Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kaka: I don't want to leave Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
MizNelson
That's just sad that Mediaset has a minute-by-minute account of what's going on.
Bluesummers
Looks like problems with the figures are happening.

Milan want 80 million and they are not interested in any madrid players.

Madrid want to give 65 plus 2 players.

Kaka wants 12 million a season.

Madrid only willing to offer 9 million.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 2 2009, 03:40 PM) *
Kaka wants 12 million a season. Madrid only willing to offer 9 million.

Greedy b*****d, assuming this whole thing was true.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 2 2009, 04:43 PM) *

well if hes leaving he might as well get as much as possible. If hes asking 12 million, how much do you think ronaldo will ask.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 2 2009, 11:33 PM) *
Bite your tongue!
--
3AM here. I'm off to bed. hope tomorrow we'll know how it's gonna end.

Why? carlo wants him wink.gif

Just sell all our best players so berlusconi can have more money and then we can just concentrate on getting CL every season.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 3 2009, 01:30 AM) *
He is our icon R7. Its like selling maldini.

If your referring to 'our' as in Milan fans, then I beg to differ. Because Shevchenko was considered an icon. Hell, Shevchenko won more with Milan than Kaka' did, and look at what kind of icon he turned out to be dry.gif

The only icons Milan had were Franco Baresi & Paolo Maldini .. The numbers 6 & 3 weren't retired for nothing you know
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 2 2009, 11:43 PM) *

Or is he trying to put them off????

It seems to me that Ricky is perfectly happy to stay at Milan but the s(um that manage Milan have dollar signs in their eyes! The sooner the corrupt w@nkers are gone the better.
il_diavolo_mtl
Kaka's Real Madrid Move Held Up By Last-Minute Chelsea Bid - Report
The Blues have made a desperate last-minute attempt for the Brazilian

The official announcement of Kaka's transfer to Real Madrid has been held up after Chelsea made a last-gasp bid for the Milan ace, according to Sky Italia.

The Spanish and Italian media are absolutely certain that Kaka will join Madrid in a €65 million deal, and just an hour or so ago Sky Italia claimed that the Brazilian had given his approval to the move.

An official announcement was then expected imminently, but this confirmation has reportedly been delayed after Chelsea lodged a last-gasp bid to try and sign Kaka themselves.

The 27-year-old is still expected to sign for Madrid, despite the presence of Kaka's old Milan mentor Carlo Ancelotti, who only took over as manager of Chelsea on Monday morning.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 2 2009, 11:33 PM) *
Bite your tongue!
--
3AM here. I'm off to bed. hope tomorrow we'll know how it's gonna end.

galliani's own words -
Galliani has reiterated recently that Milan might find it difficult to turn down offers for their prize Brazilian assets.

"We have had requests for Kaka and Pato from two of Europe's biggest clubs and we will try and resist but there is an uneven playing field," said Galliani.

Source BBC

So Pato next then?!?!?
MizNelson
QUOTE (Goal.com)
Kaka's Real Madrid Move Held Up By Last-Minute Chelsea Bid - Report
The Blues have made a desperate last-minute attempt for the Brazilian

More like breaking wind than breaking news, as anything Goal.crap reports stinks to high heaven.

(Don't forget to list sources, Diavolo.)
Rivaldo
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jun 2 2009, 10:47 PM) *
Why? carlo wants him wink.gif

Just sell all our best players so berlusconi can have more money and then...

He'll sell the club.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Rivaldo @ Jun 3 2009, 12:09 AM) *
He'll sell the club.

Only when he's cashed in on all our best players...
MizNelson
Has it occurred to anyone that maybe we're overreacting completely? Maybe Real actually want Kalac instead and we're simply reading the reports wrong.
Tennie
Still don't see anything concrete. Sky italia (thanks for providing the source) is doing what Mediaset and other outlets are doing and quoting the stuff from Spain and England.

Still see no reason to get my panties in a twist over this one.

and +1 to what R7 said above re: Milan icons.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 2 2009, 04:49 PM) *
If your referring to 'our' as in Milan fans, then I beg to differ. Because Shevchenko was considered an icon. Hell, Shevchenko won more with Milan than Kaka' did, and look at what kind of icon he turned out to be dry.gif

The only icons Milan had were Franco Baresi & Paolo Maldini .. The numbers 6 & 3 weren't retired for nothing you know

Right now to the world, the symbol of milan are maldini and kaka. Just like before it was sheva and maldini.
Tennie
Disagree, blue. Just because that's how you see it doesn't mean that it's how everyone else does. Is Kaka currently Milan's best player? Probably but I could make a case for Pato. Is he a very important player? Absolutely. Would I rank him with Van Basten, Shevchenko, Rivera, Liedholm, etc? Sure. Would I rank him with Maldini and Baresi? Nope.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 2 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Disagree, blue. Just because that's how you see it doesn't mean that it's how everyone else does. Is Kaka currently Milan's best player? Probably but I could make a case for Pato. Is he a very important player? Absolutely. Would I rank him with Van Basten, Shevchenko, Rivera, Liedholm, etc? Sure. Would I rank him with Maldini and Baresi? Nope.

I disagree and i'll leave it at that.

-------------------------------------------------

If this transfer goes through, we better sign some players. Juve signs diego for 25 million and Galliani is spewing bs about how italy can't afford to spend.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jun 2 2009, 06:18 PM) *
how reliable is sky again sad.gif ?

Very...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 3 2009, 12:13 AM) *
Has it occurred to anyone that maybe we're overreacting completely? Maybe Real actually want Kalac instead and we're simply reading the reports wrong.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm not confident of him staying until the window closes. It's going to be a long summer.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 2 2009, 05:28 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm not confident of him staying until the window closes. It's going to be a long summer.

glad to see you back. How are you feeling. You must feel how we are feeling about kaka in regards to barry.
Tennie
The English Sky is reporting that Chelsea are close to signing Kaka, for what it's worth.

Still don't think there's a need to freak out.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 2 2009, 05:30 PM) *
The English Sky is reporting that Chelsea are close to signing Kaka, for what it's worth.

This is like theatre. Madrid close to signing kaka, chelsea close to signing kaka.

It makes me wonder if Abramo got on the plane as soon as he heard galliani landed in madrid.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 3 2009, 12:29 AM) *
glad to see you back. How are you feeling. You must feel how we are feeling about kaka in regards to barry.

Yep. What a crappy day. sad.gif

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 3 2009, 12:30 AM) *

Kaka', Lampard and Essien would be scary..
Bluesummers
We should try to force a 100 million from chelsea. I'm sure they would do it too.
Bluesummers
and our dream of a ka pa ro is gone. sigh....
TriniKing_CE
Translated from Mediaset [to english]:

Kakà is close to Real Madrid. The announcement is not official yet, but the agreement with AC Milan and the player seems to have been reached. Kakà move to Real for 64.5 (but could be in more of a technical contribution). Brazilian contract for five years, for 9 million euros per season, plus any other bonus. But the Chelsea persevere. Ancelotti and Abramovich is ready with an offer superior to that of Real.

Original:
Kakà è vicinissimo al Real Madrid. L'annuncio ufficiale non c'è ancora, ma l'accordo con il Milan e con il giocatore sembra essere stato raggiunto. Kakà passerebbe al Real per 64.5 (ma potrebbe esserci in più una contropartita tecnica). Per il brasiliano contratto quinquennale, per 9 milioni di euro a stagione, più altri eventuali bonus. Ma il Chelsea non demorde. Ancelotti e Abramovich sono pronti con un'offerta superiore a quella del Real.

Link:
http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/artico...ml?refresh_cens
barian
"I'll say it for the last time. The last time. I don't want to leave Milan," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "In this period I prefer to remain silent because I don't want to be misunderstood. Or, worse still, to be used.

"To the millions of Milan supporters, I say that I have made my choice. I have said what I want to stay.

"Leave me in peace, please."

(It was Kaka said in sky sport) Hope it will be true! devilsmiley.gif
Zed.D
10-game wonder and greedy *******. wow...

... I think he'd be better off gone.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 3 2009, 03:19 AM) *

Billy.

And I don't think Milan had only 2 icons in its history. they're definitely the first two but there are many who gave their all to the club and just because they hadn't the longevity of Baresi and Maldini doesn't mean they can't be seen as icons of the club. Milan is bigger than that to have only 2 icons.
--
Of course Kaka is nowhere near Maldini and Baresi!! but they're gone and in the current squad he's one of our 3 or 4 symbols and definitely the most recognized of them worldwide, which makes him the teams flag and icon.

To say it's alright to sell him because he isn't as big an icon as Maldini is plain dumb.

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jun 3 2009, 03:25 AM) *
galliani's own words -

Source BBC

So Pato next then?!?!?

Galliani simply can't sell Pato and Kaka in the same transfer window or even in two/three years' time! and if he had to sell one of them, it's obvious who it'd be.
whoarethepatriots
I dont blame Kaka for feeling disgruntled. If my club kept on listening to offers for me, while i expressly stated my desire to stay, i would feel like i was not wanted and would want to leave.

This will set a dangerous precedent. At the time of Sheva's sale i did wonder if we would start selling players. Sheva's loss hurt me symbolically more than anything else. He was nearly 30 and was leaving his peak, while Kaka will in his peak.

Pato to be sold when he is 23? dont bet against it, especially when Mr Galliani complains that we cant refuse offers for players like that. Yes we can Galliani, with the simple phrase of "no"
Bluesummers
We will lose fans and stature if this deal goes through.

Welcome to the new era of italian football, as juve and inter climb, we plumit further and further. I wonder if we'll be like napoli one day.
6Best
QUOTE ( Goal.com )
Milan To Sign Amauri If Kaka Leaves - Report
The Rossoneri want to invest the possible money they might receive from the Kaka sale in a certain Brazil-bred forward...

New Milan coach Leonardo has already set his sights on Juventus striker Amauri if star player Kaka leaves, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport.

Apparently, the Rossoneri are trying to tempt Amauri, after failing to sign him last summer in their transfer battle with the Bianconeri.

However, the Old Lady has no intention of letting her Brazilian stud leave, considering French striker David Trezeguet's probable departure. Still, a €30 million offer will be difficult for the Juve board to refuse, and in that case they will do all they can to hold on to 'Trezegol'.

The Bianconeri have already extended Vincenzo Iaquinta's contract and are also hunting down Lazio's Goran Pandev, whose arrival would surely ease the pain if Amauri were to leave.

Amauri enjoyed an excellent first part of the season before injuries slowed him down. He scored 12 goals from 32 Serie A outings.

I really hope he doesn't leave , he still one of our most important player and regarding the symbol thing , I would certainly not compare him with Maldini but at the moment he is surely our biggest symbol worldwide . I agree with with bluesummers that we will leave many fans if he leaves . I would be very , very sad if he leaves . mellow.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
We sell Kaka, get Amauri.

I don't know when the downfall of this club is going to end quite frankly.

Maybe we will never be the major outfit of the 90's again, the sad truth is currently Barca, Inter, United, Chelsea, Madrid are streets ahead of us and we have turned into a selling club over the last few years.
6Best
QUOTE (Skysports)

Milan deny Kaka claims

Galliani in Madrid to attend Perez celebration, not to discuss deal

After ongoing speculation of a move away from the San Siro, Sky Bet go 1/4 that Kaka will join Real Madrid this summer. The Brazilian has been linked with a £65m move to the Spanish giants but Milan (4/1) insist he will stay with the Rossoneri.

AC Milan have refuted suggestions that Brazilian playmaker Kaka is in talks with Real Madrid.

Reports on Tuesday suggested the Rossoneri had reached an agreement with their Spanish counterparts regarding the sale of their South American superstar.

An offer of around £65million was believed to have been agreed, with Kaka set to hold talks with Real in order to thrash out personal terms.

The former World Player of the Year has been strongly linked with a move to the Primera Liga for some time, with Madrid widely touted as his likely destination.

Those rumours have intensified of late, following Florentino Perez's return to the Real presidential hot-seat.

The new Santiago Bernabeu supremo has made no secret of his admiration for Kaka in the past, and was said to have held talks with Milan general manager Adriano Gailliani about a summer swoop.

However, Milan insist their man was in Madrid this week after being invited to attend a dinner with Perez to celebrate his return to power, not to discuss any potential deal for Kaka.

A statement released by the club read: "The general manager of the Rossoneri, Adriano Galliani, is in the city of Madrid exclusively for the investiture dinner of Florentino Perez, the new president of Real Madrid."

Lol , wtf ?
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (barian @ Jun 3 2009, 03:06 AM) *
"I'll say it for the last time. The last time. I don't want to leave Milan," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "In this period I prefer to remain silent because I don't want to be misunderstood. Or, worse still, to be used.

"To the millions of Milan supporters, I say that I have made my choice. I have said what I want to stay.

"Leave me in peace, please."

(It was Kaka said in sky sport) Hope it will be true! devilsmiley.gif

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ju...anchester-milan
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 3 2009, 09:30 AM) *
We will lose fans and stature if this deal goes through.

Welcome to the new era of italian football, as juve and inter climb, we plumit further and further. I wonder if we'll be like napoli one day.

The day we failed to qualify for the CL in 2008, was the day we lost stature. As for the potential loss of fans, i dont care about that, i am a casual Barca fan because of Iniesta, if he were to leave i wouldnt be too fussed.

We have been declining for years, but remeber we are not AC Kaka, we are AC Milan, if the funds are invested properly, then we should be able to bounce back in a few years
dst
I don't give a **** about people who support Milan only because of Kaka.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jun 3 2009, 01:28 PM) *
We sell Kaka, get Amauri.

I don't know when the downfall of this club is going to end quite frankly.

Maybe we will never be the major outfit of the 90's again, the sad truth is currently Barca, Inter, United, Chelsea, Madrid are streets ahead of us and we have turned into a selling club over the last few years.

I wouldn't call it a downfall, the problem is people are not grasping how difficult it is competing against those said clubs without the resources they have available. Economically Milan has been very depended on Silvio for the past decade.

It is very easy to sit behind a computer and state your opinion, comparing, criticizing and bemoaning .. Without taking into consideration the financial stability of the club. Galliani has reiterated tons of times, that the situation in Italy is a handicap when paired to England or Spain, yet people think it is easy to skim through it and disregard it. When on the contrary, it is as real as it gets sad.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 3 2009, 11:55 AM) *
I don't give a **** about people who support Milan only because of Kaka.

You're missing the point though. The point is that a few years ago galliani proudly stated 'Milan will never sell it's stars' and now we listen to offers for any player, hell even Pato could be next!!!! It wouldn't be quite so hard to take if we were a small club struggling to survive, but we're supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. As for galliani saying no one wants to go to Italy because of taxes etc, then how come Juve(Serie B last season) can spend £25m on Diego? And Merda don't seem to have problems signing players neither. It seems to me that our beloved management are nothing more than a bunch of corrupt, lying crooks.

And as for Ricky, all he has ever done is to say he wants to play for Milan and this is the way he's treated! perhaps he's better off paying for someone else - after all at least he'll be appreciated anywhere but Milan it seems.

we really have gone downhill.
Tennie
Still don't see any proof that any of this story is true. In the event that it IS, I also don't think that Kaka is in any way an innocent victim in the whole thing as many have been portraying him.
Zed.D
I said before, it'd make me sad to see him leave but it's the only way we can breathe new life into the team by using the sale money - if it doesn't disappear in a puff of smoke like the last time we sold one of our stars dry.gif

The whole thing is worrying as whoarethepatriots said. we've turned into a club that has to sell its best players to be able to compete not at the highest level, but for CL spot and all that. if it's going to continue this way, I for one wouldn't mind if some reach billionaire bought the club and invested in it like it deserves.
Zed.D
Calcio Debate: Kaka To Madrid – Is Italian Football Now At Real Risk?

Kaka is almost certain to join Real Madrid from Milan, and Carlo Garganese now fears the worst for Serie A…

What has happened to Italian football? The modern game may be dominated by money and greed, but is Calcio on some kind of mission to rid itself of every big-name star? Since when has Italy become a selling country?

Serie A has flopped miserably in Europe over the past couple of seasons and, while there are numerous reasons why, there can be no denying that one of the major factors has been the inability to match the spending power of the Premier League, and the Spanish big two of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Look around the superpowers of Serie A – Inter, Juventus and Milan – where are the household names? On Sunday, Italy lost three, albeit ageing, legends in Paolo Maldini, Luis Figo and Pavel Nedved. Kaka will almost definitely leave to move to Real Madrid, while the chances of Zlatan Ibrahimovic joining him in La Liga are 50-50.

How can Serie A expect to dominate Europe again by selling their best players? Milan have had their spine ripped from them in a matter of days. First their soul and central pillar in defence Maldini, then their coach Carlo Ancelotti, and now it seems their best player Kaka. The Rossoneri are a painfully old team. The only first team players who are young are Kaka, Pato and Mathieu Flamini. New trainer Leonardo surely should have built the new era around these three stars.

Granted, Kaka's recurring injury problems are a real worry (something that should concern Real Madrid fans too), and he is not the same player he was in 2007, but this is a risky transfer. If Milan were to actually spend all the €65m they receive for the Brazilian on three or four world class stars, then perhaps selling to Madrid is a wise move. If reported targets Philippe Mexes, Hernanes, and Emmanuel Adebayor all arrive, the Rossoneri will certainly be stronger.

But, will this happen? President Silvio Berlusconi has seemingly lost all interest in the team he took to greatness in the late 1980s and 1990s. Milan are in debt, as are virtually every club in Europe, but Berlusconi no longer wants to be the sugerdaddy who bails them out of trouble. Those who follow Italian politics will know that Silvio has far more important things to worry about right now. Who wants to bet that the confirmation of Kaka’s sale won’t arrive until next week because Berlusconi doesn’t want to risk harming his European election nomination?

With so many big, established names being exported, it seems that only youth can now save Serie A as they attempt to close the gap on the Premier League. The Italian league undoubtedly has the best crop of youngsters in European football. No other championship can boast of such potentially awesome talents like Pato, Mauro Zarate, Mario Balotelli, Davide Santon, Sebastian Giovinco, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Kwadwo Asamoah, Alexis Sanchez, Marco Motta, and Stevan Jovetic.

But will youth be enough? For starters, the top Italian clubs rarely trust players under the age of 23, and who is to say that once they are mature enough, they won’t be shipped off to England for extortionate amounts? Napoli star Lavezzi seems as if he could be on his way to Liverpool for €30m.

The problem is not all Italy’s. One can only admire their traditional values, and determination not to sell out to rich, foreign investors who are crushing the soul of the game. Can you imagine a Serie A where Milan are owned by a Russian, Juventus by an American, and Inter by a Sheikh? It is unthinkable.

Perhaps the clubs need to be a little tougher in rejecting offers for big-name stars. When a player wants to depart, as Ibrahimovic seems to crave, it is difficult to hold him against his will. However, when a player repeats time after time that he wishes to stay, declaring his love for the club at every opportunity, as Kaka has done with Milan, this is where the decision to sell becomes difficult to understand.

It remains to be seen how Milan use Kaka’s money (and Yoann Gourcuff’s for that matter) but if they merely use it to pay off a few debts, then Italian football fans really should start worrying about the future of Calcio.

Carlo Garganese, Goal.com

Spot on, as usual.
dst
I don't get this move at all.

It can't be for financial reasons because if we get the players we reportedly are after we're going to spend as much as we get.

It can't be for footballing issues, Kaka has had an average season but he's far from finished and I'm sure he's highly regarded by everyone inside the club.
HasanHasanly
What Garganese says is true. If he has just stated the he does not want to leave, this can no longer be labeled as "Kaka leaves Milan". This can only be named "Milan forced Kaka out". and if they do force the best player of the league out, then down with Galliani who bi*ches about us having a weak league.
6Best
QUOTE (Goal.com)
Report: Milan Fans Protest Kaka Transfer To Real Madrid
The Rossoneri faithful are making themselves heard in front of Milan headquarters...

With Kaka on the verge of completing a transfer to Real Madrid, approximately 30 Milan fans have gathered in front of the club's headquarters on Via Turati to protest the move, according to La Repubblica.

The gathered crowd are yelling in chorus against Milan vice president Adriano Galliani, who is believed to have been a main facilitator in the Brazilian's alleged transfer to the La Liga giants, having reportedly been in Madrid yesterday along with Kaka's agent/father.

Local police officers have been dispatched to monitor the situation, but thus far have kept their distance and have had no reason to interfere with the crowd.

According to various reports, the Rossoneri have been receiving protests since yesterday through the internet, their e-mail flooded with angry letters from fans who desperately want the Milanese giants to hold on to the former Ballon d'Or winner.

These scenes are reminiscent to this past January, when fans also were displeased with Kaka's potential mega-money move to English Premier League side Manchester City.

Another Kaka - City saga kicks off...........
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 3 2009, 05:24 AM) *
I wouldn't call it a downfall, the problem is people are not grasping how difficult it is competing against those said clubs without the resources they have available. Economically Milan has been very depended on Silvio for the past decade.

It is very easy to sit behind a computer and state your opinion, comparing, criticizing and bemoaning .. Without taking into consideration the financial stability of the club. Galliani has reiterated tons of times, that the situation in Italy is a handicap when paired to England or Spain, yet people think it is easy to skim through it and disregard it. When on the contrary, it is as real as it gets sad.gif

Then berlu should sell. We have someone who is willing to buy the club and fully support it, however he does not wish to sell.

I just don't understand it. We are falling so fast and the people who control this club always come up with excuses to better their situation. If galliani says italian football is in trouble, it looks hypocritical if juve are spending so easily and inter are spending so easily as well. Furthermore, we are the only ones complaining about this situation.

No one is saying what Galliani is saying is wrong; yes italian football has problems; however, their comes a choice and if he can no longer invest in the club like every other owner such as morratti, then he must leave.

Silvio must go, just like our coach being here too long, there is such a thing as the president being here too long as well.
Bluesummers

Chelsea Deny Making A Bid For Kaka

Chelsea have issued a statement refuting the earlier reports that they had returned to AC Milan with a second record breaking bid of £73.5 million, as claimed by Sky Sports News this afternoon.

Instead, the Blues have denied making any such approach, adding another layer to the rumour and speculation surrounding what would be the transfer sensation of the summer.

Intriguingly, they also choose to mention that they have never discussed wages with the Brazilian, when earlier reports suggested that they were offering the player something approaching £10 million a year to become a Chelsea player.

The statement, on the club's official website, reads:

We have never made an offer to AC Milan for Kaka and therefore not one at this extraordinary level. As a consequence we have not discussed a salary with the player either. Any reports to the contrary are totally untrue.'

Quite where this now leaves Real Madrid, to whom the player was apparently definitely on his way, according to Spanish media reports yesterday, is unclear. Though they may now re-emerge as the clear favourite to land the Brazilian.

Observers will remember that a similar furore surrounded Kaka's proposed move to Manchester City in January, a move that was scuppered at the last minute, with none other than Italian Primer Minister Silvio Berlusconi intervening to prevent the move.

Bluesummers
Kaka, His Agent & Milan Have Agreed To World Record-Breaking Real Madrid Transfer - Sid Lowe

Madrid-based British journalist Sid Lowe has claimed that a deal is already in place which will see Kaka join Real Madrid from Milan for a world record-breaking fee this summer.

The Brazil international, it is claimed, could join los Blancos for a staggering €65 million (£56m), smashing the previous world record of €55m (£47.3m), held since 2001 when Zinedine Zidane moved from Juventus to the Santiago Bernabeu.

"The deal is in place," Lowe told Sky Sports News.

"There's an agreement between Real Madrid and AC Milan and of course between Real Madrid and the player, and perhaps just as importantly, Real Madrid and the father and agent, Bosco Leite, who was one of the stumbling blocks yesterday, because there was a bit of an argument over the size of his commission.

"What won't happen yet is for [the transfer] to be formally announced. AC Milan and Real Madrid have discussed this; they want it to be discussed at the back end of this week or early next week.

"It appears the figure is in the region of €64-65 million, although there are sources from the other side of the negotiations, with Chelsea trying to get involved, [suggesting] that the fee could actually be €9m-10m higher than that."

Asked how Florentino Perez might have progressed so well with the negotiations, Lowe replied, "In the first instance he has a very good relationship with [Milan vice president] Adriano Galliani.

"They met at at the offices of Florentino's company, ACS, in Madrid, and went through negotiations.

"During his last time at Real Madrid, [Perez] developed relationships with all the biggest clubs across Europe.

"The other factor is that he's running a club that players still want to go to, despite the fact Real Madrid have been slightly chaotic over the last five or six years."

Kaka recently released a statement affirming his desire to stay with the Rossoneri, but Lowe believes this was just a tactic to buy himself some breathing space.

"Nothing's really changed, what's changed is that we're now aware that Kaka was maybe trying to get himself peace," Lowe remarked.

"He didn't really care what he said, he just wanted to get people off his back.

"There was a very interesting comment from Jorge Valdano, the new director general of Real Madrid, saying, 'At this time of year, you have to be very, very careful what people say. Don't believe what people tell you, and by that I include myself as well.'"

Lowe also stated that the chances that Chelsea may steal in and take Kaka to Stamford Bridge are very slim.

"I think that's very unlikely," Lowe stated.

"My understanding is that not only are Real Madrid very confident the deal is almost done, but also privately that Chelsea have pretty much thrown in the towel.

"They believe that it's too late, they believe that Kaka wants to join Real Madrid not Chelsea, and they believe they won't get him.

"AC Milan are happy to sell, but they're not saying anything. Real Madrid are briefing that they think they've got him, and Chelsea are briefing that they haven't. Therefore, we have to assume that it's all done."

Lowe also stated that Kaka will not be the only Galactico to join los Merengues this summer.

"[Florentino Perez] will sign more players; he's very, very keen in adding more than one Galactico this year," Lowe said. "He wants to have two, maybe even three, and a series of Spanish stars as well. He's after David Villa and David Silva."

Asked where the funds will come from for the marquee signing, Lowe responded, "There isn't any money at Real Madrid. Most people are getting turned down [by the banks for money] but Real Madrid won't be."

Asked whether Cristiano Ronaldo will be on the list of potential signings, Lowe stated, "There's no doubt he will be.

"He's a player Real Madrid would like, he's a player Real Madrid believe would help them bring in the income they need. Florentino Perez believes that superstars are the best way to make money."

Lowe also revealed that he expects players to depart the Bernabeu this summer to raise transfer funds, most notably their clan of Dutch internationals.

"Even very good players, like Wesley Sneijder and Arjen Robben, are players Real Madrid would like to get rid of if they can find buyers," he explained.
Bluesummers

Brazil Refuse Kaka Permission To Fly To Madrid Presentation

It seems more and more sources are confirming Kaka's move to Real Madrid, even though no official news has been announced.

The AC Milan and Brazilian maestro is currently on international duty with the Selecao, preparing to take on Uruguay and Paraguay on June 6 and 11, while his move to the Merengues is reportedly being completed.

Should official news come through in the near future, the national team will not allow Kaka to be presented immediately.

A spokesperson from the Brazil team told Sky Sport 24, "Kaka cannot go back to Europe for the presentation with Real."

Rodrigo Paiva, a press officer involved with the team, also confirmed this afternoon that whatever happens, he will not be leaving Brazil.

"It is already settled. No matter what happens, Kaka will not return to Europe in the middle of training to be presented...Kaka prefers to be relaxed until the situation is resolved. He will speak later," AS quote him as saying.

According to the latest reports from the Spanish and Italian press, the player has given his approval to the move and the clubs have agreed a fee of €65 million for the former Sao Paulo player.

Kaka joined Milan in 2003, and has had plenty of success with the Rossoneri, winning a Champions League trophy and a Scudetto, while personally taking home the Ballon d'Or.
Bluesummers
AC MILAN, Berlusconi: "A lot of money is being offered to Kaka"

AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi said today: "I don't know if we will be able to keep Kaka anymore. One club in particular has offered him a lot of money. Anyway, I have not talked with Kaka, GM Galliani or our new coach Leonardo about this yet". " On Monday, I will talk with him and make a decision in favor of Milan's future. We have Ronaldinho who has played little because there were Kakà and Seedorf this season, so not all is lost."
Tennie
Where did all this stuff come from? crap.com?

EDIT: no matter the source, none of the stuff posted above provides any clear proof of a transfer. the only concrete thing is the Berlusconi soundbyte (more or less accurately translated, for a surprise) noting that he'll talk to Kaka on Monday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.