's a lot better than the squad we had last season and I'm expecting at least 2 improvements this January (Honda + CB) but our coach is holding us back. This squad is infinitely better than what we're stuck watching each week.

I think next summer we could see some decent investment, especially if Prandelli comes in
servbot
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 4 2013, 01:58 PM) *
We, on the other hand, are stuck with this half-arsed team that reflects its inept coach, uncapable of giving an identity or game to his team in more than 3 years now. Tragic.

We do have an identity. Unfortunately it is "play like garbage for 85 minutes and hope for a penalty or miracle goal in the last 5+ minutes".
X-Offender
Muscular injury for Balotelli. Who knows for how long he'll be out.

It's not like we should care anyway. We'll end up mid-table regardless of the injuries.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 17 2013, 04:17 PM) *
Muscular injury for Balotelli. Who knows for how long he'll be out.

It's not like we should care anyway. We'll end up mid-table regardless of the injuries.

dry.gif dry.gif

Matri starting for another month yay.gif
Jack Bauer
Allegri: "Bonera has suffered a setback in his comeback from injury."
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Oct 18 2013, 09:25 PM) *
Allegri: "Bonera has suffered a setback in his comeback from injury."

Finally some good news!

tongue.gif
Jack Bauer
Exactly what I thought when first saw it biggrin.gif
X-Offender
Yeah. And besides, we have Zaccardo. Bonera who??

laugh.gif
Jack Bauer
Don't forger Vergara. A non EU spot well spent.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Oct 18 2013, 11:43 PM) *
Don't forger Vergara. A non EU spot well spent.

Yeah, that was just genius from Galliani. Without him we'd be lost.

Jack Bauer
De Sciglio returned to training, might be ready to play some minutes in the next league game.
X-Offender
Muscular injury for Silvestre. Further examinations after 10 days.

Zapata-Zaccardo, it's gonna be awesome!!! devilsmiley.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 28 2013, 05:00 PM) *
Muscular injury for Silvestre. Further examinations after 10 days.

Zapata-Zaccardo, it's gonna be awesome!!! devilsmiley.gif

What's the count now for muscular injuries so far this season?

I'd rather just stick DS at CB, certainly a million miles ahead of Zaccardo

Next game: Abate--Zapata--DS--Urby
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 28 2013, 01:24 PM) *
Next game: Abate--Zapata--DS--Urby

I'm almost certain that combination won't even cross Allegri's mind!
X-Offender
Can anyone guess the cause for Mexes' eye injury?

Too much tanning bed. biggrin.gif

Link
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 27 2013, 01:07 PM) *
Can anyone guess the cause for Mexes' eye injury?

Too much tanning bed. biggrin.gif

Link

Don't you shield your eyes when you go into one of those tanning bed things?
dst
Do Milan employ anyone not completely stupid?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 27 2013, 03:44 PM) *
Don't you shield your eyes when you go into one of those tanning bed things?

Well, the key words are "too much".
X-Offender
Robinho out for 3-4 weeks. Abate's recovery depends on the evolution of his injury.

Link

Great, more Birsa.
CrazyMilanFan
isnt el sha and pazzini back so i hope less birsa...
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 27 2013, 06:36 PM) *
Robinho out for 3-4 weeks. Abate's recovery depends on the evolution of his injury.

Link

Great, more Birsa.

WTF does that mean?

And Birsa will be playing either way, you know Allegri right?

Oh and didn't that tanning bed thing start from Tuttosport?
Fillipo Simone
I expect Bonera as RB. Although I wouldn't mind a Nocerino experiment. He used to play a fullback for Juve.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 27 2013, 04:17 PM) *
I expect Bonera as RB. Although I wouldn't mind a Nocerino experiment. He used to play a fullback for Juve.

It will surely be Poli. Allegrinho genius.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 27 2013, 11:39 PM) *
WTF does that mean?

It means that the prognosis cannot be established yet.

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 28 2013, 12:52 AM) *
It will surely be Poli. Allegrinho genius.

Better Poli than Bonera as RB. But we need Poli in midfield.
Fillipo Simone
Wait, Poli played fullback before somewhere? Btw when will MDS be back? What the status of all our injured guys, Pazzo and SES especially?
dst
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 27 2013, 10:42 PM) *
Better Poli than Bonera as RB. But we need Poli in midfield.

Are you saying no one at RB is better than Bonera at RB? Cause I agree.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 27 2013, 10:48 PM) *
What the status of all our injured guys, Pazzo and SES especially?

They're playing dead until the season's over.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 28 2013, 02:48 AM) *
Wait, Poli played fullback before somewhere? Btw when will MDS be back? What the status of all our injured guys, Pazzo and SES especially?

Poli played there in one or two of our preseason games IIRC.

El Sha and Pazzini returned to training yesterday, MDS expected back around the Ajax game.
Fillipo Simone
I suppose that's good news.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 28 2013, 01:33 PM) *
I suppose that's good news.

What do you mean? huh.gif Do you wish good news to Milan, or mean that it is a good news whether the players want it or not; or that you feel good about this news, or that it is news to be good for?

Naah, who am I kidding, it sounded better in the film. tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
laugh.gif

It's good they're back. That means more headaches for Allegri.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 28 2013, 04:57 PM) *
That means more headaches for Allegri.

This. smile.gif Can't wait to see them take the field.
William405
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 28 2013, 01:36 PM) *
What do you mean? huh.gif Do you wish good news to Milan, or mean that it is a good news whether the players want it or not; or that you feel good about this news, or that it is news to be good for?

Naah, who am I kidding, it sounded better in the film. tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Which movie is that ? tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
Goodfellas. Acid Pesci.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.