Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paloschi
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
morgoth
Good for him, he'll gain experience and a lot of play time, the only thing that sucks is the co-ownership!
acid911
QUOTE (morgoth @ Sep 4 2008, 03:47 PM) *
Good for him, he'll gain experience and a lot of play time, the only thing that sucks is the co-ownership!

Don't worry. I've got a feeling we'll buy him back for 30 million Euros, and every cent of it is gonna come from Galliani's retirement fund. dry.gif You just sit and watch.
Jack Sparrow
^^I thought you and Galliani had kissed and made up. What's up with the lover's quarrel again?? huh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 4 2008, 05:31 PM) *
^^I thought you and Galliani had kissed and made up. What's up with the lover's quarrel again??

It was the other Galliani. tongue.gif His twin. Not the one who gives those crazy interviews to the media that less than 12 people in the world understand.
Jack Sparrow
They're both cute...
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 4 2008, 05:41 PM) *
They're both cute...

Okay, you can have them both, if you send over my girlfriend back. huh.gif Kapeesh?
Jack Sparrow
Sure...biggrin.gif

Urm....could you send them over on the Raptor...I'll urm send the girl back on the bike...erm..maybe.. unsure.gif innocentsmily.gif
acid911

Deal.
Jack Sparrow
Girl---->Check!
Galliani to ransom Berlusconi--->Check!
Hot bike--->Check!

Good to be me... cool.gif
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 2 2008, 02:52 AM) *
lol here we go again. sigh.. his opinions replicating facts lol. Calling one of the best wingers in teh world rubbish lol, hes a lost dozer, very lost indeed droolsmiley.gif

I'm not lost at all. He's far from the best. In fact he's extremely inconsistent. So your opinions are facts now?
Tennie
^^ Is that comment about Alberto Paloschi? If it isn't, then it doesn't belong in this thread.
amancik
Say, how's Paloschi doing in Parma?
amancik
Say, how's Paloschi doing in Parma?
Jack Sparrow
Try asking one more time, maybe you'll get an answer. wink.gif

Just been a match, I believe he impressed a bit.
amancik
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 5 2008, 04:24 PM) *
Try asking one more time, maybe you'll get an answer. wink.gif

Just been a match, I believe he impressed a bit.

Any photos or videos of him?
Tennie
Don't have any photos, but I did watch the match (I was in Italy and it was televised). He did really well. Moved well, created chances, and generally was impressive. He came on at the beginning of the second half. Gazzetta gave him a 6.5 rating and the Parma fans I know were pleasantly impressed with him. They like him. smile.gif
morgoth
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 4 2008, 01:29 PM) *
Don't worry. I've got a feeling we'll buy him back for 30 million Euros, and every cent of it is gonna come from Galliani's retirement fund. dry.gif You just sit and watch.

laugh.gif I pretty sure about it, but since we have a good relationship with Parma I think they'll sort out some kind of deal!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 5 2008, 04:24 AM) *
Try asking one more time, maybe you'll get an answer.

laugh.gif
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 5 2008, 11:14 AM) *
Don't have any photos, but I did watch the match (I was in Italy and it was televised). He did really well. Moved well, created chances, and generally was impressive. He came on at the beginning of the second half. Gazzetta gave him a 6.5 rating and the Parma fans I know were pleasantly impressed with him. They like him. smile.gif

This will certainly work out for both teams...
Darunia
Paloschi scored twice today as Parma defeated Siena 4-1 in a friendly!
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Darunia @ Sep 6 2008, 06:01 PM) *

Heheheh... he's scored against them before... biggrin.gif
drucurl
Forza Palo smile.gif
amancik
Forza Paloschi!
acid911
QUOTE (Darunia @ Sep 6 2008, 11:01 PM) *

I still can't believe we let this guy go. dry.gif Both Parma and Siena were Serie A teams. Or used to be. I just hope we don't run into any striker crises through the course of the season. That'd be oh, so bad.
amancik
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 7 2008, 03:35 PM) *
I still can't believe we let this guy go. dry.gif Both Parma and Siena were Serie A teams. Or used to be. I just hope we don't run into any striker crises through the course of the season. That'd be oh, so bad.

Well we do have Boriello back, so atm we have 3 fit strikers, Pato, Shevchenko & Boriello. When I say fit I mean not injured. I think letting Paloschi grow in Parma is probably a good idea. We don't want him to struggle to get play time due to competition. Plus, I think Boriello is good enough to do the job.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 7 2008, 07:35 AM) *

I don't understand. If we kept him he would get no playing time at all. We have four strikers (Pato, Borriello, Sheva, Inzaghi)... all four are in playing shape right now (I think Inzaghi is in playing condition right now). I think having more than that would be excessive. He would be fine playing in Parma to gain experience.
acid911
Very valid points guys, but I've seen clubs have a good 6 strikers (forwards). The thing is I don't want us to be sorry in the middle of the season if two of our attackers get injured and one goes completely out of form. unsure.gif Plus, I don't think UEFA Cup is on that strong of an agenda this season. Serie A is. Paloschi could have played UEFA Cup matches, and that would have kept our main strikers fit for tougher League matches.

And contrary to what the management believe, I don't consider Kaka, Seedorf and Ronaldinho forwards. They may get a bucketload of goals, but still they are AMs in my eyes. dry.gif It's equally bad when we promoted Seedorf and Kaka to more attacking roles when we had that little striker crisis last season.

Send Paloschi to another club is an okay idea. smile.gif I just hope we waited a little while before going ahead with it. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want ANY excuses not to win the Scudetto this season.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 7 2008, 09:02 AM) *
Very valid points guys, but I've seen clubs have a good 6 strikers (forwards). The thing is I don't want us to be sorry in the middle of the season if two of our attackers get injured and one goes completely out of form. unsure.gif Plus, I don't think UEFA Cup is on that strong of an agenda this season. Serie A is. Paloschi could have played UEFA Cup matches, and that would have kept our main strikers fit for tougher League matches.

And contrary to what the management believe, I don't consider Kaka, Seedorf and Ronaldinho forwards. They may get a bucketload of goals, but still they are AMs in my eyes. dry.gif It's equally bad when we promoted Seedorf and Kaka to more attacking roles when we had that little striker crisis last season.

Send Paloschi to another club is an okay idea. smile.gif I just hope we waited a little while before going ahead with it. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want ANY excuses not to win the Scudetto this season.

6 Strikers? Inter? I can swear they have only two good strikers (Ibra and Balotelli) and the rest are... average. Even then they were off loading several. I think David Suazo was loaned out to Benfica. Now they only have 4 or 5 (was Crespo released?).... 4 strikers is more than enough.

I don't consider Kaka, Seedorf or Ronaldinho forwards either... but since we have that attacking depth to our midfield, we only need four strikers. There is no need to have more than 4. I think Kaka is more of an attacking midfielder, but Ronaldinho I've seen fill the second striker role quite well...

Since we got Sheva, Paloschi would have to go on loan... it would be best for his development. He's not yet Milan ready I don't think...
han2503
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 7 2008, 09:05 AM) *
6 Strikers? Inter? I can swear they have only two good strikers (Ibra and Balotelli) and the rest are... average. Even then they were off loading several. I think David Suazo was loaned out to Benfica. Now they only have 4 or 5 (was Crespo released?).... 4 strikers is more than enough.

I don't consider Kaka, Seedorf or Ronaldinho forwards either... but since we have that attacking depth to our midfield, we only need four strikers. There is no need to have more than 4. I think Kaka is more of an attacking midfielder, but Ronaldinho I've seen fill the second striker role quite well...

Since we got Sheva, Paloschi would have to go on loan... it would be best for his development. He's not yet Milan ready I don't think...

Completely agree with you on this.

acid I know you wanted to keep Paloschi as a one club man but, fact is that if we kept him he would be more then wasted on the bench especially with the 1 striker system Carlo plays, he would even find it hard to get into Coppa matches with the attacking players we have in attack and midfield.

And besides, going on loan for a year or 2 won't really make any difference Costacurta was loaned out for a year but no one seems to remember that little fact because of all the things he did at Milan.
If Paloschi really becomes as big as some think he will his year at Parma will more then be forgotten
acid911
Well put. Can't disagree with your post, Han, if I tried. smile.gif But I guess, I'm very possessive when it comes to my one-club-players. I know we won't field our strongest side in the UEFA Cup, Paloschi could have been good in those matches. But oh, well what's happened has happened.

Maybe it's for the good. sleep.gif
Tennie
Hey, even Billy went on loan for a year (to Monza). There's hope for the kid. I'd love to see him being a big star at Milan.

For what it's worth, the Parma fans I know are referring to him as a 'gran bel giocatore' (rough translation - 'a great player') and are happy he's there. Supposedly, he's been better than Lucarelli in both games Parma's played since his arrival (the Serie B tie with Rimini and the friendly with Siena).
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 7 2008, 02:48 PM) *
Well put. Can't disagree with your post, Han, if I tried. smile.gif But I guess, I'm very possessive when it comes to my one-club-players. I know we won't field our strongest side in the UEFA Cup, Paloschi could have been good in those matches. But oh, well what's happened has happened.

Maybe it's for the good. sleep.gif

I think it is for the good, it would be hard even to get into the UEFA Cup, we have 4 striker to rotate for just 1 single position. Palo wouldn't nearly get enough playing time to help him develop. at parma he'll probably play somewhere close to 30 games, something he couldn't have at Milan. Hopefully next year Parma get promoted and we'll leave him there for another year in Serie A.

I think this would help him a lot in terms of how he develops.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 7 2008, 02:58 PM) *
Hey, even Billy went on loan for a year (to Monza). There's hope for the kid. I'd love to see him being a big star at Milan.

For what it's worth, the Parma fans I know are referring to him as a 'gran bel giocatore' (rough translation - 'a great player') and are happy he's there. Supposedly, he's been better than Lucarelli in both games Parma's played since his arrival (the Serie B tie with Rimini and the friendly with Siena).

I see this as a good thing for both teams. We help them out with promotion back to Serie A, and they help us out by giving him a lot of playing time.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Sep 7 2008, 09:05 AM) *
6 Strikers? Inter? I can swear they have only two good strikers (Ibra and Balotelli) and the rest are... average.

Julio Cruz is far from being average. He is a very, very effective player. I certainly wuldn't complain if he was ever at Milan. He may never put on a World class performance.. but he doesn't play bad either. Consistantly very good.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 7 2008, 01:18 PM) *
Julio Cruz is far from being average. He is a very, very effective player. I certainly wuldn't complain if he was ever at Milan. He may never put on a World class performance.. but he doesn't play bad either. Consistantly very good.

I completely agree with you Kurt with regards to Julio Cruz.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 7 2008, 06:18 PM) *

He's so-so. Besides Balotelli and Ibra... he's probably the best of the rest. I can't say the same about the others though.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 7 2008, 10:18 PM) *

Ditto. smile.gif He's consistent. And decently good. A lethal combo.
vahid
Paloschi scored the first goal of Parma against Ancona king.gif
Giancarlo
That's important for him, and I know that playing for Parma and getting all this playing time... will be extremely important for his development.
vahid
It was just his second game dreamyeyesf.gif
Tennie
The Parma fans I know absolutely adore young Alberto. Wont' talk to 'em til tomorrow but I'm sure they'll be thrilled he scored. Gigi Cagni is coaching Parma this season and he seems to do well with bringing along young talents. Paloschi is in a good place.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 13 2008, 10:58 AM) *
The Parma fans I know absolutely adore young Alberto. Wont' talk to 'em til tomorrow but I'm sure they'll be thrilled he scored. Gigi Cagni is coaching Parma this season and he seems to do well with bringing along young talents. Paloschi is in a good place.

....Nice!!! cool.gif
KillerMax
So glad he went on loan... happy.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Sep 14 2008, 12:43 AM) *
So glad he went on loan... happy.gif

Wasn't it one of those danm co-ownership things? No doubt we'll be paying out stupid money to get him back now! dry.gif
Tennie

Paloschi and friends today, courtesy of Gazzetta.
acid911
Super image, Tennie. The kid I've known ever since in red and black. sad.gif Sigh. And oh, Kurt yeah it's that wretched co-ownership deal, but then again Mr. B has money to burn. Who am I to argue?
kurtsimonw
This time last year I hadn't even heard of this guy.
Tennie
Not a lot had, Kurt. He'd just been promoted to the Primavera from the Berretti. Paloschi was one of the few bright spots from last year.
han2503
Parma were playing yesterday, anybody know if Palo played and how he did?
kurtsimonw
I believe they won 4-1 and he scored. I can't say how he played though, I didn't see it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.