Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: January 2009 Transfer Window
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Fillipo Simone
So, the summer window's are closing.

Now we'll have to wait till january to see a new...defender?
Anyway, the 351 pages of the summer thread payed out so,..just post here all rumours, possible and impossible transfers, dreams, hopes..
Jack Sparrow
I suppose asking for a top class centre back would be too obvious? tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 1 2008, 10:07 AM) *
I suppose asking for a top class centre back would be too obvious? tongue.gif

Yep, it would but then again...repetition isn't bad.

I think we should play Darmain more often to see how he works. Kaladze is just a lost case. I'd even give Senderos the advantage since he's younger and well,..I'm not used to his mistakes and bad marking.

But the real sad thing is that Maldini, at 40 by now, still does not have a young CB besides him who could learn from the master. Why not play Darmain now, beside Maldini/Nesta? What's the alternative? Loan him out and then let go lik Marzorati? Or wait till both Paolo and Sandro retire? And then what? Buy out a new CB?

Anyway, problem is, Galliani seems to be happy with Senderos and he usually is a bit of a slow thinker so the moment he realizes we maybe made a mistake and need another decent CB will be...next summer.

Till then, I think our top priority is a new RB or LB. I don't trust Jankulovski any more, he's to injury prone and his form is constantly unpredictable. After the departure of Oddo we need that extra fullback.
Jack Sparrow
Antonini is good. I think Oddo being left off was a good thing. He's not young, and it's too early for him to be second choice. In any case, we don't even have CL this season, so that kind of quality subs are not an immediate requirement.

You're right, maybe Darmian should be thought of to replace Kaladze. Maybe the war in his country is upsetting him a lot, but then whatever his reasons, we can't let that sabotage our campaign. Let him play a couple of games, and if he repeats the same mistakes, send Bonera/Senderos/Darmian in.

Kaladze can slot in as LB if need be.
Bluesummers
we should wait and judge senderos before decding we need WC cb. just my 0.02 dozers.
whoarethepatriots
I cant see any major signings occuring, barring a significant injury to someone. Instead of Oddo and R99, it will probably be some obscure 16 year old for the Primavera's
kurtsimonw
Top class CB.
Top class GK.
Top class manager.
acid911
Sign Ronaldo back.
Sell both Abbiati and Kalac to Serie C clubs.
Extend the contract of Maldini by twenty five more years.
Set up Leonardo as the new head coach.
LaPalma
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 1 2008, 02:10 PM) *
Top class CB.
Top class GK.
Top class manager.

Exchange Nesta with Bochums Anthar Yahia.
Exchange Carletto with Bochums Marcel Koller.
I dunno about the GK situation.

Wow....I'm so funny....seems like I ate a clown this morning.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 1 2008, 02:36 PM) *
Exchange Nesta with Bochums Anthar Yahia.
Exchange Carletto with Bochums Marcel Koller.
I dunno about the GK situation.

Wow....I'm so funny....seems like I ate a clown this morning.

biggrin.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 1 2008, 08:36 AM) *
seems like I ate a clown this morning.

That's... dirty...
LaPalma
I like them...yammy. Better than beer with salt...FACT wink.gif
Rossoneri7
Filipo, the window will open and close and the situation will remain the same. Not because I wouldn't want someone in particular, but because there has already been a HUGE change within the squad, with a lot of top top players .. I mean if you thought Madrid had a Galactico period, what is this !!

I doubt a top CB will come, I doubt a top GK will come and @kurt, Carlo is a top coach, whether you agree or disagree the man has trophies to prove it. Maybe now you wont budge from your assumptions, but with time when he is gone and all of Europe's best are after him, and when Milan fail and start jumping from one coach to another, then you will remember wink.gif ... I'v been through the post Capello era, so I know how much time took for us to lift the CL again ... And until you go through the same experience, then and only then will you not take this coach for granted.
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 2 2008, 03:54 AM) *
I mean if you thought Madrid had a Galactico period, what is this !!

I'd honestly not answer this. smile.gif Galactico was something else, entirely. The best players of their time. At their peak. And while I'm the first to say this was our best transfer season in years, the team of say 2003-2005, give or take, was miles ahead of this.

Maldini, Nesta, Rui Costa, Dida, Stam, Cafu, Kaka, Sheva, Gattuso, oh my! ohmy.gif The best of the best. And it cost us over 150m Euros. This one while a very dangerous squad, cost us less than third of that. That was our last Golden Generation right then and there.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 1 2008, 11:54 PM) *
Filipo, the window will open and close and the situation will remain the same. Not because I wouldn't want someone in particular, but because there has already been a HUGE change within the squad, with a lot of top top players .. I mean if you thought Madrid had a Galactico period, what is this !!

@kurt, Carlo is a top coach, whether you agree or disagree the man has trophies to prove it. Maybe now you wont budge from your assumptions, but with time when he is gone and all of Europe's best are after him, and when Milan fail and start jumping from one coach to another, then you will remember wink.gif ... I'v been through the post Capello era, so I know how much time took for us to lift the CL again ... And until you go through the same experience, then and only then will you not take this coach for granted.

We do have the stars now, let's just hope they win more than Madrids did!

He does have the trophies, I won't and can't deny that, but I do put it alot down to the stars he had. I'd argue he didn't win enough considering the players he's had.

I support a team outside of the media limelight, a team that isn't considering World class, or even great. I know what it's like to appreciate things, I don't need to have gone through the post-Capello era of Milan to know how to appreciate a coach. Villa were literally 5 minutes from relegation no less than 5 years ago so I know very well what it's like to have one bad season after another.

I also have confidence in alot of the players that we have to be able to finish in the top 4. I personally think Carlo is holding the team back. We have great potential in attack, but he won't utilise it.
LaPalma
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2008, 01:30 AM) *
We do have the stars now, let's just hope they win more than Madrids did!

He does have the trophies, I won't and can't deny that, but I do put it alot down to the stars he had. I'd argue he didn't win enough considering the players he's had.

I support a team outside of the media limelight, a team that isn't considering World class, or even great. I know what it's like to appreciate things, I don't need to have gone through the post-Capello era of Milan to know how to appreciate a coach. Villa were literally 5 minutes from relegation no less than 5 years ago so I know very well what it's like to have one bad season after another.

I also have confidence in alot of the players that we have to be able to finish in the top 4. I personally think Carlo is holding the team back. We have great potential in attack, but he won't utilise it.

I don't agree about Carlo. Trophies aren't guaranteed. Even if you have the best team of all times you have to work very hard to win titles.
As for the appreciation thing. Much depends on the given expectations. But in general supporting Milan is like a holiday when you're a Bochum supporter.
KillerMax
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 1 2008, 07:02 PM) *
But in general supporting Milan is like a holiday when you're a Bochum supporter.

biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 2 2008, 01:02 AM) *
I don't agree about Carlo. Trophies aren't guaranteed. Even if you have the best team of all times you have to work very hard to win titles.

As for the appreciation thing. Much depends on the given expectations. But in general supporting Milan is like a holiday when you're a Bochum supporter.

Then I don't think Carlo worked hard enough. He had great players and should have won much more, he needs to take just as much blame as the players for not winning enough in my opinion.

Tell me about it. But when you're a supporter of an 'average' club it makes winning something the most amazing feelin gin the World. cool.gif
Bluesummers
CB: marquez/senderos/etc is good
GK: hildebrand is a choice, but neure, akinfeev ochoa you know the usual
manager: hehhehehhehe mourinho but if not i'll come if needed. I would prefer to coach under chelsea first get some experience but if jumping to the top is what you want i have no problem.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 1 2008, 09:50 PM) *
CB: marquez/senderos/etc is good
GK: hildebrand is a choice, but neure, akinfeev ochoa you know the usual
manager: hehhehehhehe mourinho but if not i'll come if needed. I would prefer to coach under chelsea first get some experience but if jumping to the top is what you want i have no problem.

I am guessing you aren't taking his performance vs Real Madrid recently into consideration cuz he looked awful!
LaPalma
Hildebrand is not material for a top club. Never will be.
As for the transfer campaign in general. I agree with R7. Nothing is going to happen. You can rarely sign good player in January, plus we already brought many new players in so....that has to be enough for this season.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2008, 02:19 AM) *
Tell me about it. But when you're a supporter of an 'average' club it makes winning something the most amazing feelin gin the World. cool.gif

Other than Milan I support Torquay United (hometown), we're 18th in the Blue Square Premier. That's 4 divisions down from the Premiership for the people that didn't know. It's not even classed as in 'The Football League'.

Therefore, I have no idea what it's like to support an 'average' club because there just completely S... laugh.gif

So yeah it is kinda nice to 'follow' Milan on-top as well.
Darunia
Alex Silva moved to Hamburg.. there's always Thiago Silva sleep.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Darunia @ Sep 2 2008, 04:20 PM) *
Alex Silva moved to Hamburg.. there's always Thiago Silva sleep.gif

I think Thiago also moved to a german club... not sure... unsure.gif
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2008, 08:47 PM) *

yea u are rite thiago nerrves the midfielder move to hamburg as well but the defender thiago silva is available but then we can only get him in summer
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Sep 2 2008, 04:57 PM) *
Other than Milan I support Torquay United (hometown), we're 18th in the Blue Square Premier. That's 4 divisions down from the Premiership for the people that didn't know. It's not even classed as in 'The Football League'.

Therefore, I have no idea what it's like to support an 'average' club because there just completely S... laugh.gif

So yeah it is kinda nice to 'follow' Milan on-top as well.

biggrin.gif

I find it more.. 'rewarding' supporting a smaller club, and if Torquay even got promoted a few times that'd be amazing, while you can't get that sort of satifsfaction supporting a top team.

It is nice supporting a better team, you get to see top players and teams, but you almost expect success, and when it doesn't come it's a disappointment, so there's very little to look forward to alot of the time.

Can't believe Thiago Neves moved to hamburg! blink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2008, 11:17 PM) *
biggrin.gif

I find it more.. 'rewarding' supporting a smaller club, and if Torquay even got promoted a few times that'd be amazing, while you can't get that sort of satifsfaction supporting a top team.

It is nice supporting a better team, you get to see top players and teams, but you almost expect success, and when it doesn't come it's a disappointment, so there's very little to look forward to alot of the time.

Can't believe Thiago Neves moved to hamburg! blink.gif

You have a point ... As there is always room for progress when you support a team thriving to get into Europe once again and competing with the top teams in the league wink.gif It must mean a lot when you actually beat the top teams.

Then again it is an even bigger satisfaction when you support a team, then follow it while it makes history and in the end you feel so satisfied, so overwhelmed that you can always look at the club you support and admired in awe ..

My local team ? Bah, Cap'n Jack Sparrow can tell you tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2008, 09:47 PM) *

Both are now at HSV (Hamburg); like LaPalma said, HSV had a great transfer period, they snapped does two brazilians, Jansen, Petric, Pitroipa,..
vahid
Manchester City Line Up Mega-Kaka Bid

Goal.com:Manchester City’s new Arab owner Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim is planning a mega-money bid for Milan superstar Kaka next summer, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Al-Fahim has revealed that his Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG) company, who are set to take full control of City in the coming weeks, are serious about bringing the best players in the world to the City of Manchester Stadium.

Having already helped snap up Real Madrid star Robinho in a sensational deadline day deal on Monday, it was also revealed yesterday that ADUG were looking to make a £135m bid for Man Utd hero Cristiano Ronaldo.

Now the Daily Telegraph claims that ADUG have their eyes on Milan superstar Kaka too, and could launch a similar bid to bring the Brazilian to Eastlands next summer.

Kaka has been constantly linked with a move to Chelsea over the summer, and has been tipped to join them next year.

However, Man City may look to repeat their Robinho heroics, and once again outbid their rivals for the Brazilian, who may be attracted to a move by the presence in Manchester of national team colleagues Robinho, Elano and Jo.

Tennie
QUOTE (vahid @ Sep 3 2008, 11:06 AM) *
Kaka has been constantly linked with a move to Chelsea over the summer, and has been tipped to join them next year.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Gotta love delusion sometimes.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (vahid @ Sep 3 2008, 03:06 PM) *
Manchester City Line Up Mega-Kaka Bid

Manchester City’s new Arab owner Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim is planning a mega-money bid for Milan superstar Kaka next summer, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Al-Fahim has revealed that his Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG) company, who are set to take full control of City in the coming weeks, are serious about bringing the best players in the world to the City of Manchester Stadium.

Having already helped snap up Real Madrid star Robinho in a sensational deadline day deal on Monday, it was also revealed yesterday that ADUG were looking to make a £135m bid for Man Utd hero Cristiano Ronaldo.

Now the Daily Telegraph claims that ADUG have their eyes on Milan superstar Kaka too, and could launch a similar bid to bring the Brazilian to Eastlands next summer.

However, Man City may look to repeat their Robinho heroics, and once again outbid their rivals for the Brazilian, who may be attracted to a move by the presence in Manchester of national team colleagues Robinho, Elano and Jo.

Yeah and I'm Santa Claus. The only reason Madrid sold Man City Robinho is that Man City is not in the Champions League, and Chelsea is. They didn't want to have the possibility of facing their former player on the pitch. And as far as this group is concerned they have conducted business inappropriately, and I hope Man City is deducted points and slapped with fines.
Darunia
Well Man City is the new Chelsea =/
whoarethepatriots
City want Kaka and Ronnie. Are we gonna have to suffer endless speculation about them for the next 4-5 years? annoyingly yes.

I say abuse Ronnie for the next few years, then once he reaches 31, sell him off for a crazy sum to a premiership club
Soldier
I Hope We Sign Thiago Silva In January, or Any other Good CB.
I"d Like too See darmian Sent To Loan, keeping him warming the bench will not do us any good.
Let's Keep Favalli To Occupy that Spot.
Renan wouldn't be a Bad Choice For a keeper, We bring Him In and Then Sent Him On Loan.
I"d prefer not getting any strikers, since this with the Current tactics, Will not do Pato any good.
CrazyMilanFan
we cant get a non eu players in jan rite unsure.gif
Jack Sparrow
Nyop....Ivanovic in the winter I hope provided Senderos is no good. But I think we have to see how the team plays now, before deciding if any positions need strengthening. Right now except for GK it's hard to think of anything (on paper).
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 4 2008, 04:59 AM) *
Nyop....Ivanovic in the winter I hope provided Senderos is no good. But I think we have to see how the team plays now, before deciding if any positions need strengthening. Right now except for GK it's hard to think of anything (on paper).

Ivanovic is Yugoslav right? Yugoslavia is not part of the EU... unfortunately.

I say get Radoslav Kovac... or go to South America and find a kid with EU status... maybe who knows... Argentina...
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 4 2008, 05:47 PM) *
Ivanovic is Yugoslav right? Yugoslavia is not part of the EU... unfortunately.

I say get Radoslav Kovac... or go to South America and find a kid with EU status... maybe who knows... Argentina...

There is no Yugoslavia. And yes, Serbia isn't in the EU. They have to deal with their conditions first.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 4 2008, 04:52 PM) *
There is no Yugoslavia. And yes, Serbia isn't in the EU. They have to deal with their conditions first.

Gosh. I'm living in the past. LOL. Montenegro broke away from Serbia... before they were called Yugoslavia.

The Federal Republic of Yugoslavia was technically dissolved in 2003.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 4 2008, 05:54 PM) *
Gosh. I'm living in the past. LOL. Montenegro broke away from Serbia... before they were called Yugoslavia.

The Federal Republic of Yugoslavia was technically dissolved in 2003.

Yep, that's how Yugoslavia ended. But to get us back on-topic, Ivanovic would fill an non-EU spot.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 4 2008, 03:59 PM) *
Yep, that's how Yugoslavia ended. But to get us back on-topic, Ivanovic would fill an non-EU spot.

Yeah.

That's why the suggestion to look in South America, and maybe find someone who is eligible for EU status... it'll be cheaper than looking in Europe. Unless we get Kovac, who is approximately 5 million.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 4 2008, 06:07 PM) *
Yeah.

That's why the suggestion to look in South America, and maybe find someone who is eligible for EU status... it'll be cheaper than looking in Europe. Unless we get Kovac, who is approximately 5 million.

I'm against Kovac. We allready have Senderos and Kaladze. We need a classy player, not a fill-in one. Of course, a classy player is hard to get, even harder in January. I guess a Milanesque solution would be to bring back Cannavaro, if he recovers. But then again, I see him with his brother at Napoli ending his career were it started.

Is Zapata eligible maybe?

If we're in such a need - any Serie A mediocre CB > Kovac. Why take the risk with a not-so talented and not-so young defender? The only plus would be that he's probably cheaper.
Tennie
(The fish doll suggests Santacroce.)
CrazyMilanFan
why go to argentina or south america get someone from italy like canini, santacore
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 4 2008, 06:15 PM) *
(The fish doll suggests Santacroce.)

I'm with the fish doll on that one.. smile.gif
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 4 2008, 04:13 PM) *
I'm against Kovac. We allready have Senderos and Kaladze. We need a classy player, not a fill-in one. Of course, a classy player is hard to get, even harder in January. I guess a Milanesque solution would be to bring back Cannavaro, if he recovers. But then again, I see him with his brother at Napoli ending his career were it started.

Is Zapata eligible maybe?

If we're in such a need - any Serie A mediocre CB > Kovac. Why take the risk with a not-so talented and not-so young defender? The only plus would be that he's probably cheaper.

Zapata is Colombian. I'm pretty non-EU. I hear Santacroce... that's an idea. I know that Kovac would be a fill-in player... but he's pretty much quality. Cannavaro... he's 35 years old. I would even be more in favor of Panucci for now...

The best I can suggest is a defender from South America that can obtain that EU-status. Remember we got Cardacio and he has EU-status.
vnata001
thiiiiaagggooo sillvaaa. the fact that dunga DIDN'T play him should alert us all to how good he probably is..lol

the fact that Ignashevic blink.gif was almost one of us just goes to show that it could be someone we've never heard of.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (vnata001 @ Sep 4 2008, 04:28 PM) *
thiiiiaagggooo sillvaaa. the fact that dunga DIDN'T play him should all alert us to how good he probably is..lol

True. He was benched in favor of Alex Silva. Even though I've heard many Brazilians tell me that Thiago Silva is the better defender... and he also costs more than Alex Silva. Something in the range of 10 million... btw, "Alex Silva was already sold to Hamburg.

Though he's non-EU... unless something can be worked out with that.
milano84
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 4 2008, 09:20 AM) *
Zapata is Colombian. I'm pretty non-EU. I hear Santacroce... that's an idea. I know that Kovac would be a fill-in player... but he's pretty much quality. Cannavaro... he's 35 years old. I would even be more in favor of Panucci for now...

The best I can suggest is a defender from South America that can obtain that EU-status. Remember we got Cardacio and he has EU-status.

the nonEU rule only counts for playerso utside italy.... for example we sign amauri for juve who has no italian passport... its fine. we sign adebayor from england (an EU country... but no eu passport) counts as nonEU spot

ps panucci is 35 also. fabio is younger by 5 months
Giancarlo
QUOTE (milano84 @ Sep 4 2008, 08:40 PM) *
the nonEU rule only counts for playerso utside italy.... for example we sign amauri for juve who has no italian passport... its fine. we sign adebayor from england (an EU country... but no eu passport) counts as nonEU spot

I'm pretty sure it applies for players in Italy too...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.