Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2019/2020 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Fillipo Simone
Next two???? I think tomorrow he'll be gone. He's lost 3, drawn 1 and won 2. That's a horrible record.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2019, 10:15 PM) *
Next two???? I think tomorrow he'll be gone. He's lost 3, drawn 1 and won 2. That's a horrible record.

Maldini said before the match that the club has total faith in Giampaolo.

Didn’t watch the game, but it’s yet another loss so who cares.
Fillipo Simone
Who cares about what?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 27 2019, 12:58 AM) *
Who cares about what?

About trying to analyze the game.
Fillipo Simone
There's no need for any analysis IMO. Giampaolo has to go; Maldini and Boban can't be sacked so the coach has to take responsibility.
X-Offender
Yeah, but in the meanwhile the club have just confirmed him again.
Danny
You know, I remember when Maldini got appointed - I can't say it thrilled me.

It seems to me he and Boban are presiding over a continuing decline in this club.

They've done nothing arrest the slide.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2019, 10:15 PM) *

Nah, they won't sack him right now, and I'm not even sure they will do it should we not win the next two.

Also, there are reports that Rino could be brought back, this is not what we need. We need a proper coach. And I love Rino, and think we would be doing better right now if we still had him as coach and didn't waste an entire pre-season trying out stuff we scrapped two match days in. But we need someone with experience and someone who's actually won something so he can try to bring in a different mindset into this team

Allegri and Mourinho are available. We already missed out on Conte, we need to say "screw it" and just pay them what they want. Enough with he cheap/inexperienced coaches.

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 28 2019, 01:25 AM) *
You know, I remember when Maldini got appointed - I can't say it thrilled me.

It seems to me he and Boban are presiding over a continuing decline in this club.

They've done nothing arrest the slide.

Actually I think they've made some shrewd decisions this summer, that could end up paying off big time. I'm mostly talking about Bennacer and Leao.

The Giampaolo choice was bad no doubt. But the test will be in how much time they waste before getting the balls to sack him
Fillipo Simone
Maldini and Boban will be judged at season end or even next season. They deserve time.

Giampaolo on the other hand does not. But Han, I think we have to be realistic. Like it or not Allgeri and Mourinho are IMO miles away (especially Mourinho who would tarnish his stellar status at Inter for a mid-table Milan) and the only realistic options I see are Spalletti and Ranieri. As I said - like it or not. I still think both would be a massive improvement compared to all 5 or 6 coaches we had in recent years.

One other thing. I think our team has to be changed substantially. Han or X-O, can't remember who, said it right. This team is just accustomed to mediocrity and is alright with not winning anything or moving forward. Look at Donnarumma. He talks about Milan playing the good against Torino (just like Giampaolo) while ending up defeated. Can you imagine Seedorf or Costacurta taking such a stance? After such a disastrous start? No, we have to make sacrifices and changes.

Milan rapidly fell to a mid-level club Lazio was in the late 00's and early 10's. As such IMO we have to take faster lanes and make more experiments. We tried Hakan, Rodriguez, Kessie, Conti, etc. They don't work? Sell and move on. Also, we have to buy cheaper. In order to achieve this we simply have to develop a much better scouting network.
Danny
You forget though Pippo, this Milan team is now below the level of the Torinos of this world.

It's not traditional Milan mentality to big up a performance v Torino, but then this isn't a traditional Milan.

This is a bottom 10 team and the players are thinking like that.

Sadly that's justified.
X-Offender
Don't know if it's better to lose this game so Giampaolo fucks off or not.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 28 2019, 07:43 PM) *
Maldini and Boban will be judged at season end or even next season. They deserve time.

Giampaolo on the other hand does not. But Han, I think we have to be realistic. Like it or not Allgeri and Mourinho are IMO miles away (especially Mourinho who would tarnish his stellar status at Inter for a mid-table Milan) and the only realistic options I see are Spalletti and Ranieri. As I said - like it or not. I still think both would be a massive improvement compared to all 5 or 6 coaches we had in recent years.

One other thing. I think our team has to be changed substantially. Han or X-O, can't remember who, said it right. This team is just accustomed to mediocrity and is alright with not winning anything or moving forward. Look at Donnarumma. He talks about Milan playing the good against Torino (just like Giampaolo) while ending up defeated. Can you imagine Seedorf or Costacurta taking such a stance? After such a disastrous start? No, we have to make sacrifices and changes.

Milan rapidly fell to a mid-level club Lazio was in the late 00's and early 10's. As such IMO we have to take faster lanes and make more experiments. We tried Hakan, Rodriguez, Kessie, Conti, etc. They don't work? Sell and move on. Also, we have to buy cheaper. In order to achieve this we simply have to develop a much better scouting network.

Agreed on all fronts.

Sadly, you're probably right about Mou, but if offered the right amount I think Allgeri could be persuaded

Spaletti would be a 3rd choice though. Ranieri I'm just not on board at all.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 29 2019, 08:32 PM) *
Don't know if it's better to lose this game so Giampaolo fucks off or not.

We'll lose and he still keeps his job. Mark this post
han2503
This is probably as bad as the Udine performance, so we're basically regressing at this point
William405
I thought we were playing good football.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 29 2019, 08:44 PM) *

Today? huh.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 29 2019, 08:44 PM) *

You're joking, right?
X-Offender
I just wanted to point out that both goals came from two lost balls from Calhanoglu.
han2503
Hakan with a hand in both goals today and the first one against Toro on Thursday

Yet he's still starting each game. And no comments from Giampaolo that he needs to be less Turkish rolleyes.gif
han2503
Calabria keeps fizzing the ball into the box and absolutely no one is making runs into the box

And this was the case when we had 11 men out there as well
han2503
Bennacer is having a mare tonight.

As I predicted the general mood of this squad will soon start affecting the new players as well

Theo and Bennacer already looking lackluster
X-Offender
If Giampaolo isn't sacked after tonight, I will be bewildered.
han2503
Leao goal.

Man, this kid should be starting instead of Piatek in the centre

han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 29 2019, 09:24 PM) *
If Giampaolo isn't sacked after tonight, I will be bewildered.

He's won't be. I'm 99.9% sure about this
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 29 2019, 11:11 PM) *
You're joking, right?

I meant to say that there was improvement in terms of ball movement and general team play. Of-course, lots of things still missing..but I thought the ideas were getting in the players heads.

But now..it’s just a catastrophe..
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 29 2019, 09:27 PM) *
I meant to say that there was improvement in terms of ball movement and general team play. Of-course, lots of things still missing..but I thought the ideas were getting in the players heads.

I thought this was one of there worst games I've seen in a long while, from the very start.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 29 2019, 11:25 PM) *
Leao goal.

Man, this kid should be starting instead of Piatek in the centre

He’s pretty good 😬😁
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 29 2019, 09:27 PM) *

Agreed. This was on par with the Udine game

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 29 2019, 09:30 PM) *
He’s pretty good 😬😁

Yes he is. Too bad he's playing with a bunch of players who don't deserve to be on the pitch and for a coach who has no idea what to do with him
X-Offender
Leao the only decent thing in another disastrous performance. This team has shut down, it doesn't play football anymore.

Giampaolo needs to go and many players need to be benched.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 29 2019, 09:42 PM) *
Leao the only decent thing in another disastrous performance. This team has shut down, it doesn't play football anymore.

Giampaolo needs to go and many players need to be benched.

Agreed

Sorry to keep beating this drum, but once again, it's the same old list of players

Suso, Hakan, Piatek and Kessie were all bad. And they just drag the rest of the team down with them

Kessie has no discipline or brains. That's a terrible combination

Hakan is just weak minded, he'll never be a player of value to us because he just can't cut it. And he knows it. 2 goals came directly from his mistakes plus the one against Toro. He's not even adding anything to the attacking front at this point, he just delays play by holding onto the ball too long and always making the predictable pass

Suso. What more can I say about him. He has talent no doubt, but again, always inconsistent, always predictable with his movements. Slows down the tempo of the game, rarely makes the swift pass required to keep play moving. He over-dribbles, over-shoots and over-crosses with very little accuracy. Look at what a winger who spent his entire career starting on the outside and cutting in did to us tonight, but with intelligence and finesse that Suso could only dream of having.

Piatek. He's just not up to speed right now. I get his struggles, and it's not easy always being the lone person in a box against 4 opposing players, but he at least has to do better when he does get the ball. His touch is off, he's too selfish with the ball and his passing isn't good either. Leao needs to take his spot in the middle imo

As for the rest. All made their fare share of mistakes. It's not just an individual problem, but the entire collective. We're slow, we have no off the ball movement, we're so painfully predictable and the individual mistakes and bad performances are only exacerbating this
han2503
Also, I just want to add that I 100% want Giampaolo out. But the players are part of the problem as well. Changing coaches isn't enough, these guys need to take a long hard look at themselves as well.

But someone who can coach the basics to them properly is needed for sure.

Spaletti is available just bring him in. At least he doesn't take BS and is fare more charismatic than the current zombie we have coaching us

That being said, I'm sure Giampaolo won't be sacked today
X-Offender
This is an individuals problem, this is a collective problem, this is a mentality problem. Everything's a problem. This team has forgotten how to play football, and is guided by a coach who has absolutely no idea what he's doing.

We need to sack Giampaolo ASAP, but I doubt that will change anything. These players need to be shaken up, they have to be reminded that they are earning millions and wearing a legendary shirt. This is not Sampdoria. This is not Empoli. This is AC Milan for crying out loud.
Fillipo Simone
I'm also sure Giampaolo won't go or be sacked. Which is yet another mistake.

The first and biggest responsibility lies on Maldini and Boban. As predicted, they did a terrible job during the summer. I a short period of a few months Fiorentina managed to advertise themselves as a ambitious "project" with good perspective and attract different kinds of players - and finally, Ribery. Milan on the other hand failed at the crucial targets (Correa, Veretout) and failed again in finding alternatives. The bad mix of players we tolerated last season and we knew reached their maximum was only weakened by the departure of players like Bakayoko or Abate (as a senator player), while Bennacer, Krunić and other such additions can and will do little in this dire position.

Giampaolo was a bad decision and they're now making it worse by prolonging the inevitable decision. By not sacking him after a row of defeats just shows you where Milan is right now. We've lost is completely, no winning mentality, no big club thinking, not even acting like a big club anymore.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 29 2019, 11:01 PM) *
The bad mix of players we tolerated last season and we knew reached their maximum was only weakened by the departure of players like Bakayoko or Abate (as a senator player), while Bennacer, Krunić and other such additions can and will do little in this dire position.

Sorry but I don't buy this. I completely agree that the team we had last season reached its absolute maximum, but to say we were weakened by the departures of Bakayoko and Abate of all people is a far reach.

The likes of Hernandez, Bennacer and Leao made us stronger than last season, but it's just not enough. We needed more, starting from the coach. I too fooled myself that Giampaolo was this great maestro (maybe because I remember Sacchi praising him some years ago), but in the end he turned out exactly what everyone else expected.

We needed a Mourinho, an Ancelotti, a Klopp, a Guardiola. Only a great coach can get the best out of this bunch of players, otherwise if we continue with the various Inzaghi, Montella and Giampaolo, we'll never ever go anywhere.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 30 2019, 02:01 AM) *
I'm also sure Giampaolo won't go or be sacked. Which is yet another mistake.

The first and biggest responsibility lies on Maldini and Boban. As predicted, they did a terrible job during the summer. I a short period of a few months Fiorentina managed to advertise themselves as a ambitious "project" with good perspective and attract different kinds of players - and finally, Ribery. Milan on the other hand failed at the crucial targets (Correa, Veretout) and failed again in finding alternatives. The bad mix of players we tolerated last season and we knew reached their maximum was only weakened by the departure of players like Bakayoko or Abate (as a senator player), while Bennacer, Krunić and other such additions can and will do little in this dire position.

Giampaolo was a bad decision and they're now making it worse by prolonging the inevitable decision. By not sacking him after a row of defeats just shows you where Milan is right now. We've lost is completely, no winning mentality, no big club thinking, not even acting like a big club anymore.

Yes sir, Maldini and Boban were legends on the pitch, but as directors they did a piss poor job. The coach, the team and the philosophy on the pitch was down to the directors.

There is a lot of room for improvement, but not enough time or tolerance at Milan. These guys need to exit Milan as soon as possible.

The sooner they hand in their resignations the better. I like to remember the days they played for the club, not the days they made bad decisions on behalf of the club.

Such bullshit.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 30 2019, 01:33 AM) *
Sorry but I don't buy this. I completely agree that the team we had last season reached its absolute maximum, but to say we were weakened by the departures of Bakayoko and Abate of all people is a far reach.

The likes of Hernandez, Bennacer and Leao made us stronger than last season, but it's just not enough. We needed more, starting from the coach. I too fooled myself that Giampaolo was this great maestro (maybe because I remember Sacchi praising him some years ago), but in the end he turned out exactly what everyone else expected.

We needed a Mourinho, an Ancelotti, a Klopp, a Guardiola. Only a great coach can get the best out of this bunch of players, otherwise if we continue with the various Inzaghi, Montella and Giampaolo, we'll never ever go anywhere.

Abate I said why. Not because of his contribution (which was great, even as CB) but because he was the last player in a locker room who had experience playing with WC players and who won us a scudetto. We lack that kind of experience right now very much.

Bakayoko was problematic to say at least because of his behavior and stupidity, but all in all he was a crucial player - no one else knows to takle and intercept passes like him in our team and he provided the needed stability in our system Kessie was unable to do.

For the last time, Hernandez, Benacer and Leao are good buys at best but in a dire position of limited quality and restrained resources these three additions add up to nothing because they haven't got the experience nor the posture to become more relevant in terms of our team. Case in point yesterday - when Bennacer played a absolutely horrible game from minute one and Hernandez looked like a faster Rodriguez twin. Few weeks and they just blended in. And that's normal for youngsters who played for Empoli or Sociedad before to do. What we needed much more is a Ribery character in our team, someone who has the prestige and status to turn the mentality around, not adding more inexperience and more question marks to an already overloaded baby team with zero ambition.

Mentioning Mourinho, Carletto and Guardiola is a pipe dream. Not a single one of them would ruin their run (maybe Carletto) to come to Milan. We need to make a reality check. Bringing in Spalletti or even Ranieri would be a huge improvement and our absolute maximum at this point.

Reading the news of today just confirms what we already know - names being mentioned: Rudi Garcia, Claudio Ranieri and Andriy Schevchenko.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 30 2019, 08:19 AM) *
Yes sir, Maldini and Boban were legends on the pitch, but as directors they did a piss poor job. The coach, the team and the philosophy on the pitch was down to the directors.

There is a lot of room for improvement, but not enough time or tolerance at Milan. These guys need to exit Milan as soon as possible.

The sooner they hand in their resignations the better. I like to remember the days they played for the club, not the days they made bad decisions on behalf of the club.

Such bullshit.

I don't think they necessarily have to be sacrificed. Switching Leonardo with Boban was a big mistake. Gazidis is also IMO very much responsible. IMO we should keep Maldini and Boban because they are both inexperienced and deserve a second chance under the conditions they work. What we need is another person with more experience. If only we could get Braida for that part.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 30 2019, 01:33 AM) *

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore Arrigo Sacchi. He is my number 1 coach. But haven't you noticed that usually all his media comments turn out the exact opposite of what he said/advocated? He's a terrible pundit.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 30 2019, 09:31 AM) *
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore Arrigo Sacchi. He is my number 1 coach. But haven't you noticed that usually all his media comments turn out the exact opposite of what he said/advocated? He's a terrible pundit.

True, very true.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 30 2019, 09:29 AM) *
Abate I said why. Not because of his contribution (which was great, even as CB) but because he was the last player in a locker room who had experience playing with WC players and who won us a scudetto. We lack that kind of experience right now very much.

Bakayoko was problematic to say at least because of his behavior and stupidity, but all in all he was a crucial player - no one else knows to takle and intercept passes like him in our team and he provided the needed stability in our system Kessie was unable to do.

For the last time, Hernandez, Benacer and Leao are good buys at best but in a dire position of limited quality and restrained resources these three additions add up to nothing because they haven't got the experience nor the posture to become more relevant in terms of our team. Case in point yesterday - when Bennacer played a absolutely horrible game from minute one and Hernandez looked like a faster Rodriguez twin. Few weeks and they just blended in. And that's normal for youngsters who played for Empoli or Sociedad before to do. What we needed much more is a Ribery character in our team, someone who has the prestige and status to turn the mentality around, not adding more inexperience and more question marks to an already overloaded baby team with zero ambition.

Mentioning Mourinho, Carletto and Guardiola is a pipe dream. Not a single one of them would ruin their run (maybe Carletto) to come to Milan. We need to make a reality check. Bringing in Spalletti or even Ranieri would be a huge improvement and our absolute maximum at this point.

Reading the news of today just confirms what we already know - names being mentioned: Rudi Garcia, Claudio Ranieri and Andriy Schevchenko.

I don't think they necessarily have to be sacrificed. Switching Leonardo with Boban was a big mistake. Gazidis is also IMO very much responsible. IMO we should keep Maldini and Boban because they are both inexperienced and deserve a second chance under the conditions they work. What we need is another person with more experience. If only we could get Braida for that part.

Everyone is horrible right now, no-one can save themselves. Even Donnarumma who saved the penalty last night was responsibile against Torino. Bennacer and Hernandez are just part of the herd at this point. They're good players, but they're not Pirlo and Serginho who can make the difference.
Fillipo Simone
Yes, and this is the thing. Last season we had many deficiencies. We had two possible solution: either start from scratch and build a new team with 5-6 new starters in and many of last years starters sold or try to patch up the most urgent deficiencies. We decided for the patch-work, mostly because of financial restraints. But then we needed to bring in difference makers, at least one. And not more babies.
X-Offender
The Rebic signing thus far has proved to be a failure. Giampaolo doesn't even consider him. It's very clear he was just a panic buy in typical Galliani fashion on the last day.

We should hire a new coach, someone with experience and charisma. And play the 4-2-3-1 formation I proposed some time ago. It's the only way to salvage this season.
Fillipo Simone
I think this season is already down the drain. What's there to salvage? Again get 5th or 6th spot and then forfeit once again? Meh, ridiculous.
X-Offender
The first 3 CL spots are already secured by Juve, Inter and Napoli. There's the 4th spot between Atalanta, Roma, Lazio and us.

If we get our heads right, we can make it. But that starts with sacking Giampaolo, hiring a capable coach and playing the best formation possible.
Fillipo Simone
Won't happen. All mentioned bar Atalanta are much better then we are at this point.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 30 2019, 12:29 PM) *

So we fire Gazidis and keep Maldini and Boban?

Don't think Braida would be enough my friend.

On our chances for CL... Please let us stick to where the club is at right now, hovering above the relegation zone. EL seems a decent target, if the team manages to climb out of their arses and administer a comeback that is.

Before the season started I was convinced we'd be challenging. But now I'm convinced the club has no structure, just names (Maldini, Boban), a history almost covered in a foot of dust and an inclination to prove that the Galliani management was far superior (yes even in the dying years).

Oh how times have changed, this club used to be respected by its own players before its opponents. Nowadays the opponents respects the club before its players. Such a shame it has come down to this.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 30 2019, 05:56 PM) *
So we fire Gazidis and keep Maldini and Boban?

Don't think Braida would be enough my friend.

On our chances for CL... Please let us stick to where the club is at right now, hovering above the relegation zone. EL seems a decent target, if the team manages to climb out of their arses and administer a comeback that is.

Before the season started I was convinced we'd be challenging. But now I'm convinced the club has no structure, just names (Maldini, Boban), a history almost covered in a foot of dust and an inclination to prove that the Galliani management was far superior (yes even in the dying years).

Oh how times have changed, this club used to be respected by its own players before its opponents. Nowadays the opponents respects the club before its players. Such a shame it has come down to this.

No, that was not what I meant. But out of the three Gazidis is the one with experience and he's the expensive acquisition. And right now his rule of signing youngsters and talents isn't exactly helping, especially in Serie A.

Why would anyone be motivated to target EL after this seasons decision to forfeit our spot? The same will probably happen next year as well.

Oh and don't get me even started on how superior the Galliani management was. Don't you see that this is exactly how we got here in the first place? Sorry, Milan becoming the club of today must be one of the biggest falls in football history for sure. In the last 20 years, perhaps even more.
Fillipo Simone
I see we're getting linked with Wenger again, but I don't know if it's just media BS or something real.
X-Offender
Galliani's short-sightedness brought us in this mess. He's the main culprit for wasting club funds on useless players, extending inflated contracts to declining players, and not coming up with a business plan that would keep us strong in the medium to long run. I'm marvelled that there are people who still defend that buffoon.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 1 2019, 02:54 PM) *
I see we're getting linked with Wenger again, but I don't know if it's just media BS or something real.

Probably just media BS. Other names being mentioned are Shevchenko (are we gonna ruin relations with another loegend?) and Ruudi Garcia (my choice).

Spalletti said last night on an Italian TV show that he has no interest in Milan right now as he's still under contract with Inter.
Fillipo Simone
And we have no money to pay his salary sad.gif
Danny
I'm sorry, but 2012's decision to sell and release our entire squad is why we're in this mess now.

It's not any more complicated. I said back in 2011 we needed to consolidate our Scudetto with some serious signings. Instead we got SAS and Mexes. It's just been degradation since then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.