Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paloschi
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Ro Rossonera
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 16 2009, 09:03 AM) *
First of all, Lucarelli is more-less a persona non grata at Parma. And secondly, Milan is realizing his potential. But it would be more then dreamy to expect Paloschi selected with Pippo, Pato, Sheva, Borriello and Ronaldinho, which all were avaible at season start. And 7 goals in Serie B still don't mean he'd "terrorize A-class defenses". Paloschi's deal is one of the more rational moves our management made.

I know that...but why couldn't it have been a loan deal? Now we have to buy back a player that was ours to begin with. I understand why he went on loan and everything.

Rational...now there's a word I didn't think I'd ever seen in a sentence describing Milan's management
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Ro Rossonera @ Mar 16 2009, 11:31 PM) *
I know that...but why couldn't it have been a loan deal? Now we have to buy back a player that was ours to begin with.

I've bought this up a few times, but nobody seems to agree with me..
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 16 2009, 11:57 PM) *
I've bought this up a few times, but nobody seems to agree with me..

I think its because we wont be paying his wages on co-ownership where as in a normal loan we'd pay in full smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Mar 17 2009, 12:11 AM) *
I think its because we wont be paying his wages on co-ownership where as in a normal loan we'd pay in full smile.gif

Not necessarily, those things are usually negotiated. I know when Villa loaned Erik Bakke we paid nothing at all for him, as we couldn't afford it. Though I suppose things could be different in Serie A/B.

Surely paying his wages for a year would be alot cheaper than buying him back anyway? I can't imagine Paloschi being on an awful lot of money.
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 17 2009, 12:46 PM) *
Not necessarily, those things are usually negotiated. I know when Villa loaned Erik Bakke we paid nothing at all for him, as we couldn't afford it. Though I suppose things could be different in Serie A/B.

Surely paying his wages for a year would be alot cheaper than buying him back anyway? I can't imagine Paloschi being on an awful lot of money.

yeah true , but every league differs and so do every team maybe there was a clause in the contract they made where he plays a number of games ....but this is just my speculation unsure.gif
Jack Sparrow
Co-ownerships usually go on for more than a year. So I think in the end it would work out. So Paloschi's a 3.5 million co-ownership. Assuming he's meant to be out for 2-3 years, I think it would work out to be pretty even.

Borriello was an anomaly. He was expected to flop, not do as well as he did. It was actually a pretty sound deal initially.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 16 2009, 09:15 PM) *
I get what you're saying. Paloschi could surely be Pippo's successor in Milan and the Italian NT but right now I don't think his displays warrant the fuss we've created around his name.

I think Paloschi has that born scorer mentality and feeling in him. I'm not suggesting anything by that, he easily could turn into a Nicola Amoruso rather then Paolo Rossi or Pippo Inzaghi. Giovinco is a different type of player and surely, right now in better form/more ability showing.

My point is, while strikers like Ibrahimovic, Balottelli, Giovinco usually "grow up" and "explode" with 23 or 24, players like Paloschi do a long-distance run and reach their maximum at 27 approx. The fuss is, that it is much harder to find and discover as a talent a Paloschi type of striker then the Giovinco ones.

Anyway, I don't feel like any special fuss has been created. We're just praising his recent form in Parma and debating when he should be included in our squad. Didn't sense any apologethic text. But considering the treatment players like Favalli, Pirlo, Ambrosini, etc. become here, maybe that praise can be described as Fuss.
Il Capitano
I think it was the right choice to loan out Paloschi. Whats the point of him sitting on our bench when he can play regularly at a team like Parma who are good at developing young players.
Tennie
So Paloschi is the guest footballer on tonight's Domenica Sportiva (it's a Sunday evening show RAI where a panel of experts go over the weekend's games. there's a studio audience and always a guest footballer or two).

He's in a suit and tie and looks really really nervous. Also looks like he's about 12.

So far, he's said he's an Inzaghi type striker (lots of jokes about it, it's well known Pippo is his idol) and he's said soem really nice things about Pato.
Ro Rossonera
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 29 2009, 10:01 PM) *
So Paloschi is the guest footballer on tonight's Domenica Sportiva (it's a Sunday evening show RAI where a panel of experts go over the weekend's games. there's a studio audience and always a guest footballer or two).

He's in a suit and tie and looks really really nervous. Also looks like he's about 12.

So far, he's said he's an Inzaghi type striker (lots of jokes about it, it's well known Pippo is his idol) and he's said soem really nice things about Pato.

I'm watching it too that's one of the things I noticed about him as well biggrin.gif
Tennie
So, Young Alberto has a Really Big Game tomorrow.

Parma play Bari at the San Nicolo.

Bari are in first place in Serie B, 4 points ahead of 2nd place Parma. There are a couple of injuries on both sides, but Paloschi is not one of them. He should start.

Should be a reasonably even match. It'll probably go a long way to deciding who wins the league.

Unfortunately, it's not televised here (rights issues, meh). Radio Norba is doing live commentary in Italian if you're really interested.
kizo
Bari vs Parma 0-2 at Halftime

Palo scored the second goal.

Bring him back NOW biggrin.gif
Ro Rossonera
I was wondering why my dad was shouting this morning...now I know sad.gif I wanted to watch it (I think it was playing on RAI, which is the Italian channel)
Tennie
Maybe he was swearing because RAI isn't showing it? There're rights issues with Bari home games (like Napoli last year). RAI showed Brescia-Piacenza at least here.

Paloschi is doing really well though - had 3-4 other good opportunities and has caused lots of trouble to the Bari defense.
Ro Rossonera
I don't know...maybe.

He yelled goal and woke me up. None of the Serie A teams are playing today...so I don't know what he was watching tongue.gif

I'll have to ask him.
Darunia
Bari 0-2 Parma
Parma conquered Bari in the top of the table showdown and are now just one point adrift of the leaders! The Galletti had won five and drawn one going into this game, but it was former Bari star Vantaggiato who opened the scoring at the end of a bizarre move. Gillet parried Vantaggiato’s shot, then Stellini’s goalline clearance denied Mariga and eventually Vantaggiato thumped under the crossbar from a tight angle. De Vezze and Guberti had chances to equalise, but Paloschi rose to nod in Zenoni’s cross from the right and double Parma’s advantage. Barreto’s slalom was cut short at the last moment and Lanzafame skimmed the woodwork going into the break. The Gialloblu would’ve gone 3-0 up had Gillet not batted away a Paloschi tap-in and Paci hit the bar. Parisi and Mariga went close, but Paloschi could’ve had a hat-trick in the closing stages.
Bluesummers
We could use him instead of sheva! But maybe another year at parma would be best.
mishie
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 5 2009, 01:10 AM) *
We could use him instead of sheva! But maybe another year at parma would be best.

well Parma will be in Serie A next season so i think it would be better to have back with us rather than with another team and i think he will get game time as well wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (mishie @ Apr 5 2009, 11:32 PM) *
well Parma will be in Serie A next season so i think it would be better to have back with us rather than with another team and i think he will get game time as well

+1. smile.gif Big up from me!
mishie
Alberto Paloschi (Parma): I campioni nelle grandi sfide si fanno sempre sentire e puntuale come un orologio svizzero l’attaccante gialloblù segna anche nel big match contro il Bari. Perfetto. (Voto Tuttosport 7)

Milannews.it
Tennie
Even though it was against Bari, it WAS a nice goal. The player rating is right. smile.gif Forza Alberto!
Tennie
For those who may be interested, Parma play Livorno this Saturday at 4pm Italy time. The game is being broadcast live on RAI-Italia (the RAI satellite station I get) so there are bound to be streams.
Tennie
If you can't find a stream for the Parma game, there's always the radio commentary. smile.gif Radio Bruono provides live match commentary (in Italian): link

Click on the little Parma icon after the words 'segui in diretta'.
Ro Rossonera
isn't the game on tomorrow?
Tennie
Yep, starts at 4pm Italy time as usual. smile.gif
Ro Rossonera
Ok I was just making sure.

There is bound to be some streams...I would check tomorrow, I've always been able to find streams...even the games that aren't shown on RAI.
Tennie
Parma's game IS on RAI this week. smile.gif

(Bari's isn't, sadly. So I'll be listening to that one on radio while I watch Parma's on telly. Fishdoll and I don't do streaming -- can't, actually, on dialup.)
Ro Rossonera
I'm so glad it's on Rai this week.

vahid
Livorno2 - 2Parma
Paloschi 86' cool.gif
Tennie
His was the goal that got the draw and it was a total poacher's goal. There was a scramble in the area, bunch of guys, the ball fell to Paloschi and he got it into the net.

Nice game, btw.
Zed.D
It's good to know we already have Inzaghi's replacement (if Pippo decides to retire before he's 40 years old, that is tongue.gif )
Ro Rossonera
He even celebrates like Pippo
Tennie
Paloschi scored Parma's second goal in their win today.smile.gif

Parma are still in second, 7 points ahead of 3d place Livorno and 3 points behind first place Bari.
whoarethepatriots
Oh Snap!

I forgot about Parma's game today, the Liverpool Arsenal insanity distracted me somewhat

Paloschi is racking up quite a decent scoring rate nowadays
dst
Super Palo! What's his record now?
whoarethepatriots
He has hit 3 in his last 3 for sure. I think in the second half of the season he has hit 1 goal per 2 games, but its from memory and i have no statistics to back it up
Tennie
I'm pretty sure he's into double figures at this point.

Don't forget he's also providing assists. There was a game about a month ago that he had assists for 2 of Parma's goals but didn't actually score himself.
Jack Sparrow
This is great. I hope Parma get promoted. Even otherwise, it would be super to have him loaned out to perhaps a bigger club than Parma in Serie A.

Maybe Cagliari or so, but they'd demand a co-ownership for sure.

I'm worried even Parma might demand a co-ownership to continue to have him play in Serie A. Either way, one more season in the top flight and he'll be ready. It would also perhaps be exactly the time Pippo hangs up his boots.
Ro Rossonera
He's already co-owned...isn't he?
Tennie
Yep, and the Parma owner has said they want to keep him.
Ro Rossonera
Well to bad! Milan better not let him slip away!
Jack Sparrow
He's hit 10 I think this season. In 30 or so appearances?? A lot of them as sub.
vahid
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 22 2009, 02:30 PM) *
Yep, and the Parma owner has said they want to keep him.

Genoa owner said that before for Borriello wink.gif
Tennie
Paloschi had an assist on one of Parma's 3 goals today. smile.gif Unfortunately, Parma drew 3-3 with Avellino (Willy Aubemeyang scored Avellino's first goal). Good game.
gal_kenny
I actually dreamt today that Paloschi became a WC player
Jack Sparrow
Aubameyang. king.gif

Sell Kaka...bring back Aubameyang!! It's harder to pronounce than Adebayor!
Ro Rossonera
^^ I don't like you anymore.

Anyone who advocates the sale of Kaka is on my bad side, for the rest of eternity tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
Bah..don't you know we can get anything we need if we sell Kaka? Basically we sell anything that's been good, but not as good recently..so we can get something we really really need!

Portikins hit upon this...and it's become a MF trademark.

Sell Kaka, reconstruct Dida's back.
Sell Kaka, settle Berlu's divorce
Sell Kaka, buy duct tape for Mourinho's mouth
Sell Kaka, get breast implant on dst.

....etc
We could sell Rino's knee, and get a breast implant for dst too.

So what would you sell?

And before the fishdoll yaps...NO...he can't sell my crappy sense of humour and buy Chiellini!!
Tennie
Can he sell your stock of rum and buy Chiellini?smile.gif
Ro Rossonera
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 7 2009, 11:48 AM) *
Can he sell your stock of rum and buy Chiellini?smile.gif

laugh2.gif thumbup.gif I like that idea!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.