Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alberto Gilardino
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
dst
I'm one of those that really have faith in him, I believe he is able to make it and become one of the greatest strikers ever here in Milan!!!! devil.gif

However every time he scores and I see this look in his face

it gets me really mad!!!He seems like he thinks he's the best in the world and that may be good for his morale but right now he's "just a Milan player"...I don't like this in players, he has still a lot to bear to be there among the best

Anyway, Good Luck Gila wink.gif

(image link taken from han2503's sig)
dst
Pippo is a special guy too!!!!

every time he scores and I see this

I think to myself: Oh my God he's running to his mama again crying out something like "why don't the other kids let me play with them" or "they took my candy away"!!!!
cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

... tongue.gif
KillerMax
Gila has one of the coolest celebrations man. He tells everyone to be quite(hand movement) and then plays the violin. It's really cool! biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 22 2006, 12:42 AM)
Gila has one of the coolest celebrations man. He tells everyone to be quite(hand movement) and then plays the violin. It's really cool! biggrin.gif

Yeah he never really did it that much hear at milan but I noticed him doing that a lot at Parma, he said that he was saving it for when he scores his first in the CL biggrin.gif

I have faith in him, everyone is criticising him on other forums because he was "invisable" in the both games and that he should be dropped but they fail to see that he is a box striker he can't dribble past defenders he is the young version of Pippo tongue.gif Everyone is saying that Toni works hard and everything but what did he do exactly, in the US game he was caught off side a million times (gattuso's goal did not count because he was off side, I personally don't think he was and think that that goal should have been counted but anyway) and in the ghana game the really good chance he got was from a gila pass so I don't know why everyone is gaining up on him at least he scored from one of the only chances that he got wereas Toni has scuffed his shots or completely missed them. I think everyone is only seeing his 30+ goals this season but not seeing that he isn't really in that much good form right know or he just can't handle the pressure that is being put on himsince every body expected him to score bag loads of goals

And as for the facial expression I don't think that he does it because he thinks that he is the best, even when he misses a really good chance you could see him do that so I think it's just a facial habit of his nothing more
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 21 2006, 11:40 PM)
(image link taken from han2503's sig)

Oh and BTW didn't you see my copyright on that image biggrin.gif tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 22 2006, 04:27 AM)
And as for the facial expression I don't think that he does it because he thinks that he is the best, even when he misses a really good chance you could see him do that so I think it's just a facial habit of his nothing more

So he's got a problem!!!we've got a paraplegic striker, how nice to learn that!!!!

... sleep.gif

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 22 2006, 04:29 AM)
Oh and BTW didn't you see my copyright on that image  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

sue me!!!!!!!!!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 22 2006, 07:41 AM)
So he's got a problem!!!we've got a paraplegic striker, how nice to learn that!!!!

... sleep.gif
sue me!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, I do have some faith left for him. Still...I kind off used to Pippo all these years, and I really like him. I was so happy for his comeback, and that WC goal against the Czechs. As for Gila...lets forget the goal celebration. He said more then once he loves Milan and it was his dream come true playing here. Maybe the first season was a blocade under too much pressure. I repeat this the XX time, I don´t belive in 21 year old striker stars. I like it the old way, the normal way, so that their star shines longer. Maybe exactlly this will eventually happen. But he did cost me many nerves this season, and to be honest, there is something so unsimpathic, clumsy, antipathic in him. And that causes much irritations in me mad.gif . Cannot quite explain that feeling but its there. I never know what is going to happen when he gets the ball. He has it, takes it too long, waits too long, then falls,...and nothing, no penalty, no free kick. Minimum effort. See, thats not Pippos case. He mostly falls then when the position is to difficult that it is very unlike to score.
berenike_10
Hey guys , nice to post a message again, i had the chance to see the game of milan against red star and i started to wonder if milan wasted quite some money in certain player, and remember this is my humble opinion, made out from waht i see in the football field.

inzaghi has 33 right ? and some how, or some way he keep scoring goals for milan, and as you can know.. its GOOD !, but i saw gilardino playing, and is not the same player that from time to time scored 4 goals in the same game for parma, the kid is not playing well, and he need way to much chances to score a goal, i dunno wich striker is arriving to milan, but at least im sure whom ever that striker migh be should be with pippo not with gilardino at the front, he needs more to to get mature , and if he playing like that he'll finish in other club , but milan.
florenti1
I thought about it too
Still i think Gila has great potential He show it at Parma
He just didnt adapt to MILAN style
But we should keep him
I remember the first year or two of Crespo in Parma with coach Ancelloti
He was miserable but Carlo had confidence in him and Crespo started to play at his true level
With Gila could hapened the same
berenike_10
QUOTE (florenti1 @ Aug 23 2006, 02:42 AM)
I thought about it too
Still i think Gila has great potential He show it at Parma
He just didnt adapt to MILAN style
But we should keep him
I remember the first year or two of Crespo in Parma with coach Ancelloti
He was miserable but Carlo had confidence in him and Crespo started to play at his true level
With Gila could hapened the same

Let's hope so.... rolleyes.gif
amancik
he is not a waste ... but he doesn't worth 17 million though ... but you know what, i think he just need to work on his movement off the ball and have some composure ... everytime he gets a clear chance in front of goal ... he rushes as if he has no time to shoot

however, his assists and contribution to the team is good enough reason for me to say that he's important
dst
QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 23 2006, 12:41 PM)
he is not a waste ... but he doesn't worth 17 million though ... but you know what, i think he just need to work on his movement off the ball and have some composure ... everytime he gets a clear chance in front of goal ... he rushes as if he has no time to shoot

however, his assists and contribution to the team is good enough reason for me to say that he's important

exactly!!!
the rushing thing is just what characterizes Gila!!!

But I have faith in him ... He'll play much better!!! devil.gif
m1ke
QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 23 2006, 09:41 AM)
he is not a waste ... but he doesn't worth 17 million though ...

I agree. But, we know he can score goals, and he did pretty well last season with 17. I'm hoping for more this time round - he just needs to break his CL duck!
han2503
No Gila is definately not a waste, as dst and amancik said I think he rushes too much and in the CL I think he is starting to lose more of his composure by every game that goas by. He had 2 chances alone in front of the keeper and in both of them he shot straight at him, even though he was offside both times he still shot at the keeper.

But you can't deny the contribution he makes, he makes a lot of assists and gets in good positions.

I think that he is way too unlucky especially in the CL, last season he hit the post at least 5 times in the CL alone, and in yesterday's game in our first goal both him and Pippo where free to head it in, but Pippo was the one that was on the side that the cross came in from and in our second goal when Kaka was making that run into the box he was free in front of goal without the keeper in it, Kaka didn't pass to him because the players and the keeper crowded him so he had to make the pass back to Seedorf.

I have faith that once he breaks his duck he won't stop scoring goals
acluda
lighten up on Gila, he is still tired from his eventful summer, or does everyone forget that? last night he would have scored the first goal if inzaghi didnt lunge at the ball, he was in a perfect position. The guy is a talent, no doubt, FORZA GILA!!!
X-Offender
I agree, Gila was a great signing. He's our future.
aaron
i like him he's not selfish soon he will shine again
GULLIVER
QUOTE (aaron @ Aug 23 2006, 09:09 PM)

Best point here. Thanks.

He is not selfish as Inzaghi, or who is supposed to come - like Ronaldo..
amancik
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 23 2006, 05:25 PM)
I think that he is way too unlucky especially in the CL, last season he hit the post at least 5 times in the CL alone 

is he unlucky or cursed?
dudernahata
QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 24 2006, 01:05 AM)
is he unlucky or cursed?

hopefully he is unlucky.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (aaron @ Aug 23 2006, 08:09 PM)

Yes he isn't selfish at all ..

But apart from that .. ?

I think he just isn't over the idea that he made it on to a BIG club and it's putting alot of pressure on him .. ( this would be my alibi for him )

But seriouslly, this is Milan, only the best play here .. Gila ( has that in his CV that he is capable, but ... ) isn't showing me what he showed his Parma supporters.

I don't think time is a factor, he just has to start scoring or Silvio won't be as effectionate as he might seem ..

He is an in-the-box striker and scoring is his only job; for assists we have Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo, etc .. He could make one or two assists, but that isn't why he plays up front cool.gif

Simply put, he has to score w/ no exceptions
leone1899
I still think Gila is our future
All we need that's a little patience
dst
For those who believe in him and for those who don't ... this is the place to talk about the new 'box boy'

So...

All Gila Talk In Here!!!
dst
LEADING MAN FOR MILAN
9/15/2006 12:49:00 PM

There is no doubt that Alberto Gilardino is the leading man through the centre for Milan. He will be out to score against his old side again on Sunday.

Carlo Ancelotti had no doubts about Alberto Gilardino when he spoke after Milan's Champions League win over AEK Athens where the striker had remained on the banch. The coach said: 'What can I say about Gilardino? He's a great striker and he will score goals this season.' It is an important week for the striker who has been coming off a busy period at club and international level and now all he is missing is a goal to get the season off and running.

Sunday's match against his old side Parma could be the ideal time to find the back of the net. Gila scored in the same fixture last season after joining Milan the previous summer. It was also in the second game of last year that the Italy international opened his account for the club in the match at Sampdoria and no doubt he will be looking to do the same at the Tardini stadium.

acmilan.com
misha
No problem with Gilardino

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani says there is no problem with striker Alberto Gilardino despite rumours of a spat.
Reports in the Italian papers suggested that the 24-year-old was angered by boss Carlo Ancelotti's decision to leave him on the bench for the midweek Champions League clash with AEK Athens. 

The former Parma star watched from the sidelines as his team-mates cruised to a 3-0 success over the Greek outfit and speculation in the media suggested that he was upset at being left out of Milan's opening salvo in the group stage of Europe's top club competition. 
Galliani played down the reports and revealed that the reason for his absence from the starting line-up was the tough itinerary ahead for the Milan giants. 
"Gilardino will play on Sunday, this is all planned," he said. "We have 24 good players on our side so the coach is forced to choose every time, but our men know when their turn will come. 
link
Jack Sparrow
I'm all for the lad...go Gila
KillerMax
Look at sig. smile.gif
LaPalma
I think this might be the key season for Gila. After this one we'll know if he'll be a world class striker in 1 or 2 years, or one of those guys that by some reason never used their entire talent...
I surely hope and think it'll be the first option wink.gif
hashkal
IMO hes good CF. worth the money.

But Milan are'nt using him to his full potential. Parma had a gd tactical setup to rely on every ball to find him Gila needs to re-create some of his craftness with Milan.
GULLIVER
The guy needs to be used more. And he showed last year what he's capeable of. So let him play, and i'm much sure he'll prove our expectations
han2503
QUOTE (hashkal @ Sep 15 2006, 08:27 PM)
IMO hes good CF. worth the money.

But Milan are'nt using him to his full potential. Parma had a gd tactical setup to rely on every ball to find him Gila needs to re-create some of his craftness with Milan.

Exactly. When he played for Parma, the team was built around his strengths and that's why he scored a lot. When he came to Milan it was a totally different tactical system to that of Parma which was mostly suited towards focusing on Sheva's strengths. That's why I think he struggled a bit last season. But even so he still managed to pound in 17 goals.
Fillipo Simone
Maybe you are right. But simply said, Gila has to adapt to the Milan tactic, not Milan to Gila. Parma is a team that can afford the degradation of building the whole tactic around one player. Milan not. If he is extra class, he`ll have to adapt. But his age is a big plus. It tells us there is time.. rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 16 2006, 04:58 PM)
Maybe you are right. But simply said, Gila has to adapt to the Milan tactic, not Milan to Gila. Parma is a team that can afford the degradation of building the whole tactic around one player. Milan not. If he is extra class, he`ll have to adapt. But his age is a big plus. It tells us there is time..  rolleyes.gif

Yes you're right, but what i was trying to point out is that it is difficuilt for a player to adapt to a whole new system after he has been playing in one that is practically made for him.

And yes there is still time for him to develop, I can even see him turn into a forward some day, because he has the smarts and creative flair that box-strikers don't usually have. But for now a box-striker is what he is and we can't expect him to play as a forward, which is what he would be TRYING to play as when next to Pippo
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 16 2006, 07:58 PM)
Maybe you are right. But simply said, Gila has to adapt to the Milan tactic, not Milan to Gila. Parma is a team that can afford the degradation of building the whole tactic around one player. Milan not. If he is extra class, he`ll have to adapt. But his age is a big plus. It tells us there is time..  rolleyes.gif

Gilardino is very young .. He has all the time in the world for him prove something, but personally Milan doesn't/can't wait for him to rediscover the real Gila ..

It's his second season .. He should be well adapted by now .. I don't want to make comparisons with our other new signings and how they related to the team, cz that would be harsh. I guess 17 goals in one season is good for a striker, but for a Milan striker 17 goals in one season should be an average scoring record plus getting on the mark a couple of times in the CL.

Well, what can I do but wait till he adapts/not adapt with the Milan system; what can I do about it sad.gif
llsiamakll
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 17 2006, 04:24 PM)
Gilardino is very young .. He has all the time in the world for him prove something, but personally Milan doesn't/can't wait for him to rediscover the real Gila ..

It's his second season .. He should be well adapted by now .. I don't want to make comparisons with our other new signings and how they related to the team, cz that would be harsh. I guess 17 goals in one season is good for a striker, but for a Milan striker 17 goals in one season should be an average scoring record plus getting on the mark a couple of times in the CL.

Well, what can I do but wait till he adapts/not adapt with the Milan system; what can I do about it sad.gif

Well I agree that Gila has adapt to milan system and he's kinda young so there is hope, But most of all I think he needs to NOT aim at the bars and posts. Somebody has to teach this kid that they won't count a goal until the ball gets in the goal/passes the line. Plus I think he's too nice sometimes, he'd pass the ball where he could score!!! In addition, Since Sheva left everyone expect a lot more from Gila. two words "he needs to score"!!! Does anyone know for how long he's gonna be out b/c of the forehead injury????
X-Offender
QUOTE (llsiamakll @ Sep 19 2006, 07:28 PM)
Does anyone know for how long he's gonna be out b/c of the forehead injury????

He should be back against Lille next Wednesday.
dst
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 19 2006, 10:56 PM)
He should be back against Lille next Wednesday.

I think the doctor said he'll return in training tomorrow so he might even be ready for the game against Livorno. But still Ancelotti will probably not risk using him!!!
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 19 2006, 09:09 PM)
I think the doctor said he'll return in training tomorrow so he might even be ready for the game against Livorno. But still Ancelotti will probably not risk using him!!!

No, I read somewhere he won't be available for Livorno.
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 19 2006, 08:09 PM)

Which is a good idea, because we shouldn't risk that he'd be away too long!
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 20 2006, 12:40 AM)
Which is a good idea, because we shouldn't risk that he'd be away too long!

definetely ...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (llsiamakll @ Sep 19 2006, 09:28 PM)
Well I agree that Gila has adapt to milan system and he's kinda young so there is hope, But most of all I think he needs to NOT aim at the bars and posts. Somebody has to teach this kid that they won't count a goal until the ball gets in the goal/passes the line.  Plus I think he's too nice sometimes, he'd pass the ball where he could score!!! In addition, Since Sheva left everyone expect a lot more from Gila. two words "he needs to score"!!! Does anyone know for how long he's gonna be out b/c of the forehead injury????

Applaus, but shhh keep it quite, some ppl in here wont hear of it tongue.gif

Let's give him a chance since it's the beginning of the season, as I do share ur point of view, still it's unfair to criticize him since it's only the start of the season. king.gif
dst
Well I know what you're saying Rossoneri7; since his job is to score goals and he doesn't then he's not doing his job well ...

But that's not the complete truth/whole picture here; he's paid to do many more things on the field and he did that excellently last season and doing it well so far in this one and that's the reason he's getting a contract extension!!!!

For all I know most people think Pininfarina has designed all Ferrari cars but the man's been dead for more than half a century ... it's simple; for one name on the scoreboard more than one people have worked ... sounds like bad poetry but it is true. Gila is playing well and awarded for it whether we can see it or not!!! smile.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 20 2006, 03:27 AM)
Well I know what you're saying Rossoneri7; since his job is to score goals and he doesn't then he's not doing his job well ...

But that's not the complete truth/whole picture here; he's paid to do many more things on the field and he did that excellently last season and doing it well so far in this one and that's the reason he's getting a contract extension!!!!

For all I know most people think Pininfarina has designed all Ferrari cars but the man's been dead for more than half a century ... it's simple; for one name on the scoreboard more than one people have worked ... sounds like bad poetry but it is true. Gila is playing well and awarded for it whether we can see it or not!!! smile.gif

Hehe .. although I promised to shut up tongue.gif , I really do get you and I am thankful for his assits, but we have 3 playmakers on the field for that wink.gif Someone said something about him being the most cosistent striker in Serie A for the past three seasons .. That he is, and all I want is for him to live up to that, we'll see how it goes for him king.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 20 2006, 03:37 AM)
Hehe .. although I promised to shut up  tongue.gif , I really do get you and I am thankful for his assits, but we have 3 playmakers on the field for that wink.gif Someone said something about him being the most cosistent striker in Serie A for the past three seasons .. That he is, and all I want is for him to live up to that, we'll see how it goes for him king.gif

ofcourse I'm not saying that him scoring no goals is OK ... but his game is more complete than possibly every other striker's in Serie A!!!

We'll see!!! laugh.gif
MilanGilafan
I think Gila is a wonderful player, a great striker, and he's young, he just needs time before scoring again.
We just have to be patient, I believe in him, I'm sure he's going to score great goals this season again.
And anyway, as Pippo said, even when he's not scoring he still plays an important role in the team.

I hope he'll play soon, Sunday or at least next tuesday, and that he's going to score a great goal, just to show he's a great player to those who start criticizing him !

Go Gila, go ! devilsmiley.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (MilanGilafan @ Sep 20 2006, 07:28 AM)
I think Gila is a wonderful player, a great striker, and he's young, he just needs time before scoring again.
We just have to be patient, I believe in him, I'm sure he's going to score great goals this season again.
And anyway, as Pippo said, even when he's not scoring he still plays an important role in the team.

I hope he'll play soon, Sunday or at least next tuesday, and that he's going to score a great goal, just to show he's a great player to those who start criticizing him !

Go Gila, go !  devilsmiley.gif

Never seen you before, Welcome!!! smile.gif
MilanGilafan
Thanks biggrin.gif
dst
Gilardino feels Milan faith
Saturday 30 September, 2006

Alberto Gilardino has thanked Milan for renewing his contract until 2011 in a time when he’s struggling for goals.

“I am very happy and this is a great sign of confidence in my abilities and my future,” said the hitman.

Gilardino completed a £17m move from Parma in the summer of 2005 and scored 17 goals in his first season, going on to win the World Cup with Italy, but he is yet to find the back of the net this term.

“This contract is confirmation that I made the right choice by coming here to Milan,” added the 24-year-old.

“I’ll give everything I can to repay the club for its faith in me. This signature gives me the necessary push to get over this difficult moment in which I haven’t been able to score.”

Football Italia
Rossoneri7
“I’ll give everything I can to repay the club for its faith in me. This signature gives me the necessary push to get over this difficult moment in which I haven’t been able to score.”

Your days r numbered .. You have till mid-season !!!

rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
dst
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don drops Cassano and Gila
Sunday 1 October, 2006

Roberto Donadoni has dropped Alberto Gilardino and Antonio Cassano, but recalled Luca Toni and Alex Del Piero against Ukraine and Georgia.

The return of the two World Cup winners – along with Vincenzo Iaquinta and the previously suspended Marco Materazzi – was expected, but Real Madrid starlet Cassano had impressed in the 1-1 draw with Lithuania.

Gilardino is yet to hit the back of the net for Milan this season, although his header hit the woodwork today, but it was still a surprise to see him dropped completely.

The new face is that of Lazio midfielder Stefano Mauri, while David Di Michele, Antonio Di Natale and Sampdoria’s Gennaro Del Vecchio retain their spots.

The Coach was originally set to unveil the list this afternoon, but delayed the announcement until he could receive news on Fabio Grosso’s muscular injury suffered during Inter’s 1-1 draw at Cagliari. It is not a serious problem and he is in the side.

The Azzurri desperately need points after a 1-1 draw with Lithuania and 3-1 defeat in France, so their chances of reaching the tournament depend on these next two games.

Andriy Shevchenko’s Ukraine – who were defeated 3-0 by Marcello Lippi’s men on their way to the World Cup triumph this summer – play at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome on October 7.

The trip to Tbilisi to take on Georgia will take place on October 11. The Italy team will unite at the Coverciano training ground on Monday.

Goalkeepers: Abbiati (Torino), Amelia (Livorno), Buffon (Juventus)

Defenders: Barzagli (Palermo), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Grosso (Inter), Materazzi (Inter), Nesta (Milan), Oddo (Lazio), Pasqual (Fiorentina), Zaccardo (Palermo), Zambrotta (Barcelona)

Midfielders: Camoranesi (Juventus), Del Vecchio (Sampdoria), De Rossi (Roma), Gattuso (Milan), Mauri (Lazio), Perrotta (Roma), Pirlo (Milan)

Forwards: Del Piero (Juventus), Di Michele (Palermo), Di Natale (Udinese), Iaquinta (Udinese), Inzaghi (Milan), Toni (Fiorentina)

Football Italia
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.