Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [CL] Champions League 08/09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
KillerMax
All talks here...
acid911
No Milan, no CL. Bayern Munich to go all the way. No other club interests me this season, to be honest. sleep.gif
dst
Forza Fiorentina!! smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 21 2008, 03:22 PM)
Forza Fiorentina!! smile.gif

+ Atletico Madrid. Two traditional teams to make their comeback..
Jack Sparrow
Yaaaaawn....go Zenit...rolleyes.gif
morgoth
Forza Milan devilsmiley.gif
Bluesummers
i just hope real doesn't win. We are almost caught up.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 23 2008, 12:34 PM)
i just hope real doesn't win.  We are almost caught up.

+1

...But it would also be good to see an underdog team such as Atletico, Fiorentina or Zenit to pull an upset (or should I say a surprise).
Tennie
Hard to pick a favorite for this one since the transfer market's wide open and a lot of significant players are moving around.

Right now if I were pressed, I'd want one of the 3 Italian teams (Roma, Fiorentina, Zebra), Villareal, or Bayern to win.

[I am aware of who won the scudetto, but I don't necessarily consider them an italian team.]
kurtsimonw
Not sure who I want to go all the way, would be nice to see English teams there again, but I don't like United or Liverpool. But Chelsea and Arsenal are yet to win it and I don't want them to join Englands true big 4! biggrin.gif

I'll go.. Juve.
morgoth
Honastly I don't care who wins it, as long as it's not real, Diverpool, Bayern or Man U. Actually Chelsea (that way Abramovic will leave tongue.gif) would be good for me, but two finals in a row isn't easy to do!
Fillipo Simone
I'm gonna support Klinsis Bayern, Juve and Fiorentina.

Who I would mostly like to win? O Marseille, but that's pure fiction...
vahid
I prefer a low class team wins it.
morgoth
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 23 2008, 10:18 PM)
I'm gonna support Klinsis Bayern, Juve and Fiorentina.

Who I would mostly like to win? O Marseille, but that's pure fiction...

Marseille?! Why? huh.gif blink.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 24 2008, 03:29 PM)
Marseille?! Why? huh.gif  blink.gif

Why? I like them. They are my favorite french team. Many players I liked played there - like Desailly, Völler, Angloma, BokÅ¡ić, Francescoli, even George Weah did. And it's been a while since a french team won the Champions League.. smile.gif
Rossoneri7
Bah ... Champions League without Milan, too easy of a competition that will be innocent.gif
morgoth
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 24 2008, 05:23 PM)
Bah ... Champions League without Milan, too easy of a competition that will be innocent.gif

laugh.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
San Marino's Murata target Romario for Champions League

San Marino champions S.S. Murata said on Monday they were hoping to coax former Brazil striker Romario out of retirement for their Champions League first qualifying round tie this month.

Murata, who have won back-to-back doubles in the tiny republic on the Italian peninsula, host Sweden's Gothenburg in the first leg on Tuesday.

"The chances of seeing Romario in our jersey are around 70 percent," Murata's sporting director Denis Casadei told Italy's ANSA news service.

Romario, 42, announced his retirement in April, ending a controversial career in which he claimed to have scored more than 1,000 goals.

Murata recruited fellow Brazilian World Cup winner Aldair for last year's Champions League campaign and the 42-year-old former AS Roma defender is poised to turn out again against the Swedes.

Casadei also had the idea of asking retired seven-times Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher to play for his team but the move looks unlikely.

"Schumacher is a lot more difficult. To say the opposite would suggest we only wanted publicity. Instead what interests us is what happens on the pitch and Romario seems to us to be a great reinforcement," he said.

"We shouldn't forget Aldair, who will be with us for the second consecutive year."

laugh.gif laugh.gif ..this could be funny to watch! I'll support them to enter the CL, even if it's beyond unrealistic..

And btw. - what does that mean, "controversial"? "He claimes"??
Devillito
I hate reading this topic!!
It feels so wrong!!
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 9 2008, 02:52 AM)
And btw. - what does that mean, "controversial"? "He claimes"??

There are some goals he counts that he scored in friendlies or something like that from what I can recall.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 9 2008, 10:59 AM)
There are some goals he counts that he scored in friendlies or something like that from what I can recall.

Hmh,..he should have continued then to reach the record..
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 9 2008, 10:59 AM)

Even worse...he apparently also counted goals in show matches (like Barca vs. the local firemen etc.) and even some during training sessions...

As far as I know the only people for which it is safe to say that they scored more than 1000 goals are Arthur Friedenreich, Péle and Gerd Müller.
kurtsimonw
This is the list I believe: No-one has scored 1000 goals, don't be silly!

If somebody claims to have 1000 professional goals, they're lying. Including friendlies against complete ametuer sides, maybe they do. But not in competitive competition. But since people like Pele, of course they'll believe him.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 9 2008, 03:33 PM)
This is the list I believe: No-one has scored 1000 goals, don't be silly!

If somebody claims to have 1000 professional goals, they're lying. Including friendlies against complete ametuer sides, maybe they do. But not in competitive competition. But since people like Pele, of course they'll believe him.

Let's face it, Pele isn't able to lie.
maldini03
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 24 2008, 08:17 AM) *
Why? I like them. They are my favorite french team. Many players I liked played there - like Desailly, Völler, Angloma, BokÅ¡ić, Francescoli, even George Weah did. And it's been a while since a french team won the Champions League.. smile.gif

With that same mindset i want Lyon Roma or Fiore to win it even Villareal i will hope for. For Lyon they have been the top team in france for a loooong time and its time they win outside of their league, also if they win Benzema will come to us wink.gif
Fillipo Simone
Why is everyone so affected by Benzema? I don't say he's a bad player,...no, in fact he's very good. But there's something about his character, behaviour that bothers me...
Jack Sparrow
^^^

It's called the big fish in a small pond mentality.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 17 2008, 09:16 AM) *
^^^

It's called the big fish in a small pond mentality.

biggrin.gif
Tennie
96.gif A cookie to the fans of Dinamo Zagreb. Dinamo has gone through to the second qualifying round of the CL on a 3-1 aggregate win over Linfield.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 17 2008, 11:44 AM) *
Why is everyone so affected by Benzema? I don't say he's a bad player,...no, in fact he's very good. But there's something about his character, behaviour that bothers me...

He's very smart, if that's what bothers you wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 24 2008, 01:17 AM) *
96.gif A cookie to the fans of Dinamo Zagreb. Dinamo has gone through to the second qualifying round of the CL on a 3-1 aggregate win over Linfield.

Don't you think the cookie should go to the players?

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 24 2008, 11:37 AM) *
He's very smart, if that's what bothers you wink.gif

He looks stupid.
misha
As long as United, Madrid ,Liverpool or Merda won't win it, I'll be happy.
Zed.D
No Milan in the CL... how sad... sad.gif

Anyway, I will be supporting Juventus in the CL this season, for many reasons. hope they win it.
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 24 2008, 04:26 PM) *
He looks stupid.

Does he play football like a stupid, too? has he made stupid decisions in his career, too?

NO.
kurtsimonw
I don't see why people really don't like Ramos. He's not even played professional football for that long, what on earth has he done to wrong people. unsure.gif
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 27 2008, 05:52 PM) *
Does he play football like a stupid, too? has he made stupid decisions in his career, too?

NO.

Erm... yeah... but he still looks stupid!

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 27 2008, 07:04 PM) *
I don't see why people really don't like Ramos. He's not even played professional football for that long, what on earth has he done to wrong people. unsure.gif

His behavior on the pitch. This guy is loathsome.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 27 2008, 05:04 PM) *

1. Real Madrid player.

acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 27 2008, 09:04 PM) *
I don't see why people really don't like Ramos. He's not even played professional football for that long, what on earth has he done to wrong people.

What dst said. rolleyes.gif You should really observe him Kurt, and then compare his play with someone like Maldini. For all I gather, Ramos will happily break bones if he was allowed. Couple that with his arrogance, and you've got a complete package.

Like I said, you'll have to observe him closely. Do so next time. It's very obvious to people who have an obsession with defense and defenders (me, dst, etc). In short: He's got talent, but no or very little class. sleep.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 27 2008, 09:39 PM) *
1. Real Madrid player.

thumbup.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 27 2008, 11:43 AM) *
thumbup.gif

He doesn't mean it that way, but whatever makes you happy I guess. biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jul 27 2008, 09:52 PM) *
He doesn't mean it that way, but whatever makes you happy I guess.

Haha. Yeah, I guess. laugh.gif
Tennie
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 27 2008, 12:32 PM) *
His behavior on the pitch. This guy is loathsome.

QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 27 2008, 12:39 PM) *
1. Real Madrid player.

Those two reasons about cover it for me. Ramos gets a big fins down from the fish doll too. Loathsome is a really good word for him.
Portman
Well acid911... Maldini actually said Ramos is his heir.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=560322
dst
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 27 2008, 07:39 PM) *
1. Real Madrid player.

Or maybe that's why you guys won't admit he's a c**t... cause he truly is a c**t. FACT.
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 27 2008, 06:53 PM) *
Or maybe that's why you guys won't admit he's a c**t... cause he truly is a c**t. FACT.

Cristiano, Ibra, Cassano, Matrix, Quaresma, Vieira, Bommel... those are <that word>. But Ramos? I don't think so.
Zed.D
I can't believe the stuff you people say about Ramos. I don't think none of you have watched Real games more than I have and to tell the truth I've never felt he's a loathsome bone-breaking *******... at least bring proof for what you say. reliable links or youtube links or something that proves he's the kind of player you claim to be. dry.gif
Tennie
Oh, he's not a bruiser like, say, Van Bommel. He's just...icky to me. I don't like him, no matter what Maldini or anyone else says about him. I also don't think he's quite as good as some believe him to be - he's had more than his share of Kaladzities during the year. (And I do watch La Liga games on a regular basis)
kurtsimonw
The Champions League is for gays.
acid911
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 27 2008, 10:14 PM) *
Well acid911... Maldini actually said Ramos is his heir.
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=560322

Yup, knew that. biggrin.gif Maldini is so pure of heart, he thinks of Adebayor as a good striker. I guess that's why they call him God. Then again, we are fans, and they are players - they have that bond between them. Personally, I've never doubted Ramos when it comes to talent and defending skills. They are there for everyone to see.

But as a football fan, I can't help but notice his trail of arrogance he leaves, or say, his tackling style. Even on the pitch. I don't have time to dig up videos, but one can get a good idea of his philosophy of defending in the recent Euros. Bone breaker is exaggerating it a bit, okay, but more than once he took unnecessary risks in order to take the ball off opposing players. Risking other players' safety. Oh, and he's a showman to boot. mad.gif Gets the job done and done well, but that's not all that counts. There's a small matter of sportsmanship too. Then again, I'm a kid spoiled by people like Paolo, so that could be another reason.

Bottom line: I'd not want him anywhere the red and black part of Milan. And I'm not alone in thinking this, Tennie, dst, and others see this too. Of course, that shouldn't stop you liking him. Didn't stop Porty from admiring Ibra. laugh.gif But in simpler terms, he lacks class. You'll know it in time, I'm certain.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 27 2008, 11:52 PM) *
The Champions League is for gays.

More so when Milan is not playing in it. tongue.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 27 2008, 01:56 PM) *
More so when Milan is not playing in it. tongue.gif

ONLY when Milan is not playing in it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.