Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A 2019/2020 season
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 15 2019, 09:45 PM) *
Giampaolo has to go. He's a complete amateur. I'm sure Parma, Sampdoria, Crotone or Palermo will soon be in need of a new coach.

biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
What made you think he's good?
han2503
Rodriguez, Biglia, Hakan and Suso were all terrible.

Each one of them continuously slows down our plays.

Bennacer absolutely has to play against Inter, he's the only mid we have along with Paqueta capable of actually making a forward pass.

There are so many things wrong with this team I don't even know where to start. But the fact that we don't even seem to have basic concepts down is what's most worrying.

We're slow and static, the players hold onto the ball too long, there are zero ideas on how to break a team down. The horizontal passing is just mind bending. Rodriguez, Biglia, Hakan and Suso being the major culprits of the continuous horizontal passing leading to nowhere
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 15 2019, 10:55 PM) *
I think we need to start a pool.

How long do you think Giampaolo will last?

Wow I used to do that like 2-3 years ago. I completely forgot who this is done. Or has the option disappeared?
han2503
Allegri is without a team. We better get on that.

And this coming from a huge Allegri critic. But this is obviously not going to lead anywhere good. We need to cut our losses quick imo, before it's another season down the drain

Obviously this won't happen, a bit of wishful thinking on my part
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 15 2019, 09:48 PM) *
Wow I used to do that like 2-3 years ago. I completely forgot who this is done. Or has the option disappeared?

I think we can still do it.

IIRC you need to start a thread as a poll. Let me look into it
William405
Absolutely terrible match. We got the 3 points, but is that all that matters? If we play like this during the season then we're going to be fighting for relegation.

Rebic provided some energy and much-needed solutions. He could be an interesting aquisition. But, when we're playing this way..no player can save us. Giamp imo needs to GTFO. He start with this ideal that he has a system, and that he wants Milan to play good football. Then. he decided to change formations very quickly. He is also fucking up our talented youngters. He keeps saying that Paqueta needs to be less Brazilian. He doesn't play in the right position, and not in the right mind-set at least. One of our most interesting player, now just became much less attractive.

Also, Piatek is absolutely is absent. His touch lets him down each time, and we can't seem to get him into the right positions.

Biglia instead of Bennacer is a stupid decision. The guy was man of the match in our second serie A game. Why the hell use Biglia? (who IMO needs to leave sooner rather than later)

And, what's more frustrating is that we're not playing attractive football...if we're putting on good performances I wouldn't mind it.

At this point, I really wouldn't mind seeing Gattuso come back. He knows all the players really well, and can put in some good fighting spirit inside of them.

All I can think about now is how bad the game against Inter will be. And, how they made all the good decisions, and we made all the terrible ones.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 15 2019, 11:45 PM) *
Giampaolo has to go. He's a complete amateur. I'm sure Parma, Sampdoria, Crotone or Palermo will soon be in need of a new coach.

Totally agreed.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 15 2019, 09:51 PM) *
Absolutely terrible match. We got the 3 points, but is that all that matters? If we play like this during the season then we're going to be fighting for relegation.

Rebic provided some energy and much-needed solutions. He could be an interesting aquisition. But, when we're playing this way..no player can save us. Giamp imo needs to GTFO. He start with this ideal that he has a system, and that he wants Milan to play good football. Then. he decided to change formations very quickly. He is also fucking up our talented youngters. He keeps saying that Paqueta needs to be less Brazilian. He doesn't play in the right position, and not in the right mind-set at least. One of our most interesting player, now just became much less attractive.

Also, Piatek is absolutely is absent. His touch lets him down each time, and we can't seem to get him into the right positions.

Biglia instead of Bennacer is a stupid decision. The guy was man of the match in our second serie A game. Why the hell use Biglia? (who IMO needs to leave sooner rather than later)

And, what's more frustrating is that we're not playing attractive football...if we're putting on good performances I wouldn't mind it.

At this point, I really wouldn't mind seeing Gattuso come back. He knows all the players really well, and can put in some good fighting spirit inside of them.

All I can think about now is how bad the game against Inter will be. And, how they made all the good decisions, and we made all the terrible ones.

Yep.

Conte and Sensi are like a knife through the heart.
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 15 2019, 11:47 PM) *
What made you think he's good?

I think everyone thought of him as this manager who made Empoli play beautiful football. At least this how he was sold to us..
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 15 2019, 11:48 PM) *

I remember well these threads that were done at the end of the season. They were super good. king.gif
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 15 2019, 09:54 PM) *
I think everyone thought of him as this manager who made Empoli play beautiful football. At least this how he was sold to us..

Samp weren't half bad either

But this is not Samp or Empoli

He didn't come here with a clean slate, there were already very big issues with this squad. And right now, all I'm seeing is him amplifying the problems that were already clear to see under Rino and he's making them all glaringly worse.

I feel like this season is going to be over before its even begun. Another year down the drain.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 15 2019, 11:49 PM) *
Allegri is without a team. We better get on that.

And this coming from a huge Allegri critic. But this is obviously not going to lead anywhere good. We need to cut our losses quick imo, before it's another season down the drain

Obviously this won't happen, a bit of wishful thinking on my part

I think Allegri would have been a good idea. He would've been a coach that could have at least taken us back to Champion's leauge places. But, why would Allegri want to have a step back in his career? He can land bigger jobs.
Fillipo Simone
Allegri is full of questionable decisions and tends to make critical situation worse. But yes, Han, I was thinking the same. He would be a huge upgrade compared to that amateur we have right now. Who else is aviable? Anyone thinking of Ranieri?
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 15 2019, 09:56 PM) *
I think Allegri would have been a good idea. He would've been a coach that could have at least taken us back to Champion's leauge places. But, why would Allegri want to have a step back in his career? He can land bigger jobs.

Where? No one came calling this summer

He's not a coach that is suited to big European clubs imo. He's too pragmatic and negative in his approach.

It's not like Real, Bayern or a big English club were chasing after him this summer and that is for a reason.

I think Allegri would take the job. He knows the club already and I think he's someone who would be more comfortable in the Italian setting

Plus he deployed a 4-2-3-1 at Juve and I think that's the best type of system we can field with the mish mash of players we have
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 15 2019, 10:00 PM) *
Allegri is full of questionable decisions and tends to make critical situation worse. But yes, Han, I was thinking the same. He would be a huge upgrade compared to that amateur we have right now. Who else is aviable? Anyone thinking of Ranieri?

Ew! No!
han2503
And yes I agree about Allegri's faults. Please refer to my posts circa 2012 to understand how absolutely I detested this guy and his approach

But, he'll bring the results and for now that is what we need.

As for other coaches being available. The only other one I can think of is Mourinho.

Hear me out.

The only issue would be getting him to come on board. But he would definitely be someone that could whip these players into shape imo. He's still a top top manager. His issues at United were varied. But thinking back to how he got that team to second and to win the EL is nothing short of a miracle imo. He's still an excellent coach and man manager. The issue at United I feel is that players like Pogba never wanted to put in the effort which is required from any Mou team which split the dressing room between egos.

I don't think he'd have that issue back in Italy. If the players are on his side, they'll do anything for him. As was the case with his teams at Porto, Chelsea and Inter
X-Offender
Mourinho would be a pipe dream.

We started with Giampaolo and we'll continue with him at least till December. Wanting him sacked so early in the season is just wishful thinking.

But man, I hate this guy already. First of all, he had two months at disposal to deploy his ideas and tactics. But we're in mid-September and the team is playing some godawful football.

Secondly, he had a clear formation in mind, which he practised all summer only to change after the very first game in the league. Which, mind you, it was the right decision, but it really shows just how shaky his mindset is.

And then the player selection. This irks me the most. Hernandez returns from injury fully fit yet he plays the disastrous Rodriguez. Bennacer plays a great game vs Brescia yet he starts Biglia. Our most expensive signing of the summer has been warming the bench for three games straight. Krunic hasn't seen the pitch for a minute yet craptards like Hakan and Castillejo keep getting free passes. I seriously have no words.
X-Offender
Oh, and as for Rebic, he was OK. Some great moments but also some WTF moments as well.
Danny
"blah blah blah" *Allegri*

***raises nose****
X-Offender
So, looks like Paqueta after the game agaionst Verona posted on Instagram a picture with comment "Proud to be brazilian" referring to Giampaolo's previous comments ("He needs to be less Brazilian") and, according to Tuttosport, the club might fine him.

WTF?! Now we're even creating problems out of nothing instead of valuing our most gifted player. Giampaolo has done only damage thus far.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 17 2019, 01:01 PM) *
So, looks like Paqueta after the game agaionst Verona posted on Instagram a picture with comment "Proud to be brazilian" referring to Giampaolo's previous comments ("He needs to be less Brazilian") and, according to Tuttosport, the club might fine him.

WTF?! Now we're even creating problems out of nothing instead of valuing our most gifted player. Giampaolo has done only damage thus far.

The comments from him were out of line imo. That's not something you talk to the media about. If Paqueta needs to make improvements, guide him accordingly, in private.

Not say something like that to the press...
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 17 2019, 09:11 PM) *
The comments from him were out of line imo. That's not something you talk to the media about. If Paqueta needs to make improvements, guide him accordingly, in private.

Not say something like that to the press...

he did it with Piatek also
X-Offender
In view of the derby, Inter tied 1-1 vs Slavia at home. They were appalling, almost as bad as us against Verona. In fact, they were also poor against Cagliari and Udinese as well.

If we play with the right mindset, we can win.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 17 2019, 11:00 PM) *
In view of the derby, Inter tied 1-1 vs Slavia at home. They were appalling, almost as bad as us against Verona. In fact, they were also poor against Cagliari and Udinese as well.

If we play with the right mindset, we can win.

Yes, I said this before. I won't buy into the Inter hype just yet. Almost everytime I've seen them play, they didn't look good. I'm sure Conte will be able to build them into a good team, but they are far from scudetto material in my opinion. So, yes, we could snatch a win if we play well this weekend. The problem is we're just as bad.
Fillipo Simone
Naah, Conte is a smart coach and he'll be prepared with all the tricks in the world. Milan on the other hand will once again struggle doing even the simplest of attacks. It will be a nightmare.
Rossoneri7
It will be tough for Milan, inter are a well equipped team and their coach is hands down top three in Serie A.

Their last result in Europe should not dictate how good they are. But if Milan step on the field with grinta and the right mindset Milan could cause a shock.

For a Milan!
Danny
Funny how the 'top two' (or so) coaches in Italy deeply struggled in England.

If you look at Inter's results, none of them are credible. They beat a bottom 3 team with help from a red card, a midtable team by way of a penalty and another bottom team by way of being a man up.

Then get held at home by a very ordinary Slavia side?

I'm not a fan of Conte - I think his star peaked at Juve and despite the title he won in England, the way it fell apart quickly afterwards shows he doesn't have the ability to keep the success going.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 18 2019, 11:05 AM) *
Funny how the 'top two' (or so) coaches in Italy deeply struggled in England.

Ancelotti and Conte? Well, they both won the league with Chelsea...
Fillipo Simone
He meant Sarri but clearly forgot about Carletto wink.gif
X-Offender
Probable line for the derby (Gazzetta): Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Bennacer, Kessie, Calhanoglu; Paquetà; Suso, Piatek.

Sky has Rebic instead of Paquetà.

When will come the day when Rodriguez and Calhanoglu won't start games for us anymore...
Fillipo Simone
Is Hernandez match-fit?

At least Biglia and Castillejo are out of the picture.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 20 2019, 10:11 PM) *
Is Hernandez match-fit?

At least Biglia and Castillejo are out of the picture.

Not so sure. Now Mediaset has Biglia starting.
han2503
Biglia starting over Bennacer is the real crime over anything else.
X-Offender
How it it possible that we're at the end of September and no-one of our new signings is starting games. Having guys like Rodriguez, Biglia and Calhanoglu still on the starting line-up is criminal.
X-Offender
OFFICIAL: Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Biglia, Kessie, Calhanoglu; Suso; Leao, Piatek.

Can't say I'm happy, but at least we get to see what Leao is capable of.
William405
You have to go with experience in these type of games. Agreed that Leao will be the surprise here.
X-Offender
We're so sh*t.
han2503
We can barely string 2 passes together

Biglia, Hakan and Suso are non-existent. Rodriguez is a disaster waiting to happen
han2503
We're so slow. The complete concept of counter-attacking is lost on these players
William405
We’re doing better now.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 21 2019, 08:15 PM) *
We’re doing better now.

It's sill far from good

We've had 4 or 5 counter opportunities

Every time we slow tins down and allow Inter to get back. Suso is the biggest culprit in this along with Biglia
William405
This Leao kid is good.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 21 2019, 10:20 PM) *
It's sill far from good

We've had 4 or 5 counter opportunities

Every time we slow tins down and allow Inter to get back. Suso is the biggest culprit in this along with Biglia

Agreed. It bugs me, he’s just not good for this position. You can see he has the tendency to drift right(Suso)
han2503
We're really lucky not to be losing right now
William405
**** why didn’t he pass!
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 21 2019, 10:24 PM) *
We're really lucky not to be losing right now

Why so negative man! We had our chances and they theirs also.
han2503
At least Leao and Piatek look good together
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 21 2019, 08:28 PM) *
Why so negative man! We had our chances and they theirs also.

I know, but all we're doing is just so frustrating. So slow

Rodriguez, Suso and Biglia are making me pull my hair right now
X-Offender
We started terribly but managed to get back on track in the last 15-20 minutes. Nothing to write home about but at least we weren't playing like a Serie D team.

I liked Suso, Conti and Leao, but Donnarumma so far has been a star with his saves.

If we had Paqueta, Bennacer and Hernandez starting instead of Hakan, Biglia and Rodriguez, I reckon we could play much better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.