Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Player Injury Thread
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Fillipo Simone
I don't know. For my taste it's sill way too many injuries, yet somehow they came with the right timing. Last year there were periods of injury plagues, this time we lose 2 but gain 2 for example.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 11 2012, 05:01 PM) *
So, the end of the year is approaching, and I wanted to make an assessment of our injuries in this first part of the season. We've had a few long-lasting injuries in Bonera, Antonini, Abate, Robinho, the usual Pato, the unlucky De Jong, and Muntari, who injured himself whilst playing with his friends at the beach ( rolleyes.gif ). However, compared to last season, it's not been that bad. Montolivo and Constant should recover for Pescara, Boateng has only been injured once, if I recall correctly, and the rest of the squad has had normal injuries. I believe the medical staff has made improvements, there have been very few muscular injuries, and hopefully the plague won't hit us again in January like it's done for the past two years.

What's everyone's else's view?

I think right now we're seeing the usual spike we've seen in these last 2 seasons. It's around the winter break when things really start to kick off. And already we're seeing injuries appearing out of nowhere. Monto and abate were both muscular as well and it wasn't once as both had 2 injuries so far.

Last season was a total nightmare, it would be hard to reach those levels because they were SO bad. But we're still in a bad state in comparison to other clubs, like Filippo said.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 11 2012, 08:28 PM) *
I think right now we're seeing the usual spike we've seen in these last 2 seasons. It's around the winter break when things really start to kick off. And already we're seeing injuries appearing out of nowhere. Monto and abate were both muscular as well and it wasn't once as both had 2 injuries so far.

Last season was a total nightmare, it would be hard to reach those levels because they were SO bad. But we're still in a bad state in comparison to other clubs, like Filippo said.

Yes, but Monto's injury isn't anything serious and he should recover in no time. Abate's was a bit nasty (he was out for what, a month?), but we luckily had De Sciglio to cover for his absence. Then I must say that we didn't really feel the absences of the various Bonera, Antonini, Muntari, Robinho etc. cause they're not crucial players. De Jong's injury could happen to anyone at any time, and Pato's case is isolated. I guess we'll all see come January whether things have really improved or it'll be the same tantrum all over again.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 11 2012, 06:52 PM) *
Yes, but Monto's injury isn't anything serious and he should recover in no time. Abate's was a bit nasty (he was out for what, a month?), but we luckily had De Sciglio to cover for his absence. Then I must say that we didn't really feel the absences of the various Bonera, Antonini, Muntari, Robinho etc. cause they're not crucial players. De Jong's injury could happen to anyone at any time, and Pato's case is isolated. I guess we'll all see come January whether things have really improved or it'll be the same tantrum all over again.

It better not, because last season and the one before it we had the squad to compensate for it. This season we'll go down fast should that happen
X-Offender
Ambrosini out for a month.
Fillipo Simone
Hmh, maybe this will force our board to act and bring someone in.
Zed.D
First De Jong and now Ambro. it'll be amazing if they continue to resist signing a DM.
Fillipo Simone
Btw. whats the story with Strasser? Is he set to play now or still injured? The guy is a mystery to me.
Jack Bauer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Niw_WtpKU
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 16 2013, 09:24 PM) *
Btw. whats the story with Strasser? Is he set to play now or still injured? The guy is a mystery to me.

No, I don't think he's injured. Allegri just doesn't play him. Rumors say we might loan him out.
Fillipo Simone
It's so mysterious. Whenever I saw him play he wasn't half as bad. Yes, he's green, but good God, are we now playing in Arsenal style or not?
Jack Bauer
Zapata was replaced because of some small muscular problem. Hepe it's not too serious.
Zed.D
What's happened to Constant btw? injured?
Fillipo Simone
I think so.
Jack Bauer
According to Milan Channel, Mexes had just a minor strain and should be ready for the Barca game.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Mar 8 2013, 11:30 PM) *
According to Milan Channel, Mexes had just a minor strain and should be ready for the Barca game.

any word on Pazzini?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 9 2013, 05:24 PM) *
any word on Pazzini?

Still too early to tell.
dst
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 9 2013, 05:18 PM) *
Still too early to tell.

What about now?
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 9 2013, 09:19 PM) *
What about now?

Nope. biggrin.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
Milan assistant manager Mauro Tassotti admits “it would be a problem” if Giampaolo Pazzini doesn’t recover in time to face Barcelona.

Pazzini scored in the 2-0 victory at Genoa last night, but limped off with a heavy knock to his shin and there were even fears of a micro fracture.

“The game turned into a battle and we did well to fight back blow by blow without thinking about Tuesday,” Tassotti told Milan Channel.

“There is a while to go before the Barcelona game, so we will see what conditions Pazzini and Philippe Mexes are in.

“If Pazzini isn’t fit, then it would be a problem. He was in great shape and scoring important goals. There are other players, but it’s better to have everyone at your disposal to make the best choice.”

Mario Balotelli is cup-tied, but the Rossoneri won the first leg 2-0 at San Siro and visit Camp Nou on Tuesday evening for a place in the Champions League quarter-finals.

“The environment will be fiery, but it’s not the first game we have played in front of 90,000 people. The team is in good shape and we are happy to be playing a Champions League match like this.

“Anything can happen, the important thing is that we are there.”

There are also concerns over Kevin-Prince Boateng, who did not take part in a complete training session today.

FI
Jack Bauer
Milan have confirmed that Massimo Ambrosini and Christian Abbiati suffered injuries against Juventus on Sunday.

The veteran duo both limped out of the 1-0 defeat to the Bianconeri last night.

And the Rossoneri have revealed that the pair will be sidelined, but it is unclear for how long.

“Milan can announce that during the game last night, Massimo Ambrosini suffered a sprain to his right ankle,” a statement read on their official website.

“There is ligament involvement, but we cannot exclude any bone damage.

“Christian Abbiati meanwhile reported damage to his right calf. For both, a prognosis will be better defined after treatment.”

http://www.football-italia.net/33392/ambro...uries-confirmed
Jack Bauer
Milan have confirmed that Massimo Ambrosini and Christian Abbiati suffered injuries against Juventus on Sunday.

And the Rossoneri have revealed that the pair will be sidelined, but it is unclear for how long.

“Milan can announce that during the game last night, Massimo Ambrosini suffered a sprain to his right ankle,” a statement read on their official website.

“Christian Abbiati meanwhile reported damage to his right calf. For both, a prognosis will be better defined after treatment.”

Jack Bauer

X-Offender
Montolivo had a muscular injury today in training, his season might be over. unsure.gif

Link
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 2 2013, 06:46 PM) *
Montolivo had a muscular injury today in training, his season might be over. unsure.gif

Link

If his season is over then 3rd place is in serious jeopardy.
X-Offender
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ May 3 2013, 12:51 AM) *
If his season is over then 3rd place is in serious jeopardy.

Aye. Can you imagine a Flamini-Ambro-Muntari midfield? Oh the horror!
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 2 2013, 08:05 PM) *
Aye. Can you imagine a Flamini-Ambro-Muntari midfield? Oh the horror!

God that is ugly enough to make me wish Urby was still here.
kurtsimonw
We always have Traore.
Zed.D
One of our most influential players this season, a former Fiorentina player gets injured. I'm not superstitious, but the signs are almost blinding. we're going to lose the 3rd spot to Fiorentina!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 3 2013, 04:04 AM) *
We always have Traore.

biggrin.gif
X-Offender
It's confirmed, Montolivo out for the rest of the season. sad.gif
X-Offender
It's confirmed, Montolivo out for the rest of the season. sad.gif
Fillipo Simone
Great. Just great.
X-Offender
At this point I'd change formation. Playing 3 DMs is not an option. Even if some people don't consider Noce a pure DM, he still adds no creativity to our game. Must go with 4-2-3-1, with Balo as trequartista, since he's our most creative player.

Flamini - Muntari
Boateng - Balotelli - El Shaa
Pazzini
Fillipo Simone
Well, ain't gonna happen. Remember, we are the new Barcelona. Rigorously implementing our system from youth to senior selection. No plan B, no plan C.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 3 2013, 04:24 PM) *
Well, ain't gonna happen. Remember, we are the new Barcelona. Rigorously implementing our system from youth to senior selection. No plan B, no plan C.

Or rather, it ain't gonna happen cos, you know, it's Allegri. rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
With Pazzini's 2 goals last weekend he may have put Allegri in a position where he has to start him. Boateng in the midfield 3? I don't know what to expect at all.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 3 2013, 03:41 PM) *
With Pazzini's 2 goals last weekend he may have put Allegri in a position where he has to start him. Boateng in the midfield 3? I don't know what to expect at all.

Considering he's EASILY the most creative player we have left then he has to go back into the midfield 3.

As for the front 3, personally I'd prefer it if we put in Bojan or even Robinho rather then lump in another CF. Because that could create more problems for us. Yeah you can push Balo to the wing but it wouldn't be ideal

Personally I'd prefer it if we started with the 4-3-1-2. Pazzini and Balo up front, Bojan behind them, Prince in the midfield 3.

SES is seriously struggling right now so I don't see the point in continuing to insist on starting him when it will most likely hamper him more every time he misses good chances like he did last week
il_diavolo_mtl
Bojan is injured ...
han2503
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ May 3 2013, 05:40 PM) *
Bojan is injured ...

Still?

If that's the case, then I don't know what, but something tells me that a trio of El Shaa, Pazzo and Balo could get a little too over crowded
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 3 2013, 08:55 PM) *
Still?

His season is over, along with his adventure at Milan. Btw, SES is injured, too. Might start from the bench.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 3 2013, 03:04 PM) *
His season is over, along with his adventure at Milan. Btw, SES is injured, too. Might start from the bench.

Damn...we are losing players at a terrible time. So that means Robinho on the left with Balotelli and Niang? I think I'd prefer putting Robinho in the hole behind Balotelli and Pazzini.
X-Offender
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ May 3 2013, 09:08 PM) *
Damn...we are losing players at a terrible time. So that means Robinho on the left with Balotelli and Niang? I think I'd prefer putting Robinho in the hole behind Balotelli and Pazzini.

Robinho in the hole is even more useless than on the wing.

This is Mediaset's probable line-up: Abbiati; Abate, Bonera, Mexes, De Sciglio; Flamini, Muntari, Nocerino; Boateng, Balotelli, Pazzini.
il_diavolo_mtl

Pazzini

Constant - Balotelli(roam) - Robinho

Boatang - Flamini

De Sciglio - Zapata - Mexes - Abate

Amelia

This is the |anything but muntari and bonera| lineup, we will never get to see...
Nor is it very good TBH, i get a feeling Boatang won't show us the effort he did in his first season if asked to stay back...
This is also based on the principle that SES, Monto, Abbiati, Bojan and ambro are all injured...

BTW if anyone has been watching the practices and the friendlies, Traore is actually improving, or if nothing else, making the most when facing lesser compitition or our A-team...
X-Offender
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ May 3 2013, 09:23 PM) *
BTW if anyone has been watching the practices and the friendlies, Traore is actually improving, or if nothing else, making the most when facing lesser compitition or our A-team...

laugh.gif Even I would make a good impression against Serie D teams. Traoré is the worst of the worst, he'd make Muntari look like Xavi. And you all know my opinion on Muntari.

As for your line-up, personally I think it wouldn't work. Boateng as a pure DM makes no sense, Robinho should never step on the field if SES is fit, and I can't see Constant as attacking winger.
Fillipo Simone
Isn't this the perfect terrain to introduce this Saponaru guy?
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 3 2013, 06:57 PM) *

Saponara is on loan at Empoli til the end of the season.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 3 2013, 04:57 PM) *

I'm surprised you didn't know he is not with us yet.

Considering everything, this is my pick:

El Shaarawy Pazzini Balotelli
Flamini Muntari Boateng
De Sciglio Mexes Zapata Abate
Abbiati
X-Offender
Maybe Fillipo meant Salamon. unsure.gif
han2503
QUOTE (KillerMax @ May 4 2013, 01:39 AM) *
I'm surprised you didn't know he is not with us yet.

Considering everything, this is my pick:

El Shaarawy Pazzini Balotelli
Flamini Muntari Boateng
De Sciglio Mexes Zapata Abate
Abbiati

Muntari in the centre??? That's just suicidal. Him constantly giving the ball away or making some ridiculous avant-garde pass back to the defence which incites chaos. It's not really a good idea when we're already so vulnerable.

Personally I'd prefer a Nocerino, Flamini, Prince midfield trio. And if Nocerino starts to waver in the second half Muntari can replace him then.

Also, why do Gazzetta have Bonera starting? wasn't Zapata just suspended for one game? Weren't the Bonera calamities against Catania enough to last us for the rest of the season?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.