Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winter Transfers 2011
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Jack Bauer
All talk about the Winter transfer window.

So, what moves should Milan do to further improve the squad? Who to sell? Take into consideration that we might want to buy a player that will be eligible to play in the knockout stage of the Champios League.
Tennie
A fullback with good teeth would be nice.
X-Offender
OUT: Onyewu, Oddo, Jankulovski.

IN: what Fishdoll said.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 31 2010, 06:26 PM) *
A fullback with good teeth would be nice.

+1
d'Arc.LP
Let's see how our season goes by then. I wouldn't mind a RB.
RinoIlCapitano
Pastore for the midfield !! Would be nice!!
Jack Bauer
We are still interested in Andrea Poli and might buy him in January or next summer.

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=33330
Tennie
Poli's an interesting young player. Wouldn't mind him.
Warchant
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 31 2010, 05:30 PM) *
OUT: Onyewu, Oddo, Jankulovski.

IN: what Fishdoll said.

i still don't see why this board is so judgmental about onyewu when he's 0 time to prove his worth

on what bases should he be simply let go?
kurtsimonw
He made Jay DeMerit look good at the World Cup.
Darunia
He was just coming back from a serious knee injury as well..
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Warchant @ Sep 1 2010, 03:35 AM) *
i still don't see why this board is so judgmental about onyewu when he's 0 time to prove his worth

Because he is awful....it's like playing Oddo as CB.

I prefer Albertazzi , Bonera etc over him.
han2503
QUOTE (Warchant @ Sep 1 2010, 03:35 AM) *

Because he had a terrible WC, but having said that I'm sure most people seem to have blocked the fact that he hadn't played for an entire season out of their memories. Which is unfair imo.

The reason we brought him in was because of a really good Confed Cup showing, where he was arguably the US's best defender.
elcordobez
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 1 2010, 07:13 PM) *
Because he had a terrible WC, but having said that I'm sure most people seem to have blocked the fact that he hadn't played for an entire season out of their memories. Which is unfair imo.

The reason we brought him in was because of a really good Confed Cup showing, where he was arguably the US's best defender.

+ he was free

Injury or not he just seems a tad clumsy 'tis all.
acid911
I've got better odds of me becoming the next US President, than Pastore joining us (and that too in the next winter window). Yeah, it's that bad. sad.gif Poli, I'll take, should be a great buy. And oh, a quality RB. And hopefully we get a chance to offload a couple of other dead weights.
Tennie
According to tuttomercatoweb, Milan have loaned out Cristian Daminuta to L'Aquila. Daminuta's one of the 3 kids we bought from inert over the summer. link

They also report that Sebastian Coates will arrive in January, not this window. link

d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Warchant @ Sep 1 2010, 02:35 AM) *

+1
RinoIlCapitano
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 1 2010, 11:14 AM) *
I've got better odds of me becoming the next US President, than Pastore joining us (and that too in the next winter window). Yeah, it's that bad. sad.gif

You really think so? Why?
acid911
QUOTE (RinoIlCapitano @ Sep 1 2010, 07:21 PM) *
You really think so? Why?

This guy. Maurizio Zamparini practically hates Milan. dry.gif And besides when was the last time a Pelermo player joined our club. I too would like to see Pastore playing along our mids, but chances of that happening are very, very slim. Unless something drastic happens, like Palermo finishing 10th or something like that.
Tennie
According to transfermarkt.de (Lapalma, are these guys legit?) Milan spent a total of 9 million during the summer transfer market.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ac-milan...s/verein_5.html
RinoIlCapitano
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 1 2010, 02:31 PM) *

This guy. Maurizio Zamparini practically hates Milan. dry.gif And besides when was the last time a Pelermo player joined our club. I too would like to see Pastore playing along our mids, but chances of that happening are very, very slim. Unless something drastic happens, like Palermo finishing 10th or something like that.

Yes i know that but also Galiani hated Mino Raiola for Ibras inter transfer and later they clear that up and he helped us a lot this summer, maybe zamparini will change his mind biggrin.gif , it would be nice because i think pastore is a great player.
acid911
QUOTE (RinoIlCapitano @ Sep 1 2010, 08:32 PM) *
Yes i know that but also Galiani hated Mino Raiola for Ibras inter transfer and later they clear that up and he helped us a lot this summer, maybe zamparini will change his mind, it would be nice because i think pastore is a great player.

Yes, I think he's a great signing too, so who knows, maybe things will pan out. cool.gif He's one of those good young midfielders playing in Italy, both creative and physically strong.
RinoIlCapitano
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 1 2010, 04:37 PM) *
Yes, I think he's a great signing too, so who knows, maybe things will pan out. cool.gif He's one of those good young midfielders playing in Italy, both creative and physically strong.

And the second one i think is great is Srna, he is awesome and he finally need to prove himself i a great team and which one is better then Milan biggrin.gif ? What i like the most in Srna is his abillity to hit the man on 50-60m without any problem and that could be good for our new signings. So for me pastore and srna, great winter transfers but i also think that this is unlikely to happen.
acid911
True, Pastore and Srna both would be great signings. smile.gif Then again, I've got a feeling after our spending spree, the board will look to give chance to our youth players, and transition them to the first team. Both our current ones, and the new ones we signed in this window.

I would know better than to get my hopes high, as good prospects these guys seem!
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Warchant @ Sep 1 2010, 05:35 AM) *

Seems like he won't get the chance to prove himself. He's not included in the CL aquad and his appearance in Serie A is not likely since he's fifth in the CB hierarchy. It might be better for him to find a club that is more to his standard.
MizNelson
Isn't it a little early to be talking about the winter transfers? That's way off into next year, and, for cripes' sake, the summer one ended less than 24 hours ago.

(Isn't Onyewu playing with us for free this season, anyway?)
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Sep 2 2010, 12:40 AM) *

Everyone seems to think that, but I originally read he would play for free his last season by his renewed contract (got extended w/1 year and I thiught that (last) one was for free, but I seriously have no clue which season is for free now).
anano1214
i want ramos in milan sad.gif((
mishie
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Sep 2 2010, 12:40 AM) *
Isn't it a little early to be talking about the winter transfers? That's way off into next year, and, for cripes' sake, the summer one ended less than 24 hours ago.

Agreed we haven't even seen the summer signings play yet but now its all about even more new player...jeez you guys are intense!! lol

As for Onyewu he should be paying us to be here not the other way round....he's awful!
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 3 2010, 12:34 AM) *
Agreed we haven't even seen the summer signings play yet but now its all about even more new player...jeez you guys are intense!! lol

When one window closes another one opens 96.gif
Dracoris
I would hope our management is already looking ahead to the winter transfer window and the next summer window. Good management should already have a plan for the 2012 Summer Window.
RinoIlCapitano
QUOTE (anano1214 @ Sep 2 2010, 08:50 PM) *
i want ramos in milan sad.gif((

A good signing but he is so overrated , he is good but not as much as a lot of people thinks...
kurtsimonw
Really? He's the best defender in the World, in my opinion. I'd even go as far as saying he's the only defender in World football who is top class at both full back and CB.
abanovac
WE NEED A GOOD YOUNG WINGER / CENTRE MIDFIELDER
seedorf and ambrosini just arent good enough anymore
what formation will play will determine which of these two players are necessary
han2503
QUOTE (abanovac @ Sep 3 2010, 07:42 AM) *
WE NEED A GOOD YOUNG WINGER / CENTRE MIDFIELDER
seedorf and ambrosini just arent good enough anymore
what formation will play will determine which of these two players are necessary

Imo, this season, Flamini should be eased in as the regular DM over Ambro. Ambo is not eternal and imo Flamini needs to become our regular by next season.

As for Seedorf, Boateng is an alternative, but there aren't many real replacements available that could do what Seedorf does
Rossoneri7
Its reported that Montolivio is not considering renewing his contract with the Viola ... What do you guys think ?
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 3 2010, 04:46 PM) *
Its reported that Montolivio is not considering renewing his contract with the Viola ... What do you guys think ?

I say swoop in. He does tend to disappear in the big games, but I'm sure Milan can beat that out of him.

I really like his style of play, he's obviously no Pirlo, but there never will be anyone like him. Montolivo has the postential to be really great. But he can only go so far with Fiorentina.

I say go in for the kill now that he's having second thoughts about renewing with Fiorentina. He's an easy target.
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 3 2010, 10:14 PM) *
I really like his style of play, he's obviously no Pirlo, but there never will be anyone like him. Montolivo has the postential to be really great. But he can only go so far with Fiorentina.

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif It's potential, damn it! dry.gif Mind the spealings, will ya? tongue.gif

As for Pirlo and whether there would anyone be like him, well I believe there will be. Now if that players comes along in the next ten years or hundred, that is the question. And you Montolivo would be a good buy, but I am not sure the board has it in them to make him come, seeing that our mid is still packed (with 4 players that will potentially retire within a couple of years of each other). Let's see, though.
alskor
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 3 2010, 01:14 PM) *
I say swoop in. He does tend to disappear in the big games, but I'm sure Milan can beat that out of him.

I say go in for the kill now that he's having second thoughts about renewing with Fiorentina. He's an easy target.

Yeah, Montolivo would be a perfect fit.

He's a great Pirlo backup and we can even play him alongside, similar to when Milan played Rui Costa, young Pirlo and Seedorf all on the field at once as creative mids.
X-Offender
Montolivo is a not a big team player. He would fail miserably at Milan, like Gilardino.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 3 2010, 10:35 AM) *
Imo, this season, Flamini should be eased in as the regular DM over Ambro. Ambo is not eternal and imo Flamini needs to become our regular by next season.

Ambrosini plays better than Flamini, so it doesn't make sense to start someone else over him, because someone else should be a regular next season. Why not start Papastathopoulos over Nesta also? Sooner or later Sokratis and Silva will be our central defense. If you find that suggestion BS, then your post is BS too. Also, it's not sure Flamini will still be a Milan player next season, and surely it's not sure he should be a starter next season, probably, but you just want to give it to him?

Ambrosini played an awesome first match of the season, after being awesome last season, and then you come with this? I don't understand...
X-Offender
I'm with CHU-LIP. At the moment, Ambrosini > Flamini, big time.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 3 2010, 09:32 PM) *
Ambrosini plays better than Flamini, so it doesn't make sense to start someone else over him, because someone else should be a regular next season. Why not start Papastathopoulos over Nesta also? Sooner or later Sokratis and Silva will be our central defense. If you find that suggestion BS, then your post is BS too. Also, it's not sure Flamini will still be a Milan player next season, and surely it's not sure he should be a starter next season, probably, but you just want to give it to him?

Ambrosini played an awesome first match of the season, after being awesome last season, and then you come with this? I don't understand...

The gap between Flamini and Ambro is not big, especially when both are in form. As for Nesta and Sokratis, yes that would happen in the future. But there is a big difference between Sokratis and Flamini, Flamini is experianced, has played for a big team and imo is more then ready to be a regular.

Ambro played a great first game, but it was Lecce, he barely moved a muscle and was winning balls with his eyes closed, but let's wait until we meet a really fast attacking team before we start saying that Flamini is no competition for him.

Ambro is 33, and he'll be 34 next season. He cannot keep playing over 30 matches a season especially not as the main DM. Last season he was great, until January that is when he was burnt out completely because of having to play every game. Imo this season him and Flamini should be rotated regularly, we have the luxary of having 2 great DMs yet we only use one until he can barely run anymore. I think Allergi will rotate them a lot, considering he was the one who really wanted to keep Flamini.

It's not just "giving" it to him, that's why I said 'eased' into the starting position. This would be done by rotating them on a regular basis. And by next season Flamini would be the starter (provided he plays well this season), but still having Ambro to rotate with.

You think Ambro will be a reliable DM 2 seasons from now? When he's 35? He won't be able to keep up. And Flamini knows that he could be a starter at another team that has CL football, he won't want to stick around, so then we'll be stuck with an Ambro who is simply out of his depth and no backup, so we'll have to buy another DM, instead of spending that money on other areas.

Also you can't really compare Nesta to Ambro, Nesta is a very intelligent defender, that doesn't really need speed, because he reads the game so well, on the other hand, Ambro is a very physical player, and is the only holding guy in the midfield, so the workload is worse on him.

@ X-off, atm there is a gap between Ambro and Flamini, but it's not big. Flamini's only problems is his irrational tackling. The only thing Ambro really kicks his @ss at is the areal ability
Ry4n
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 3 2010, 08:46 PM) *

Bring him in on a loan to buy basis i say or even co-ownership deal , there by if he fails which i don't think he will but if does we won't lose money selling him if he's flopped and i'd play him in Pirlo's role i dont think he'll ever be as good as Pirlo as Han said theres only one Pirlo but he could learn alot from him if he was brought in in January , but if you ask me do we need another Mid fielder or a fullback i'd go with the fullback for now....
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 4 2010, 08:09 AM) *
The only thing Ambro really kicks his @ss at is the areal ability

Nonsense. Ambrosini is very good in a lot of things. Why can't you see that? He showed it more than obvious in the first half against Lecce, just to give a recent example. (It's only Lecce? Okay, he showed it also against Real. And the list goes on and on.)

And now you come with that burn out stuff again. That's why Ambrosini needs to play less often than last season when he played almost every minute. Some sort of rotation is needed, but for sure he needs to be our regular DM, since he is our best DM.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 4 2010, 12:12 PM) *
That is BS. Ambrosini is very good in a lot of things. Why can't you see that? He showed it more than obvious in the first half against Lecce, just to give a recent example.

It's only Lecce? Okay, he showed it also against Real. And the list goes on and on.

And now you come with that burn out stuff again. That's why Ambrosini needs to play less often than last season when he played almost every minute. Some sort of rotation is needed, but for sure he needs to be our regular DM, since he is our best DM.

Yes it's only against Lecce. Against Real last season it was still early in the season, which again points to my earlier comments regarding the need for regular rotation. But look at his Man U and Inter performances, all those occasions he got trampled on, thus we lose the midfield, which results in us losing the game. Point to me other big games last season that Ambro dominated the midfield, especially ones later in the season...

I didn't say Ambro couldn't do anything but head the ball rolleyes.gif I said that the only thing he really kicks Flamini's @ss at is that attribute. Both are decent ball passers, have a good tackle, Ambro might be stronger physically but Flamini is faster. Imo their pros and cons balance eachother out. And if Allegri is as smart as I think he is he will use both to his advantage, thus playing the appropriate DM in the appropriate game.

Lecce let Pirlo and Ambro have a field day in the midfield. And my point isn't really saying that Ambro is not good enough to play the big games. My point is to rotate him and Flamini effectively, thus not burning either of them out. Last season Ambro's biggest problem was that he was dead tired by the time we reached January, and it will happen again this season if he's constantly played, especially when we're playing 2 games a week. Thus Flamini getting ready to be a regular in the future. I don't know why you're being so defensive about it. It's only natural that this will happen, Ambro cannot keep playing constantly, especially not at his age and in the position he plays, and whether the player who replaces him is Flamini or someone else, it has to happen eventually.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 4 2010, 12:30 PM) *
I said that the only thing he really kicks Flamini's @ss at is that attribute.

Nonsense too. He tackles better, better vision, better concentration, mentally he is miles ahead, etc etc...

The whole team was awful against Inter. Unbelievable you mention this. (And you think of the 2nd match he played as defender against ManU also, right?) In the big games Ambrosini is usually awesome, and I don't see Flamini doing the same.

We agree about some sort of rotation, but you fail to rate/compare him/them correctly IMO, and find BS reasons to make him look less good.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 4 2010, 12:46 PM) *
Nonsense too. He tackles better, better vision, better concentration, mentally he is miles ahead, etc etc...

The whole team was awful against Inter. Unbelievable you mention this. (And you think of the 2nd match he played as defender against ManU also, right?) In the big games Ambrosini is usually awesome, and I don't see Flamini doing the same.

We agree about some sort of rotation, but you fail to rate/compare him/them correctly IMO, and find BS reasons to make him look less good.

That's your oppinion. To say mine is nonsense is ridiculous just because I don't agree with you rolleyes.gif

I wasn't thinking about that Inter game but the second. And against Man U (both games) he got overrun in the midfield, second leg against Man U he only played the second half as a defender, the first half he was in the midfield and one of our worsth players. Why? Because he lost his form due to over playing. Notice all those games mentioned being in the later part of the season. Also I don't see how this is me trying to make Ambro look bad rolleyes.gif In fact it's more Leo's fault for not playing Flamini more and keeping Ambro in better fitness, thus retaining his excellent form for longer...
CHU-LIP
I agree about Ambrosini playing some bad games late in the season since he got over played. I disagree about your way of comparing Ambrosini and Flamini though, which does make him less good than he is IMO. You said he was only aerial better, while you forgot maybe the most important thing: he is mentally far better also. And then still we are forgetting things. As DM is he obvious better.
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 4 2010, 01:08 PM) *
In fact it's more Leo's fault for not playing Flamini more and keeping Ambro in better fitness, thus retaining his excellent form for longer...

Agreed.
Dracoris
Ambro is definitely better, but its a necessity Flamini gets some solid playing time this year. Ambro got very tired around January and it was glaringly obvious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.