Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seedorf
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
dst
I made this topic cause the last days I've been watching all 05/06 Milan games I've downloaded (and milanfan's highlights biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif ) and i was stunned watching Seedorf's through-balls (he's had bad games recently but) when the guy's in his day his vision of the field is really great! his greatest one was in the tie against Lazio at the San Siro when his pass run through 5 laziali and across half the pitch to found Sheva all alone with the keeper...( he didn't net that one sad.gif )
it is stunning...I think he is the best and most complete midfielder in the world right now
..too bad Van Basten doesn't think so..
mKei
Did we tie against Lazio this season ? we won them didn´t we ?
Nova
I think he meant Match with tie smile.gif
mKei
QUOTE (Nova @ Jan 27 2006, 05:47 PM)
I think he meant Match with tie  smile.gif

Ohh, kinda tired huh.gif
amancik
he's got skills and tricks ... no doubt about that ... but sometimes give the ball away too easily ... his shooting has its ups and downs ... when he's in good form ... he scores ... when he's not ... he flies it over the stadium ...
dst
so ... what do you think about Seedorf!!???

how do you rate his last season in Milan??? I'd give him a 6 (I have to admit I'm too strict with my points ... tongue.gif )
KillerMax
Man, that's harsh! I give him a good 7. His movement with the ball and his passes, his awesome teamwork and beautiful goals should be enough evidence. He has started this season on friggin' fire and it's going to be interesting if he can keep his form through out the whole season. I think he was our most capped player last season after Dida.
X-Offender
I give him a 6,5. He definitely had a great season, but against small teams, like han has said, he doesn't give his 100%. But probably having the number 10 on his shoulders has given him more responsability which shows his great displays in the pre-seasons matches so far.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 2 2006, 04:38 PM)
so ... what do you think about Seedorf!!???

how do you rate his last season in Milan??? I'd give him a 6 (I have to admit I'm too strict with my points ...  tongue.gif )

You're too lenient dst wink.gif

Seedorf on his day is possibly one of the most complete midfielders around - unfortunately he doesn't have enough of these days. In fact he is liable to slow our attacks down and loses possession far too easily for my liking, and he doesn't score enough. I am being generous in giving him 5.5 wink.gif
misha
He needs to be more consistnt - 6
dst
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 2 2006, 09:28 PM)
I give him a 6,5. He definitely had a great season, but against small teams, like han has said, he doesn't give his 100%. But probably having the number 10 on his shoulders has given him more responsability which shows his great displays in the pre-seasons matches so far.

I think the fact that Judas left, lmeans only him and Kaka are the Big Gunes here now (well some could say it's Inzaghi too...) and I hope he understands how much more important it is for us this season that he keeps his current form up till the end!!!

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Sep 2 2006, 09:54 PM)
You're too lenient dst wink.gif

Seedorf on his day is possibly one of the most complete midfielders around - unfortunately he doesn't have enough of these days. In fact he is liable to slow our attacks down and loses possession far too easily for my liking, and he doesn't score enough. I am being generous in giving him 5.5  wink.gif

well I think I was bit lenient but I like the guy a lot. As I've said before when he's turned on he's the best #10 IMO !!!!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 27 2006, 01:19 PM)
..too bad Van Basten doesn't think so..

Van Basten was a great player. But he is also a very week and unexperienced coach who should not have been put infront of the Holland national team. Their whole campaign at the WC was poor and pale, and Seedorf is the one that really missed. No Sneider, no Kujit, no Van Bommel, even Van Persie couldn`t find that calmness on one side and that explosivity on the other that marks Clarence. The man is a genius after all...and now that he wears our number 10 I belive he will still improve himself and become a real leader.. biggrin.gif
han2503
Just a little vid I found of him

Seedorf

I agree with dst, Seedorf on his day is most probably the best #10 there is, his vision, passing a long distance shooting is amazing.

But as I said before he does tend to be complaicent when playing the small teams, I think that everyone agrees that he is a big game player, especially when we play against Juve or Inter, it's like something is turned on inside him and he is unstoppable when that happens.

But I think that the #10 shirt was a good thing to be given to him, he himself said that he feels the responsabilty the shirt carries with it and said that he intends to honour it.

I hope that he keeps up this form for the whole season because we really need him, and I'm really praying that Oliveira willwork out for us.
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 3 2006, 12:21 AM)
Van Basten was a great player. But he is also a very week and unexperienced coach who should not have been put infront of the Holland national team. Their whole campaign at the WC was poor and pale, and Seedorf is the one that really missed. No Sneider, no Kujit, no Van Bommel, even Van Persie couldn`t find that calmness on one side and that explosivity on the other that marks Clarence. The man is a genius after all...and now that he wears our number 10 I belive he will still improve himself and become a real leader.. biggrin.gif

well any coach that plays Van puke.gif puke.gif Bommel is not good in my books!!!!

I think Van Persie must play.He's one of my faves right now and basically the only 'new' Dutch that I like. And all that is probably because he's Bergkamp's little 'trainee'!!! smile.gif

Robben should not play ... I hate that arrogant b1tch, far from 'total' !!!! mad.gif
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 3 2006, 01:26 AM)
I agree with dst, Seedorf on his day is most probably the best #10 there is, his vision, passing a long distance shooting is amazing.

But as I said before he does tend to be complaicent when playing the small teams, I think that everyone agrees that he is a big game player, especially when we play against Juve or Inter, it's like something is turned on inside him and he is unstoppable when that happens.

I think not even we, those of us who watch Milan's games that is, have seen what he can truly do ... you can feel it when he has those flares; if he was 'trophyless' he'd be a Blazing Dutchman ... cool.gif king.gif

he definetely likes to play against Giuve!!!! rolleyes.gif

thanks for the vid!!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 2 2006, 11:28 PM)
well any coach that plays Van puke.gif  puke.gif Bommel is not good in my books!!!!

I think Van Persie must play.He's one of my faves right now and basically the only 'new' Dutch that I like. And all that is probably because he's Bergkamp's little 'trainee'!!! smile.gif

Van der Vaart is fair, but I expected much more out of him...and Maduro, well he is a certain talent. Van Persie is good but his reputation is very...ehem...un - Bergkamp - like to say at least!
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 2 2006, 10:28 PM)
well any coach that plays Van puke.gif  puke.gif Bommel is not good in my books!!!!

Robben should not play ... I hate that arrogant b1tch, far from 'total' !!!! mad.gif

Robben is just disgusting, the only dutch players that I would like are Sneijder and as you mentioned Van Persie, bot incredible talents, oh and I wouldn't complain if we got Huntelaar he is a goal scoring machine

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 2 2006, 10:32 PM)
I think not even we, those of us who watch Milan's games that is, have seen what he can truly do ... you can feel it when he has those flares; if he was 'trophyless' he'd be a Blazing Dutchman ...  cool.gif  king.gif

he definetely likes to play against Giuve!!!! rolleyes.gif

thanks for the vid!!

I'm getting a feeling that we will see a lot of his little flares this season. You can see that there is definately something different in him, for him to put that much effort in a FRIENDLY against LECCO should be some kind of sign. Maybe it's that #10 shirt or maybe anger because of the calciopoli thing but there is definately something defferent about him
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 3 2006, 01:36 AM)
Van der Vaart is fair, but I expected much more out of him...and Maduro, well he is a certain talent. Van Persie is good but his reputation is very...ehem...un - Bergkamp - like to say at least!

those you're mentioned are good players ... I'm just saying I don't like any of them that much. And Van Persie yeah I know he looks a bit haughty but only over himself IMO not against his teammates or opponents!!!

Bergkamp ... well ... apart from one of the biggest players I've ever watched play and one of my faves he was probably the kindest (-looking only maybe you never know ...) footballer I've ever seen!!!

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 3 2006, 01:38 AM)
I'm getting a feeling that we will see a lot of his little flares this season. You can see that there is definately something different in him, for him to put that much effort in a FRIENDLY against LECCO should be some kind of sign. Maybe it's that #10 shirt or maybe anger because of the calciopoli thing but there is definately something defferent about him

Let's just hope cause as m1ke correctly mentioned before he started on fire last season as well!!! unsure.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 2 2006, 10:46 PM)
Let's just hope cause as m1ke correctly mentioned before he started on fire last season as well!!! unsure.gif

Really? I don't remember.

I just think that this will be his season to shine.
amancik
now he's wearing the number 10 shirt ... man, I miss Rui Costa badly ...
KillerMax
QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 2 2006, 06:06 PM)

sad.gif cry.gif
misha
Seedorf eyes Holland return

AC Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf is hoping to make a return to the Holland side despite not featuring under Marco Van Basten.
The 30-year-old has not worn the orange jersey for over two years after Van Basten took over as coach of the Dutch national side in 2004. The former AC Milan star has been looking at different options throughout the team and continued to overlook Seedorf for the recent Euro 2008 qualifiers.

Seedorf though has not given up hope of adding to his 77 caps and is still hopeful of winning a trophy with his country.
"He finds other players better than me, just like he told everyone else," Seedorf told Voetbal Insite.

"I find it a pity that we could not work with each other. I still see it as a big challenge.

Van Basten could look at it that way too.

"It still needs an ending. I still have the dream of picking up the prizes with the national team."

link
LaPalma
QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 3 2006, 01:06 AM)

Yeah...so do I cry.gif cry.gif

"It still needs an ending. I still have the dream of picking up the prizes with the national team."

Haha...wrong national team...
misha
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Nov 9 2006, 12:12 AM)
Haha...wrong national team...

biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
Gah,...there was a time I admired the Holland national team, with Advocaat, Hiddink and Rijkaard. And van Gaal did disapointed me, but not as half as much as MvB did. I suppose the days of the "living" total football and Ajax are over. No more Oranje power and players like Bergkamp (man I`ve loved that b@stard though he was an Interisti), Davids, the de Boer bro`s, etc.

Maybe that`s why I like Clarence so much. He is the last of his kind... wub.gif
dst
Bergkamp is a rossonero at heart !! wub.gif

... and your avatar pic is more pixelated than a NextGen image !!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 11 2006, 07:06 PM)
... and your avatar pic is more pixelated than a NextGen image !!

Yep, I know it...but I can`t find a suitable and acceptable...
misha
AC Milam midfielder Seedorf added to Dutch squad

AMSTERDAM, Nov 12 (Reuters) - AC Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf has been added to the Netherlands squad for a friendly against England on Wednesday in Amsterdam after two years out of the national side.

Seedorf replaces Ajax Amsterdam's Wesley Sneijder who sustained a knee injury on Sunday in the 1-0 loss to PSV Eindhoven. The Dutch soccer federation said he would undergo a medical investigation on Monday.

The 30-year-old Seedorf, who has won 77 caps, played his last match for the Dutch in Euro 2004.

The midfielder, who won three Champions League finals with three different clubs, said in several interviews last week that he still wanted to play for the Netherlands although coach Marco Van Basten has consistently refused to select him.

"In the last two years I spoke three times with Clarence and explained to him why we didn't invite him," Van Basten told reporters on Friday.

"Clarence had his chance under five national coaches and never convinced. We chose a new direction two years ago and found no reason to pick him."

link
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Nov 12 2006, 11:53 PM)
Seedorf replaces Ajax Amsterdam's Wesley Sneijder...

I wouldn't mind that replacement in Milan, but the other way...
jbryant1
QUOTE (Portugal @ Nov 12 2006, 03:58 PM)
I wouldn't mind that replacement in Milan, but the other way...

The problem with Seedorf is that he has Gila and Inzaghi to work with. They stand in front of the goal and wait.

Seedorf has more goals then our strikers put together.

The real problem is not a replacement but a substitute. We have no alternative. We start our 11 and our bench is 2nd rate. Who do we put in there? We have no one.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Nov 13 2006, 05:06 AM)
The problem with Seedorf is that he has Gila and Inzaghi to work with. They stand in front of the goal and wait.

Seedorf has more goals then our strikers put together.

The real problem is not a replacement but a substitute. We have no alternative. We start our 11 and our bench is 2nd rate. Who do we put in there? We have no one.

Yes, we don`t need someone who would be a permanent replacement for Seedorf, just a stronger choice and a better alternative for Clarence.

Wesly Sneijder is way overrated here I suppose, he is not even near to Seedorf in any way... cool.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 13 2006, 10:17 AM)
Yes, we don`t need someone who would be a permanent replacement for Seedorf, just a stronger choice and a better alternative for Clarence.

Wesly Sneijder is way overrated here I suppose, he is not even near to Seedorf in any way... cool.gif

Sneijder still has much to prove. Seedorf is an experienced players who already showed what he's capable of. Sneijder did also impress me though, but he has to improve his game. Of course I wouldn't mind him playing for Milan...
han2503
Watched Seedorf last night, and Ive got to say he played a very good game, especially considering that he has been out of the NT for over 2 years now
mallamkay
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 16 2006, 03:56 PM)
Watched Seedorf last night, and Ive got to say he played a very good game, especially considering that he has been out of the NT for over 2 years now

that is his head a che, i think we are losing all this matches becos of him, take Roma for example.
X-Offender
QUOTE (mallamkay @ Nov 16 2006, 11:44 PM)
that is his head a che, i think we are losing all this matches becos of him, take Roma for example.

Oh come on. Saying he's playing bad lately is one thing, but saying we're losing all the matches because of him is a bit exaggerated. I watched him in the second half of Holland-England and I was quite impressed really, he should play like that in every Milan match.
KillerMax
QUOTE (mallamkay @ Nov 16 2006, 04:44 PM)

The Roma game? I thought he was actually one of our good players out there that day...
han2503
QUOTE (mallamkay @ Nov 16 2006, 10:44 PM)

What??!! Seedorf was our best player in the Roma match!!! Blaming our losses on him is immature, he might get lazy sometimes but it's not just him, Pirlo is playing bad also, our defence is in shambles and our strikers not scoring, all those combined and that is enough to tell you that seedorf's performances are the least of Milan's problems, he is our joint top scorer in the league with Marek and Kaka, I don't see the why some are still laying the blame on Seedorf!!!

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 17 2006, 07:34 AM)
The Roma game? I thought he was actually one of our good players out there that day...
arivanjj
Seedorf Shines In Zico Charity Match

Rio de Janeiro was both thrilled and stunned to see a Dutchman stealing the scene from native marvels, but Clarence Seedorf was the name of the game in yesterday’s charity match organised by Zico. The AC Milan man commanded his side to an 8-5 win where the real winners were the needy in Rio who’ll receive over seven tonnes of foodstuffs.

The match took place at the CFZ facilities in Rio de Janeiro, but Seedorf is a ‘Brazilophile’ and frequently spends part of his holidays in Brazil as well as speaking good Portuguese. When he found out about the game he bought a pair of football boots at a local mall and asked if he could join in. Zico and Júnior welcomed him onto their team.

The Red Team that Zico, Júnior and Seedorf were in used the following line-up: Zé Carlos; Leo Moura, Junior Baiano, Gonçalves and Leonardo; Junior, Emerson, Seedorf and Zico; Thiago Coimbra and Amoroso. Their subs were: Bebeto, Zinho, Fabinho, Élder Granja, Lenny, Roger and Jaime.

On the other side the White Team were formed by Acácio; Gabriel, Mauro Galvão, Fabiano Eller and Julio César; Ailton, Adílio, Djalminha; Roberto Dinamite, Vágner Love and Claudio Adão. Their subs were: Wellerson, Alex Dias, Macelinho Carioca, Alexandre Torres, Delacir, Andrade, Hugo and Vitor.

The Reds were blessed with braces; Amoroso, Zinho and Seedorf all getting second helpings of goal with Leonardo Moura and Bebeto rounding off the eight goals. After the game the Dutchman gave his boots to a disabled fan and spoke of his happiness.

“It’s an incredible honour to play alongside idols like Zico, Júnior and the others and at the same time. I’m just glad that I heard about the game and was able to come here and support such a worthy cause”, explained the Milan midfielder. Deco and Ronaldo were both unable to make the event for undisclosed reasons.

On the White Team the highlight was CSKA Moscow and seleção marksman Vágner Love (ex-Palmeiras) who bagged the only hat-trick of the match whereas veterans Alex Dias and Marcelinho Carioca scored a goal apiece.

Zico promised that with this year’s success the 2007 event will be even bigger. “It’s been really moving to see all the support and to know that we tripled the amount of food that we collected. I hope that next year we can use a bigger venue and expand the proceeds even more”, explained the Fenerbahçe Coach and Flamengo idol.

goal.com
arivanjj
hehe.. wat's with seedorf and his off-season performances..?
dst
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 29 2006, 02:45 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 29 2006, 03:45 PM)

LOOOL ... He does try u know tongue.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 29 2006, 06:45 AM)

So true...
han2503
btw a pic of Seedorf playing in Rio

dst
I think it all went wrong when he cut off his hair...
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 15 2007, 02:18 PM)
I think it all went wrong when he cut off his hair...

That's what I keep thinking ohmy.gif ohmy.gif It's like you where in my head ohmy.gif

Anyway, A little something from channel 4

Clarence Seedorf (Milan)
No Kaka? Have no fear, Seedorf is here. He already impressed in the hole against Arezzo on Thursday and he again proved to be an assist king against Reggina on Sunday. He touched an infinite number of balls throughout with quality and assurance. Kaka can heal with patience.
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 15 2007, 04:36 PM)
It's like you where in my head  ohmy.gif

I am.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 15 2007, 02:58 PM)
I am.

You are?? wacko.gif

Now pls get out realmad.gif realmad.gif

tongue.gif
han2503
Seedorf (Milan): When the Dutch player is in form, he’s unstoppable. Scored a goal and created another to help Milan win their third consecutive match.

Goal.com

It seems like turtle has made quite an impression playing in the trequartista role smile.gif
KillerMax
Let me rephrase what Goal.com said:

When Seedorf is in form, he is the most complete midfielder in the world. However, when he is not in form, he is only as good as a fat piece of crap on the pitch...
agenth
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 15 2007, 07:46 PM)
Let me rephrase what Goal.com said:

When Seedorf is in form, he is the most complete midfielder in the world. However, when he is not in form, he is only as good as a fat piece of crap on the pitch...

wonderful....
I think he will be off-form again against lazio rolleyes.gif
but that's just my bad karma, sorry unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.