Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2019/2020 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 10 2019, 10:29 PM) *
Retract Hakan and play Rebic on the left.

Bonaventura is worse than Montolivo right now.

There's something off with Rebic though. Both coaches we've had have seemingly sidelines him for some reason...
han2503
As usual, luck was not on our side tonight. We did not deserve to lose this, but encouraging signs tonight, nonetheless
han2503
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 10 2019, 10:31 PM) *
There's something off with Rebic though. Both coaches we've had have seemingly sidelines him for some reason...

This is not to say I don't agree with you x-off. Bona is clearly past it at this point, and should not be on the pitch against Juve
X-Offender
Then why keep Kessie out? He was not injured and the decision was purely technical. Makes no sense. We're not in a position to be having such luxuries right now.

It's true we did not deserve to lose, but I called it. We don't have the mental strength to hold onto these games. Eventually we concede.

And also it's true we've seen improvements under Pioli, but goodness gracious how fucking awful are in attack? So many mistakes. That remains to be our biggest issue right now.
William405
Oh man. I don't know what to say. We have some really good elements in the team, but luck has not been on our side..

It's a shame..really.

Bonaventura's career seems to be over imo...we shouldn't count him as an asset anymore.

Paqueta was brilliant today, with Bennacer..
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 11 2019, 12:38 AM) *
Then why keep Kessie out? He was not injured and the decision was purely technical. Makes no sense. We're not in a position to be having such luxuries right now.

It's true we did not deserve to lose, but I called it. We don't have the mental strength to hold onto these games. Eventually we concede.

And also it's true we've seen improvements under Pioli, but goodness gracious how fucking awful are in attack? So many mistakes. That remains to be our biggest issue right now.

True..you called it. :/

Hakan and Suso is not going to work as wings..We need to find something else.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 10 2019, 10:38 PM) *

It wasn't purely technical, it was disciplinary as well. He was late to training.

Yes, I said as well that we'd concede in the last few minutes, because this kind of game has become textbook Milan. But, you have to appreciate that Juve took off Ronaldo and Bernardeschi and brought on Dybala and Costa. There's only so much our players can do against those guys coming on fresh while all our players have heavy legs.

I think Pioli should really consider moving to a 4-2-3-1. With Paqueta and Bennacer in the double pivot. Paqueta is not just tricks and flicks, he has industry as well and is one of our best passers, and Bennacer has come back roaring under Pioli. I'd like to see them in that setup. Rebic, Hakan and Suso would be in support of Piatek, that would leave him less isolated than he currently is.
Fillipo Simone
Kessie is terrible as well. I guess Pioli tried to rely on Bonaventura's experience. But not that this sub mattered. Krunić was bad, Bona as well.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 10 2019, 10:41 PM) *
True..you called it. :/

Hakan and Suso is not going to work as wings..We need to find something else.

4-2-3-1.

Suso and Rebic would be on the wings, Hakan in the centre
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 10 2019, 10:46 PM) *
Kessie is terrible as well. I guess Pioli tried to rely on Bonaventura's experience. But not that this sub mattered. Krunić was bad, Bona as well.

I really did not think Krunic was bad, he's an interesting player for sure, just very slow.

Bona's legs are gone. I think Biglia would have been a more prudent choice, or at least do what x-off said, pull Hakan back into midfield and bring in Rebic earlier. We needed a quick spark, and he brings that. Leao is too green to come on and make a difference in this kind of game
han2503
We'll be without Hakan and Bennacer against Napoli...
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 10 2019, 10:48 PM) *
I really did not think Krunic was bad, he's an interesting player for sure, just very slow.

Why don't you think Krunic was bad? He's a very limited player. Yes, his tackling and work rate are good, but that's not enough. A midfielder needs to have good passing, vision and quick thinking, and he has none of those. Only Paqueta and Bennacer possess those attributes in our midfield.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 10 2019, 10:45 PM) *
I think Pioli should really consider moving to a 4-2-3-1. With Paqueta and Bennacer in the double pivot. Paqueta is not just tricks and flicks, he has industry as well and is one of our best passers, and Bennacer has come back roaring under Pioli. I'd like to see them in that setup. Rebic, Hakan and Suso would be in support of Piatek, that would leave him less isolated than he currently is.

I'd definitely try that.
X-Offender
Nobody has discussed this here, but there were rumours a few days ago about our interest in Ibrahimovic. LA Galaxy's president even said that he has an agreement with us, only to claim afterwards that his words were misinterpreted.

What do you guys think? Would you sign a 38 year old Zlatan?
nuh
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 12 2019, 12:39 AM) *
Nobody has discussed this here, but there were rumours a few days ago about our interest in Ibrahimovic. LA Galaxy's president even said that he has an agreement with us, only to claim afterwards that his words were misinterpreted.

One of the biggest mistakes this club has ever made was selling Ibra and Thiago during the summer 2012. Though, having said that, I’d rather we move on and find better solutions. I love Ibra, his two seasons with the club have been fantastic and yes, I think he’d still be able to offer something this season. Though, making short-sited signings are what killed this club. I’d rather we fix this solution with a player that could help us for a longer period than potentially 6 months. I do agree with the opinion that we need experience, but not a 38-year-old Ibra. It may be a good idea to go all out for Cavani, he’s everything we want Piatek to be, good on the ball, helps out in the defense, can create his own chances and creates for others. His contract expires next season and Icardi seems to be doing well for PSG. Maybe he would be worth pursuing.

If we're going to sign a past player it should be Thiago. What we miss more than anything is a leader in the back 4. I really think if we can bring in a vocal player that can shape the defense better and demand players to focus, we'll concede less. I really think one of the reasons Abate and Thiago performed well with us was because of Nesta constant feedback on the pitch.

PS. Hi guys biggrin.gif , I haven’t posted in a long time but I’ve been coming on often to read your opinions.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 10 2019, 10:38 PM) *
It's true we did not deserve to lose,

True champions never 'deserve' to win. Which is why losers never 'deserve' to lose.
Danny
QUOTE (nuh @ Nov 12 2019, 11:11 AM) *
One of the biggest mistakes this club has ever made was selling Ibra and Thiago during the summer 2012.

Yup, that and the exodus that summer ended Milan.

PS. Hi guys biggrin.gif , I haven’t posted in a long time but I’ve been coming on often to read your opinions.

Hi Nuh, hope you're well smile.gif

I don't post as often either any more. But I still pop on.
X-Offender
One of the biggest mistakes this club has ever made was selling Ibra and Thiago during the summer 2012. Though, having said that, I’d rather we move on and find better solutions. I love Ibra, his two seasons with the club have been fantastic and yes, I think he’d still be able to offer something this season. Though, making short-sited signings are what killed this club. I’d rather we fix this solution with a player that could help us for a longer period than potentially 6 months. I do agree with the opinion that we need experience, but not a 38-year-old Ibra. It may be a good idea to go all out for Cavani, he’s everything we want Piatek to be, good on the ball, helps out in the defense, can create his own chances and creates for others. His contract expires next season and Icardi seems to be doing well for PSG. Maybe he would be worth pursuing.

If we're going to sign a past player it should be Thiago. What we miss more than anything is a leader in the back 4. I really think if we can bring in a vocal player that can shape the defense better and demand players to focus, we'll concede less. I really think one of the reasons Abate and Thiago performed well with us was because of Nesta constant feedback on the pitch.

It's hard to find better solutions, my friend. In the situation we're in, you think we have the allure and economic power to sign a world class striker such as Cavani? The only reason Ibra would come is because he'd come for free, and because he's 38. Don't think any decent European club wants him anymore. Not to mention he's said multiple times that he loves this club.

For an 18-month contract I'd sign him on the spot. Physically the guy is still a beast. Like Cristiano, he's one of those players who don't revert to crap after they reach a certain age. And we need him, badly.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 11 2019, 11:39 PM) *

I'd carry him on my back from LA to Milano. Zlatan is Zlatan, no matter how old he is, he's a true leader and winner, the exact kind of player we need in this team full of inexperienced players who have never won anything

How old is Thiago now? I think we can find cheaper solutions for the same quality. The PSG players who have gotten used to kicking back in France and earning astronomical wages are out of our price point imo. Look at Verratti as the best example of this, he's wasting all that talent playing in France imo, but look at the contract extension he signed, no Italian team would pay that, even the big clubs in Spain and England would think twice
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 17 2019, 02:38 PM) *
I'd carry him on my back from LA to Milano. Zlatan is Zlatan, no matter how old he is, he's a true leader and winner, the exact kind of player we need in this team full of inexperienced players who have never won anything

How old is Thiago now? I think we can find cheaper solutions for the same quality. The PSG players who have gotten used to kicking back in France and earning astronomical wages are out of our price point imo. Look at Verratti as the best example of this, he's wasting all that talent playing in France imo, but look at the contract extension he signed, no Italian team would pay that, even the big clubs in Spain and England would think twice

blink.gif
Danny
Wow. No one bothered to show up for the Napoli match.
Fillipo Simone
Sadly. Anyone watched the game? I tried, but failed. We're so bad it's really a pain to watch. Even good or solid teams look bad when playing with us.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 24 2019, 04:32 PM) *
Sadly. Anyone watched the game? I tried, but failed. We're so bad it's really a pain to watch. Even good or solid teams look bad when playing with us.

Napoli have been bad for quite a while tbh.
CrazyMilanFan
was draw a positive result?
X-Offender
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Nov 25 2019, 10:11 AM) *
was draw a positive result?

It's hard to answer that question in the situation we're in. A draw vs Napoli at home, it's never a bad result, but what good does it do to us? None. Might as well have lost and nothing would have changed.

Just realised this is the worst start to a season ever for Milan since the ra of 3 points.
Fillipo Simone
Naturally it is.

Napoli is in bad shape but we made them look even worse. The same happened to Roma as well. And Lazio to an extent.

We're simply a catastrophic team. Insecure, completely lost, no leader, no true passion, no grit or idea. It's time we changed the core again because releasing players like Biglia or Hakan won't do the trick alone.
Danny
So Arsenal lost their manager today, and replacements include Ancelotti, Allegri, Pochettino etc. AKA the cream of management.

We get Pioli?

Maybe a move for Emery could be a wise situation.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 22 2019, 09:46 PM) *
blink.gif

Contradictory, I know, but I don't think that the same yard stick applies for all players.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 24 2019, 04:32 PM) *

I watched, didn't think we were bad at all.

Performance-wise we have improved a lot under Pioli imo, it's just the results that haven't come yet. Our sterility in front of goal being the main culprit
CrazyMilanFan
We won.. Watched from 70.mins onwards. Theo is good although not seen much this season but he looked like totally involved and got the goal as well. Other than that we were okish
William405
Anyone tuning in to the game today?
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 8 2019, 08:41 PM) *
Anyone tuning in to the game today?

Currently watching
han2503
A bit of a soft pen on Piatek, but I'll take it
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 8 2019, 11:02 PM) *
A bit of a soft pen on Piatek, but I'll take it

yessss
han2503
Theo is definitely the most well-spent money in a good while
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 8 2019, 09:19 PM) *
Theo is definitely the most well-spent money in a good while

Yep.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 8 2019, 09:33 PM) *
Yep.

That being said, I did jinx him after saying that, with him making 2 errors that cost us 2 goals...
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 8 2019, 10:26 PM) *
That being said, I did jinx him after saying that, with him making 2 errors that cost us 2 goals...

The first one was unlucky, barely an error. The second one yes, he shouldn't pushed the Bologna player like that.
X-Offender
Man, we really must be given an award or something for the all the counterattacks we screw up. Completely clueless.

Anyway, 3 points. That's two wins in a row. Next we're playing Sassuolo at home and Atalanta away before the year end. Let's see if we can manage 4 points in those two games.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 9 2019, 12:26 AM) *

True. The guy is great on the attack, just amazing... He keeps pushing it's beautiful to see. It was perfectly shown in the last attack of the game, I like to see that from a player

Honestly, he isn't bad on the defensive side, but he has some brainfarts sometimes. Another fullback who is good today is Conti. I think we are starting to see the real Conti after injury.

Bonaventura was really again the guy who gets the goal in, so happy to have him back. I don't think he can do full games, but I think he can still be quite decisive for us.

Good game, important 3 points. We have to keep this up.

I'm very dissapointed about Suso, the guy is a shadow of himself. What happened to him? It is not like he got a big injury. or something.

William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 9 2019, 12:42 AM) *
Man, we really must be given an award or something for the all the counterattacks we screw up. Completely clueless.

Anyway, 3 points. That's two wins in a row. Next we're playing Sassuolo at home and Atalanta away before the year end. Let's see if we can manage 4 points in those two games.

True. Castel pissed me off on these two occasions!

We have to get 6 pts out of these two games, no excuses!
William405
If only Pioli had this team start of the season. He would have been much better. He is the ideal transitional coach. He's keeping it smart and simple.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 8 2019, 10:42 PM) *
I'm very dissapointed about Suso, the guy is a shadow of himself. What happened to him? It is not like he got a big injury. or something.

I don't think Suso has ever been that consistent top player who's made the difference for us. He's a skilled winger who can pull the usual assist or free-kick once in a while, and he proved that tonight with the assist for Hernandez. And honestly he was quite involved in all our attacks, and it's not like the other players did more than him in that regard.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 9 2019, 12:45 AM) *
I don't think Suso has ever been that consistent top player who's made the difference for us. He's a skilled winger who can pull the usual assist or free-kick once in a while, and he proved that tonight with the assist for Hernandez. And honestly he was quite involved in all our attacks, and it's not like the other players did more than him in that regard.

True, but I expected him to mature into something more perhaps. Not the case though.

X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 8 2019, 10:54 PM) *
True, but I expected him to mature into something more perhaps. Not the case though.

Yeah, but in this current environment it's hard to expect anyone to exceed. Rather, players seem to regress instead.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 9 2019, 01:01 AM) *
Yeah, but in this current environment it's hard to expect anyone to exceed. Rather, players seem to regress instead.

True that.
Fillipo Simone
Any news regarding Ibrahimović?
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 9 2019, 10:49 PM) *

Things seem to have calmed down.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 9 2019, 08:49 PM) *

He has confirmed that he will be returning to Italy, And only a few clubs can take on his wages, most of which don't really need him, so right now, I am assuming that he will sign for us. But I have been let down before when it comes to Ibra, so who knows
X-Offender
Last I read he wants a year and a half contract, we're willing to offer 6 months + option for another year if we qualify for the CL.
X-Offender
Milan-Sassuolo tomorrow at 15. Same line-up as last game by the looks of it.

Curiously, if we win tomorrow we'll surpass Napoli in the standings. Who would have thought.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.