Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2019/2020 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
CrazyMilanFan
Good win. 2-0 FT
han2503
Hey all. Hope you're all doing well and nice to see people logging in and commenting.

And nice to see us get a win as well biggrin.gif
X-Offender
Second half was better, but I think it was mostly because Roma kind of shut down and let us play. Both goals were kind of fortuitous, we didn't really create that much or play any decent football.

Whether we get that EL spot or not, this season is already over. We need Pioli to leave, and hope that Ragnick has some semblance of an idea of how to make this team play football. And hopefully we make a few decent signings as well.

Cos as we are right now, it's no different from any season of the last 7-8 years.
X-Offender
A few remarks about some players.

Bennacer - Overall neat performance but I think he suffers a lot from having a bunch of morons around him, which makes him kind of insecure when playing with the ball.

Kessie - Remember when we used to call Rino the least technically gifted player in Ancelotti's Milan? Kessie makes him look like Xavi in comparison. We need to get rid of this guy ASAP. He's just a younger version of Muntari.

Castillejo - I appreciate sometimes his effort, but the guy is just mediocre. He can't be starting games for us.

Calhanoglu - Got on my nerves today. Looked very half-arsed, and wasted a lot of good counterattacks. Sometimes he performs decently like against Lecce, sometimes he plays like belongs in a Serie B team. Undependable.

Rebic - Really like this guy. Not just for the effort, but he also tries difficult things very often and doesn't limit himself to the simple pass. Plus I think he's pretty good with the ball. And he's scoring, a lot.

Leao - Pure garbage. He looks like he's playing street football with his friends every time he comes in. He has very shaky balance and looks like he's made of paper. Doesn't feel the stakes of the game. Niang 2.0.
Danny
The Bennacer thing is all I've ever seen. It's why I don't rate him.

X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 30 2020, 12:11 PM) *
The Bennacer thing is all I've ever seen. It's why I don't rate him.

Yes, I know. But I think he's very good in that position. However, if your team doesn't support you, then it's difficult to excel for a player of his type. He needs movement and intelligent players around him, not lazyass morons.
CrazyMilanFan
What are the expectations from next 4 games, spal hopefully we can win then lazio, juve Napoli i believe. We have nothing to lose I just hope we try to be positive going into these games abd Spal win is a must
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 30 2020, 12:25 PM) *
Yes, I know. But I think he's very good in that position. However, if your team doesn't support you, then it's difficult to excel for a player of his type. He needs movement and intelligent players around him, not lazyass morons.

It's curious, you smear other players for the same thing but suggest they're just rubbish, but in his case you blame his team mates?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 30 2020, 03:59 PM) *
It's curious, you smear other players for the same thing but suggest they're just rubbish, but in his case you blame his team mates?

Cos I know exactly how good every single one of our players is.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 30 2020, 08:44 PM) *
Cos I know exactly how good every single one of our players is.

Demonstrate.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 1 2020, 02:25 PM) *
Demonstrate.

Doesn't the pitch do that already?
X-Offender
2-2 FT

Shocking. I realise that both their goals were lucky, but to be held at a tie against the worst side of the league with one man up for 60 minutes is absolutely appalling.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 1 2020, 10:54 PM) *
held at a tie against the worst side of the league

Tell me about it, bad day at the office for SPAL.
William405
We're up 2-0 against Lazio biggrin.gif

This Saelmakers kid is pretty good!
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 4 2020, 09:36 PM) *
This Saelmakers kid is pretty good!

He looks pretty mediocre to me. But that's partly not his fault. Pioli plays him in attack. It's the same as if we played Abate there.
han2503
Pretty good considering the sh!tshow against SPAL. Or Lazio are having an off day... Can't really tell
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 4 2020, 09:48 PM) *
He looks pretty mediocre to me. But that's partly not his fault. Pioli plays him in attack. It's the same as if we played Abate there.

I actually think he's decent considering the non-existent expectations we all had for him when he came, I think he's putting in a few good shifts
CrazyMilanFan
wow we are 3-0 up
CrazyMilanFan
what a miss should have been 4 after making such a good run and move
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 4 2020, 10:25 PM) *
what a miss should have been 4 after making such a good run and move

Theo only scores amazing goals it seems
CrazyMilanFan
FT 3-0 and heard the commentator saying first home defeat for lazio this season
William405
Good performance
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 4 2020, 10:07 PM) *
Pretty good considering the sh!tshow against SPAL. Or Lazio are having an off day... Can't really tell

Really? I thought it was clear as day that Lazio were completely inexistent tonight. They were even worse than SPAL.

I have to say, despite the three goals, the mistakes our players make when attacking sometimes are mind-boggling. It's like they forget they're professional footballers and are playing on the beach or something. And I'm not talking about Hernandez's insane miss (who, despite that, was really good tonight). I refer to many instances when the pass is so wrong it almost makes it seem intentional.
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 4 2020, 10:08 PM) *
I actually think he's decent considering the non-existent expectations we all had for him when he came, I think he's putting in a few good shifts

He's decent in that he's not terrible. I call that average. He's not great team material.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 4 2020, 10:44 PM) *
Really? I thought it was clear as day that Lazio were completely inexistent tonight. They were even worse than SPAL.

Meh, I can't always tell with this team, it's like we'e Jekyll and Hyde. Honestly, when I looked at our fixtures starting from the Roma game, the only 3 points I would have bet money on in the 5 games starting with Roma would have been SPAL, so go figure that we lose points in just that one so far.

I have to say, despite the three goals, the mistakes our players make when attacking sometimes are mind-boggling. It's like they forget they're professional footballers and are playing on the beach or something. And I'm not talking about Hernandez's insane miss (who, despite that, was really good tonight). I refer to many instances when the pass is so wrong it almost makes it seem intentional.

Agreed 100%. Kessie for me is the chief culprit of such moments, but the others are guilty as well

He's decent in that he's not terrible. I call that average. He's not great team material.

That's what I was implying. He's doing the job adequately imo considering we don't really have many options to go with, especially with Samu also injured now
han2503
Anyway, it feels good taking the scalp off both Roman teams within a few days.

Too bad about those 2 points against SPAL, we'd be in a better position going into the Juve game had we not botched it on Wednesday
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 5 2020, 12:44 AM) *

Yes the passing was pissing me off at some points. I'm thinking mostly of kessie and paqueta

NB I really like Simon with Roma in the back
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 4 2020, 10:51 PM) *
Meh, I can't always tell with this team, it's like we'e Jekyll and Hyde. Honestly, when I looked at our fixtures starting from the Roma game, the only 3 points I would have bet money on in the 5 games starting with Roma would have been SPAL, so go figure that we lose points in just that one so far.

I think it's a strange moment in the league. All clubs are coming from three months of total inactivity, fatigue becomes very evident. Not to mention the heat can also be detrimental. The empty stadiums almost make it seem like training sessions sometimes.

Agreed 100%. Kessie for me is the chief culprit of such moments, but the others are guilty as well

More than Kessie tonight, I'd say the attacking four.

That's what I was implying. He's doing the job adequately imo considering we don't really have many options to go with, especially with Samu also injured now

I would have played Hakan and Paqueta on the sides with Rebic and Ibra in attack. Like we were playing before the break. I'd never start Bonaventura.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 4 2020, 11:25 PM) *
I think it's a strange moment in the league. All clubs are coming from three months of total inactivity, fatigue becomes very evident. Not to mention the heat can also be detrimental. The empty stadiums almost make it seem like training sessions sometimes.

More than Kessie tonight, I'd say the attacking four.

I would have played Hakan and Paqueta on the sides with Rebic and Ibra in attack. Like we were playing before the break. I'd never start Bonaventura.

Agreed re the games feeling like training, or early summer friendlies. It has to feel that way for the players as well which would probably make it difficult to get high intensity performances. That being said, this is usually a problem for us even without 3 months of quarantine. We tend to switch off in one game, play well in another, rinse repeat

Agreed about the front 4, but Kessie is usually the most frustrating one for me, not just in this game. The bad passing decisions in attack is why we rarely score off counters

I think Pioli is trying to rotate as much as he can to keep everyone fresh, especially considering the heat, inactivity and the insane schedule the players have to contend with during this next month to try to close out the season. The decision to not play Rebic with Ibra I think mostly has to do with looking ahead to having to play Juve and Napoli within the next 6 days
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 5 2020, 04:25 PM) *
Agreed about the front 4, but Kessie is usually the most frustrating one for me, not just in this game. The bad passing decisions in attack is why we rarely score off counters

Look, I've been one of Kessie's fiercest critics around here, and he did screw up many attacks when he was played as mezz'ala. But ever since he's been playing in the double pivot he's been less involved in our attacking play, and hence his passing has also improved a bit.

Yesterday he actually made 49 passes, with a 96% pass accuracy.

He still doesn't convince me, and I think we should replace him, but let's not criticise him for things that are not his fault. Ibra, Rebic, Hakan, Paqueta, Bonaventura and Sale-maker made many errors last night, and they're supposed to be our most technically gifted players.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 5 2020, 04:25 PM) *
I think Pioli is trying to rotate as much as he can to keep everyone fresh, especially considering the heat, inactivity and the insane schedule the players have to contend with during this next month to try to close out the season. The decision to not play Rebic with Ibra I think mostly has to do with looking ahead to having to play Juve and Napoli within the next 6 days

I actually think he just prefers Sale-maker and Bonaventura now. He wants to be cautious.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 5 2020, 07:01 PM) *

If this is bait it's good. Real good wink.gif
X-Offender
Donnarumma; Conti, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Kessie, Bennacer; Sale-maker, Paqueta, Rebic; Ibrahimovic.

Aside from Sale-maker possibly our best line-up.
X-Offender
Kinda sad there's Milan-Juve and the forum is dead...
Danny
Had no idea we were playing tonight.

EDIT looks like I've missed a lot...
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 7 2020, 08:28 PM) *
Donnarumma; Conti, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Kessie, Bennacer; Sale-maker, Paqueta, Rebic; Ibrahimovic.

Aside from Sale-maker possibly our best line-up.

You kidding, no Montolivo?
CrazyMilanFan
4 2 man now.. What horrible defending though for thr 4th goal. Just tuned in now
William405
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 8 2020, 12:29 AM) *
4 2 man now.. What horrible defending though for thr 4th goal. Just tuned in now

Who cares, we won!!!

Forza Milannn
CrazyMilanFan
Ft 4-2 win against juve after being 2-0 down.

Quite incredible results. Spal we drew in this run, i think Napoli next. Poili is definitely giving our board headache
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (William405 @ Jul 7 2020, 11:46 PM) *
Who cares, we won!!!

Forza Milannn

True that!
X-Offender
What a turnaround!

We were so lacklustre throughout the entire night, but somehow after that penalty a spark ignited and we pushed like crazy. Kessie had one hell of a second half, he deserved that goal. But Bennacer man, what a game he had! Never seen someone so dominating in our midfield in a long while.

Great win. Finally beat those ladri di merda.
Danny
Typical. I need to start adding reminders to my phone for when we're playing. I've missed the last three.
Danny

This wasn't bait!?
Rossoneri7
Is it just me or does it seem this Milan team, Pioli and Zlatan are a good match?

Oh well, next season start all over again 96.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 8 2020, 08:49 PM) *
This wasn't bait!?

Nope.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 8 2020, 09:22 PM) *
Nope.

Ah I get it, you ignore facts and stats when they don't fit your argument. When they back you up, that's when you pay attention.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 8 2020, 09:55 PM) *
Ah I get it, you ignore facts and stats when they don't fit your argument. When they back you up, that's when you pay attention.

What are you even talking about?
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 8 2020, 10:19 PM) *
What are you even talking about?

You rejected my use of stats when I was making claims about various things, saying you don't pay attention to those and only focus on opinion.

But now you're using them to back up your opinion on Kessie?
X-Offender
I used that stat to back up a very specific argument: passing accuracy. Because we were talking about wrong passing from our players.

I didn't say "Oh, Kessie had a 96% passing accuracy so he had a great game". That's the kind of stats reliance I'm against. There's a huge, huge difference.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 9 2020, 12:46 PM) *
I used that stat to back up a very specific argument: passing accuracy. Because we were talking about wrong passing from our players.

I didn't say "Oh, Kessie had a 96% passing accuracy so he had a great game". That's the kind of stats reliance I'm against. There's a huge, huge difference.

Your original claim was you didn't use stats. Now you're claiming you use stats for very specific things.

What EXACTLY is your definition of stats?!

Pretty sure the point of stats is for precise measurement - which is all I ever used them for, and you ignored that and told me you weren't interested.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 9 2020, 02:18 PM) *
Your original claim was you didn't use stats. Now you're claiming you use stats for very specific things.

What EXACTLY is your definition of stats?!

Pretty sure the point of stats is for precise measurement - which is all I ever used them for, and you ignored that and told me you weren't interested.

Oh man, seriously? I just said that I used those stats "to back up a specific argument: passing accuracy". What did you use stats for? I can't remember the argument.
han2503
Look, I've been one of Kessie's fiercest critics around here, and he did screw up many attacks when he was played as mezz'ala. But ever since he's been playing in the double pivot he's been less involved in our attacking play, and hence his passing has also improved a bit.

He still doesn't convince me, and I think we should replace him, but let's not criticise him for things that are not his fault. Ibra, Rebic, Hakan, Paqueta, Bonaventura and Sale-maker made many errors last night, and they're supposed to be our most technically gifted players.

I actually think he just prefers Sale-maker and Bonaventura now. He wants to be cautious.

I'm not disregarding Kessie's other qualities, he's been playing well since the restart, but for as long as he's been with this team, his decision making has been one of his biggest weaknesses. I'm not just talking about that game in particular

As for Pioli, I don't think he prefers Bona and Salemakers, ahead of Ibra and Rebic. Ibra is our driving force while Rebic is stone cold. We need both, but they both have to be rotated due to Ibra's age and Rebic's playing style, which probably takes a lot out of him due to the energy he expands in each game

A side note, what a game against Juve, I was this close to switching off due to the time and having to wake up early the following morning and was pretty sure it was all over as soon a CR7 scored. What a turnaround though.

Quick mentions.

Bennacer, has been imo one of our best signings last summer, what a player he's turned out to be for us.

Hakan has been great as well. Ever since the restart he's been a completely different player to the guy we've had for these past couple of years. I really would have to pin this on the Ibra effect

Kjear as well has been top notch, I hope we sign him. He'd be a great rotation option next season if we manage to finally get Romagnoli a proper partner
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.