Full Version: Thiago Silva
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Fillipo Simone
Well, you almost always have a bad feeling, don't you tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 21 2012, 10:55 AM) *
Well, you almost always have a bad feeling, don't you tongue.gif

It's mostly an expectation with this Club. It's basically a broken record of events every summer.

We've seen this in the past with Kaka and Sheva. Now we're about to see it with Ibra and Thiago.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 21 2012, 06:15 PM) *
It's mostly an expectation with this Club. It's basically a broken record of events every summer.

We've seen this in the past with Kaka and Sheva. Now we're about to see it with Ibra and Thiago.

I'm not that sure - there's a big difference you choose to forget. When we sold Kaka and Shevchenko we cashed in, while the buyer lost because both were heading down. Thiago still is hungry with us and he still hasn't reached his peak. That's why he'll stay.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 21 2012, 07:15 PM) *

I truely believe this club has a good structure all around. However, the political and economical system in Italy is forcing us into selling. The following factors, imo, contribute to it:
- taxes
- government ownership of stadiums
- tv rights distribution
- international coverage
- local economy hurts season ticket sales
- amongst others ..

Inevitably, we also have to endure the fact that the EPL and Bundesliga have far surpassed us in all counts stated above, and more.

That has put us at a disadvantage, we can't provide what those two leagues can in monetary value. Our main catch is the 'Milan Family' cushion. Which, in terms of bringing in the top crop of football doesn't hold its weight.

That being said, and as much as Shevchenko's departure hurt .. We have always been taken care of. Sure we dont dominate as Barcelona and are not as well equipt as Madrid, but we can tussle with Europe's best. And the bookies don't think otherwise in that regard. Hence, Kaka leaves we get Ronaldinho, he leaves we get Ibra. Pato leaves we get Tevez.

That last part was meant as a joke

X-Offender
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 21 2012, 06:49 PM) *
That last part was meant as a joke

Although it might become true. tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 21 2012, 05:49 PM) *
- tv rights distribution

I think the top Italian clubs get more than the top English clubs. Since Serie A's is more like the La Liga system, rather than the sharing it out like the EPL.

According to this anyway:

han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 21 2012, 05:04 PM) *
I think the top Italian clubs get more than the top English clubs. Since Serie A's is more like the La Liga system, rather than the sharing it out like the EPL.

According to this anyway:

That system has changed. Rights are collectively sold in Italy these days
kurtsimonw
Oh okay, that's good.
Rossoneri7
Mancini's trip to Via Turati was apparently to inquire about Silva.
Zed.D
Thiago Silva: 'Milan need to spend'
By Football Italia staff

Thiago Silva has joined Zlatan Ibrahimovic in demanding new signings. “To win, Milan need quality reinforcements.”

Ibra raised eyebrows this week on international duty in Sweden when he stated the Rossoneri had “no money” to buy the five top players they need this summer.

Riccardo Montolivo and Bakaye Traoré have arrived, but they were free transfers from Fiorentina and Nancy.

“Ibra and I want the same thing, which is for Milan to win,” the Brazilian told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“This season it was so-so, therefore to win we need quality reinforcements...”

However, the defender linked with Manchester City and Barcelona has shot down transfer rumours.

“This club is my home. I feel great and have been embraced here. Adriano Galliani said it clearly: ‘You are not for sale, you’re not leaving here.’

“I was pleased to have it confirmed that I am fundamental for this team. I want to stay here and I dream of becoming a ‘bandiera’ for the club like Alessandro Nesta was. I don’t see where the problem is...

“Before going on international duty with Brazil, I spoke to Galliani. He made me feel important and told me to relax on my future. I am perfectly relaxed.

“Could I become captain one day? It would be fantastic and I’d be ready for that.”

Thiago Silva missed the last two months of the season due to muscular problems, but has recovered and played in a friendly against Denmark.

“I am in good shape and played well. I couldn’t wait to get back on to the field. The injury was my fault, as the Coach and fitness staff did not rush my recovery. I wanted to play against Roma at all costs, despite the fact I was not in the best condition, and I hurt myself badly.

“Going back, I would not make the same decision and maybe our season might’ve been different.”

Many look to losing Thiago Silva as the key moment in Milan’s season, as they were without their star defender in the Champions League quarter-final with Barcelona and the closing stages of the Scudetto race.

“To say I have regrets is an understatement. I am still furious at how things went and ask myself how it was possible to lose a Scudetto that way. We had a four-point advantage and finished up four points behind Juventus.

“We’ll make up for it next season. Right now I want to win the Olympics with Brazil, then the Champions League would be the ultimate.”
milanbuf88
Fuckin class. I love his passion. I love his play. I'd be proud to call him captain. I
want him to lead this new generation to greatness.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ May 27 2012, 07:49 PM) *
Fuckin class. I love his passion. I love his play. I'd be proud to call him captain. I
want him to lead this new generation to greatness.

+1 king.gif
William405
Milan legend Franco Baresi has identified Thiago Silva as his natural successor in the Milan defence.

Baresi, who was voted the Rossoneri’s Player of the Century in 1999, spent his entire 20-year playing career with the San Siro outfit as an influential member of their defence.

With Alessandro Nesta having left Milan this summer, Baresi has talked up Silva’s chances of being the next in line to take a leading role as both he and Nesta once did for the club.

“I hope he is my heir,” began Baresi to Folha de Sao Paulo. “I would like him to stay at Milan for several years. He’s a player who has proven he has great qualities and that he is important for the future of Milan.

“It’s difficult to identify where he can still improve. He has already proven to have everything.”

king.gif
Jack Sparrow
Thiago Silva has officially extended his contract till June 30th 2017. His new contract puts him on 6 million a season. So now only Ibra earns more. smile.gif

Well...it seems fair. 6 million was the most I would have given actually.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 2 2012, 06:10 PM) *
Thiago Silva has officially extended his contract till June 30th 2017. His new contract puts him on 6 million a season. So now only Ibra earns more. smile.gif

Well...it seems fair. 6 million was the most I would have given actually.

You always were stingy, weren't you 96.gif

tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
Hey...them bunga bunga parties ain't cheap!!
X-Offender
Great! king.gif
Bluesummers
6 is pretty good for a defender. Usually 7 to 8 is the max they earn.

dst
He has earned it as he has developed into one of the best players (I know I underlined that but just to be sure: not just defenders) in Europe in my view. His contribution is huge.
kurtsimonw
A World class summer signing. /Galliani.
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 3 2012, 02:15 AM) *
His contribution is huge.

Agreed. Let's just hope he can nudge it up a notch or two this season. smile.gif And stay as injury-free as possible.
Zed.D
sleep.gif

Good bye and good luck. I had high hopes for you with Milan but they ruined it.
han2503
cry.gif cry.gif
acid911
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 3 2012, 11:18 AM) *
Agreed. Let's just hope he can nudge it up a notch or two this season. And stay as injury-free as possible.

My, how time changes. sad.gif sad.gif Oh, how time changes?! So long, Thiago.
X-Offender
The best defender in the world, gone. If there was one player in this team I would have never let go, it was Thiago. Farewell, champion. You were played like a fool as the rest of the fans by this incompetent and pathetic management. Good luck with everything!
TriniKing_CE
Like so many before, you are no longer with us, but you contributions will not be forgotten!

A class player - Thank you for giving us your all and good luck! king.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 14 2012, 03:20 PM) *
The best defender in the world, gone. If there was one player in this team I would have never let go, it was Thiago. Farewell, champion. You were played like a fool as the rest of the fans by this incompetent and pathetic management. Good luck with everything!

+ infinity!

Great Post.
X-Offender
I can't believe PSG signed an unproven youngster like Pastore for €42 million, whilst we are selling them the best defender in the world for the same price! I would have never let him go for anything below €50 million. Galliani, you incompetent tw@t!
Zed.D
Zampa > Galliani
CrazyMilanFan
sad.gif sad.gif
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 15 2012, 12:28 AM) *
I can't believe PSG signed an unproven youngster like Pastore for €42 million, whilst we are selling them the best defender in the world for the same price! I would have never let him go for anything below €50 million. Galliani, you incompetent tw@t!

What I said in the transfers thread. sleep.gif The freak wanted a bundle deal more than anything so that we can offload Ibra too. And yet, we don't even know that, for what it's worth Ibra may still move to City. Anyway, even €60 million wouldn't have been an unreachable figure, but anything below €50 million is sheer stupidity.
KillerMax
Someone.. move... puhleez cry.gif
Jack Sparrow
Moved. Feeling completely weird about this one.
acid911
And just like that, it's move. cry.gif Just like that.
William405
He is one of the few players I've watched day in day out in Milan.I remember his rise,how Nesta was a leader to him,and feeling that he was going to be our next captain for years to come when wearing the armband.It may be that Milan's faith in Brazilians helped him grow as we really had trust in this guy...Sokratis for example would be benched upon a mistake.It really sucks to see him leave,and I just can't sink it in yet...
Fillipo Simone
He was leader material.

Now we have a squad without world class (apart from Ibra that is, who's also leaving) and no real leadership material for the future.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 14 2012, 08:40 PM) *
He was leader material.

Now we have a squad without world class (apart from Ibra that is, who's also leaving) and no real leadership material for the future.

Ain't that the truth! sleep.gif

An awesome building block for the future and we undervalue it and let it go... dry.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 15 2012, 03:40 AM) *
He was leader material.

Yeah, but its better that he leaves now and not miss this chance, than having Milan fans boo him in 3 years time when his legs start to tire out.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 15 2012, 01:55 AM) *
Yeah, but its better that he leaves now and not miss this chance, than having Milan fans boo him in 3 years time when his legs start to tire out.

unsure.gif

Uhh, no!
Zed.D
Rossonier7, just when did you become such an annoying troll?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jul 15 2012, 11:12 AM) *

My opinion, and don't start with that wink.gif
Zed.D
So you think in 3 years' time Silva would have been booed by the fans?

You're messing up with numbers and exaggerate a lot these days and you know it.
Jack Sparrow
Exaggerate what numbers? I rely on him a lot for numbers. Btw Milan made 39 million from last season's CL. Impressive considering Barca made 41 and Chelsea 50.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jul 15 2012, 10:12 AM) *

amen

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 15 2012, 10:44 AM) *
My opinion, and don't start with that wink.gif

that's not an opinion, but a bad assumption
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 15 2012, 09:25 AM) *
Exaggerate what numbers? I rely on him a lot for numbers. Btw Milan made 39 million from last season's CL. Impressive considering Barca made 41 and Chelsea 50.

Yep and we'll be throwing that away because with this squad we won't go far next season in the competition and I can barely see us reaching 3rd in the league...

Our central defensive pairing has gone from world class to mid-table material
Fillipo Simone
When exactly have we started insulting people recklessly?
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 15 2012, 12:55 PM) *

Haha I meant the age. yesterday he says Thiago will be 29 this coming season and now he says he would've been booed in 3 years' time (because of bad performance).

That's pure exaggeration or as CHU-LIP said it better, bad assumption.

When exactly have we started insulting people recklessly?

Insulting recklessly? ohmy.gif

Let me ask something...

When did Milan fans at San Siro boo a world class 30-31yo?
Fillipo Simone
Yet, this is not the answer to my question. R7 may have said the most ridiculous thing in the world or a totally bended truth, yet why getting personal? Really, we should keep staying focused and reasonable.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jul 15 2012, 12:13 PM) *
So you think in 3 years' time Silva would have been booed by the fans?

You're messing up with numbers and exaggerate a lot these days and you know it.

No, I think Silva in a few years will decline. His flaws will show and hence people on MF will start calling him names and insulting him .. ala Maldini, Seedorf, gattuso, and even Pirlo (during their final playing days with us) ... So why should he turn down a very lucrative offer in France?

I'm messing up numbers? Ok cool.gif
Zed.D
people on MF will start calling him names and insulting him

I'm sure he wouldn't have liked that rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

why should he turn down a very lucrative offer in France?

Because he made it clear that he wanted to stay at Milan. Jesus, stop this nonsense blink.gif

@ Fillipo

I was called a fucking monkey the other day and neither I nor you made such a big deal about it. we get angry sometimes and say things that we shouldn't. I don't think calling someone an annoying troll is as big an insult as you make it out to be anyway, but let's move on, OK?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.