Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2019/2020 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 1 2019, 03:59 PM) *
So, I didn't watch the game last night, but I watched the highlights. We created a lot, should have scored another two IMO.

Meh, I wouldn't say that we created a lot. The 2 chances Piatek had were incredibly unlucky not to go in, but overall it was a very patchy performance, with a lot of needless possession being kept between the defenders
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 1 2019, 04:59 PM) *
Meh, I wouldn't say that we created a lot. The 2 chances Piatek had were incredibly unlucky not to go in, but overall it was a very patchy performance, with a lot of needless possession being kept between the defenders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM4plVjTRDY

0:57
2:01
2:15
2:30
2:59
3:10

Those are clear chances.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 1 2019, 07:36 PM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM4plVjTRDY

0:57
2:01
2:15
2:30
2:59
3:10

Those are clear chances.

Considering all the possession we had that's not a lot. most of our chances came from long shots or set pieces. I expect more than that, we still play like we did last season, Giampaolo was supposed to bring in a more tactically diverse way of playing and so far I don't really see that
Fillipo Simone
Also, most of our chances came when Brescia fell apart. But then there was this typical period of lethargic passing around and playing with no intention of (really) attacking or threatening the opposition that happened last year under Gattuso as well.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 1 2019, 10:29 PM) *
But then there was this typical period of lethargic passing around and playing with no intention of (really) attacking or threatening the opposition that happened last year under Gattuso as well.

I know what you mean.
X-Offender
Bennacer vs Brescia

That's exactly what we lacked in an anchor. Order, precision, quick thinking, simplicity. Great signing.

I think in Bennacer, Paqueta and Suso we have three very, very good players that bring a lot of quality to the table. It's just the rest of the squad that isn't up to par. Guys like Rodriguez, Kessie, Hakan, Piatek etc. are very lacking. Don't make me even talk about the likes of Borini and Castillejo.
X-Offender
Probable line-up vs Verona (Mediaset):

Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Bennacer, Kessie; Calhanoglu; Suso, Castillejo, Piatek.

Someone remind me why we signed Duarte, Hernandez, Krunic, Rebic and Leao please. Also, someone explain to me why the f*ck that useless dud of Castillejo keeps starting games.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 13 2019, 06:53 PM) *
Probable line-up vs Verona (Mediaset):

Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Bennacer, Kessie; Calhanoglu; Suso, Castillejo, Piatek.

Someone remind me why we signed Duarte, Hernandez, Krunic, Rebic and Leao please. Also, someone explain to me why the f*ck that useless dud of Castillejo keeps starting games.

This Castillejo business is getting really old. He's not an SS and GP needs to stop playing him!

I understand the Hernandez situation as he's just come back from injury

And not playing Paqueta?? FFS man! If we have any chance of success, our best players need to be starting.

Paqueta should be starting as an AM. Suso could easily slot into the SS role starting from a wider position
X-Offender
It doesn't matter whether Castillejo can play as SS or not. He's just a terrible player all around. I'd rather play Borini instead, and that's saying a lot.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 14 2019, 08:48 PM) *
It doesn't matter whether Castillejo can play as SS or not. He's just a terrible player all around. I'd rather play Borini instead, and that's saying a lot.

Agreed, but he's at least usable on the wings if the need arises. But as a striker, he's a ghost.

Borini would probably pull off the SS position just fine. Wasn't attack where he played in his Roma days?
William405
I really think we did a bad choice with the coach here.
Danny
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 15 2019, 11:33 AM) *
I really think we did a bad choice with the coach here.

Why do you think I rarely come on here now.
Fillipo Simone
Gazzetta

Anyone seen this?

It's incredible how we always make the same mistakes (yet we are better off then before). Next summer we can expect yet another circus with Donnarumma's contract starting which could easily mean he will be sold for a considerable fee.

But look at the great job Lazio has done. Immobile, Milinković-Savić, Alberto, Parolo - all earn 2,5M or less. And then look at Milan, Donnarumma earns more then Insigne or Dzeko, Borini earns 2,5, Biglia 3,5, etc. Way too much for "rotational" players.
X-Offender
Biglia starting.

0 new players starting.

Giampaolo really wants to be hated.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 15 2019, 05:25 PM) *
Gazzetta

Anyone seen this?

It's incredible how we always make the same mistakes (yet we are better off then before). Next summer we can expect yet another circus with Donnarumma's contract starting which could easily mean he will be sold for a considerable fee.

But look at the great job Lazio has done. Immobile, Milinković-Savić, Alberto, Parolo - all earn 2,5M or less. And then look at Milan, Donnarumma earns more then Insigne or Dzeko, Borini earns 2,5, Biglia 3,5, etc. Way too much for "rotational" players.

True. I think we improved our salary cap for sure. But, the way salaries are provided doesn't make sense at all. Why are our rotational players getting paid more than our starters? It doesn't make sense.

Again, I think we're improving in that department. And, the total salary cap is not far from being where it needs to be.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 15 2019, 09:10 PM) *
Biglia starting.

0 new players starting.

Giampaolo really wants to be hated.

Impressive. Biglia over Bennacer pisses me off. Anyway, let's hope for the best.
X-Offender
Can't even take a shot at goal against a 10-man Verona.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 15 2019, 03:25 PM) *
Gazzetta

Anyone seen this?

Mirabelli's doing for the entirety of this.

We only just offloaded the last of Galliani's bad decisions this summer. So it will take time before we can actually do the same with this crop

At least we didn't hand out any obscene contracts this summer

And is it any surprise that the worst on the pitch so far have been Biglia, Rodriguez and Hakan?
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 15 2019, 10:35 PM) *

Absolutely disgraceful first half. Nothing else to say.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 15 2019, 08:35 PM) *

Just lethargic and all-round bad

We keep passing the ball horizontally in front of a wall of Verona players. There's no quickness or incisiveness.

How do we expect to break them down with everyone basically standing still?

Honestly. I really thought that if nothing else, Giampaolo would instill the basic fundamental concept of pass and move that was lacking under Rino. But not even tat is happening, everyone is just static.

The fullbacks don't even make any overlaps and we never widen the play to stretch out the opposing team.

These are all very worrying signs atm.
X-Offender
Hakan and Rodriguez are the worst on the pitch by default. But Biglia sleep-walking there along with them certainly doesn't help.

Meanwhile we have guys like Hernandez, Bennacer, Rebic and Leao warming the bench. What a swell guy this Giampaolo is. king.gif
Fillipo Simone
Guys am I in some kind of nightmarish trance? Am I overreacting?

I've been watching Milan for 25 years. Considering our opposition, I'm thinking this may be the worst start I've ever seen. Not result-wise. But we play like every goddamn simple thing is a chore of galactic proportions. Every attack, every cross or shot. I'm really appalled what I've seen so far.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 15 2019, 08:42 PM) *

I've been watching Milan for 25 years. Considering our opposition, I'm thinking this may be the worst start I've ever seen. Not result-wise. But we play like every goddamn simple thing is a chore of galactic proportions. Every attack, every cross or shot. I'm really appalled what I've seen so far.

There with you. Those horizontal passes back and forth are just unbearable.
CrazyMilanFan
So it seems good that I missed the first half
CrazyMilanFan
Oit coach is going to screw up Paqueta.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 15 2019, 09:50 PM) *
Our coach is going to screw up Paqueta.

han2503
How do you take off Paqueta and leave Hakan on FFS?
han2503
I think we need to start a pool.

How long do you think Giampaolo will last?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 15 2019, 08:42 PM) *

You're not.

GP is making me wish for Rino to come back
han2503
Rodriguez...

Rebic is making runs directly in front of him, he ignores him and just passes back centrally! I want to pull my hair out FFS
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 15 2019, 10:56 PM) *
You're not.

GP is making me wish for Rino to come back

I think that's the best solution. That Gattuso comes back.
X-Offender
Rebic WTF laugh.gif
CrazyMilanFan
Rebic what a miss
CrazyMilanFan
Off the bar calabria..
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 15 2019, 09:58 PM) *
Rodriguez...

Rebic is making runs directly in front of him, he ignores him and just passes back centrally! I want to pull my hair out FFS

That basically sums him up
X-Offender
How can you spend 2 months in preparation and yet your team plays so bad?
CrazyMilanFan
PK
han2503
I feel like this is going to be missed
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 15 2019, 10:09 PM) *
I feel like this is going to be missed

Hope not man
CrazyMilanFan
Goal
X-Offender
I swear, our short corners are the worst thing ever.
CrazyMilanFan
Where is bonaventura?
CrazyMilanFan
Not a goal
CrazyMilanFan
Wonderful
CrazyMilanFan
Can the ref also send RR off for derby
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 15 2019, 09:40 PM) *
Can the ref also send RR off for derby

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
CrazyMilanFan
Somehow 3 points. One sub only so expected a very similar lineup next week
han2503
Another 3 points

Once again, not deserved. Some of the worst football I've seen in a while from this team, and disgraceful conduct at the end to boot

The derby is next week. We haven't won that fixture in a while now and I don't anticipate that trend to change anytime soon, I'm mostly worried about getting a good hiding at this point considering how we're playing
Fillipo Simone
Giampaolo has to go. He's a complete amateur. I'm sure Parma, Sampdoria, Crotone or Palermo will soon be in need of a new coach.
X-Offender
What an abysmal performance. No words to describe how clueless and sloppy this team is. Reminds me of how we used to play football when I was a kid, just kicking the ball without knowing what to do with it. Giampaolo has been a huge disappointment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.