Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kaka: I don't want to leave Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
HasanHasanly
A sad day in the history of this club. Pushing out a player loyal to the team in such a manner has just killed my appreciation of whatever Silvio did is doing and whatever he has to give, and I am not dramatizing. I acknowledge all that we have won with him, but with this he just insulted all the memories of the past, by refusing to spend or sell.

This is a serious blow to our name/reputation and game. Get ready to see the arrival of two 30+ years old players, one youngster and one fading star during the transfer market. Add to all this a semi-final of Champions League and the 3rd place in the Serie A, accompanied with festers declarations of what a great family and team we are.

This team never deserved Kaka in the first place.

Truly a sad day.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Jun 9 2009, 05:01 AM) *
A sad day in the history of this club. Pushing out a player loyal to the team in such a manner has just killed my appreciation of whatever Silvio did is doing and whatever he has to give, and I am not dramatizing. I acknowledge all that we have won with him, but with this he just insulted all the memories of the past, by refusing to spend or sell.

This is a serious blow to our name/reputation and game. Get ready to see the arrival of two 30+ years old players, one youngster and one fading star during the transfer market. Add to all this a semi-final of Champions League and the 3rd place in the Serie A, accompanied with festers declarations of what a great family and team we are.

This team never deserved Kaka in the first place.

Truly a sad day.

I understand your frustration... stop.gif

But how exactly is it that we didn't deserve Kaka? babysmiley1f.gif
You care explaining that?! unsure.gif
HasanHasanly
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jun 9 2009, 02:13 PM) *
I understand your frustration... stop.gif

But how exactly is it that we didn't deserve Kaka? babysmiley1f.gif
You care explaining that?! unsure.gif

Sure thing.

Is, in your opinion, having a guy pull the whole team to a CL win and 2 years later telling him that he is nothing more than just an asset an honorable thing?
Bluesummers
"Now I can officially say that I am a player of Real Madrid." The last word is his, the boy who for six years has been the fly on its wings Milan. Before a final, big hug:''My professional ties with AC Milan have finished but the emotional bond will not end 'never. All, until the last moment, was done together, go out the front door. I am grateful to the company and President Berlusconi.''

"DO I HAVE CHOSEN FOR MONEY?"
''The Milan had never had a crisis like the one that is going through now, was the first time that the company 'has been thinking of selling a player'', Kakà continued, describing the situation as early in January with the assault Manchester City. "The company had to do it, I understand perfectly well the position of Milan. For me, I remember you always said that in the case of leaving Milan, I would have gone to Real. My transfer was not a monetary issue, because I have received offers much higher''with clear reference to the 15 million per year proposed a few months ago by the sheikhs of Citizens.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 9 2009, 02:35 AM) *
At Man City, he could've easily been the man over there and probably helped lead them back to respectability. At Madrid, he'll be just another face in the crowd with expectations to the moon once the shock value of his arrival wears off.

If he wanted to become an icon over here, then there's no way he'll pull that off at Madrid, where they've done everything but declare a national holiday named after Raul.

Really? Are you being serious... You would take mancity's offer seriously when madrid is knocking at the door? If you had to leave, you might as well go to your second favorite club, a place you would enjoy and that place is madrid for him.

Also look at Robinho's situation. He is clearly not happy with the move to city and it has no doubtly affected Kaka's decision.

He doesn't care about becoming an icon in Madrid. He's already done with his fame and glory as he is written in history as one of the all time greats. Now he'll finish his career at a respectable club and continue his game bringing joy to spanish fans as he has done to italian fans. I really doubt Kaka left for personal motivation to achieve another ballon d'or or champions league as he could have done that here.

Anyways arguing is pointless. He has said several times that this move was decided earlier and it was for the betterment of the club= he was forced to leave so the club could function. This has been also said by Galliani as well as sacchi. So there is no point in arguing over his intentions as they are clear.
Bluesummers
Kaka's Stay Comments Were Lies, Milan Are In Decline - Zvonimir Boban

Former Milan midfielder Zvonimir Boban has hit out at Kaka's Real Madrid transfer, stating that the player's claims of wanting to stay at the Italian club were false.

The Brazilian joined Los Merengues in the early hours of Tuesday morning in a mega six-year deal. According to La Gazzetta Dello Sport, Kaka revealed he would have liked to have remained at the Rossoneri, claiming the economic factors pushed and pulled him to Spain.

However, Boban is not impressed. The former player believes Kaka would have stayed if he really wanted to.

"I am disappointed with the fact that Kaka spoke about an eternal love and then in the end it was all false because he wanted to go," Boban roared to Sky Sport Italia. “Milan wanted to sell. That's the reality and people must not hide from it.

"That's the truth. Kaka saying that he wanted to stay on is just false. He is not false, but his comments were.

"I do not like the whole affair as it shows that Milan are in decline.

"Milan just allowed themselves to be robbed by selling prestigious players, something which has never happened [previously] under [owner Silvio] Berlusconi.

"Milan have never sold such great players and I am disappointed. I am sorry for all this and it's a shame that money makes players leave, but there have been players who have stayed on. However, Kaka was free to make his own choice."

There was talk in the past that Kaka had claimed he wanted to stay on at Milan for the rest of his career, even talking of his desire to captain the club after rejecting Manchester City in January. However, Boban laughed off these suggestions.

"I don't even want to believe that, maybe Kaka felt weak at the time he said that," added Boban.

"There were tears and protests from the fans and it seemed like [turning Manchester City down] was a definitive yes to Milan, but obviously it wasn't. Those players who want to stay on at Milan do, and the club never allows a player who wants to stay to leave, especially players like Kaka."

Milan's task now is to find a replacement for the Brazilian ace, though many reports have claimed Ronaldinho will be the one to take Kaka's place in the side.
Bluesummers
Milan Stars Seedorf & Ambrosini Disappointed With Kaka's Real Madrid Dash

Milan midfielders Clarence Seedorf and Massimo Ambrosini have expressed their thoughts following Kaka's move to Spanish giants Real Madrid, and it seems both men are disappointed.

The Brazilian joined los Merengues last night and the move has been attracting plenty of attention. A number of critics have expressed their opinions on the transfer, which has caused a predictable storm of disappointment in the Rossoneri camp.

"It's a big loss for Milan, but we will remain a big team. If Kaka wants I can advise him about Madrid," Seedorf told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

Ambrosini is feeling a sense of great loss as Kaka was a major influence on the team.

"’Ricky’ [Kaka] is a great friend of mine and I am sorry that he has left. However, I want to wish him the best of luck for his new adventure in Madrid," added the Italian.

Sky Sport Italia suggests the mood around the city of Milan is sombre as Rossoneri fans wake up to the news they had been dreading over the past few weeks.
Bluesummers
Kaka sought to endear himself to Real Madrid supporters after his move to the Spanish giants was made official by vowing to help them end Barcelona's dominance.

The Brazilian superstar stated that he wants to help Los Merengues make history during his six-year stay at the club and is relishing the prospect of being part of the club's new plans.

President Florentino Perez made it clear to Kaka that he would not be the only major name to join Madrid this summer and the former AC Milan idol is excited by the project.

"I hope that I can help put an end to Barcelona's hegemony and make Real Madrid the team that starts winning all the trophies," AS quote him as saying.

"I have signed a long contract, for six seasons and I hope to be able to make history with Real Madrid.

"They are one of the best clubs in the world and have a plan that will let me play alongside some of the best players that there are. That was one of the reasons I chose to join.

"[Perez] has a plan to build a new sporting project and is trying to buy the best players in the world. I think it will be an attacking squad and that is why I chose this club."

Kaka admitted that he had the chance to move to the Santiago Bernabeu before, but chose to stay with Milan because of his coach.

"Now the situation is different. I definitely had the chance to do it in previous seasons, but [Carlo] Ancelotti wanted me and had faith in me," he continued.

"But joining Real Madrid is a good time to do it."

Despite being stunned by losing their coach and star player already this summer, Milan will recover and should challenge for the title next term, Kaka believes.

"Milan have a chance to win the league with Leonardo because he is a great coach. I am sure that some great players will join and I am convinced that they will progress without me," he added.

Now we want the money he is worth more than him. Silvio= king.gif
armiss
I am very happy about his departure !!
HasanHasanly
QUOTE (armiss @ Jun 9 2009, 05:08 PM) *
I am very happy about his departure !!

HARPOONS biggrin.gif
Zed.D
More than 15 hours have passed and not a single word from Galliani or Berlu on the issue, as if they've sold a tool and no further explanation is needed. what a disgrace.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jun 9 2009, 04:50 AM) *
Or worse, we spend it on the donkey that is Adebayor rolleyes.gif

Kaka's been a great servant. A true gent on and off the pitch, I sincerely wish him all of the best at Madrid. I can see why he's moved, it's good for him to get the worldwide audience that he so deserves on a weekly basis. I'm almost certain he will never return so it's sad to think that we will never see him playing in a red and black shirt again.

The memories of 2007 will never go, how he ripped open a Manchester United team both home and away, that looked and has proved how much of a force it is in world football.

He will be adored at Madrid, and will be adored at Milan. It was just time to move on and for a team that's not showing much potential, at least before he reaches his early 30's, who can blame him?

+1 cool.gif

Good luck Ricky and thankyou for everything.
Rossoneri7
I don’t understand how it is so easy to point fingers and assume that the management want to sell the clubs most prolific players; just to reap off the profits … Selling Shevchenko and Kaka’ at their prime, not investing in top quality players, owner not interested in the future of the club etc … Justified by assumptions that the management has no clear vision and are a bunch of baboons sitting around a table, cutting and dissecting the club; minimizing its capacity to challenge for anything noteworthy.

Notable Examples to the effects of the current situation on a large scale:

Then again, Lehmann Brothers (LHB) after 158 years, Est. 1850, of being the cornerstone and most iconic statues of Wall St. collapsed at the wake of the mortgage crisis. The effect of this collapse sent shockwaves throughout the world, as LHB was THE investment bank of its time. It filed for Chapter 11 and opted for liquidation (cashing in) of all of its assets after failing to find a potential buyer.

General Motors Corp. (GM) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on June 1 2009. A move which puts a giant in the US job market, (GM employs 10% of the US population) on its knees. With much needed injection of cash; it sold its lucrative Hummer brand to Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co. of China. Furthermore, Company has revealed that it has potential buyers lined up for both its Saturn and Saab brands and is currently studying the possibility of closing down its Pontiac brand.

American International Group (AIG), now had this company filed for Chapter 11, Europe would have been literally crushed, as the CEO of Deutsche Bank put it, post the US Federal Reserve’s intervention in injecting cash of $40bn into the AIG. As this company, in simple terms, insures the top banks in Europe namely Barclays, Deutsche and Societe Generale.

Merrill Lynch (MER) sold itself off to Bank of America (BAC) in order to bring in $50bn (it was valued at $100bn in early 2007) and save itself from filling for Chapter 11.

Fannie May and Freddie Mac, once the two pillars, which lead the US property market, are in serious trouble and have defaulted on their repayments. They recorded losses far greater than $11bn each in the last annual report that I have seen.

If these giants come to their knees, due to a credit crunch, while most entities all over the US, Europe, and Asia are suffering the reproductions of a plague (recession), why wont a football club be affected? Especially a football club in Italy, a country that has received double blows, with a recession in 2007 then a credit (cash) crisis in 2008?

Why can’t Milan really be suffering the consequence?

Why does it have to be the management that wants the club to lower its stature? Why can’t it be that these men are benefiting the club’s financial future, which might be at stake?

Why is it that Milan is compared to top European clubs, instead of being compared to clubs in Serie A, as they are suffering the same financial difficulties suffered by Roma and Juve?

inter? Massimo Moratti, enjoys an abundance of liquidity in a time where oil prices skyrocketed to the $145 per barrel. This is the only justification for his club’s extravagant spend over recent years based on Saras’s financials.
(“The Saras S.p.A. ordinary shareholders’ meeting, held today and chaired
by Gian Marco Moratti has approved Parent Company Financial Statements as of 31 December 2008 ended with a net profit of EUR 61.8 million.” From Saras annual report.” – From Saras annual report.)
While clubs like Juve, Milan, Roma have been suffering the recession coupled by the affect of the credit (cash) crisis.

It is not viable to compare Barca, Madrid, United, Chelsea and the likes … as their respective football governing bodies promote their leagues and clubs financially both directly and indirectly. They have better sporting tax laws and are more lenient in debt structure … that amongst others, which I am not, exposed to. This can be felt throughout the world, as English and Spanish football is by far the most followed leagues mainly due to the promotion of their football by their respective leagues; both directly and indirectly. Sure they have all been affected by the current financial turmoil, but are less affected than their counter parts in Italy. Are they not affected? Of course they are, but did they go through Calciopoli in 2006? Did they go through a recession in 2007? And are their respective football governing bodies as stringent as FIGC?

In closing … these are strange times that we are in at the moment. You don’t have to be finance major to rectify reasons behind the situation at our beloved club, just the fact that the league as a whole has been suffering illiquidity ever since the turn of the millennium is enough to point you in the right direction. Hence, I strongly believe it is true what Galliani has been saying about the clubs internal difficulties on a microeconomic level, which has been further affected by the macroeconomic level (Serie A and Italy as a whole).
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Panama Devil @ Jun 9 2009, 06:08 AM) *
QUEEEEESTION:

Kaká is said to have mentioned that the deal was sealed long ago. In that case and if AC Milan already knew this and Ancelotti was leaving ........ WHY DID WE LET GOURCUFF GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are the plans if Gourcuff is still young and cheaper than Kaká. Why did we unload this player if the board knew Kaká was leaving. Is Silvio just selling his assets in order to finally sell the team??????????????

We let both Ricky and Yoann back because silvio thinks R80 is good enough to lead our attack rolleyes.gif

I'm waiting for the day when R80 screws us over smile.gif
I_Rossoneri
P.S. Don't go buying a Pato shirt as he will be next.
han2503
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jun 9 2009, 03:03 PM) *
P.S. Don't go buying a Pato shirt as he will be next.

So true...

@R7, I enjoy reading your economics based post. I find your knowldge on the subject enlightening. But please spare me. Milan are the only club constantly complaining about the money issues, no other club. And guess what, our owner is the Prime Minister of the f'ing country!!!! That's how ridiculous we've become.

Milan pushed Ricky out because they needed the cash flow, because Silvio does not want to invest anymore, because this has brought Milan to what it is today. Milan as a whole has been declining at a rapid rate, we are not growing as a club. End of a cycle?? We shouldn't have let the cycle go this far to begin with, and instead of ending the cycle with our best and youngest players intact, we're losing those and keeping the older less effective players to start the 'new' cycle. I mean this is ridiculous.

This is as far as I go with my so called 'bashing'. I'm going to hold judgment for when the transfer window closes. I think it's only fair and you probably agree with this. But what I can see happening is us buying a couple of mediocre players for the defence and over paying a ridiculous ammount for the headless chicken that is Adebayour, and the management will say we're covered for next season.

I mean who are they trying to feed this cr@p to? They think the fans are stupid and will belive all they say, and try to feed us BS that the big massive gaping hole that we'll be left with next season can be filled with 2 mediocre signings.

We've just lost our captain, star player and coach. Milan got dismantled in less then a month and they're going to try and BS us into going along with their cr@p.

I'm just afraid of what we'll see next season, because you thought these last two seasons were bad, its only just the beginning. The management are leading us to a dead end road.

Like I said, Silvio might have built Milan into the footballing super power that it is today, but he will be the one to tear the whole thing down. Why wouldn't he? He's already gotten all that he's needed out of Milan, why keep spending on it??
A.X
i think the management know what they're doing .... btw who is dzeko ???? i think they will buy him no ??? ... and we can't judge from now ... we have to wait until next season.... and see what milan do in serie A and italian cup and Champions League ... juve bought diego .... inter have ibra ... and milan have ronaldinho and pato .... !!!!! we will see until next season ... we can't know what will happen ... maybe they're right maybe they're wrong ... just wait and watch .....
Nova
QUOTE (A.X @ Jun 9 2009, 05:15 PM) *
i think the management know what they're doing .... btw who is dzeko ???? i think they will buy him no ??? ... and we can't judge from now ... we have to wait until next season.... and see what milan do in serie A and italian cup and Champions League ... juve bought diego .... inter have ibra ... and milan have ronaldinho and pato .... !!!!! we will see until next season ... we can't know what will happen ... maybe they're right maybe they're wrong ... just wait and watch .....

ronaldinho !! king.gif king.gif
Rivaldo
Costacurta: Kaka did it for Milan

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun9j.html

sad.gif
savicevic
I was already survive something like this when Sheva laves, but this is too much. It is obivus that Milan is become expensive toy for Berlusconi...
Good bye Ricky and thank you for everything cry.gif
HasanHasanly
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 9 2009, 07:01 PM) *
I don’t understand how it is so easy to point fingers and assume that the management want to sell the clubs most prolific players; just to reap off the profits … Selling Shevchenko and Kaka’ at their prime, not investing in top quality players, owner not interested in the future of the club etc … Justified by assumptions that the management has no clear vision and are a bunch of baboons sitting around a table, cutting and dissecting the club; minimizing its capacity to challenge for anything noteworthy.

Notable Examples to the effects of the current situation on a large scale:

Then again, Lehmann Brothers (LHB) after 158 years, Est. 1850, of being the cornerstone and most iconic statues of Wall St. collapsed at the wake of the mortgage crisis. The effect of this collapse sent shockwaves throughout the world, as LHB was THE investment bank of its time. It filed for Chapter 11 and opted for liquidation (cashing in) of all of its assets after failing to find a potential buyer.

General Motors Corp. (GM) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on June 1 2009. A move which puts a giant in the US job market, (GM employs 10% of the US population) on its knees. With much needed injection of cash; it sold its lucrative Hummer brand to Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co. of China. Furthermore, Company has revealed that it has potential buyers lined up for both its Saturn and Saab brands and is currently studying the possibility of closing down its Pontiac brand.

American International Group (AIG), now had this company filed for Chapter 11, Europe would have been literally crushed, as the CEO of Deutsche Bank put it, post the US Federal Reserve’s intervention in injecting cash of $40bn into the AIG. As this company, in simple terms, insures the top banks in Europe namely Barclays, Deutsche and Societe Generale.

Merrill Lynch (MER) sold itself off to Bank of America (BAC) in order to bring in $50bn (it was valued at $100bn in early 2007) and save itself from filling for Chapter 11.

Fannie May and Freddie Mac, once the two pillars, which lead the US property market, are in serious trouble and have defaulted on their repayments. They recorded losses far greater than $11bn each in the last annual report that I have seen.

If these giants come to their knees, due to a credit crunch, while most entities all over the US, Europe, and Asia are suffering the reproductions of a plague (recession), why wont a football club be affected? Especially a football club in Italy, a country that has received double blows, with a recession in 2007 then a credit (cash) crisis in 2008?

Why can’t Milan really be suffering the consequence?

Why does it have to be the management that wants the club to lower its stature? Why can’t it be that these men are benefiting the club’s financial future, which might be at stake?

Why is it that Milan is compared to top European clubs, instead of being compared to clubs in Serie A, as they are suffering the same financial difficulties suffered by Roma and Juve?

inter? Massimo Moratti, enjoys an abundance of liquidity in a time where oil prices skyrocketed to the $145 per barrel. This is the only justification for his club’s extravagant spend over recent years based on Saras’s financials.
(“The Saras S.p.A. ordinary shareholders’ meeting, held today and chaired
by Gian Marco Moratti has approved Parent Company Financial Statements as of 31 December 2008 ended with a net profit of EUR 61.8 million.” From Saras annual report.” – From Saras annual report.)
While clubs like Juve, Milan, Roma have been suffering the recession coupled by the affect of the credit (cash) crisis.

It is not viable to compare Barca, Madrid, United, Chelsea and the likes … as their respective football governing bodies promote their leagues and clubs financially both directly and indirectly. They have better sporting tax laws and are more lenient in debt structure … that amongst others, which I am not, exposed to. This can be felt throughout the world, as English and Spanish football is by far the most followed leagues mainly due to the promotion of their football by their respective leagues; both directly and indirectly. Sure they have all been affected by the current financial turmoil, but are less affected than their counter parts in Italy. Are they not affected? Of course they are, but did they go through Calciopoli in 2006? Did they go through a recession in 2007? And are their respective football governing bodies as stringent as FIGC?

In closing … these are strange times that we are in at the moment. You don’t have to be finance major to rectify reasons behind the situation at our beloved club, just the fact that the league as a whole has been suffering illiquidity ever since the turn of the millennium is enough to point you in the right direction. Hence, I strongly believe it is true what Galliani has been saying about the clubs internal difficulties on a microeconomic level, which has been further affected by the macroeconomic level (Serie A and Italy as a whole).

Ronaldinho avatar, lack of spending potential BS, refusal to compare to Man U, Barca and Real as soon as things start to fall apart. Is it truly you Mr. Berlusconi?

Just sell the club to a sheikh Silvio, and go down in history as a legend and not as public enemy. And stop playing around with barely legal chicks. Seriously now.
Zed.D
Leonardo: 'We'll miss Kaka'
Tuesday 9 June, 2009
New Coach Leonardo admits Milan “will really miss Kaka” as a person even more than as a football player.

The Ballon d’Or winner completed his £60m switch to Real Madrid last night by penning a six-year contract.

“We will miss Ricardo,” Leonardo told Sky Italia. “Naturally I will miss him a great deal, as will all of us, both as a person and a player.

“He has been an extraordinary player for us. All of us care for him, he is a symbol. This does not mean that contacts will cease, as they will remain very much alive.”

Milan supporters are furious at the departure of their top star, especially after Kaka admitted he wanted to remain at San Siro, but left to help the club during the economic crisis.

“They forced him to leave,” slammed one fan on an internet forum.

“They complain about the financial situation, but they spend 4m Euros per year for Dida’s contract, not to mention to pointless signings of Ronaldinho and Andriy Shevchenko.”

Many have announced plans to cancel their season tickets and subscription to Milan Channel in protest.

There are fears that Alexandre Pato will follow after he said he would speak to Carlo Ancelotti at Chelsea before making a decision.

“Pato is not just off the market, he is completely off the market,” assured Vice-President Adriano Galliani.

As for the last line, I'm wondering how many years will pass till it becomes something like "we can't afford to lose multimillion offers for Pato every season anymore, blah blah blah"...
--
IMO It's good some supporters are planning to boycott the tickets/Milan Channel subscriptions. it's not about the affection for Kaka; it's about affection for the club! if they don't protest, the management will keep going down this rotten road.
Bluesummers
Italy boss Marcello Lippi has surprisingly admitted that he is happy to see Kaka leave AC Milan in order to join Real Madrid.

The former Juventus coach, currently in South Africa preparing for the Confederations Cup, believes that Serie A must have fewer foreigners and more Italian content in the squads.

"The more foreigners that leave Italy, the better it is for Italian Calcio," he claimed, speaking to Sky Italia.

The comments seem rather biased, as fewer foreigners in Serie A would allow Lippi to look at a larger pool of players for Azzurri consideration. A prime example would be Inter, the champions of Italy, who only play two Italians on a regular basis - Davide Santon and Mario Balotelli.

Interestingly, Lippi and Kaka will cross paths on June 21, as Italy and Brazil meet in the final match of the Confederations Cup Group stage.

The funniest thing about this is that we will replacing him with another foreigner haha! I mean lets be realistic here, all our transfers will be foreigners laugh.gif
Zed.D
How on earth can someone as supposedly intelligent as Lippi say he's glad we've sold Kaka, only because he's not Italian...? is he a Fascist?
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 9 2009, 05:14 PM) *
How on earth can someone as supposedly intelligent as Lippi say he's glad we've sold Kaka, only because he's not Italian...? is he a Fascist?

i read that too hahahahahahaha Lippi is losing it
Rossoneri7
@han ... To each his own opinion. I am not feeding you this information, you don't even need to consider it as far as I'm concerned smile.gif

I was talking on the premise that this is an issue that interests me .. While you have your respective premise.

purwo
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 9 2009, 05:14 PM) *

hi,

he simply a juventini who's happy one of their contender sells their best player, did he sayin anything bad about Diego transfer to Juve.... no
MizNelson
QUOTE (Zed)
is he a Fascist?

Heh. I doubt it, but he is a Juventino who's probably giddy at Milan giving up a player like Kaka.
Zed.D
QUOTE (purwo @ Jun 10 2009, 01:30 AM) *
hi,

he simply a juventini who's happy one of their contender sells their best player, did he sayin anything bad about Diego transfer to Juve.... no

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 10 2009, 01:34 AM) *
Heh. I doubt it, but he is a Juventino who's probably giddy at Milan giving up a player like Kaka.

That seems to be the case.
One expects more than this from someone like Lippi... yes, Serie A would probably be better off with less foreigners but not without players of the caliber of Kaka.
Bluesummers
Have risen about 24 hours after the passage of Ricardo Kakà Milan from Real Madrid. The disappointment of the fans is still a rossoneri but Kakà Real is starting a new adventure with a new jersey. Aside for the number 22 who dressed in Milan, Ricardo chose the number 18: "I have good memories port - said Kakà -. It was the day of my first game at the Bernabeu, where I also scored a goal wearing the shirt with that number. "

So number 18 is what he chooses. Personally I'm kind of happy he didn't choose 22. That number should be kept for Kaka of milan only. That number will be in our hearts forever. It should not be shared with madrid fans.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 9 2009, 11:39 PM) *
So number 18 is what he chooses. Personally I'm kind of happy he didn't choose 22.

Source?

Edit: Never mind, I found one.
Milan Are Brilliant
I thought he would have number 5.

Still, he's a past player now, time to look too the future and not worry about what he's doing now... unfortunately.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jun 10 2009, 12:45 AM) *
I thought he would have number 5.

Still, he's a past player now, time to look too the future and not worry about what he's doing now... unfortunately.

SIR YES SIR!
Bluesummers
Kaka's commercial appeal at Real Madrid could see his world record transfer fee repaid in just one year. He has the potential to generate €70 million in business, according to a report.

The Brazilian has put pen-to-paper on a mammoth move from AC Milan, but that will comfortably smoothed over by the amount that his arrival will earn for Los Merengues.

A report commissioned by Weber Shandwick Sport suggests the figure of €70m ($100m) and Simon Chadwick, director of the Centre for the International Business of Sport (CIBS) at Coventry University, agrees.

“Kaka and [Cristiano] Ronaldo can be viewed in the same bracket as David Beckham when it comes to global commercial impact, if their image is controlled right and Real Madrid improve their results in the UEFA Champions League as a result of their arrival,” he is quoted as saying by Bloomberg.

“Becks sold a million shirts in his first six months at Real Madrid when he was just one of several 'galacticos' turning out for the all-whites, alongside the likes of Zidane, Raul and the Brazilian Ronaldo.

"Even if Real signed one or two of the other stars being mentioned, there would be a real focus on Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo's talents on the pitch, but also their brand off it.

"That will pay for their transfers several times over, even with a bumper salary package.”

If this is such a good idea, then why dont' we do it. If iyou can generate that much money from signing star players then why aren't we doing it.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 10 2009, 02:39 AM) *
So number 18 is what he chooses. Personally I'm kind of happy he didn't choose 22. That number should be kept for Kaka of milan only. That number will be in our hearts forever. It should not be shared with madrid fans.

I didn't think about it like this in such depth, good point, I like the idea of K22 for just us smile.gif
Zed.D
Maldini: We won't win without Kaka

Wednesday 10 June, 2009

Legendary Milan defender Paolo Maldini believes winning the Champions League is 'a utopia' now Kaka has left for Real Madrid.

The 40-year-old retired from football last week, having made 902 appearances for the Rossoneri over a quarter of a century.

“For Milan, it's the end of an era,” Maldini said. “To think about winning the Champions League without Kaka is utopian.

“Kaka is one of the top five players in the world. He is the first of this level to have been sold. The other four haven't moved.

“When Franco Baresi retired, I felt lost. I only saw black. But then Milan knew how to start all over again.

“This club has always gone forward. I understand the moment, but if the club manages itself as it has done up until now the story will continue,” he explained.

Maldini then went on to talk about the Ultras, who whistled him during his last game at San Siro against Roma.

“I expected something different. I believe that Adriano Galliani took it personally. He has his directors and his people.

“The words of Berlusconi have put me at ease, with a peaceful heart he said the things I wanted to hear.”

Looking to the future, Maldini believes Milan will come to rely on their remaining Brazilian stars, namely Ronaldinho and Alexandre Pato.

“Ronaldinho could become a leader, but it's up to him. He has to take more responsibility,” Maldini said.

“I don't believe Pato will leave. The hope is that we will be able to see him at Milan for many years to come. He has yet to fully understand his talent. He is only 19.”

On being asked to describe what he will do now he is retired, Maldini replied: “Manage family life. I have had various proposals. Nothing from Milan yet, but there is still time to speak about something.

“They have other priorities at the moment. Let's say that if there is a chance to work in a role of responsibility it will be difficult to say no.

“One thing is certain. I don't just want to be a face. I now await a meeting with the team to see what it is like to be on the other side,” he concluded.

I'm still wondering, why not a single word from Galliani/Berlu on Kaka's sale and future plans? this doesn't make sense! are they in their hidings fearing the lives may be taken by angry ultras or what? why don't they come out and say something?

When Sheva left it was much different...
Habitant
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 10 2009, 01:53 PM) *
I'm still wondering, why not a single word from Galliani/Berlu on Kaka's sale and future plans? this doesn't make sense! are they in their hidings fearing the lives may be taken by angry ultras or what? why don't they come out and say something?

yep sheva actually wanted to go, unlike with kaka although some love to suggest otherwise cuz as we all know galliani and silvio are gods among men.
pacang

more like a hit and run felony.. to some, the penalty is death.. maybe that's why..
MizNelson
Maldini: We won't win without Kaka
Wednesday 10 June, 2009
Legendary Milan defender Paolo Maldini believes winning the Champions League is 'a utopia' now Kaka has left for Real Madrid.

“For Milan, it's the end of an era,” Maldini said. “To think about winning the Champions League without Kaka is utopian.

Guess he forgot that we won six out of our seven Big Ears without Kaka, we didn't qualify for the CL last season (07-08) with him, and had to scrape out third place in the league last month while he was here, for some examples.

Thanks for the doomsday sentiment, Paolo, but I think we'll survive.
han2503
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 10 2009, 03:53 PM) *
Guess he forgot that we won six out of our seven Big Ears without Kaka, we didn't qualify for the CL last season (07-08) with him, and had to scrape out third place in the league last month while he was here, for some examples.

Thanks for the doomsday sentiment, Paolo, but I think we'll survive.

More like we managed to get that far no matter how mediocre with him there, because had he not been there we would have gotten off much worse.

I love how now that he's left its like he meant nothing to the club and how much he contributed
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 10 2009, 01:53 PM) *

Their silence is a sign of guilt.

QUOTE (Habitant @ Jun 10 2009, 02:26 PM) *
yep sheva actually wanted to go, unlike with kaka although some love to suggest otherwise cuz as we all know galliani and silvio are gods among men.

According to Pirlo, Ricky didn't want to leave but was forced out:

Pirlo has admitted that the sale of Kaka has disrupted the Milan camp and he believes the club could pay the price for putting financial reward ahead of the best interests of the team.

"We took it badly," he added.

"Kaka is a really great player and a really great man. To cover his absence will take time.

"They (the Milan board) wanted to bring in the money. Ricardo (Kaka) was right to say this hasn't been his decision."

Link Sky sports

I think the fallout from this are going to be massive, well done b&g rolleyes.gif
A.X
The Milan legend has given his farewell press conference and he has given his views on the past, present and future...
10 Jun 2009 11:06:34

Paolo Maldini has finally waved goodbye to Milan during his farewell press conference following an epic career at the San Siro.

The legendary defender played a total of 901 games for the club during a 24-year-stint there. He won, among many honours, five European Cups and seven Scudetti. During that time he became known as the greatest left-back in the history of the game. Maldini hung up his boots on the final day of the season and he was clearly emotional during today's press conference where he thanked everyone involved during his career.

"I am and I will always be a Milan fan, I have always given my best, and I feel I have deserved what I have achieved at this club," Maldini told Sky Sport Italia.

Reports suggested Maldini could have a future in Spain after Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola invited him to join the club following their Champions League win, but the Italian has declined. Kaka's Real Madrid move has also been the hot topic of discussion at Milan.

"I am honoured regarding what Guardiola said, but I don't think my future will be in Barcelona," added the captain.

"Kaka? His transfer signals a massive change here at Milan. He is the first player of a great level that Milan have sold, they would never have done this in the past and I think it is a major blow on the club and on the fans.

"He is one of the best players in the world. Milan in decline? I don't think so. I think it was a logical decision and now it will be a challenge to win the Champions League without players like Kaka."

Maldini will leave behind the captaincy at Milanello, and he believes Massimo Ambrosini has the qualities to take the armband. Andrea Pirlo has also been linked to Chelsea, but the defender feels the Italian will remain in Italy.

"I believe Massimo could be the new Milan captain, but it will be down to Leonardo," added the captain.

"As for Pirlo, I think he will remain in Italy. I believe his will is to remain in Milan."

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com
purwo
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jun 10 2009, 01:32 PM) *
Their silence is a sign of guilt.

agree, even florentino perez try to calm milan fans, but not a single word from galliani or berlusconi
I_Rossoneri
If anyone thinks Ricky really wanted to leave I suggest you read this:

A Reluctant Galactico

Spain-based journalist Graham Hunter told Sky Sports News he believes Real Madrid's world-record signing Kaka is a reluctant Galactico.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has pulled off a major coup by signing the Brazilian superstar on a six-year deal for a world record-breaking transfer fee estimated at £56million.

But while football's biggest names such as Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo and David Beckham described their big-money transfers to the Bernabeu as a dream come true, Hunter says that Kaka has regretfully made the move to Spain to ease AC Milan's financial worries.

"If you remember the original Galactico, Luis Figo, he betrayed Barcelona [to move to Real Madrid] and is still regarded as a traitor," said Hunter.

"Zidane spent months telling Juventus he had to leave as his wife wanted to go back to the Mediterranean. And of course Ronaldo, after years of being semi-fit because of crippling injuries, finally got fit at Inter Milan's expense, won the World Cup and immediately walked out on the club to join Real Madrid.

"Kaka has been a little bit different. When asked why he finally made the move after rejecting is so many times, having said last week that he was bored of the subject and didn't want to be asked about it anymore, he said 'well, there's an economic crisis; many, many businesses are losing employees and struggling financially and I'm leaving to help AC Milan'.

"There was no sense of rejoice in his voice. There was no, 'this is a dream and I've always wanted to play for this club'. There wasn't a sense of joy at signing for Real Madrid. He did this as a gesture to help the club he cares about - which is AC Milan."
Enthusiasm

But while Kaka may have left Italy with some reluctance his transfer to arguably the world's biggest club has been met with enthusiasm by adoring fans in his native Brazil.

Hunter said: "There is delirium in Brazil because this is probably their favourite player at the moment. In some parts of the UK it is underestimated how important a footballing figure Kaka is and how brilliant a footballer he is.

"In terms of publicity and awards Cristiano Ronaldo and probably now Lionel Messi have eclipsed him in the last 18-24 months. But Kaka is a genius footballer, a brilliant professional, and a brilliant athlete, who many people in Brazil not only venerate for his footballing talent but look up to him as an individual. So therefore the fact that he is finally joining Real Madrid has gone down brilliantly in his home nation."

Earmarked

FIFA's World Player of the Year in 2007 has been earmarked to take the number five jersey as worn by Zidane, but Hunter said it paid testament to Kaka's humility that he was hesitant to take the Real legend's shirt number.

"That famous number five - white jersey, black number five - was the one Zidane was wearing when he cracked that brilliant volley at Hampden to win his first Champions League. That number five was supposed to be Kaka's but he has said out of respect for Zidane that actually he doesn't want to wear it.

"This is not an individualistic gesture, not a case of 'I want my own number'. This is Kaka saying that he hasn't earned Zidane's number five and therefore doesn't want to wear it. But I don't think the case has been resolved because maybe for marketing purposes Kaka's wish will be ignored."

Sky sports

He was forced out and anyone disagreeing is either ignorant or clueless.
BssMn
I just loved the way Maldini explained himself....he spoke from the heart, like a truly Milan fan, who's wounded because of the recent facts. First the administratives didnt't support him in the San Siro's problem, and now they sell Kaka....he's very desappointed, and I really understand him....

“I am and will always remain a Rossonero fan, sincerely this is an huge chance. Kaka is the first player of a certain level to be sold, in the past such an idea was never taken into consideration. He’s one of the five best players in the world, just like Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. This decision was taken badly by my team-mates and the fans."

The last part really worries me....I hope Milan don't loose the motivation.
aLbErTo
http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/06/...ord-real-madrid it's really a disaster to see that CR7 is sold for almost 30mio€ more then kaka....is he that much better(not!), or have our directors accept the first offer from Real Madrid ??
han2503
This will either blow up in Real's face or it will be something amazing to see...

Regarding the transfer fee, they're paying 20m more not 30m. Kaka was sold for 60m and taking into concideration the age difference between the 2 players and comparing their last 2 seasons, I think it's justifiable that they paid more for Ronaldo...
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 11 2009, 10:37 AM) *
This will either blow up in Real's face or it will be something amazing to see...

Regarding the transfer fee, they're paying 20m more not 30m. Kaka was sold for 60m and taking into concideration the age difference between the 2 players and comparing their last 2 seasons, I think it's justifiable that they paid more for Ronaldo...

they will be hard to beat in fifa 10 biggrin.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 11 2009, 02:07 PM) *

Agreed with everything you said.
A.X
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 11 2009, 12:37 PM) *

kaka was sold for 67.5 m not 60 m ... and madrid will be the best man !!! kaka ronaldo ... what about messi and villa and aguero ... **** perez ... and **** the board who accept to sell players like kaka ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.