Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paloschi
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Tennie
And that was the winning goal. Parma beat Brescia and leapfrog them in the standings.

The leadership of Serie B at the end of this weekend is:
Livorno
Bari
Parma
Brescia

Habitant
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 22 2009, 10:20 PM) *
And that was the winning goal. Parma beat Brescia and leapfrog them in the standings.

The leadership of Serie B at the end of this weekend is:
Livorno
Bari
Parma
Brescia

i'd like to see those two get promoted
Tennie
Fishdoll might have to bite you for not bolding Bari, Habitant. biggrin.gif He's fond of the Great Chicken Banner.

That said, it's pretty much between those 4 as to who goes up. They're all good squads.

Today's game was really quite entertaining, for all that there was only one goal scored. Lots of action, more than a couple of goalmouth scrambles, etc etc.

Paloschi is clearly a favorite at the Tardini (it was a home game for Parma). The commentator referred to him as (direct translation) 'the little jewel'. He did quite well, not counting the goal.
kurtsimonw
I hope he makes it, would be nice to have a youth product in the side, most of the recent ones didn't turn out so well.
Tennie
Yes and no, kurt. Ignazio Abate has been doing quite well for Toro (not his fault the rest of the team hasn't) and the U21s, for example. He regularly gets ratings (italian scale) of 6.5-7, which is higher than most of Milan's squad. Di Gennaro seems to have learned to apply himself at Reggina (he's getting starts, which is good).
Zed.D
I still wish we hadn't sent Paloschi out on loan. he was not just a potentially good player, he was actually doing good.

I think loaning Darmian would have been a wiser decision...
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 23 2009, 06:57 PM) *
I still wish we hadn't sent Paloschi out on loan. he was not just a potentially good player, he was actually doing good.

+100. sad.gif

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 23 2009, 06:57 PM) *

I'd actually have wanted both of them to be one-club men. sleep.gif They had it in them, and seriously were playing Emersons and Brocchis as subs in every game, when those last 10~20 minutes should have gone to these players. Had it worked out, I think both should have been near ready for the starting XI by now!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 23 2009, 08:05 AM) *
+100. sad.gif

I'd actually have wanted both of them to be one-club men. sleep.gif They had it in them, and seriously were playing Emersons and Brocchis as subs in every game, when those last 10~20 minutes should have gone to these players. Had it worked out, I think both should have been near ready for the starting XI by now!

gotta <3 carlo and his fetish for 30+ aged players cool.gif
Ro Rossonera
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 22 2009, 03:17 PM) *
96.gif 96.gif 96.gif GOAL PALOSCHI in the 33rd. Just riding the offside line, got a through ball and slotted it neatly past the keeper. He even does the Pippo Face when he celebrates.

It was a very pippo-esque goal too.
Ro Rossonera
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 22 2009, 04:51 PM) *
Paloschi is clearly a favorite at the Tardini (it was a home game for Parma). The commentator referred to him as (direct translation) 'the little jewel'. He did quite well, not counting the goal.

The fans went nuts when he scored the goal...it was cool when he went over to the fans and was pounding on the safety glass. They were going nuts.
Jack Sparrow
Well...as I read it somewhere..Paloschi opted to go for loan, while Darmian refused..so there...
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie)
Paloschi is clearly a favorite at the Tardini. The commentator referred to him as (direct translation) 'the little jewel'.

Would that be something like "Gioiello Piccolo"?

QUOTE (Zed)

I'd rather have Paloschi gain some much-needed experience with another club, rather than waste away on the bench while not being thrown to the Serie A lions right away over here, therefore denting his confidence. You can tell he's enjoying where he is right now. Therefore, it works out for both parties.
Jack Sparrow
I agree with Miz. I think it's working out well. I was worried initially coz he didn't look to be playing a lot, but the Lucarelli fiasco has really worked out fine for him.

Another benefit is that our relationship with Parma is maintained. Since Paloschi seems to be playing a big role in getting them to the top half of the table. Next season I think Darmian should be loaned out as well.

Hopefully get in a CB, and we can extend Senderos's loan by a year (again hopefully) to make up the numbers. Do we bring in Paloschi back? Not sure. I think we should decide how Borriello is doing fitness wise...if he can't play any part this season, then he should be considered another Ambro-like case, and cover should be brought in.
il_diavolo_mtl
ii rate boriello above paloschi though, sorry
Ro Rossonera
Borriello has played what 7 games this season? The rest he's been out injured...he's far to much of a risk to be able to be counted on 100%. I would rather have Paloschi than an injured unable to play most of the season Borriello.

We need a striker that is tall, is good with his head and in the air, also not offside all the time. Not saying that Palo fits these qualities but still.
Tennie
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Feb 24 2009, 12:44 AM) *

It would indeed, Miz. Fishdoll is impressed by your language skills. 96.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 24 2009, 04:20 AM) *
It would indeed, Miz. Fishdoll is impressed by your language skills. 96.gif

I admit, I had help from an online translator, since I wasn't sure if Palo's nickname was one or two words. smile.gif
kurtsimonw
Is Paloschi's move a loan or co-ownership?
Fillipo Simone
Classic loan!!
Ro Rossonera
I thought it was a co-ownership?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 24 2009, 07:43 PM) *
Classic loan!!

Hopefully.

QUOTE (Ro Rossonera @ Feb 24 2009, 08:02 PM) *
I thought it was a co-ownership?

Hopefully not.
Ro Rossonera
2008 - Parma (co-ownership)

That's what it says on wiki
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 23 2009, 01:57 PM) *

I agree with Miz

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Feb 24 2009, 05:44 AM) *

I'd rather have Paloschi gain some much-needed experience with another club, rather than waste away on the bench while not being thrown to the Serie A lions right away over here, therefore denting his confidence. You can tell he's enjoying where he is right now. Therefore, it works out for both parties.

Paloschi needed experience. He was far too raw. A season playing as a regular will be good, then a season playing week in week out against Serie A opposition better. He needs to stay at Parma for another year

QUOTE (Ro Rossonera @ Feb 24 2009, 04:20 AM) *
The fans went nuts when he scored the goal...it was cool when he went over to the fans and was pounding on the safety glass. They were going nuts.

He is very popular with Crociati fans

QUOTE (Ro Rossonera @ Feb 24 2009, 08:20 PM) *
2008 - Parma (co-ownership)

That's what it says on wiki

I wouldnt rely on wikipedia, but he is co-owned by Parma
Bluesummers
yup co-owned. We can buy him anytime we wish for 3.5 i think... not really sure, something around that value.
Bluesummers
Alberto Paloschi Wants To Be Filippo Inzaghi's Heir At Milan
Co-owned by Parma and Milan, Paloschi holds hopes of returning to the San Siro to emulate 'Super Pippo'...

Alberto Paloschi burst onto the scene last season, scoring a winning goal in his first Serie A appearance for Milan.

The 19-year-old was deemed surplus to requirements this season and is now playing at Parma in a co-ownership deal. However, he admits he is likely to return to the San Siro in the future.

"Obviously my dream is to play at a big club like Milan, but [playing at] Parma is an important step," explained Paloschi to Tuttosport. "I want to win the Serie B championship and then perhaps I could play another year here."

The young star, who has scored five times during this campaign, admits he learned a great deal from Rossoneri team-mate Filippo Inzaghi and wants to follow in the veteran goal-scorer's footsteps.

"[Inzaghi] remains a tutor for me,” he explained. “He always [tells young strikers to] take the depth that the defenders give you. I did just that for my goal on Sunday; I found the right space and exploited a great pass [like Inzaghi often does]."

Paloschi is now a fixture in the Italy Under-21 side and is considered one of the greatest prospects in the country. 35-year-old Inzaghi has scored over 100 goals since joining Milan in 2001.

Bluesummers
Another year? F*** that bulls***. You aint going anywhere. Get rid of Sheva and boriello, buy another foreward and buy back our own product.
Bluesummers
Another year? F*** that bulls***. You aint going anywhere. Get rid of Sheva and boriello, buy another foreward and buy back our own product.
il_diavolo_mtl
to hate a young player you have clearly never seen perform (very well may i add) in boriello is to hate your parents for giving you life...

i read that on a fortune cookie once... wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 25 2009, 06:09 AM) *
i read that on a fortune cookie once...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Of course, you did.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 24 2009, 08:59 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Of course, you did.

lol true story... tongue.gif ... ...
acid911
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 25 2009, 07:28 AM) *
lol true story... ... ...

I believe you. biggrin.gif LOL.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 25 2009, 12:11 AM) *

That's a perspective,... cool.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Feb 24 2009, 07:09 PM) *
to hate a young player you have clearly never seen perform (very well may i add) in boriello is to hate your parents for giving you life...

i read that on a fortune cookie once... wink.gif

oh yeah 26/27 year old player. Real young whipper snapper. I mean hes got till 45 with us so no worries right. We'll leave him on the bench, hes too young to get playing time. Especially with inzaghi just entering his prime years.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 28 2009, 01:05 AM) *
oh yeah 26/27 year old player. Real young whipper snapper. I mean hes got till 45 with us so no worries right. We'll leave him on the bench, hes too young to get playing time. Especially with inzaghi just entering his prime years.

Well put!
Tennie

Today's game: Parma 4 - 1 Empoli

Young Alberto started the game and scored one of Parma's goals, right on the stroke of halftime.
Il Capitano
5 goals so far for young Alberto, if he keeps up the good work we might see him comeback.
TriniKing_CE
Forza Alberto!
Tennie
I think it's 7 goals this season? The one thing of note is that he's now preferred to start instead of Cristiano Lucarelli. THAT says something, as Lucarelli is hardly a bad striker. Unfortunately for Parma, Young Alberto picked up his fifth yellow at the weekend (dissent) and is suspended for the midweek game.
Ro Rossonera
Wow, why can't Milan realize how amazing he is? He could be Pippo's heir and we have him out on loan! We could have Pato and Paloschi right now terrorizing the defense of the opposing teams.

Obviously there is something there if he's knocked Cristiano Lucarelli down the pole
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Ro Rossonera @ Mar 16 2009, 02:11 PM) *
Wow, why can't Milan realize how amazing he is? He could be Pippo's heir and we have him out on loan! We could have Pato and Paloschi right now terrorizing the defense of the opposing teams.

Obviously there is something there if he's knocked Cristiano Lucarelli down the pole

First of all, Lucarelli is more-less a persona non grata at Parma. And secondly, Milan is realizing his potential. But it would be more then dreamy to expect Paloschi selected with Pippo, Pato, Sheva, Borriello and Ronaldinho, which all were avaible at season start. And 7 goals in Serie B still don't mean he'd "terrorize A-class defenses". Paloschi's deal is one of the more rational moves our management made.
Jack Sparrow
Have to agree with Pippo. I'm really happy with the way Paloschi's deal is progressing. Hopefully, he'll help Parma get promoted, and can have one proper season in the top flight. Unless of course, Parma decide to buy someone 'bigger' for Serie A. dry.gif
Bluesummers
Alberto Paloschi was born the year before Filippo Inzaghi’s professional debut. Many see the 19-year-old as Inzaghi’s natural replacement if and when he returns to the Rossoneri’s ranks, and Alberto himself has congratulated 'SuperPippo' on his 300 career goal .

The youngster told Il Corriere dello Sport, “I scored my first goal against Siena too, and I remember as a child, buying Inzaghi’s No. 9 shirt, whoever he was playing for.

“He is my idol because of the way he moves and is so aware of what is going on, sometimes it seems he isn’t on the pitch, but when it comes to it he is always there.

“I hope to do as well as him, who at 35-years-old just keeps getting better.

“I sent him a text message yesterday saying, ‘Well, you just break all the records don’t you’, but he did not answer because he must have received thousands.”

Parma currently lie third in Serie B and Paloschi says his first dream is to help them back into Serie A.

Soon we'll have him soon.... devil.gif

Another season with parma/ or another club and he'll return to us at 20.
dst
How can you say Paloschi should have stayed with us? Even if Wenger was our coach, the kid would not get half the playing time he gets at Parma. That would surely hold him back.

In any case, I don't see what the fuss is all about... Paloschi has done fairly good at Parma but what's so special about him?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 16 2009, 10:56 AM) *
How can you say Paloschi should have stayed with us? Even if Wenger was our coach, the kid would not get half the playing time he gets at Parma. That would surely hold him back.

In any case, I don't see what the fuss is all about... Paloschi has done fairly good at Parma but what's so special about him?

because he is amongst balotelli and giovinco in talent and potential. Or would you rather us invest in dentinho/keirrison/ guilherme who are better?

The only reason i like him is because he and darmian are very talented and we produced them and they want us. We should develop these kids not sell them or ruin them.

dst
I don't think Paloschi is anywhere near Balotelli or Giovinco in terms of quality.
amancik
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 17 2009, 02:18 AM) *
I don't think Paloschi is anywhere near Balotelli or Giovinco in terms of quality.

We do need a replacement for Inzaghi sooner or later, and you can't deny he's got the closest resemblance to Pippo in terms of movement, celebration, passion & style.

He may not possess the quality of Balotelli or Giovinco, but then again, when we speak of Pippo, do we speak of quality? I heard somewhere from someone saying Paloschi was born offside...hurm...don't know what's that about though...

dst
I get what you're saying. Paloschi could surely be Pippo's successor in Milan and the Italian NT but right now I don't think his displays warrant the fuss we've created around his name.
amancik
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 17 2009, 04:15 AM) *
I get what you're saying. Paloschi could surely be Pippo's successor in Milan and the Italian NT but right now I don't think his displays warrant the fuss we've created around his name.

not yet...
dst
QUOTE (amancik @ Mar 16 2009, 10:21 PM) *
not yet...

Well that's what I'm saying... tongue.gif
amancik
biggrin.gif yeah I know ... but I can't put my hopes too high on him to succeed though, he could turn out to be an average player after all...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.