Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [NT] National Team competitions
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
Fishdoll
Here from the FIGC is Prandelli's first call up list for the Azzurri friendly against Ivory Coast (the game's Wed. Aug 10 at Upton Park):

Portieri: Marchetti (Cagliari), Sirigu (Palermo), Viviano (Bologna);
Difensori: Antonini (Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Bonucci (Juventus), Cassani (Palermo), Chiellini (Juventus), Lucchini (Sampdoria), Molinaro (Stoccarda), Motta (Juventus);
Centrocampisti: De Rossi (Roma), Lazzari (Cagliari), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Palombo (Sampdoria), Pepe (Juventus);
Attaccanti: Amauri (Juventus), Balotelli (Inter), Borriello (Milan), Cassano (Sampdoria), Quagliarella (Napoli), Rossi (Villarreal).

Lots of new names in there, including Antonini.

No Pirlo (first time in ages for that). And both problem children (Cassano and Balotelli) are included.
Dracoris
Im so happy for Antonini, I feel like a Father sending his kid off to college.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Aug 6 2010, 06:05 PM) *
Im so happy for Antonini, I feel like a Father sending his kid off to college.

lol, he's already 28 years old
Dracoris
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 6 2010, 01:07 PM) *
lol, he's already 28 years old

I feel like a father watching his kid graduate from med school?
Dracoris
CIV 1- ITA 0

Despite the loss I think this Italian team looks head over heels better than their WC counterparts. I really like this team....and I really like Rossi. If you add some of the big names to the roster that we're missing (i.e. Pirlo) they could be really solid.

Fishdoll
Only if they stop fielding all-gobbi backlines - who were again at fault for the goal (both cbs and motta at fault for the goal conceded).

That said, Prandelli's Azzurri get a fins up. At least they're generally enjoyable to watch. And +1 cookie.gif each to the two problem children (Cassano and Balotelli) who not only sang the anthem full out but who also both played rather well.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 10 2010, 10:42 PM) *
Only if they stop fielding all-gobbi backlines - who were again at fault for the goal (both cbs and motta at fault for the goal conceded).

That said, Prandelli's Azzurri get a fins up. At least they're generally enjoyable to watch. And +1 cookie.gif each to the two problem children (Cassano and Balotelli) who not only sang the anthem full out but who also both played rather well.

You'd kinda expect at least Cassano to sing the anthem though, wouldn't you?
elcordobez
Anyone watching Brazil v USA?

Pato and Silva both starting
elcordobez
Pato goal!

2 - 0

Fishdoll

This fish also rather likes Neymar. He has spiky hair! 96.gif
Linkman
Told ya, didn't I?
Dracoris
I admit, I cheered when Pato scored. I couldn't help it!
Zed.D
LINK! LINK!

EDIT: I hope he always wears the #9 wub.gif the heir to Ronaldo!
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 11 2010, 08:13 AM) *
LINK! LINK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6zMaLuxNcE...player_embedded

This?
Zed.D
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Aug 11 2010, 08:29 AM) *
I admit, I cheered when Pato scored. I couldn't help it!

You're a true Rossonero!

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 11 2010, 12:47 PM) *

Thanks, it's better than the one I saw. anyone got a link to.. say.. HD quality video of Pato's goal?! innocent.gif
Fishdoll
This fish also rather liked the Benfica defender with the fluffy hair, David Luiz. (mediaset thinks he may go to Chelsea).

All in all both Milan players had good games but there was a moment of concern when I saw Pato (after he'd been subbed) appearing to have an ice bag on his leg. Anyone else see that?
Fishdoll
Ireland NT coach Giovanni Trappatoni had surgery this morning (they thought it was food poisoning, turned out to be scar tissue from a previous operation causing the pain). Assistant Marco Tardelli will coach Ireland against the Argies tonight. (from espn, eurosport, etc)

[For those of you not up on your history, Il Trap - aside from being awesome for soundbytes in interviews - is a former Milan star who played on the team that won two european cups in the 60s along with Cesare Maldini and Gianni Rivera. Tardelli....former gobbo but scored what's probably my favorite world cup goal in 1982.]
kurtsimonw
Scotland 2-0 down to Sweden at HT. Oh noes!

England Team vs Hungary

Hart

Johnson - Jagielka - Terry - Cole

Lampard - Barry

Walcott - Gerrard -Johnson

Rooney

Subs: Fielding, Loach, Dawson, Cahill, Gibbs, Milner, Young, Wilshire, Zamora, Carlton Cole.

No booing as the team came out, well done to the fans.
Fishdoll
But how full is Wembley?

kurtsimonw
About 70k.
Fishdoll
Thomas Hitzlsperger scores for Germany (v. Denmark.)
kurtsimonw
Young finally gets a chance under Capello, so what's this make him, your 10th? 11th? favourite winger, despite being the best winger in the Premier League? Very strange.
kurtsimonw
Mexico lead Spain. Hernandez with the goal, if it's the same Hernandez that United signed he's having a superb pre-season.
Fishdoll
I'm pretty sure it is. He looked good at the weekend.

Denmark-Germany now 2-2.
kurtsimonw
Dawson mistakes lead to a great chance from Hungary after a deflection off Jagielka and.. despite the ball not going over the line, the French linesman gives the goal.

You couldn't write the story of the English team any better.
kurtsimonw
"Wayne Rooney has been replaced by James Milner of.. Aston Villa, I think." **** off ITV.
kurtsimonw
Cracker from Stevie G.

EDIT: Jesus Christ. Great little ball from Ashley Young, then Gerrard takes on a few players in the box and finishes superbly, what an incredible goal.
Fishdoll
cookie.gif cookie.gif to Norway's NT for defeating France today. 96.gif

EDIT: And David Silva saved a dire Spain from embarrassment with a goal in injury time at the Azteca. FT Mexico 1-1 Spain.
servbot
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 11 2010, 04:37 PM) *
cookie.gif cookie.gif to Norway's NT for defeating France today. 96.gif

EDIT: And David Silva saved a dire Spain from embarrassment with a goal in injury time at the Azteca. FT Mexico 1-1 Spain.

Not easy to win there, even for powerhouse teams.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (servbot @ Aug 12 2010, 12:23 AM) *
Not easy to win there, even for powerhouse teams.

You've got a point, Ullevåll is a fortress as long as Olsen is in charge...
vahid
QUOTE (elcordobez @ Aug 11 2010, 12:03 AM) *
Pato and Silva both starting

Thiago Silva vs. USA
MizNelson
PARIS -- Nicolas Anelka scoffed at his 18-match suspension from France's national football team, saying it has him "dying of laughter."

The French Football Federation suspended the Chelsea striker Tuesday for his profane tirade against France's then-coach Raymond Domenech at the World Cup. Anelka was sent home from South Africa, prompting a player strike.

"These people are real clowns ... I'm dying of laughter," the report quoted Anelka.

The 18-match ban is expected to last for nearly two years, meaning that by the time he's again eligible to play for "Les Bleus," Anelka will be 33 and unlikely to be recalled.

"Who said I wanted to play again in blue?" he asked, adding that "for me, after the World Cup in South Africa, the French team is now history."

All 23 players on France's World Cup squad boycotted a training session in South Africa to protest Anelka's expulsion after he insulted Domenech during a 2-0 loss to Mexico.

The French federation summoned the five players who played a leading role in the boycott to a hearing Tuesday. Anelka and Franck Ribery didn't attend and sent lawyers instead.

Ribery, who was vice captain at the World Cup, was prevented from traveling to the hearing by his club, Bayern Munich, before the team's opening Bundesliga match on Friday.

The French federation's disciplinary commission handed former captain Patrice Evra a five-match ban, Ribery a three-match ban and Jeremy Toulalan a one-match suspension. The players can appeal.

Eric Abidal, the fifth player summoned to the four-hour hearing, wasn't punished.

(ESPN)
Tennie
(from acmilan.com)

Italy's call ups for the upcoming national team games:

ITALIA: L'ELENCO DEI 23 CONVOCATI DI PRANDELLI
28/08/2010
MILANO - Ecco l'elenco completo dei 23 Azzurri convocati dal CT Cesare Prandelli:
Portieri: Mirante (Parma ), Sirigu (Palermo), Viviano (Bologna);
Difensori: Antonelli (Parma), Bonucci (Juventus), Bovo (Palermo), Cassani (Palermo), Chiellini (Juventus), De Silvestri (Fiorentina), Gastaldello (Sampdoria), Molinaro (VfB Stoccarda);
Centrocampisti: De Rossi (Roma), Lazzari (Cagliari), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Palombo (Sampdoria), Pirlo (Milan);
Attaccanti: Cassano (Sampdoria), Gilardino (Fiorentina), Pazzini (Sampdoria), Pepe (Juventus), Quagliarella (Juventus), Rossi (Villareal).

Pirlo the only one called up from Milan.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 28 2010, 05:58 PM) *
(from acmilan.com)

Italy's call ups for the upcoming national team games:

Pirlo the only one called up from Milan.

Molinaro and Antonelli before Antonini ?

This is not looking good Cesare.
X-Offender
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 28 2010, 07:01 PM) *
Molinaro and Antonelli before Antonini ?

This is not looking good Cesare.

+1
Tennie
(from uefa.com) link

UEFA rules against vuvuzela use

UEFA has decided that vuvuzelas – the trumpet that came to prominence during the 2010 FIFA World Cup – may not be brought into stadiums at UEFA competition matches.

UEFA rules against vuvuzela useUEFA has decided that vuvuzelas – the trumpet that came to prominence during the 2010 FIFA World Cup – may not be brought into stadiums at UEFA competition matches. Read more
UEFA has decided that vuvuzelas – the trumpet that came to prominence at games during this summer's FIFA World Cup in South Africa – may not be brought into stadiums at matches in UEFA competitions.

European football's governing body has informed its 53 member associations that it has taken the move for reasons related to Europe's football culture and tradition, saying that the atmosphere at matches would be changed by the sound of the vuvuzela.

The World Cup was characterised by the vuvuzela's widespread and permanent use in the stands. In the specific context of South Africa, the vuvuzela adds a touch of local flavour and folklore, but UEFA feels that the instrument's widespread use would not be appropriate in Europe, where a continuous loud background noise would be emphasised.

The magic of football consists of the two-way exchange of emotions between the pitch and the stands, where the public can transmit a full range of feelings to the players. However, UEFA is of the view that the vuvuzelas would completely change the atmosphere, drowning supporter emotions and detracting from the experience of the game.

To avoid the risk of these negative effects in the stadiums where UEFA competitions are played and to protect the culture and tradition of football in Europe – singing, chanting etc. – UEFA has decided with immediate effect that vuvuzelas will not be allowed in the stadiums where UEFA competitions matches are played.

UEFA's associations have been instructed to take all necessary operational measures, and to instruct their clubs concerned to do the same in all UEFA club competitions in which they participate.

cry.gif cry.gif THOSE MEANIEHEADS!
X-Offender
Romania 1-1 Albania

Great result by our side (that is, Albania).
Jack Bauer
Belarus beat France in Frace ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
kurtsimonw
4-0. I'll take it, decent enough performance and good result.
Ry4n
I wish the referee in the england game could referee every game it was so refreshing to see him let the game be free flowing without calling on little fouls rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
Ugly win for Italy. They were playing rather well before Estonia scored though.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 4 2010, 12:46 AM) *
Ugly win for Italy. They were playing rather well before Estonia scored though.

Pirlo assisted one of the goals.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 3 2010, 11:57 PM) *
Pirlo assisted one of the goals.

Well, both of them came from his corners.
Jack Bauer
Portugal couldn't beat Cyprus at home 4:4

A lot of surprising results today.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Sep 3 2010, 10:38 PM) *
I wish the referee in the england game could referee every game it was so refreshing to see him let the game be free flowing without calling on little fouls rolleyes.gif

Yeah, he wasn't to bad at all.

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 3 2010, 11:48 PM) *

A lot of surprising results today.

ohmy.gif

That is a bit of a shocker. Portugal were so good defensively at the World Cup too.
acid911
Our friendly neighborhood Huntelaar scored a hat trick today. sleepysmiley03.gif Granted it was against San Marino, but hey who's looking, three goals are all that count.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 3 2010, 03:48 PM) *

What's more embarrassing: that Portugal didn't win or the fact that they conceded four goals from a minnow squad at home?
X-Offender
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Sep 4 2010, 11:01 AM) *
What's more embarrassing: that Portugal didn't win or the fact that they conceded four goals from a minnow squad at home?

I'd say the second.
han2503
Hopefully Pirlo doesn't play the full game against the Faroe Islands. They don't really need him, and we're about to begin a long stretch of a grueling schedule with 2 matches practically every week.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 4 2010, 03:27 PM) *
Hopefully Pirlo doesn't play the full game against the Faroe Islands. They don't really need him, and we're about to begin a long stretch of a grueling schedule with 2 matches practically every week.

He'll play, and I don't think Allegri should play him against Cesena. My midfield for that game would be Boateng-Seedorf-Ambrosini.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.