Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Player Injury Thread
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 8 2012, 06:20 PM) *
Is that possible?

Yes, why not.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 8 2012, 06:27 PM) *
Yes, why not.

Because they're owned by the council(?), and when it's talked about they make it sound like it's not an option. The only option would be a new stadium

Don't know, that's how it sounds to me
Jack Bauer
Yes, city council wouldn't want to sell because they are making good money from it currently.
d'Arc.LP
The youngster, Mattia Valoti, is injured again after spraining his ankle. He only returned from injury last week.
acid911
And don't forget both Merkel and Strasser, another two youngsters. sad.gif Leaves nothing to be said.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Mar 8 2012, 06:42 PM) *
Yes, city council wouldn't want to sell because they are making good money from it currently.

Ah, but I remember reading somewhere that we wanted to purchase it. Anyway, I wouldn't want us to purchase another stadium nevertheless. San Siro is our legendary home turf, and when it's done renovating, it will look awesome!
d'Arc.LP
Merkel's case is quite interesting. Played quite much at Genoa and just when he got back at Milan he got injuried. Unless Milanello has radiated facilities, I have no idea what could be wrong with us.
X-Offender
Cassano has been training with the ball for the last 10 days and seems in decent shape. In the most optimistic hypothesis, he could start playing in less than a month.

Gattuso has been training regularly with the rest of the team for days, and he might be called up by Allegri for Lecce. Though he has only 25-30 minutes on his feet.

Antonini should recover for Sunday, and Aquilani might play from the start.

Link
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 8 2012, 07:59 PM) *
Cassano has been training with the ball for the last 10 days and seems in decent shape. In the most optimistic hypothesis, he could start playing in less than a month.

Gattuso has been training regularly with the rest of the team for days, and he might be called up by Allegri for Lecce. Though he has only 25-30 minutes on his feet.

Antonini should recover for Sunday, and Aquilani might play from the start.

Link

Some really great news. Especially about Cassano and Aquilani.

Had Cassano played all season he'd have been the top assist man in the league by a mile. He's still in the top 5 I think right now having only played a handful of games
X-Offender
Can't wait for Boateng to get back as well. I think he's almost ready, but they don't want to risk him this weekend.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 8 2012, 09:03 PM) *
Can't wait for Boateng to get back as well. I think he's almost ready, but they don't want to risk him this weekend.

I'd rather not play him until the CL QF tbh. He'll most likely be injured again after a single game.

Better not waste it in a Serie A game rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 8 2012, 09:26 PM) *
I'd rather not play him until the CL QF tbh. He'll most likely be injured again after a single game.

Better not waste it in a Serie A game rolleyes.gif

That will happen if we rushed him like we did against Arsenal in the first leg. This time around he's had all the time necessary to recover.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 8 2012, 10:16 PM) *
That will happen if we rushed him like we did against Arsenal in the first leg. This time around he's had all the time necessary to recover.

We'll see, but after what I've seen this season, I wouldn't rule it out rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 8 2012, 10:16 PM) *

Nevertheless I'm not sure. These days you can't be sure of anything, look at Aquilani or Flamini, one minute back in the team, the next minute out for another week or so.
X-Offender
Let's be optimistic, peeps. tongue.gif
d'Arc.LP
Wrong topic to say that biggrin.gif
d'Arc.LP
Training Updates: Aquilani trained regularly with the group. Flamini & Boateng worked in the gym.
X-Offender
A.C. Milan communicates that Rino Gattuso can not yet be called for an official game, due to a problem of dosage of the drug taken. It's provided a progressive reduction in the dose that will allow the quick return of Rino Gattuso in the competitions.
Jack Bauer
There's always something... It's amazing that we are where we are with so many players out during the season. Not many teams would be able to cope with it as well as us.
han2503
Really now?

Incorrect dosages???

Did we find these doctors from a third world country? Because this is getting beyond ridiculous. I'd forfeit signing anyone in the summer if the medical team were to be cleared out
Rossoneri7
Meh dry.gif
Zed.D
laugh.gif Bravo MilanLab. you're doing your job perfectly.
d'Arc.LP
Cassano did some light training on the bike while Maxi Lopez, Pato and Boateng worked out in the gym. Mattieu Flamini is following a personalized training program.
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 10 2012, 02:56 AM) *
Incorrect dosages???

Is there anything these quacks can't do?! laugh.gif biggrin.gif They've done everything short of killing our players!
X-Offender
I don't think they gave him incorrect dosages. Rather, they gave him a drug, which is not allowed according to the anti-doping prescriptions, or something like that. Thus, they must reduce the dosage until a certain point when he can start playing again. That's how I understood it anyway.
acid911
Yeah, I actually read about it on Football Italia, a little while before you poster it here. smile.gif I was reading Carlo Ancelotti's statement that he can't bring Del Piero to Paris, instead will try to sign Pato again in the summer. And well, frankly this is less of an injury, more of an unfortunate even, this Gattuso eye problem.

I was actually interested in how they predicted his return, and then delayed again. Not the first time this has happened. Seriously though, their performance as a medical unit has been pretty bad. sad.gif And personally my season has been ruined/soured a little with all these injuries. Pato, Aquilani, Nesta and Boateng in particular.

While we haven't suffered too much, it'd have been cool seeing a full strength, first XI consistently all year.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 11 2012, 04:05 AM) *
While we haven't suffered too much, it'd have been cool seeing a full strength, first XI consistently all year.

Aye. I don't think any team in Europe has the number of injuries we have. Let's hope this is the last year, and from next season we don't suffer such a massive blowout.
acid911
Europe? I'd be surprised if any team in the world got as many injuries as us in these 8 months. mellow.gif I barely remember how a few of our players looked in our shirt, seeing how long they've been out injured. At least last season we got to see our first XI in full form and fitness. This season we've barely kicked into fifth gear.

One of the charms of being a fan is watching the best possible combination duke it out with the other teams and seeing how they weigh up to the competition. Team chemistry. That's been missing. And frankly, how the goals have been coming from the midfield, we'd probably be lost without them. Nocerino and Boateng hatricks, anyone?!

But yeah, agreed, let's hope for the best. biggrin.gif For the remaining few months, and years to come!
X-Offender
Situation on the injured players:

Seedorf and Maxi Lopez should start training regularly with the rest of the squad this week and should be available for Parma. Same argument for Boateng, but in order to be cautious, he will be preserved for Roma. Nesta and Pato are the ones with the most delicate situations, given their physical fragilities. The objective is to recover them both for Roma, but Catania seems a more plausible scenario. Flamini had a minor injury in the Primavera match against Inter, should be ready in two weeks. Merkel will be out for another month, whilst Cassano and Strasser have still a lot of work to do.

Link

If we want to reach the Coppa Italia final next week, we must play Boateng. That's all I have to say.
acid911
Thanks for the update, X-Off. smile.gif Ah, Maxi Lopez, almost forgot that we signed this guy! blush.gif tongue.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 13 2012, 01:40 PM) *
Situation on the injured players:

Seedorf and Maxi Lopez should start training regularly with the rest of the squad this week and should be available for Parma. Same argument for Boateng, but in order to be cautious, he will be preserved for Roma. Nesta and Pato are the ones with the most delicate situations, given their physical fragilities. The objective is to recover them both for Roma, but Catania seems a more plausible scenario. Flamini had a minor injury in the Primavera match against Inter, should be ready in two weeks. Merkel will be out for another month, whilst Cassano and Strasser have still a lot of work to do.

Link

If we want to reach the Coppa Italia final next week, we must play Boateng. That's all I have to say.

I really hope we beat them in the Coppa
han2503
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Mar 13 2012, 10:44 PM) *
I really hope we beat them in the Coppa

Yep, 3 games, 2 lost , 1 won. Terrible record against them this season. I really hope we can end their unbeaten run.
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 14 2012, 02:48 AM) *
I really hope we can end their unbeaten run.

It won't be "beating" them, in the truest sense of the word, anyway. wink.gif I want them defeated in the league!
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 13 2012, 10:51 PM) *
It won't be "beating" them, in the truest sense of the word, anyway. wink.gif I want them defeated in the league!

They're still undefeated for the season though. I think that a loss could really be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

They're desperately hanging on to that unbeaten tag. In all honesty they should have probably lost their last few games, namely against Chievo, yet they still somehow manage to hold on. Simply because of that tag. Losing could have a demoralizing effect on them. And one loss could spark a terrible run.
acid911
Aye, that's why I want one, I want one, I want one. smile.gif It would have been awesome had the Muntari goal gone in.
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 13 2012, 11:03 PM) *
Aye, that's why I want one, I want one, I want one. smile.gif It would have been awesome had the Muntari goal gone in.

Still, I think it would be great for them to end the season as unbeaten losers. Nothing more satisfying than lifting that Scudetto while they still cling onto that unbeaten tag.
Zed.D
I think as soon as they realize they have no chance for the title, they'll start losing a few games here and there. right now they're still hopeful.
acid911
Unbeaten losers sounds good, like I said a few days back, but I don't want it to come to this. sleep.gif Giving them an unbeaten season to put in record books is not my idea of a good time, even if it doesn't give them a title to go with it. A funny irony would be seeing Juventus lose in the last match. Cruel, I know.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 13 2012, 10:48 PM) *
Yep, 3 games, 2 lost , 1 won. Terrible record against them this season. I really hope we can end their unbeaten run.

You mean 2 lost and 1 tie, right?

Unbeaten losers sounds good, like I said a few days back, but I don't want it to come to this.

Maybe the devil lies in the detail, but I don't care for this particular detail as long as we stay top. If you ask me, they can end this season with 13 draws.
X-Offender
According to Mediaset, Seedorf, Maxi and Flamini should be available for Parma, Boateng for Juventus, and Pato and Nesta for Roma.

Link
Jack Bauer
Hope there won't be any setbacks, I really want us to have our first choice midfield for the reminder of CL.
X-Offender
We need Nesta, Aquilani, Boateng and Pato fully fit till the end of the season now. NO MORE INJURIES PLEASE!!!
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 14 2012, 12:08 AM) *
You mean 2 lost and 1 tie, right?

Maybe the devil lies in the detail, but I don't care for this particular detail as long as we stay top. If you ask me, they can end this season with 13 draws.

Yep, typo there

Agreed, at the end of the day their unbeaten record will only be remembered for being such a failure if they don't win the Scudetto

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Mar 14 2012, 12:53 AM) *
Hope there won't be any setbacks, I really want us to have our first choice midfield for the reminder of CL.

Agreed. That's as crucial as having Nesta/Mexes partnering Thiago in defence. That being said, we already have VB suspended for the first leg. So that's a huge loss. Hoping we'll face a terrible side because without VB we struggle a lot against top opposition. He just stabilizes our midfield

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 14 2012, 01:00 AM) *
We need Nesta, Aquilani, Boateng and Pato fully fit till the end of the season now. NO MORE INJURIES PLEASE!!!

Boateng, Pato and Nesta are the most worrying. They've been declared fit countless times this season only to play a single game and get injured again. I really don't get what the medical team are doing with these players, all muscle injuries as well IIRC
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 14 2012, 02:05 PM) *
Boateng, Pato and Nesta are the most worrying. They've been declared fit countless times this season only to play a single game and get injured again. I really don't get what the medical team are doing with these players, all muscle injuries as well IIRC

Boateng played against Arsenal due to the importance of the game. He wasn't fully fit, and that's what caused his setback. Pato and Nesta are special cases. They've always been problematic players due to their fragilities. Luckily we have Mexes who can cover Nesta more than fine, and Robinho who does a much better job than Pato. Still, having them both fit can only be a plus.
X-Offender
Robinho left training early today due to an ankle problem. His presence for Parma is to be evaluated.

Link
acid911
Groovy. headphone.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 14 2012, 04:47 PM) *
Boateng played against Arsenal due to the importance of the game. He wasn't fully fit, and that's what caused his setback. Pato and Nesta are special cases. They've always been problematic players due to their fragilities. Luckily we have Mexes who can cover Nesta more than fine, and Robinho who does a much better job than Pato. Still, having them both fit can only be a plus.

That's not the only occasion that Boateng has returned for a maximum of 2 games and spent a month out injured, rinse, repeat.

Pato has been doing badly when he's returned from injury because he simply has not had a run for more than 3 games this season where he's been 100% fit. It's impossible. And the more injuries, the less work with the ball that he'll do, thus the more time it will take him to get back match fitness.

As for Nesta, they've been saying next week, next month, etc, etc for a while, yet he's always not ready. And then another injury all over again.

It's been the same thing with these 3 all season. You can say Pato and Nesta are injury prone etc, etc. But looking at this season, you can say the same with Boateng and other players who have basically been on the peripherals of the team due to constant injuries.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 14 2012, 04:50 PM) *
Robinho left training early today due to an ankle problem. His presence for Parma is to be evaluated.

Link

We'd be f@cked if it's something long term.
Fillipo Simone
I stopped caring long time ago. Kind of expected.
Jack Bauer
Abate pulled a muscle during training and will miss the game vs Parma, maybe more.

We are cursed, can't find another explanation.
d'Arc.LP
OFFICIAL: Abate is out for 2 weeks a for muscle strain in his right thigh. He'll miss matches vs Parma, Juve & Roma.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.