Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milanfan v2
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > Milanfan > Announcements
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 2 2007, 03:16 PM)
Why dont we just go without them

Good idea. But we should still have a system that determines a person's reputation which won't be based on post count. But by other users voting. I think they do that in Maxxxed out forums.
BoomAM
Keep it how it is imo.
It works.
All of the other methods do little more but serve as a popularity contest. With the people being the most active getting the most rep.
Having a post count is fine. If it bothers people, get rid of it completely, and just have the usernames instead.
The sooner people learn that post counts mean nothing the better.
/rant
arivanjj
QUOTE (BoomAM @ Mar 3 2007, 10:28 AM)
Keep it how it is imo.
It works.
All of the other methods do little more but serve as a popularity contest. With the people being the most active getting the most rep.
Having a post count is fine. If it bothers people, get rid of it completely, and just have the usernames instead.
The sooner people learn that post counts mean nothing the better.
/rant

agree!

on another note, i think it was Portugal that suggested a little flag next to the user name would be nice! smile.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 3 2007, 02:32 AM)
agree!

on another note, i think it was Portugal that suggested a little flag next to the user name would be nice! smile.gif

... And Triumph the insult dog taking a "poop" next to that flag laugh.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 3 2007, 10:39 AM)
... And Triumph the insult dog taking a "poop" next to that flag  laugh.gif

laugh.gif yeah that'll be for the ones that misbehave!
Milan Are Brilliant
End the whole post discussion! Think I have wound people up by suggesting to get rid of it, didn't know it was that important...

Still we live and learn wink.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 3 2007, 12:32 AM)
agree!

So that he doesn't think everyone on this forum is german? biggrin.gif

People post rubbish to boost their post count? laugh.gif Wow... That $hit is nerdy as hell... I joke around on the forum a lot, but that's just to have fun with other members and have a laugh... I don't take this community seriously... It's a place to talk about Milan and have some fun for me... It's not school of Milan or something with some strict policies on how to behave....

Totally agreed!
Portman
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 5 2007, 12:27 PM)
So that he doesn't think everyone on this forum is german? biggrin.gif

Bingo. wink.gif
Bluesummers
post counts mean nothing to me. I enjoy reading others oppinions and reflecting on them occaisonally then writing a bunch of spam inorder to say i'm the most active. I check the forums everyday tbh, but i dont post everyday. One's oppinion is not meant to be expressed on every discussion. I like the debates that go on in the forum and its exciting. Better yet, where else do you get comedy and news at the same time tongue.gif
m1ke
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 9 2007, 06:18 AM)
post counts mean nothing to me.  I enjoy reading others oppinions and reflecting on them occaisonally then writing a bunch of spam inorder to say i'm the most active.  I check the forums everyday tbh, but i dont post everyday.  One's oppinion is not meant to be expressed on every discussion.  I like the debates that go on in the forum and its exciting.  Better yet, where else do you get comedy and news at the same time tongue.gif

Nice post. I agree 100% king.gif
Bluesummers
Mike i dont know if this has been suggested, but i would really appreciate it if you would implement a java chat, so we could talk on the forums and on the chat.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 13 2007, 01:13 AM)
Mike i dont know if this has been suggested, but i would really appreciate it if you would implement a java chat, so we could talk on the forums and on the chat.

There is one in the top right 'Live Chat', unfortunately it doesn't seem to get used much.
Dano
Out of curiosity is there a specific month in which we can expect v2? I know it says summer, but I’d just like to know if there’s an exact date or month.

Also, will the Forum get a refresh as well as the site?

Thanks
Rossoneri7
U got bored of this one on ur 2nd post rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Mee Lahn Fan @ Mar 14 2007, 10:28 AM)
Out of curiosity is there a specific month in which we can expect v2? I know it says summer, but I’d just like to know if there’s an exact date or month.

Also, will the Forum get a refresh as well as the site?

Thanks

The day after we signed 10R. cool.gif [m1ke can confirm this wink.gif ]

And yes. Forum will get a refresh too.
m1ke
QUOTE (Portugal @ Mar 14 2007, 12:00 PM)
[m1ke can confirm this  wink.gif ]

R10 will be waiting with a pair of scissors - ready to cut the red (and black) tape! devilsmiley.gif
Portman
Well... I dunno if it's there any logo for v2 but it would be nice if we had some St. George's flag reference on it. It's in Milan logo and it's one of the symbols of Milano.

dst
^

Nice idea!

Maybe a crest or something.
Portman
This is more like a suggestion but I dunno where to fit it.

MILAN 2007/08 STATS menu:
Ex:
SERIE A MATCHDAY 1:

Milan 2-0 Atalanta

1st Goal: Ronaldo | Assist: Kaka'
2nd Goal: Gilardino | Assist: Oddo

And obviously we'll have the Table of the TOTALS where you'd see:

GOALS 2007/08
Ronaldo 1
Gilardino 1

ASSISTS 2007/08
Kaka' 1
Oddo 1

FOR ALL THE MATCHES WE PLAY... updated every single week.

We can make this a FEATURE on v2 OR simply a thread in the forum (I could take care of that).

What do ya think? If so... on the webbie or on the forums?
misha
^^ Good suggestion. It should be on the website. Some other sites are doing that
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 26 2007, 11:21 PM)
This is more like a suggestion but I dunno where to fit it.

MILAN 2007/08 STATS menu:
Ex:
FOR ALL THE MATCHES WE PLAY... updated every single week.

We can make this a FEATURE on v2 OR simply a thread in the forum (I could take care of that).

What do ya think? If so... on the webbie or on the forums?

Yeah good idea, not sure how hard or easy it will be to implement mind and to keep easily updated! I guess it's a database and some server sided code that would do it!
m1ke
Either (a webpage or a thread) would be pretty simple to do - and it was something that's been thrown around before. I like the idea (apart from maintaining it like Ash mentioned). If we can work something out I think it'll be great.
arivanjj
maybe larger avatar size???
dst
QUOTE (arivanjj @ May 15 2007, 03:41 PM)
maybe larger avatar size???

So that you can fit Ronaldo in??? laugh.gif

(I'm sorry but you asked for it! tongue.gif )
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ May 15 2007, 02:16 PM)
So that you can fit Ronaldo in???  laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ May 15 2007, 07:16 AM)

Damn you! laugh.gif laugh.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ May 15 2007, 11:16 PM)

Bluesummers
So mike have you decided an actual date of release yet, or is it just gonna be at a random time during the night. So you can surprise milan fans in the morning when we all check the forum.
arivanjj
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ May 16 2007, 02:48 PM)
So mike have you decided an actual date of release yet, or is it just gonna be at a random time during the night.  So you can surprise milan fans in the morning when we all check the forum.

i'll be the first one to see it tongue.gif unsure.gif
Portman
I think the name of the project should be changed to: "EU Champs v7". cool.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Porty @ May 23 2007, 05:05 PM)
I think the name of the project should be changed to: "EU Champs v7".  cool.gif

Yeah i like the sound of that! devil.gif
Jack Sparrow
When is it coming....I can hardly wait...will the forum look different??
Portman
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 28 2007, 11:33 AM)
When is it coming....I can hardly wait...will the forum look different??

Of course.
Rossoneri7
I don't know if this is a good idea, but http://goal.com/en/RssCustomStep1.aspx

An RSS feed from Goal.com.

We could have a section in v2 just for news on football, so we would be able to get everything from the forum smile.gif
arivanjj
i know i might not get an answer for this... but umm.. any date set for v2? goodheart.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jun 23 2007, 05:28 AM)
i know i might not get an answer for this... but umm.. any date set for v2? goodheart.gif

The day we sign Ronaldinho wink.gif biggrin.gif ...

unsure.gif
m1ke
I class the end of summer as the end of the transfer window - so I've got 66 days left! devil.gif
dst
I just hope the devil.gif is not just to hide the cry.gif !!!

... biggrin.gif

It's simple as that; if Milan do make a great signing nobody's you'll have no pressure... but if we do not... be prepared for the worst! tongue.gif

Just do it good mate, that's all I care about! wink.gif
Portman
QUOTE (m1ke @ Jun 26 2007, 08:59 PM)
I class the end of summer as the end of the transfer window - so I've got 66 days left! devil.gif

OK. So... let's wait until in Xmas. wink.gif
m1ke
Hah! Good point...
KillerMax
I have some suggestions for you m1ke to contemplate. It would be great to have new and improved user profiles with new tools and a friendlier interface. I was thinking of implementing a blog system for users and the ability to comment on them. Gives ranting a new edge and it would let us to get to know each other better. Badges would also be a nice touch, given to the member award winners. I understand that some of these may require more time to accomplish, but they are ideas and you can consider them.
m1ke
Good suggestions! You'll be happy to know that both of them have already been done wink.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (m1ke @ Jul 5 2007, 05:10 PM)
Good suggestions! You'll be happy to know that both of them have already been done wink.gif

Great then. smile.gif
arivanjj
Good Stuff!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
xcube
hi guys smile.gif

thanx m1ke for ur offer to re-design this website as porty said why u dont make it black and Red which shows the true color of the Rossoneri as i saw in other milan sites there is a good thing one of them did it that in the main page when a new player sign for milan they make a section introducing the player and give the viewers a informations about the player. i hope i add new idea to the new website and i wish u good luck smile.gif

FORZA MILAN smile.gif
Tennie
I'd like to make a request though it may already be done: for those of us (like me) who aren't very tech-savvy, it'd be nice to have a bigger selection of default icons or an easier way of making our own icons.
dst
The old forum threads will not be lost... I guess! unsure.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 18 2007, 10:21 AM)

All your posts will be lost tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 18 2007, 12:25 PM)
All your posts will be lost tongue.gif

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! V2 Abort!!!

... biggrin.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 18 2007, 10:21 AM)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.