Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paloschi
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Jack Bauer
The Borriello deal was stupid. We sent him to a co-ownership while he was 25 y.o and bought him back a year later for €10m + Di Gennaro co-ownership.
acid911
Thanks for the clarification, Jack Bauer. king.gif So even if we value half of Di Gennaro at 2 million, then we practically got nothing out of Borri. Even Roma who got him on the cheap (with the first year practically free) will be paying us in installments I heard.

And not to mention, he hit us a goal and cost us 3 points in the last match, while officially still being a Milan player. I guess, we can safely say the Borriello deal was the "Stupidity of the Century". tongue.gif Yeah, that's what it is.
dst
Isn't it pretty obvious already that the weaker Italian clubs will not accept loan deals from the big clubs? There's nothing we're doing wrong...
X-Offender
You people think too hard. Co-ownership, loan, who cares? Those are Galliani's problems.
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 27 2011, 07:54 PM) *
Isn't it pretty obvious already that the weaker Italian clubs will not accept loan deals from the big clubs? There's nothing we're doing wrong...

If that's the case then it's a bit sad, really. sad.gif I've always preferred loaning players out, but if the management's hands are tied, then there is nothing much that can be said. On one hand, we need young guys playing in Serie A for experience, on the other hand we are forced to deal with this stupid concept of co-ownership.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 27 2011, 02:54 PM) *

I agree. No team in their right mind would want a player better than what they already have, for free, for entire season.
William405
Lol Kurt,I thought he was being ironic,although I don't know why.
acid911
Na, I don't think he (dst) was being ironic. unsure.gif Or was she?
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 27 2011, 10:21 PM) *
I agree. No team in their right mind would want a player better than what they already have, for free, for entire season.

It's not for free...and it's not better than what they have. Coz for sure, we should have loaned Paloschi and paid his wages, coz I mean Hernan frickin Crespo is a nobody right?
William405
Jack Sparrow:Most of the time it is the case kurt described.Maybe the Paloschi case doesn't apply 100 percent though.

Also,why would we pay for his wages.In my view,if you loan out a player,most of the time it is a good deal for the team that received that player.Firstly,you get the player for free,you only pay for his wages,and it is short-term.If he flops,you can just send him back to where he came from.
Jack Sparrow
Precisely...now this way, both clubs have something to gain.

If he flops...then Milan just get rid of his half of the contract for the earlier proposed sum. If he turns out to be really good, then the lowly club who actually invested in his training and wages, get something back in terms of increased value for their half of the player...so they're not left high and dry when this player leaves. Instead they get something they can use to at least buy a new player. The 10 million Genoa got for Borriello could have gone into getting a comparable striker. If it had been a simple loan, Genoa just lost a 19 goal a season striker....with squat to show for it..so they're now stuck with one less star player on the roster. Don't forget in Italy, a few positions here and there doesn't make a big difference in Serie A in terms of money.

In the EPL you can argue that the 19 goal striker might have earned the club an extra 5 million by virtue of their higher position..not in Serie A.

Rather than thinking of this as a simple player transfer....think of the two clubs as Venture Capitalists investing in a new firm. wink.gif It'll make sense. Cut your loses or increase the value of your stake. Simple maths.
kurtsimonw
Meh, maybe I'm just too used to the English way.

If Villa have a good kid coming through, we loan him to a team he's too good for and pay the wages. He gains experience, we get him back at the end of the season and the club we loaned him to gets somebody who'll be one of the best players in the league for free for the season.

Yes they are losing a very good player for nothing at the end of the season, but then they didn't do anything to 'earn' the player in the first place, they were just given him.
Fillipo Simone
Let's get back to the topic, shall we?
acid911
I thought Paloschi was the topic? unsure.gif What with him being co-owned and co-loaned and all.
TriniKing_CE
Friday 28 January, 2011
Paloschi ready to start afresh

Genoa's new striker Alberto Paloschi says he is ready to start afresh after a difficult couple of seasons with Parma.

The 20-year-old has only made one substitutes' appearance so far this season and has struggled with injury.

Paloschi first came to light with Milan when he scored a fantastic goal. The fans even hailed him as a new Pippo Inzaghi.

“I have a great desire to start playing again,” Paloschi said. “I hope to repay the confidence of the club by scoring lots of goals.

“I no longer want to think about what has happened, only about finding the pitch again.

“Training is great.

“I was happy in Parma. If I were to score against them I would celebrate. Goals are what count for a striker.”

Link: http://www.football-italia.net/jan28s.html
Fishdoll
Not sure if anyone saw the weekend game Genoa had with Roma (which led to Ranieri's leaving the club) but Albertino is BACK. RAR.
Fillipo Simone
Yep. It's rather good he moved on and escaped from Parma. They used to be a real good team but nowdays...
This change is really important for him.
han2503
Something tells me that this will be another Boriello type fiasco...
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 23 2011, 01:47 PM) *
Something tells me that this will be another Boriello type fiasco...

Why? He's young, I expect him back with us in 1 year?
X-Offender
If Messi is the true successor to Maradona, then Paloschi is the true successor to Inzaghi. cool.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 23 2011, 02:24 PM) *
Why? He's young, I expect him back with us in 1 year?

Not in that way.

But Palo is a player with great potential, And if he's given the full season to play regularly he'll score a lot. Thus Genoa scalping us for money like they did on the Boriello deal. We had to pay over 10m for his HALF. Don't even try to tell me that Boriello is worth 20m...

If next season Palo stays there and has a great season then Genoa will want big money in order for us to buy out the rest of his contract. Like we had to do with Bori...

I miss the good old days of the loan deals...
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 24 2011, 11:33 PM) *
We had to pay over 10m for his HALF.

10 million Euros and the co-ownership of Davide Di Gennaro to Genoa as well. sleep.gif Without doubt one of the most strangest deals I have ever seen. Totally did not make any sense for us.
CrazyMilanFan
we will get the borri money from roma so it is not all bad
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Feb 24 2011, 08:04 PM) *
we will get the borri money from roma so it is not all bad

We practically gave them Boriello for free, something about friendship with the Sensi family bla bla bla rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 24 2011, 09:18 PM) *
We practically gave them Boriello for free, something about friendship with the Sensi family bla bla bla rolleyes.gif

No, we didn't give him for free. It was a loan with the obligation of purchase next year. Practically, Roma are obliged to pay us about 10 million this summer.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 24 2011, 09:15 PM) *
No, we didn't give him for free. It was a loan with the obligation of purchase next year. Practically, Roma are obliged to pay us about 10 million this summer.

Meh, didn't know it was that much. Galliani is always going on about how we did Roma a favour because he wants to maintain the rapport between the clubs, the usual Galliani BS.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Feb 23 2011, 04:17 PM) *
Not sure if anyone saw the weekend game Genoa had with Roma (which led to Ranieri's leaving the club) but Albertino is BACK. RAR.

devilsmiley.gif
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 24 2011, 10:43 PM) *
Meh, didn't know it was that much. Galliani is always going on about how we did Roma a favour because he wants to maintain the rapport between the clubs, the usual Galliani BS.

No,he said he gave them a discount which was 10 million.I think we valued him at 15,dunno,not sure anyway.
I wouldn't say paying 10 million for Borriello is really much of a discount though.
KillerMax
Welcome back.

acid911
My, my, the kid has grown up! happy.gif Welcome back, most definitely!
kurtsimonw
20 goals this season or GTFO.
Fillipo Simone
What?
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 24 2011, 01:17 PM) *
What?

He is speaking English.
kurtsimonw
It was a joke.
il_diavolo_mtl
PALOSCHI GOAL!!!! (italy ties France's U21 1-1)
What a powerful header
il_diavolo_mtl
Varane cannot handle Palo in this head-to head

EDIT : Palo has been MOTM, playing one-twos, positional awareness and outmuscling, out-pacing most of a pretty good french U21
il_diavolo_mtl
Paloschi doing a bit of play making as well for El Sha & Insigne
il_diavolo_mtl
Ciro post-game promises a bright future for Palo tongue.gif

I'm not a fanboy, but surely he can offer what Maxi offers and a bit more, while costing <8M and being a youth player who's also italian. Before you bash his goal record, look at his supporting cast for not-so-offensive teams and then look at his U21 scoring record 8g/23 apps (most of which are sub-ins i believe)
X-Offender
I think Paloschi is past history. Can't see him returning to the base.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 28 2012, 04:53 PM) *
I think Paloschi is past history. Can't see him returning to the base.

I can understand your skepticism, but i do hope you understand that he would not play ahead Robi/Pato, but merely serve as cover for when Ibra decides to drop kick/haymaker the Marco Rossis or Salvatore Aronicas of the league. Just look at Maxi, I truly believe Paloschi can offer Much(!!) more then Maxi F****** Lopez who is set to cost us 8M (IIRC) in the summer should we keep him...
X-Offender
I understand you very well, but I just don't think the club has any faith in him. And I really hope we don't sign Maxi Lopez. €8 million is too much for a player of his calibre.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 28 2012, 05:03 PM) *
I understand you very well, but I just don't think the club has any faith in him. And I really hope we don't sign Maxi Lopez. €8 million is too much for a player of his calibre.

The free extra pickles i take in my Subway sandwiches are too steep a price to pay for Maxi...

Fun Fact (wiki). Paloschi is, amongst current players, the longest serving U21 player and most capped. Now this is important, because Ciro, as we all know, changed most of Casiraghi's selections with lesser-known, lower profile, more played Serie B talents.
Jack Bauer
http://youtu.be/_7OtGg-PG-8

5 goals in 5 games this season.
Zed.D
I think Paloschi is the type of striker that does well for smaller teams, but if he comes back he will fail to live up to expectations. I could be wrong.

Do we still co-own him or something?
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Dec 9 2012, 10:18 PM) *
Do we still co-own him or something?

IIRC he's at Chievo on loan.
William405
They have the option to buy half of him.So we have full ownership.
Jack Bauer
http://youtu.be/xNZkxhkO1_k?t=37s
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 20 2013, 08:20 PM) *

Do we still own half of his contract?
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 20 2013, 11:43 PM) *
Do we still own half of his contract?

We own him full time (not in a biblical way) but Chievo can buy half of his rights at the end of the season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.